PDA

View Full Version : The league table: Hearts currently eleventh

Hibernia&Alba
28-02-2013, 12:05 AM
The position we occupied for much of last season and where we finished in the standings. How they laughed, "Joke team, joke manager" blah blah blah. Not so funny now; only kept off the bottom by a very poor Dundee side who are miles behind the rest, and staring administration in the face. At least we had a cup run to cheer us up. He who laughs last laughs longest. Very pleasing to look at the table just now: Hibs only three points point behind Caley in third, and four points behind 'Well. Then keep scanning down.....keep going......:greengrin

jw1410
28-02-2013, 12:15 AM
It's a pity they don't really get to worry about potential relegation, hopefully next year, if they're still a club.

Although I'm pretty sure they will be a tad worried about coming to Easter Road next week...

NOLA
28-02-2013, 02:02 AM
only kept off the bottom because of rangers :grr:

JMac
28-02-2013, 02:04 AM
Very pleasing to see them where we were last season, with IMO an even worse squad, so gutted rangers went down now otherwise they'd be relegated

Pete
28-02-2013, 03:18 AM
They'd better get used to it.

Dashing Bob S
28-02-2013, 06:35 AM
The position we occupied for much of last season and where we finished in the standings. How they laughed, "Joke team, joke manager" blah blah blah. Not so funny now; only kept off the bottom by a very poor Dundee side who are miles behind the rest, and staring administration in the face. At least we had a cup run to cheer us up. He who laughs last laughs longest. Very pleasing to look at the table just now: Hibs only three points point behind Caley in third, and four points behind 'Well. Then keep scanning down.....keep going......:greengrin

To be fair to Hearts, they have a healthy points lead over Dundee in the two team administration league.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2013, 07:18 AM

Only thing is.....

The Sea-gull
28-02-2013, 07:44 AM

Aye no looking good for the Yams. Would be great if Bomber Brown can rally Dundee and at the very least make them sheet their breeks a wee bit.

PS - the bit about the cup run. I'm fairly sure they are in a final in a few weeks. Or are we not counting the "wee" cup now. If we're not then that is a bit yammish. It's only a wee cup when you're no winning it. Won't be surprised if that shower get a jammy win in it though. Actually na, got a feeling the Saints, who have been fairly poor in the league, feel this is their tourney, the main focus of their season and will not be phased by the day at Hampden.

I would be delighted if St Mirren win the a cup. Not just because of who they are playing in the final but they seem like are a decent run club and Danny Lennon is one of the few SPL managers who never says anything to wind folk up and is always a decent guy.

Mikey
28-02-2013, 07:51 AM
You used to regularly see Hearts fans on here telling us that "the league table doesn't lie".

I wonder where they are now?

EDIT - Actually, I know the answer to that. HNA13 has still got them under lock and key :greengrin

Jack
28-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Bare in mind too that this is a Dundee side who were not geared up to be in the SPL this season so are a 1st Division side in the wrong place at the wrong time. As others have said, maybe Brown has been brought in with the thought that the Yams are likely to get a 17 point deduction making Dundee's survival in the SPL a distinct possibility.

jw1410
28-02-2013, 08:39 AM
so gutted rangers went down

Careful now, lets not say anything we might regret :na na:

Steve20
28-02-2013, 08:43 AM
They're pish, no doubt about it. However, in the very unlikely event that they lose 17 points, I'd still fancy them to finish above Dundee.

Jones28
28-02-2013, 08:45 AM
If they get beaten in the cup - and I'm not expecting them to in all honesty, but if they do it will be fantastic

Hibernia&Alba
28-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Aye no looking good for the Yams. Would be great if Bomber Brown can rally Dundee and at the very least make them sheet their breeks a wee bit.

PS - the bit about the cup run. I'm fairly sure they are in a final in a few weeks. Or are we not counting the "wee" cup now. If we're not then that is a bit yammish. It's only a wee cup when you're no winning it. Won't be surprised if that shower get a jammy win in it though. Actually na, got a feeling the Saints, who have been fairly poor in the league, feel this is their tourney, the main focus of their season and will not be phased by the day at Hampden.

I would be delighted if St Mirren win the a cup. Not just because of who they are playing in the final but they seem like are a decent run club and Danny Lennon is one of the few SPL managers who never says anything to wind folk up and is always a decent guy.

Fair point. I'd forgotten all about that. No,really, I did forget, still thinking about knocking them out of the 'big cup' they sing about, as if the Scottish Cup is the Champions League.

down-the-slope
28-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Bare in mind too that this is a Dundee side who were not geared up to be in the SPL this season so are a 1st Division side in the wrong place at the wrong time. As others have said, maybe Brown has been brought in with the thought that the Yams are likely to get a 17 point deduction making Dundee's survival in the SPL a distinct possibility.

Jack Jack----stop teasing:dancer: