PDA

View Full Version : Another reminder that we're the wee team.....

crewetollhibee
27-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Just watching todays Pointless, and the first question was to name any team that's played in the SPL since inception. In the survey, 25 answered Hibs, but 29 mentioned u-know-who. Wonder if they'll obtain a DVD of the show, and maybe that would be an earner for them ? Best quiz show ever BTW. :aok:

Sir David Gray
27-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Just watching todays Pointless, and the first question was to name any team that's played in the SPL since inception. In the survey, 25 answered Hibs, but 29 mentioned u-know-who. Wonder if they'll obtain a DVD of the show, and maybe that would be an earner for them ? Best quiz show ever BTW. :aok:

With the way that show works though, it means that Hibs are actually a better answer than Hearts. :thumbsup:

JMac
27-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Don't pay too much attention to it, Aberdeen were higher than hibs and hearts, great show though

Ozyhibby
27-02-2013, 11:42 PM
We would have been the wrong answer as we haven't played in the SPL since inception? Sure we missed the first year?

Twiglet
27-02-2013, 11:52 PM
We would have been the wrong answer as we haven't played in the SPL since inception? Sure we missed the first year?

It was at any point since it started.
Can anyone get them all? 19 I think. I got all but 1

EdinMike
27-02-2013, 11:57 PM

I guarentee the 1 you didn't get was either Hamilton or Partick :na na:

Sir David Gray
27-02-2013, 11:59 PM

I thought that as well with the wording in the OP but the question on the show was actually just asking people to name any club that has played in the SPL during any season since its inception in 98/99.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2013, 12:04 AM

Aberdeen
Celtic
Dundee
Dundee Utd
Dunfermline
Falkirk
Gretna
Hamilton
Hearts
Hibs
Inverness
Kilmarnock
Livingston
Motherwell
Partick Thistle
Rangers
Ross County
St Johnstone
St Mirren

Bet you couldn't have named them all in alphabetical order. :na na:

:greengrin

Twiglet
28-02-2013, 12:36 AM
I guarentee the 1 you didn't get was either Hamilton or Partick :na na:

You're right. It was Partick. :-)
Never knew. The fact they were there for 2 seasons makes it worse i didn't know! :-D

NOLA
28-02-2013, 01:58 AM
when the wifey said Glasgow i ripped her a new one infront of the inlaws oops lol (note to self dont talk back to folk on the telly) :hide:

dmc1875
28-02-2013, 02:24 AM
when the wifey said Glasgow i ripped her a new one infront of the inlaws oops lol (note to self dont talk back to folk on the telly) :hide:

I saw a pointless though which was name SPL sides in the 10/11 season and the wee team (us) were the fourth most popular!

It went:

Celtic
Rangers
Aberdeen
Hibs
Motherwell
Hearts
Dundee Utd
Kilmarnock

etc etc :agree:

Pete
28-02-2013, 03:27 AM
Who is this "wee team" we are referring to?

We shouldn't even be humouring the Saviles.

Part/Time Supporter
28-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Don't pay too much attention to it, Aberdeen were higher than hibs and hearts, great show though

There's an obvious explanation for that. English people who aren't interested in football (after possibly muttering Rantic) would guess names of big places in Scotland, which obviously includes Aberdeen. Whereas someone would actually need to know Hibs, Hearts, St. Mirren and St. Johnstone to offer them as answers.

vercol36
02-03-2013, 02:41 PM

Are you sure you have it the right way round? See this recording:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGE0FYRp4qw

Broken Gnome
02-03-2013, 02:47 PM
They've done that question twice - last year we had 31 and Hearts 26.

We win on aggregate.

danhibees1875
02-03-2013, 02:51 PM
They've done that question twice - last year we had 31 and Hearts 26.

We win on aggregate.

:flag::flag::jmcp:

Iggy Pope
02-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Must be a repeat. This pointless thread appeared donkeys ago! Love that outcome though. Hertz being, ultimately and clearly, more pointless than us.