PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

cam75
12-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Read his bit in evening news,for a young kid seems level headed good luck and hope he can go on to win medals and cups.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/youngster-alex-harris-reveals-moment-team-mate-told-him-he-was-set-for-a-first-hibs-appearance-1-2570481

McKenzie
12-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Played with him as a kid and he was scouted by Chelsea under Mourinho. Could have a real talent here

frazeHFC
12-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Good read, sad to hear about his father though, hopefully he can do him proud and get more and more first team appearances! :thumbsup:

Brooster
12-10-2012, 01:53 PM
This laddie is a class act, best of the current crop of youngsters in my opinion, if he continues to improve he will be some player.

Billy Whizz
12-10-2012, 02:13 PM
This laddie is a class act, best of the current crop of youngsters in my opinion, if he continues to improve he will be some player.

Better than Stanton and Handling?

AberdreamHibee
12-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Really nice guy.

Have had one or two kick-abouts with him, class act.

Never knew about his dad though, absolutely tragic. He has already done his dad so proud by representing Hibs so just keep building Alex as you could go on to great(er) things! Very sensible guy who will slog his guts out week-in-week-out to get to the level he can :not worth

Good to see some talent emerging from our youth academy, has been desperately dry for a few years so lets hope this is the 2nd coming of the golden generation!

Hibercelona
12-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Just keep pushing yourself to the next level Alex. :aok:

hibsbollah
12-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Sounds like a sensible lad.

I had to laugh at the article's oh-so-Edinburgh-class-obsessed focus on his private education, as if it matters:rolleyes:

Gaun yersel' posh boy:aok:

Part/Time Supporter
12-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Sounds like a sensible lad.

I had to laugh at the article's oh-so-Edinburgh-class-obsessed focus on his private education, as if it matters:rolleyes:

Gaun yersel' posh boy:aok:

It is pretty unusual for a Hibs player to come from one of the posh schools...

hibbybrian
12-10-2012, 04:35 PM

Alan Gordon was one :wink:

hibsbollah
12-10-2012, 04:49 PM

On the plus side, he could be a refining influence on the dressing room. Perhaps we'll see a move.away from trips to Nandos followed by the bookies and 12 bottles of Blue WKD, and an increased appreviation of jugged hare, chateauneuf du pape and renaissance literature...

HibeeN
12-10-2012, 04:52 PM
On the plus side, he could be a refining influence on the dressing room. Perhaps we'll see a move.away from trips to Nandos followed by the bookies and 12 bottles of Blue WKD, and an increased appreviation of jugged hare, chateauneuf du pape and renaissance literature...

:faf:

Dashing Bob S
12-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Very hard to lose his father at such a crucial time in his life. Seems to have the kind of attitude that would make his dad very proud. I hope he's a big success.

Ozyhibby
12-10-2012, 06:20 PM
The football set ups at the 'posh' schools are excellent now. Stew mel recently won the inspectors cup, beating leith academy easily in the final. They were just back from a one week training camp with a La liga team.
They now take football as seriously as rugby and with 1 in 4 kids in Edinburgh going Private I expect them to produce a lot more players.

Pretty Boy
12-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Seems a good lad who's come through a lot.

Best of luck to him.

johnbc70
12-10-2012, 07:32 PM
What a great and refreshing story. Best of luck to him and hope to see more of him soon.

oconnors_strip
12-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Very hard to lose his father at such a crucial time in his life. Seems to have the kind of attitude that would make his dad very proud. I hope he's a big success.

his mum is very very proud of him and was smiling from ear to ear even before he got on the pitch on saturday. she was sad his dad isnt here to witness it but knows what an influence he has had on alex

keep up the good work pal:thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
13-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Alan Gordon was one :wink:

1. That was a while ago

2. He started his pro career with the Yams

:wink:

Brooster
13-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Stanton is a crackin player as well but I think harris has something textra special plus he is a bit younger as well. Its difficult to compare him to handling and caldwell as play in different positions. Big season for those 2 as well by the way, if they can reach the next level we could have another riordan and occonnor on our hands. They need game time though and for that reason it was dissapointing to see kuqi come on at 3 nil last week instead of danny or calds.

Better than Stanton and Handling?

NAE NOOKIE
13-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Have to admit I was scratching my head a wee bit when Alex came on against Dundee, but in the few minutes he was on and from the few touches he had I found myself wishing he had been given half an hour instead of those few minutes ... sometimes you just get a feeling about a player when you first see them ...... I got that feeling watching him.

Such a shame about his dad, but he seems to be using it as a driving force ... good for him.

Lets hope we see more of the posh lad :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
13-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Stanton is a crackin player as well but I think harris has something textra special plus he is a bit younger as well. Its difficult to compare him to handling and caldwell as play in different positions. Big season for those 2 as well by the way, if they can reach the next level we could have another riordan and occonnor on our hands. They need game time though and for that reason it was dissapointing to see kuqi come on at 3 nil last week instead of danny or calds.

:agree:

Cropley10
13-10-2012, 07:35 PM
The football set ups at the 'posh' schools are excellent now. Stew mel recently won the inspectors cup, beating leith academy easily in the final. They were just back from a one week training camp with a La liga team.
They now take football as seriously as rugby and with 1 in 4 kids in Edinburgh going Private I expect them to produce a lot more players.

Private schools also benefit from the ages they have children at, compared to state schools.

Stew Mel had a good few kids born 99 compared to most state schools who were 2000. I've always thought the Inspectors shouldn't include Private schools for this reason

Anyway, back to the OP. it's a great story, the loss of the young man's father can never be underestimated and is so tragic. I know some guys who have known him a long time and have only good things to say about him.

truehibernian
13-10-2012, 07:57 PM

So my wee SFA snout was right a couple of years ago regards young Alex :greengrin for what it's worth he is also telling me regularly that young Jay Doyle is catching his eye more and more - he has tipped him next.

Hibs are also trying to attract a young Scandinavian lad who is funnily enough due to go into private school, or indeed may have gone into secondary this year. Apparently one of the best youngsters he has ever clapped eyes on and only 11/12 years old.

I totally agree about your assessment of both Alex and Sam though brooster - I think they will be mainstays in the Hibernian midfield in a couple of years (I hope) - which bodes well for an attack minded, dare I say flair orientated Hibs in the near future.

PeterboroHibee
14-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Thats a good read. Sounds like he has the right sort of people around him, his family seem to have kept him on track, and getting some qualifications is always so important for footballers in my opinion, just incase it doesnt work out (yet so few of them actually do it).

It also seems like hes going to be an exciting player for us in the next few years, and its good to see so many of the young guys getting the opportunity to play in the first team.

Wotherspiniesta
27-02-2013, 09:21 PM
How did the young lad play when he came on?

3pm
27-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Hard one to get into.

Wanted the ball, didn't get as much as he'd have liked. Distribution so-so.

hibs4thecup1988
27-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I thought he made much more of an impact than lazy bum wotherspoon. And btw I like spoony. He was awful tonight
Harris looked for the ball at least

HibernianJK
27-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Looked lively when he came on. Good feet. Should have had a shot but passed to offside Griffiths. Could tell he bricked it and feared a moan from sparky. Looking forward to seeing more of him

3pm
27-02-2013, 09:44 PM
I thought he made much more of an impact than lazy bum wotherspoon. And btw I like spoony. He was awful tonight

Apart from the assist.

hibbysam
27-02-2013, 09:46 PM

Eh? David chased down nearly every ball, he stayed well wide which stretched there back four a bit, he never done much with the ball but calling him lazy tonight? No chance

QMU-1875
27-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Thought he looked good when he came on, definitely a player with a bright future for us. I'd start him ahead of cairney who was anonymous today and looked quite slow which is ashame as he has been class. He's looking quite unfit aswell.

lucky
27-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Harris played a nice pass through for LG but unfortunately he was offside. He showed for the ball but I thought it was a strange decision to put him on when are chasing a game

Leighonel
27-02-2013, 10:00 PM

Im pretty sure that 'lazy bum' got the ball, beat his man and crossed the ball in for doyle which set up the second goal.

He hasn't been at his best recently but at least give him credit for the good things he does.

LaMotta
27-02-2013, 10:01 PM

Wotherspoon assist for the first goal with best corner of the evening, then a major part in the second goal getting to byeline and crossing to Doyle :greengrin

erin go bragh
27-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Thought he looked a bit lost ,when he first came on [last time i seen him was against celtic under 21s cup game and he was playing on the right wing ,he tore the celtic left back a new one ] but he had a great chance to score ,if he had shot instead of slipping the ball through to sparky ,who was offside .

ggtth

Mikey
27-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Thought he looked a bit lost ,when he first came on [last time i seen him was against celtic under 21s cup game and he was playing on the right wing ,he tore the celtic left back a new one ] but he had a great chance to score ,if he had shot instead of slipping the ball through to sparky ,who was offside .

ggtth

I felt he could have shot then too and I wondered if it was a confidence thing.

Don't hold back on Sunday young man :wink:

3pm
27-02-2013, 10:08 PM
What position does he actually play?

TrinityHibs
27-02-2013, 10:15 PM

He didnt.

I thought it was a strange substitution but there were some nice touches and good awareness. Thought he could have shot instead of pushing the ball through. He did more than some on the park tonight.

Jonnyboy
27-02-2013, 10:33 PM

Nae need. Also, if he's 'awful' in every game it'll suit me if he assists for two goals as he did tonight

down-the-slope
27-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Alex did well when you consider way team was playing when he came on...made good angles and made the RH side of defence work more in 15 mins than Cairney had managed in 75...as others have mentioned he actually had to chances to shoot that he might just take with a bit more game time.

Good to see youngsters pushing the players in possession of the jerseys.

Up The Bracket
27-02-2013, 11:10 PM

Oh dear, Wotherspoon created both the goals.

Harris was good, created a few chances and added much needed width to the midfield, would like to see more of him in the coming weeks.

JohnStephens91
28-02-2013, 11:24 AM
I was actually very impressed with him, he looks like he could be a great asset to have in our team for next season. He has nice touches and looked to cause problems. His pass to Sparky was about the only criticism I can think of and even then it's not that big a concern as almost every other player we have would have tried the same pass. He'll develop into a good player as long as the fans support him whenever he is in the first-team.

Winston Ingram
28-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Eh? David chased down nearly every ball, he stayed well wide which stretched there back four a bit, he never done much with the ball but calling him lazy tonight? No chance

Offered far more than Done. Chased every ball, offered a threat on the right and was involved in both goals:agree:

southfieldhibby
28-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Oh dear, Wotherspoon created both the goals.

He did indeed, but he looks terrified of the ball.I've never known a player to be reliant so heavily on confidence.

Offered far more than Done.

Done would offer more if the manager played him on the correct side of the pitch.It's obvious he has no right peg and he's coming back every time.Put him on the left for a wee while and let him show what he can do over there.

Malthibby
28-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Offered far more than Done. Chased every ball, offered a threat on the right and was involved in both goals:agree:

:agree: That's what I saw. Harris was also very engaged & Doyle was running around as if he had a rocket up his jacksy. Meyhaps PF can put it on the line when necessary.

frazeHFC
28-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Never even noticed he had came on until this thread! Heard good things about him, hopefully gets some more game time this season and a full pre-season with the 1st team.

Winston Ingram
28-02-2013, 12:14 PM
He did indeed, but he looks terrified of the ball.I've never known a player to be reliant so heavily on confidence.

Done would offer more if the manager played him on the correct side of the pitch.It's obvious he has no right peg and he's coming back every time.Put him on the left for a wee while and let him show what he can do over there.

Have you seen him play on the left alot?

Stevie Reid
28-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Was really encouraged by Harris' cameo, thought he looked good on the ball and definitely contributed to our change in fortunes.

southfieldhibby
28-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Have you seen him play on the left alot?

I'm not sure whether this is laced with sarcasm or not.

To answer though, no.I have seen him play every minute of his Hibs career and it's obvious he's decent, but like at St. Mirren, he comes back or inside to get the ball on his left foot instead of trying to take a full back on.He's one footed, I'm only suggesting playing him on the correct side of the pitch to allow him the chance to take on a full back...I'd even do it at the expense of Cairney, who could either play behind Leigh instead on Robertson, or on the right instead of Done.

wookie70
28-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Thought Harris did really well when he came on. He looked like a player who is perhaps more considered in his approach to the other youngster who have played recently. The other seem to show bags of energy but not alot of thought. He made the error of passing to Sparky instead of shooting but that will come with games. Too early to say for me but considering that Cairney has been pretty poor of late then he might be worth a run in the Team.

I too would like to see Done on the left. If he hits the byeline then midfielder have a far greater reason to burst forward. The cutting in field makes them hold their positions behind the ball from what I can see. McGivern played several excellent balls to Done setting him up one on one deep in the Kille half. Very little came from this. I suspect it may have been different on the other flank.

number9dream
28-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Wasn't at the game. Is he worth a start? Wide areas in midfielder is our glaring weak link at the moment. Or does PF continue to choose two from Done, Wotherspoon, Cairney & Doyle?
Can't see our manager gambling in cup tie and fewer subs to choose from...

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Looks a player.

Fergus52
10-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Aye, would like to see him get more time after that performance

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Looks a player.

This...

Fenlon must start him at some point surely..a very direct laddie

:aok:

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2013, 01:59 PM
I was very impressed with the lad, certainly can run and control a ball. :top marks

HibernianJK
10-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Did very well when he came on. Seemed to glide past players with relative easy

HibeeN
10-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Definitely worth a start on Friday. He played a couple of slack balls when he first came on but that didn't discourage him; he kept his head up and came onto a good game. Really pleased and hope he gets a chance.

truehibernian
10-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Was superb, positive from the minute he went on - shame D wasn't as confident today. Well chuffed for Alex today, a great wee introduction to the derby.

Norris was terrible today from start to finish which was unlike him - whistle happy, very strange advantages, should have learned from Dunfermline game - two linesman and a ref miss a ball which is a metre over the line - actually hoping he's the ref for the Falkirk game - so he'll 'make amends' !!!

iwasthere1972
10-03-2013, 02:10 PM
My first reaction when he was just about to come on was WHO? Now it's WOW. Looks good and very direct.

God Petrie
10-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Calvin was class today.

Billy McKirdy
10-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Can't fault the lad, link up play was mature, positive attitude all round and seemed to show a hunger to take players on, one to watch :thumbsup:

...WentToMowAnSPL
10-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Thought he played well

R'Albin
10-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Calvin was class today.

He was great and I'm sure I'm not alone with that opinion :agree:

Stenny
10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
creative, attacking, just whats needed. he'll get his chance to start soon enough, looks lively.

Craig_in_Prague
10-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Me likey.

J-C
10-03-2013, 02:17 PM
FM13 says he's probably not good enough for the squad, aye right, looks a quick footed direct type, well done.

IndieHibby
10-03-2013, 02:17 PM
A positive and direct player who made an impact in a game otherwise deviod of spark. Expect to see more of him.

blaikie
10-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Looks very promising, Could be a big player in the future playing next to Robertson Thomson and Claros will help Harris settle and get forward a lot more. Hope we start him next week perhaps drop Taiwo :agree:

oconnors_strip
10-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Well done beuzy!! So good to see the young lads I watch every week being given a chance and being more than 5 minutes.

SkyeHibs
10-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Alex has been getting good reviews. I was pleased he was given a decent amount of time today and clearly showed he is ready to play in the first team. He looks a very good prospect that the fans will warm to. In a season when we have been looking out for composure and an ability to run at the opposition it would seem it has been there all the time! There is nothing better than seeing Hibs develop their own players, something that should be the number one priority for the club.

R'Albin
10-03-2013, 02:27 PM
FM13 says he's probably not good enough for the squad, aye right, looks a quick footed direct type, well done.

On the contrary, he's been a great addition to my Montrose squad.

Brightside
10-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Looks a proper player and wants the ball. Time is up for Spoony though. No passion, no guts, and no will to win.

adhibs
10-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Looks a proper player and wants the ball. Time is up for Spoony though. No passion, no guts, and no will to win.

Completely agree. Wotherspoon's an awful playet

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 02:34 PM

No idea what was up with Spoony today.

Disinterested or completely devoid of confidence. He was brutal.

Cropley10
10-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Im told Harris only started playing football when he was 10 and don't think he's played Boys Club football either. Some prospect.

Treadstone
10-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Easily the best of ANY young player on show today. By a country mile.

At The Edge
10-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Easily the best of ANY young player on show today. By a country mile.

Shirley some mistake? Hearts have the next generation of superstars do they not.....well thats what they keep telling us :greengrin

number9dream
10-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Streets ahead of Done & Wotherspoon today.
Should start at Fir Park on Friday. But who goes on the other flank? Doyle & Cairney right off the boil too.

essexhibee
10-03-2013, 02:47 PM
He looked great today. Interesting prospect!

Robinho08
10-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Good to see him taking on players. Looks decent.

Scottie
10-03-2013, 02:50 PM

Agree completly

Showed great composure on the ball that we so severly seem to be lacking at the moment

Hope he gets a start in the next game.:aok:

CmoantheHibs
10-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Was very impressed.He looks the exact type of player we have been crying out for.

Squealing pig
10-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Going to be a good asset for petries wallet in a few years I think. Looks livelier than done.

hfc rd
10-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Thought he did really well when he came on. Looks an asset. He contributed much more than Done & Wotherspoon.

Sweet Left Peg
10-03-2013, 03:34 PM
First time. I have seen the kid. I would be tempted to start him next game. Quite impressed.

ALF TUPPER
10-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Totally agree. Liked the look of the boy. Not overawed by anyone/anything goin on round about him. Was confident and very capable. Well done son.

Elephant Stone
10-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Looks very promising, thought he was great when he came on.

10-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Yep have to say i was quite impressed with the young lad today. Not afraid to take on defenders and looks like he can be quite a tricky wee player.

Capt Mainwaring
10-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Wide man with pace and not afraid to take the Full Back on. Looks the part to me and I saw more in 15 minutes from him today that I've seen from Done since he arrived.

He'll do for me

Franck Stanton
10-03-2013, 03:58 PM
To be honest when I say him stripped waiting to come on I wondered just what Fenlon was up to . I was of the opinion that the lad was just too inexperienced for a game of this type, [ all blood and guts derby with no finese], but boy was I wrong. He may be young in years but what a football player. After a shaky first few minutes whilst he got up to the speed of the game, thought he had a marvelous game. Assured in everything he did, tackled, "ghosted" past opposition defenders as though they weren't even there, picked out passes, good all-round performance and definately "one to watch". Surely cant bee far away from a first team start. Well done son, keep it up.

eastterrace
10-03-2013, 04:01 PM
must say when he first came on i was a bit worried but he came on to a game and he does look promising.:flag:

Alfred E Newman
10-03-2013, 04:05 PM
I have been critical of the lack of young players coming through in recent times but Harris looks like a gem. We looked a far better side after he came on.

Eyrie
10-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Very promising performance today. He's just a kid so he'll be up and down, but Harris definitely looks like someone we can rely on for next season.

S.sct
10-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Delighted with him, Done was an empty jersey today, get boozey in from the start next week (needs to lift his heed though....).

PeeJay
10-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Considering it was a derby, I thought he did exceptionally well - he has confidence and talent - hope to see him more often in the line up...

whiskyhibby
10-03-2013, 05:10 PM
He looked really composed today, able to take on man and keep the ball at his feet, couple of misplaced passes but overall he really looks a player....

Winston Ingram
10-03-2013, 05:35 PM
We should start him on Fri. Far better than Done:agree:

cad
10-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Lifted the game when he came on ,must be a serious contender for a start next week

.Sean.
10-03-2013, 05:50 PM
'Too wee' according to the genius behind me. Only in Scotland.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2013, 05:53 PM
'Too wee' according to the genius behind me. Only in Scotland.

Are you now saying under 19 players can be just as good as senior players? :confused:

.Sean.
10-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Are you now saying under 19 players can be just as good as senior players? :confused:
Did I say that? I'm merely pointing out that if he's deemed to be good enough by the management, what does his size have to do with anything?

EVENTUALLY
10-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Alex has been getting good reviews. I was pleased he was given a decent amount of time today and clearly showed he is ready to play in the first team. He looks a very good prospect that the fans will warm to. In a season when we have been looking out for composure and an ability to run at the opposition it would seem it has been there all the time! There is nothing better than seeing Hibs develop their own players, something that should be the number one priority for the club.

Said this time and time again. The crowd will get behind a youngster especially one who is intent on going forward with the ball and taking on an opponent. We've got got far too many square ba merchants.
The future is Harris, Stanton and Horribine backed up an accomplished Gold who is more than capable of playing in the role occupied by the likes of Tiawo, Deegan Thomson.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Did I say that? I'm merely pointing out that if he's deemed to be good enough by the management, what does his size have to do with anything?

You stated we'd failed to beat Hearts under 19s in another thread, which is complete bollox, yet one of our under 19s managed to do ok, and showed age is no barrier in football.

truehibernian
10-03-2013, 06:32 PM
You stated we'd failed to beat Hearts under 19s in another thread, which is complete bollox, yet one of our under 19s managed to do ok, and showed age is no barrier in football.

Harris and Stanton will be Hibernian's midfield for the next three years - and good ! Both are superb, and way better than Holt, Walker and Tapping.

The support were great today regards Alex - he lost the ball first off but grew into the game - the support led him through it.

Wait until you see Jordan Forster - he'd head a brick !

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Harris and Stanton will be Hibernian's midfield for the next three years - and good ! Both are superb, and way better than Holt, Walker and Tapping.

The support were great today regards Alex - he lost the ball first off but grew into the game - the support led him through it.

Wait until you see Jordan Forster - he'd head a brick !

Great to hear TH, i have heard some good things about Forster and the more home bred players the better imo.

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Great to hear TH, i have heard some good things about Forster and the more home bred players the better imo.

Hibs: the more home bred players, the better.

Hearts: the more in bred players, the better.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2013, 06:39 PM

:tee hee:

HibeeN
10-03-2013, 06:40 PM

:agree: That really impressed me today. After losing a ball so early on he might have let his head drop and played within himself, but he just kept going and put in an impressive shift, wasn't scared to go forward and attack and run with the ball.

Do you think Stanton is likely to break into the team next season? I read that he was having an operation, so I'm guessing he is unlikely to feature this season?

truehibernian
10-03-2013, 06:41 PM

Love it DBS, that's fighting talk - Big Liam and Pat quite liked that line (they are both in a south side public house next to me)

hibsbollah
10-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Love it DBS, that's fighting talk - Big Liam and Pat quite liked that line (they are both in a south side public house next to me)

Is big Liam swearing? Must be the most potty-mouthed coach in our history :greengrin

truehibernian
10-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Is big Liam swearing? Must be the most potty-mouthed coach in our history :greengrin

He's a big lad and you often need subtitles - get yourself to the soon to be name changed Morning Glory bollah - Pat's 'Simon Cowell' jeans are already getting too much attention.

hibsbollah
10-03-2013, 06:55 PM
He's a big lad and you often need subtitles - get yourself to the soon to be name changed Morning Glory bollah - Pat's 'Simon Cowell' jeans are already getting too much attention.

Ive been drinking in the southside myself today mate, enjoy yourselves :aok: Tell Pat i'm the loony who sent him Sun Tsu's 'The Art of War' before the cup final :blush:

Billy
10-03-2013, 06:55 PM
A wee interview Alex did on Friday afternoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV24x-u3LJM

truehibernian
10-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Ive been drinking in the southside myself today mate, enjoy yourselves :aok:

His jeans are not hibs class - he's been told

Green Fish
10-03-2013, 07:02 PM
THOUGHT he had what the rest of our midfield lacked, directness. Was so frustrated, in good positions and then a sideways or back pass.

Keep it up young man, a breath of fresh air.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 07:09 PM

Is Pat still on the Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted? Took a pint of it off me a few weeks back.

truehibernian
10-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Is Pat still on the Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted? Took a pint of it off me a few weeks back.

Tennents Ice for the first round PB

truehibernian
10-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Tennents Ice for the first round PB

John Leslie is skulking about though - maybe a game of minesweeping is afoot !

Spike Mandela
10-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Good to see young players breaking through but I also remember lots of threads like this about Callum Booth.:cb

Greenblood70
10-03-2013, 07:20 PM
I thought Alex changed the game when he came on, he makes himself available and ghosts away from challenges. I was very impressed and encouraged by his contribution, hopefully Fenlon will have the cahoonas to start him soon as he is head and shoulders above plodders like Done, who although a tryer is very predictable.

hibsbollah
10-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Good to see young players breaking through but I also remember lots of threads like this about Callum Booth.:cb

...not to mention Wotherspoon.

dave62
10-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Well impressed with Harris when he came on.

Seen him play in 5 or 10 minute spells before but today was the first time he's had time to show what he can do. Wasn't afraid to run at defenders and gives us a bit of guile and directness than we're lacking.

lord bunberry
11-03-2013, 08:07 AM
I thought Alex changed the game when he came on, he makes himself available and ghosts away from challenges. I was very impressed and encouraged by his contribution, hopefully Fenlon will have the cahoonas to start him soon as he is head and shoulders above plodders like Done, who although a tryer is very predictable.

I doubt harris will start on friday. I think fenlon will be looking to bring him through slowly. We want to avoid the calumn booth and spoony type situations were they end up being relied upon to early

Pray4Marc
11-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Looks a player and most importantly comes across very level headed.

Jones28
11-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Really glad to see him come on, he looks a prospect

Hibrandenburg
11-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Really liked what I saw. :thumbsup:

MB62
11-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Great to see Harris bomb up and down that big wing :offski:

Seriously though, highly impressed by the lad yesterday and looking forward to seeing him strut his stuff on a more regular basis.
Don't quite go along with the opinion that Done did nothing yesterday but certainly thought Harris was far more positive when he came on.

With the guys we have at the moment and the youngsters that are on the verge of breaking through, the future does look GREEN for us.

LeighLoyal
11-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Promising young player for sure.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Great to see Harris bomb up and down that big wing :offski:

:greengrin

That's the laddies new nickname then "Bomber Harris"

edinburghhibee
11-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Harris did look good yesterday, but in fairness to done I think he was injured in that horrible tackle from... Whatever his name is. Done just didn't look comfortable after that. Hope that little scroat is out the final for that tackle

Hank Schrader
11-03-2013, 11:54 AM
There was a thread on here last year about young Harris and it was clear he was highly rated. When he came on I told the guy next to me that this young lad was supposed to be very good. And he proved that to be true. Excellent 20 minutes or so from Alex. Looks like he could be a very fine player for us.

AberdreamHibee
15-03-2013, 08:36 PM
A bad result tonight...

But what a player we have on our hands here. Class act.

R'Albin
15-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Unbelievable tonight. Only player who looked remotely dangerous in the second half.

Elephant Stone
15-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Long term deal for this chap, please! He looks fantastic. So direct and confident already.

col02
15-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Definitely looks to have something about him. Looks a huge task to stay in the top six but one positive if we finish bottom six would be seeing the likes of Harris and Handling along with a couple other young players getting a run out.

TAHibby
15-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Really think he should have got a start tonight, definitely caused problems when he came on. One positive that can be taken from tonight

Wotherspiniesta
15-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Looks like a cracking player. Good touch, direct and looked very quick aswell.

Should start v ICT.

spike220
15-03-2013, 08:57 PM
The only good thing tonight was this lads performance. Deserves a start.

California-Hibs
15-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Looks very very good! It's only been a couple of appearances off the bench and he has already done more than Caldwell and Handling, who I've been disappointed with and left we thinking just what youth players we currently have that can make the step up. Well, arise youth Alex Harris! Can already tell this boy has it. One of the big things I like about him is that he's bloody fast! :cb

SteveHFC
15-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Hopefully replaces Done in the next game

Baldy Foghorn
15-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Harris was the only plus point for me Tonight, looked direct, pacy and up for it.......

matty_f
15-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Harris was the only plus point for me Tonight, looked direct, pacy and up for it.......

:agree: Very exciting seeing a young player just attacking the opposition and causing some havoc in the process. Was unlucky not to get a goal tonight.

monktonharp
15-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Harris was the only plus point for me Tonight, looked direct, pacy and up for it.......for me, there were one or two good performances tonight, Claros,McGivern, and Leigh as always looked dangerous and we would still be raving if his overhead kick had not been saved. however, Harris looked amazingly good for a guy so young. I would like very much, to see him getting a start against ICT.if it does'nt work out, sub him at ht, but there's nowt much to loose.

DaveF
30-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Congratulations to Alex Harris on a confident, hard working full 1st team debut today.

Against very tough opposition he did himself proud. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of this young man in a Hibernian shirt in the months and years ahead.

MSK
30-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Congratulations to Alex Harris on a confident, hard working full 1st team debut today.

Against very tough opposition he did himself proud. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of this young man in a Hibernian shirt in the months and years ahead.:agree:

Jones28
30-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Thee positive since the the cup game :agree:

down-the-slope
30-03-2013, 07:31 PM

Against very tough opposition he did himself proud. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of this young man in a Hibernian shirt in the months and years ahead.

:agree:..also any reservations about KT returning were erased.....

What must Jorge think when he was not on the pitch....:rolleyes:

hibsbollah
30-03-2013, 07:35 PM

What must Jorge think when he was not on the pitch....:rolleyes:

Pat says Jorge was overtired and will be back next game :aok:

Harris Thomson Claros Robertson Cairney looks better?

DaveF
30-03-2013, 07:36 PM

As in a grouchy toddler who won't go to sleep :greengrin

Jonnyboy
30-03-2013, 07:48 PM

What must Jorge think when he realises Deegan is on the pitch....:rolleyes:

Fixed that for you :wink:

3pm
30-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Fixed that for you :wink:

Yep John. He's ****in piss poor.

down-the-slope
30-03-2013, 07:52 PM

Overtired......:grr:......he could have played half asleep and been better than Deegan.....did anyone else see KT asking bench to sub him when he made a rash lunge after getting yellow? T was talking to Deegan and trying to get him to 'use the head'....I think KT & Jorge could be the Hol Grail we have been after...

Not soft - able to win the ball and control tempo...but have the killer through ball in the locker that opens teams up.....

Hermit Crab
30-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Harris to start at park head then?

down-the-slope
30-03-2013, 08:29 PM

:agree: no reason at all why not

truehibernian
30-03-2013, 08:44 PM

Personally hope he plays every game from now until the end of the season, including the semi and ssssshhhhh final :greengrin.

Would like to see a midfield holding/defensive shield of Claros and Thomson, with Harris and Cairney either side - with Leigh being partnered up top with young Ross Caldwell.

Brightside
30-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Harris was quality, and KT was screaming at Fenlon to change formations and all sorts.

Jonnyboy
30-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Harris was quality, and KT was screaming at Fenlon to change formations and all sorts.

Calderwood's favourites apparently :wink:

Heedersnvolleys
30-03-2013, 09:24 PM

Noticed that after their first goal KT was looking at PF for some instructions while wait to take the restart he seemed to just ignore him and sat in the dugout :confused:

147lothian
30-03-2013, 10:13 PM
The positives for me were Harrison, exactly the type of player we have been crying out for who can take people on, and Thompson, I thought Thompson controlled the game, and you could see his quality, I can't wait to see Thompson and Claros playing together, at last we might be able to break teams down, it might be best with just one up front though because Doyle didn't seem the answer

Andy74
30-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Noticed that after their first goal KT was looking at PF for some instructions while wait to take the restart he seemed to just ignore him and sat in the dugout :confused:

Here we go!

lucky
30-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Robertson should never be near our first team. His second touch is a tackle. As for Harris, very good future. Great 1st start

trev the hat
30-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Would like to see a midfield holding/defensive shield of Claros and Thomson, with Harris and Cairney either side - with Leigh being partnered up top with young Ross Caldwell.[/QUOTE]

Good shout, Harris done well today as did Cairney once on, not convinced we can actually play 4-4-2 tho, do like the midfield suggested.

seanshow
30-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Great debut for the lad, as others have said he plays with his head up, can pass, and is attacked minded when in possession!
.............hopefully it spreads to his other colleagues in midfield and make us a threat going forward for a change.

:top marks

Hibeesforever
31-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Yes, young lad ghosted past two midfielders with real classy confidence. Even Sparky doesn't ghost, great full debut.
If Sparky could only use his right foot and play a tight one two with Alex, we might get somewhere.
Still a disaster result though. Players are much better than that.

danhibees1875
31-03-2013, 10:52 AM

I think kt was the catalyst to take deegan off :agree: after another tackle by Gary, kt turned to fenlon and was gesturing to take him off before he is sent off.

The correct thing for the club to do but I'm not sure how many will appreciate the newest player in the squad making this decision...

hfc rd
31-03-2013, 11:19 AM
The only two positives to take out of yesterday. The performances of Alex Harris & Kevin Thomson.

brog
31-03-2013, 11:22 AM

That's good to hear. It always takes me a while to log on here after a defeat but any good news is extremely welcome. He certainly looks the part.

HibernianJK
31-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Yes I was very happy with his debut. Raven has been a very solid player for ICT this season and has impressed when I've watched him

Weir7
31-03-2013, 01:05 PM

Also when subs made he had to ask bench what the new formation was.

Think that got Fenlon stumped he's not covered different formations at his training courses.

Andy74
31-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Also when subs made he had to ask bench what the new formation was.

Think that got Fenlon stumped he's not covered different formations at his training courses.

Do we have to have this pathetic nonsense with all our managers? Have a word.

Weir7
31-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Do we have to have this pathetic nonsense with all our managers? Have a word.

You've lost me

Green Fish
31-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Agreed, Harris looks a great prospect. Another positive though, great to see Paul Cairney again. He didnt look fit but hoping hes back to his best at the right time.

oldbiker
13-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Take a bow and a huge cheer coz you were pure class son.

Even under the cosh in the first half kept his head up and was willing to take the ball on.

Well done:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
13-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Him and Claros should be proud.

Honourable mentions for Leigh who had a mare but scored 2 and Williams who had a huge save at 0-3 and again at the death.

zero-seven
13-04-2013, 02:26 PM

Honourable mentions for Leigh who had a mare but scored 2 and Williams who had a huge save at 0-3 and again at the death.

harris was class. Williams was great with crucial saves, claros was the man who calmed things down and found his man...this aint easy supporting this lot, but a season defining second half did the job..well done

spike220
13-04-2013, 02:27 PM

Even under the cosh in the first half kept his head up and was willing to take the ball on.

If he plays like that every game and he will be worth 2M in no time!

LeighLoyal
13-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Handling was good as well.

Golden Bear
13-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Already a great player but let's hope Fenlon sees that he's a much more effective player when played on the left.

S.sct
13-04-2013, 02:31 PM

Class, thats all

jdships
13-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Class, thats all

Absolutely oozes class
Watch this space this lad is going to be a STAR :top marks

IberianHibernian
13-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Think his new contract was only for next season so would hope an extension would be a priority . Handling did well too .

Boyle89
13-04-2013, 03:10 PM
He is ****ing teckle!! Not afraid to take his man on and he changed the game today by putting the team on his back! 10/10 son!!

rosco-hibee
13-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Handling was good as well.

Disagree. I wouldn't describe his performance as 'good'. He was keen and always looking for the ball, but failed to beat his man just about every time.
The stand out for me as many others have already said was Harris, clever, energetic and the main reason we got the win.
honourable mentions to Williams and Griffiths also.
Dishonourable mentions to Clancy and Robertson. Best word I can come up with is 'honkin'.

glad I stayed to the end, a rollercoaster to say the least.

:flag::hibees

LeighLoyal
13-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Think his new contract was only for next season so would hope an extension would be a priority . Handling did well too .

Unless we want the same with Harris as happened with that promising Aberdeen kid. Get him extended.

Baader
13-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Was our inspiration today. Tremendous

Franck Stanton
13-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Harris, imo, was man of the match, for a lot of reasons. !st half he was the ONLY player in a Hibs jersey that did anything constructive, scored a great goal and his all-round display was immense. Can't understand why Fenlon moved him from the left to right wing as he wasn't quite as effective there. Has potential to be a great player, but, I suppose the coaching staff at E/R will soon knock that out of him as they have with so many of our youngsters in the past.

AllyF
13-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Deserved the MOTM award by a long way. And what a strike too.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-04-2013, 03:59 PM
A part of the new golden era perhaps?

davhibby
13-04-2013, 04:02 PM
MOTM IMO, got a great future ahead of him, let's just enjoy him while we can!

Bad Habits
13-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Awesome performance, he was the turning point today

TomoHFC
13-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Best player on the park

ballengeich
13-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Looks a potentially top class player - get him on a long contract!

leithsansiro
13-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Harris was good, but remember that Lewis Stevenson was outstanding in the cup final against Killie and look at what doubters say about him on here now...

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Thought Harris was instrumental in so much of our play, that was a fantastic performance from one so "young", he certainly took the game to Falkirk......Outstanding IMO

neil7908
13-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Definitely man of the match and gave us exactly what we've been missing - pace, running at opponents and a some creativity from midfield.

I hope he gets his chance to keep playing in an attack minded Hibs team as thats when we'll see the best out of him. No more 4-5-1 please!

Elephant Stone
13-04-2013, 04:46 PM
An absolute star in the making. Some much confidence. He should be very, very proud of himself this evening. :top marks

Hibby Bairn
13-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Be good if we had a young right back waiting to burst on the scene as well.

GreenCastle
13-04-2013, 04:50 PM

Worrying when he's our best player but massive credit to him for sticking at it in difficult circumstances.

BEEJ
13-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Awesome performance, he was the turning point today

Looks a potentially top class player - get him on a long contract!

The club would give the support a further much-needed shot in the arm this week by announcing that this lad has been tied up on a new contract until 2016.

LaMotta
13-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Harris was good, but remember that Lewis Stevenson was outstanding in the cup final against Killie and look at what doubters say about him on here now...

This is different though. harris is the first young player ive seen since Scott Brown broke through and thought the boy will be a star. And that was before today. He was phenomenal today.:flag:

SteveHFC
13-04-2013, 05:13 PM
In the words of Ian McCall:

For a 18 year old. I think Alex Harris has been absoutley outstanding :not worth

Stringer
13-04-2013, 05:22 PM
He has pace, made some great cross field passes... the goal!!!!:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
13-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Deeserves a lot of plaudits today. He never let the occasion get to him, looked for the ball constantly, took on his man and beat him with ease on occasions and scored a cracking goal. He was a real headache for Falkirk throughout the entire match.

At HT, he looked absolutely distraught btw and could have easily went into his shell.

Well done young man! :top marks

yeezus.
13-04-2013, 06:02 PM
:top marksHe was outstanding today - changed the game, let's hope he starts in the final.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Amazing wee player. Reminds me of Sproule in a way! Bright future that lad has, keep it up wee man.. GGTTH!

Pat 0-7
13-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Thought he played well when I was at the game, but looked even better when I watched the recording of the game after I got back home. Hope he keeps progressing!!

JoeTortolanoFanClub
13-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Harris has flair...something we have been missing for a while.

Billy Whizz
13-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Going to be a big star, get him on an extended deal now!

truehibernian
13-04-2013, 07:22 PM
I did warn you all :greengrin

Eyrie
13-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Agree that we need to extend him immediately. Harris looks like he can be a key player for us - skill and pace.

Hiber-nation
13-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Different class son, what would we have done without him....I think that's an easy one to answer.

Emerald
13-04-2013, 08:08 PM
18 year old, best player on the park by a mile. He is a star in the making and the next best thing to come out of Easter Road. He plays like a young John Collins, total class. :top marks

truehibernian
13-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Danny Handling deserves a bit of praise too - link up play was good and another player not afraid to want the ball and take it forward. Belied their age the pair of them.

Benny Brazil
13-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Danny Handling deserves a bit of praise too - link up play was good and another player not afraid to want the ball and take it forward. Belied their age the pair of them.

Agreed.

Tyler Durden
13-04-2013, 09:22 PM

Why Claros? What did he do?

California-Hibs
13-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Finally....we have a left midfielder!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: He's absolutely superb! Quick, direct, skillful and not afraid to shoot. YES PLEASE! Take a bow Harris, YOU were the difference today. 18 years old....18!!

brilliant! :agree:

hibee_nation
13-04-2013, 09:36 PM

You are joking right. :confused:

Tyler Durden
13-04-2013, 09:52 PM
You are joking right. :confused:

Explain it to me? Passing the ball wide when in acres of space is not something I deem worthy of praise. Name one incident when he materially impacted the game favourably? Where was he at first goal? What about his part in the 3rd Falkirk goal?

Most over rated player in years IMO. Comparisons with Boozy are laughable.

Eyrie
13-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Explain it to me? Passing the ball wide when in acres of space is not something I deem worthy of praise. Name one incident when he materially impacted the game favourably? Where was he at first goal? What about his part in the 3rd Falkirk goal?

Just one? OK - at the end he was covering for Clancy in the RB area, stopped the Falkirk kid going forward, stayed on his feet, didn't fall for any of the feints, then took the ball off him and won a foul.

West hamBERNIAN
13-04-2013, 10:20 PM
find it amazing that all season we've been screaming out for a midfielder like Harris and hes only just broke into the team. are we going to see more youngsters come through now? him and handlin were superb, would love to see more of the young team come through, even off the bench. :flag:

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2013, 10:23 PM

If you can't see it there's no point in trying to explain it to you. The wife doesn't understand football either!

Aubenas
13-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Young 'Boozy' apparently now one of the few (only?) folk to have scored a goal at Hampden and a try at Murrayfield!!:flag::hibees:greengrin:thumbsup::agr ee::not worth

TRC
13-04-2013, 10:58 PM
begs the question why did we sign done?

hibee_girl
13-04-2013, 11:00 PM
begs the question why did we sign done?

I had genuinely forgotten all about him!

Vault Boy
13-04-2013, 11:08 PM
If you can't see it there's no point in trying to explain it to you. The wife doesn't understand football either!

:agree: Claros' role can't be undermined. I think 'he keeps us ticking over' is probably an understatement.

matty_f
13-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Harris was our best player today (with Claros not far behind). What a performance from a young player, and it really says a lot for the lad that even when nothing was going our way in the firs half he still stood up to be counted.

:top marks for the goal as well.

LaMotta
13-04-2013, 11:29 PM

Don't post much but canny not respond to this. I play centre mid for an amateur team, and i tell you some of the stuff he does is ***n amazing. His tackling, his passing, his positioning, his work rate today all phenomenal. He may not get as many goals as me, but he can work on that i'm sure. :greengrin

:agree: Claros' role can't be undermined. I think 'he keeps us ticking over' is probably an understatement.

essexhibee
13-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Alex Harris. Ya beauty. :agree:

CapitalHibs
13-04-2013, 11:40 PM
His run into space for McGivern's pass and the ball into Leigh for the second goal was a thing of beauty, Well done, Alex.

surreyhibbie
13-04-2013, 11:55 PM
I though he was brilliant, tired late on, not surprising given the shift he put in.

If he continues like that, we have a special player on our hands.

Well done lad!

:thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
14-04-2013, 12:06 AM

I've watched the whole game again and from 46 mins onwards Claros did not give the ball away once. OK he was awful in the 1st half but eveything good about our comeback started from him.

gegs70
14-04-2013, 12:10 AM
I have to say that Harris is the 1st player I have seen in while that looks capable of being worth something in a cple of seasons. That said handling did really well too...
they gave their all for the jersey and worked hard ans given the first half thats what we wanted.

14-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Don't know what his contract is the now, but rip it it up, double his wages and make it for 5 years.

cam75
15-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Forgot all about this,watched interview and all is coming good:-)

Sanger
15-04-2013, 05:07 AM
One four boys from fee paying schools on our books. They are benefitting from sport and all its scientific developments Bering part if their ciriculcum whlle sport in state schools has been cut back and run by parents.

HTD1875
15-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Four musselburgh grammar pupils in our last under 20 squad against hearts,so it ain't all bad for state schools,however Harris certainly looks a player,great balance,plays with his head up,and seems to have the acceleration to go past his man.

weonlywon6-2
15-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Read his bit in evening news,for a young kid seems level headed good luck and hope he can go on to win medals and cups.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/youngster-alex-harris-reveals-moment-team-mate-told-him-he-was-set-for-a-first-hibs-appearance-1-2570481

I was hugely impressed with him on Satruday.Even at full time he kept cool and showed respect.

His goal for me was the best of the game,just.Took balls to have a crack at three down from where he did.

It also gives hope and encouragement to other young players to come through if they see he is able to get there

ano hibby
15-04-2013, 07:09 AM
One four boys from fee paying schools on our books. They are benefitting from sport and all its scientific developments Bering part if their ciriculcum whlle sport in state schools has been cut back and run by parents.

who are the others mate?

Fife-Hibee
15-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Lorraine plugging the Hibees, saying how good wee Harris is. Didnt know he used to play rugby as well :-)

pontius pilate
15-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Yep heard that as well I don't think she could have been more complimentary about the wee man. Ref her question I haven't found anything to suggest that Alex has company. Invade anybody missed it the question was has anybody scored a try and a goal in their countries respective national stadiums for each sport in a professional sense. As we all know around 100 years ago sportsmen played numerous sports at international level but as amateurs.

lor4984
15-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Yip heard it too. What an achievement at 18 years of age! A try at murrayfield and a goal at hampden. With any luck it'll be more than one goal at hampden come the 26th may!!

GreenCastle
15-04-2013, 09:07 AM
It's a remarkable story coming from a private school - Edinburgh Academy to be playing 1st team football with Hibs. He has conducted himself very well so far and you can see his intelligence is helping him make it both on and off the pitch so far.

It's amazing what a bit of pace added to our attack and the ability to beat a player - something we haven't had for a while :agree:

Hibernian Verse
15-04-2013, 09:08 AM
It's a remarkable story coming from a private school - Edinburgh Academy to be playing 1st team football with Hibs. He has conducted himself very well so far and you can see his intelligence is helping him make it both on and off the pitch so far.

It's amazing what a bit of pace added to our attack and the ability to beat a player - something we haven't had for a while :agree:

Played with him the school team, I'd have been 17 so he'd have been 15, maybe 14. We didn't have a good team but he ran the show against every other school we played. Was never a case of will he/won't he make - he was always certain to. Totally class act.

Purehibee_MYB
15-04-2013, 11:05 AM

I'm hoping with nothing to play for in these last 5 games that the likes of Caldwell, Handling and especially Harris will get a good amount of time to show what they are really about. If I'm not mistaken Stanton is out on loan at the moment but as many of the youngsters as possible should get the opportunity. I think it has a part to play in our poor form over recent seasons that we have not had any stellar youngsters coming through the ranks so it is good to see these guys showing what they are all about. Agree with you that Harris is the best out of the bunch too :agree:

JimBHibees
15-04-2013, 12:38 PM

How long is he contracted with Hibs? His profile will have been raised after Saturday that will be sure.

Teo10
15-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Private schools also benefit from the ages they have children at, compared to state schools.

Stew Mel had a good few kids born 99 compared to most state schools who were 2000. I've always thought the Inspectors shouldn't include Private schools for this reason

Anyway, back to the OP. it's a great story, the loss of the young man's father can never be underestimated and is so tragic. I know some guys who have known him a long time and have only good things to say about him.

These teams like Gillespies etc play together from a really young age whereas (when I was at Watsons) it was only really S4 that we started to play together as a team and had hardly any time to gel together.

Glad to see someone from a private school make it:thumbsup:

The_Sauz
15-04-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm hoping with nothing to play for in these last 5 games that the likes of Caldwell, Handling and especially Harris will get a good amount of time to show what they are really about. If I'm not mistaken Stanton is out on loan at the moment but as many of the youngsters as possible should get the opportunity. I think it has a part to play in our poor form over recent seasons that we have not had any stellar youngsters coming through the ranks so it is good to see these guys showing what they are all about. Agree with you that Harris is the best out of the bunch too :agree:

Sorry but you are wrong! We have 5 games to get our confidence back up and running, plus we have 11 starting places up for grabs for the final. The players have had half a season to turn off, now they have 5 games to prove to PF and the Hibs fans, that they want to play and win the Scottish cup final for Hibernian football club :agree:

cam75
20-04-2013, 01:33 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4895814/Hibs-kid-a-ringer-for-French-star.html
Who iyr daddy:-)

WestEndHibee
20-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Sorry but you are wrong! We have 5 games to get our confidence back up and running, plus we have 11 starting places up for grabs for the final. The players have had half a season to turn off, now they have 5 games to prove to PF and the Hibs fans, that they want to play and win the Scottish cup final for Hibernian football club :agree:

I think that is the jist of PH's post. As we saw in the semi it was the young guys that first showed to bottle to have a go at Falkirk and ultimately changed the game and carried the senior players through. They deserve their chance as much as any and should be given a shot at nailing down a first team place. FWIW I don't really trust the senior players at the moment to take us on a morale boosting 5 game streak. The beginning of the golden generation was when Williamson had nothing to play for and included all these guys in his team. That gave them confidence before the stress of a new season.

LioNeilMessi
20-04-2013, 10:06 AM
I think that is the jist of PH's post. As we saw in the semi it was the young guys that first showed to bottle to have a go at Falkirk and ultimately changed the game and carried the senior players through. They deserve their chance as much as any and should be given a shot at nailing down a first team place. FWIW I don't really trust the senior players at the moment to take us on a morale boosting 5 game streak. The beginning of the golden generation was when Williamson had nothing to play for and included all these guys in his team. That gave them confidence before the stress of a new season.

:agree: I would also suggest using an attacking formation to see out the rest of our games. Or at least make an attempt at entertaining bottom 6 football.