PDA

View Full Version : Ever seen 3 quicker goals?

Mikey
27-02-2013, 09:14 PM
I don't think I have.

Anyone remember when last saw anything like that in a Hibs game?

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2013, 09:17 PM
4-4 at the Piggery was the closest I can think of.

Mikey
27-02-2013, 09:19 PM
4-4 at the Piggery was the closest I can think of.

I must have a very good therapist. I'd forgotten all about that :greengrin

Eyrie
27-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Vague memories of being 3-1 down to Aberdeen after fifteen minutes in the 90s, but I don't recall the exact timings.

Can the next suggestion be when we scored all three please?

eastterrace
27-02-2013, 09:43 PM
i remember we scored 3 goals last 5 mins against dundee united we were two down at the time , remember garath evans scored but not sure about who else.:flag:

MoscowHibs
27-02-2013, 09:45 PM
I do remember, vaguely, being doon 3-0 tae Dundee Utd wi not long to go, and we drew 3-3, Chipper Rice scored a screamer tae equalise. Mid or early 80's if I recall.

Mikey
27-02-2013, 09:46 PM
This thread is tailor made for Bobby :greengrin

3pm
27-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Close!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/5359412.stm

surreyhibbie
27-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Seem to remember a game against the sheep up there, 1-1 with 4 minutes to go (ish). They scored and we thought it was all over, final score 3-2 to us!

August 74 or 75 maybe ?

Interesting night, still got the scar..:wink:

Hank Schrader
27-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Seem to remember Hibs playing Killie at the old Rugby Park mid 90s. After a goalless first half Hibs came out the traps very quickly and were 3-0 up by the 50th minute. :greengrin

rossi
27-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Remember the Dundee Utd game- Evans got 2 after coming on as a sub and Keith Wright got the other I think. First time I saw Duncan Ferguson; he ran the game until he had to go off with a sore back.

Part/Time Supporter
27-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Not a Hibs game (obviously), but this is a famous example...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_FA_Cup_Final

Stewboy
27-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Pretty sure 2 of the goals at rugby park came from short corners???

Purple & Green
27-02-2013, 10:03 PM
This thread is tailor made for Bobby :greengrin

I've started compiling goal times - I've a good list going back about 30 years but I've never bothered with opposition goals so I've not got a great list...however....

the first one that comes to mind is the derby at ER when the stands were being developed 1-0 down then 3-1 up in May 95. Mickey Weir after 62, Keith Wright 65 and Kevin Harper 69 making 3 Hibs goals in 7 minutes.

Apart from that....

v St Johnstone on the sunday between the Athens games we scored through Fenwick in 57, Brebner in 59 and Smart in 62 - which almost rivals tonight.

v Dundee in August 2000 (when Diddy Agathe scored twice) Lehmann scored in the 81 & 82 minutes and Archie in the 85

I'm sure there's more

3pm
27-02-2013, 10:07 PM
I've started compiling goal times - I've a good list going back about 30 years but I've never bothered with opposition goals so I've not got a great list...however....

the first one that comes to mind is the derby at ER when the stand was being developed 1-0 down then 3-1 up in May 95. Mickey Weir after 62, Keith Wright 65 and Kevin Harper 69 making 3 Hibs goals in 7 minutes.

Apart from that....

v St Johnstone on the sunday between the Athens games we scored through Fenwick in 57, Brebner in 59 and Smart in 62 - which almost rivals tonight.

v Dundee in August 2000 (when Diddy Agathe scored twice) Lehmann scored in the 81 & 82 minutes and Archie in the 85

I'm sure there's more

You got the goal times for the 9-0 v Montrose? I looked on the BBC but the time for goal 7 (Riordan) wasn't posted. Wonder how close 7, 8 & 9 were.

MoscowHibs
27-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Remember the Dundee Utd game- Evans got 2 after coming on as a sub and Keith Wright got the other I think. First time I saw Duncan Ferguson; he ran the game until he had to go off with a sore back.

Different game I'm thinking of Bud. Wee check on Hibs stats confirm it was played on 26th March 1983, and Gordon Rae, Willie Irvine and Brian Rice Scored. I think the game you are referring to was 28/12/91 which was indeed as your quote.

Purple & Green
27-02-2013, 10:23 PM
You got the goal times for the 9-0 v Montrose? I looked on the BBC but the time for goal 7 (Riordan) wasn't posted. Wonder how close 7, 8 & 9 were.

I've it noted as 78 minutes?

3pm
27-02-2013, 10:24 PM
I've it noted as 78 minutes?

Cheers.

LancashireHibby
27-02-2013, 10:26 PM
I saw Bolton go 3-0 up on Saturday against Hull if that counts? If not, I'm going back to the booze.

CapitalHibs
27-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Sometime in the sixties I saw Ian St John score a hat trick for Motherwell at Easter Road in 2 and a half minutes.:rolleyes:

jodjam
27-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Seem to remember Hibs playing Killie at the old Rugby Park mid 90s. After a goalless first half Hibs came out the traps very quickly and were 3-0 up by the 50th minute. :greengrin

Aye I mind that game. Sure Evans missed a great chance for 4-0 a minute or so later

Steve-O
28-02-2013, 08:27 AM

:agree:

3 goals in 5 minutes, and then Keith Wright missed an open goal that would've made it 4 goals in 6 minutes!

Found the evidence!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4sNZeLB-KE

Sproule Three
28-02-2013, 08:45 AM

3 goals in 5 minutes, and then Keith Wright missed an open goal that would've made it 4 goals in 6 minutes!

Found the evidence!

Most amazing thing about that was Brian Hamilton actually making a tackle

stu in nottingham
28-02-2013, 09:52 AM
I saw Scottish winger, Ian Scanlon score a hattrick for Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday in 183 seconds. That has to be one of the fastest of all-time.

stu in nottingham
28-02-2013, 09:54 AM
I saw Scottish winger, Ian Scanlon score a hat-trick for Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday in 183 seconds. That has to be one of the fastest of all-time.

The Sea-gull
28-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Close!

Amazing thing about that game is looking at the attendance. 11k for a midweek early round in the league cup v a lower division team. That was probably a relatively poor crowd compared to our league games back then.

Also, not a Hibs game but Robbie Fowler's hat trick at Annfield v Arsenal in the mid 90s. Three goals in about 4 mins of something.

superfurryhibby
28-02-2013, 12:02 PM
What about the game that dare not speak it's name? There were a few quick goals scored successively in that one. From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows, all in a few minutes.

Speedway
28-02-2013, 12:23 PM
i remember we scored 3 goals last 5 mins against dundee united we were two down at the time , remember garath evans scored but not sure about who else.:flag:

That was the game I was thinking of. Arabs had just waltzed through our midfield that day and Chris Reid didn't have much of a defence to speak of either.

Then along game three very similar goals.

Baltic in the east that day.

As for those Killie highlights, could you get 3 more unlikely goal scorers than Farrell, Beaumont and Gareth Doyle..er...Evans?

Hank Schrader
28-02-2013, 12:25 PM

Found the evidence!

Great find Steve! :aok:

heretoday
28-02-2013, 12:29 PM
I saw Scottish winger, Ian Scanlon score a hat-trick for Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday in 183 seconds. That has to be one of the fastest of all-time.

Did he play for Aberdeen? If so he was a really good left wingman.

How about Hibs being four up in ten minutes in 1965 v Hearts at Tynie?

Miguel
28-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Remember being 2-1 up against the Lisbon Lions in about 69-70 with not much time left (cant recall exactly how long) and losing 5-2.

stu in nottingham
28-02-2013, 05:45 PM

Yes, that's the man. He came into the the Notts team in a blaze of glory and excitement and was idolised for a while but it all seemed to go wrong for him for a while. A strange character, he disappeared for a while then resurfaced at Pittodrie. He finished his career at St. Mirren

markom127
28-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Close!

Surely not with Thompson as ref! FAKE

Part/Time Supporter
28-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Ian St John scored an absurdly quick hat-trick for Motherwell against Hibs in 1959

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/the-club/history/former-managers/ian-st-john/

CapitalHibs
28-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Ian St John scored an absurdly quick hat-trick for Motherwell against Hibs in 1959

Yep, post #20 I was about 11 years old and just coudnae believe it at the time. We got beat 1-3

Aubenas
28-02-2013, 07:10 PM
A strange character, he disappeared for a while then resurfaced at Pittodrie. He finished his career at St. Mirren

IIRC While he was at Meadow Lane he claimed to have won the lottery. And disappeared.

Turned out he hadn't won it at all; speculation at the time was that he just wanted out of County.
Wasn't the same player when he came back to Scotland.

brog
28-02-2013, 07:35 PM

Yes & a year or 2 later the great Joe did the same for us vs Thirds. Joe finished up with 5 in an 8-4 victory, oh & Ronnie Simpson saved 2 pens. Just a quiet game!!

ancient hibee
01-03-2013, 03:22 PM

I was at that game-a terrific Motherwell team of course-think it was the fastest ever hat trick in Scottish football-Desmond Fox gave us the lead and then the roof fell in.

St.John was a good manager at Motherwell but he got sickened when the ref cheated them in I think a cup semi against Rangers-disallowed a stone waller and gave Rangers a non existent one a few moments later-and left not long afterwards.Years later I spoke to him at a function and he said that he had to leave because he couldn't stand the frustration of all the big decisions going against you when you played the old firm.

stu in nottingham
01-03-2013, 04:41 PM
IIRC While he was at Meadow Lane he claimed to have won the lottery. And disappeared.

Turned out he hadn't won it at all; speculation at the time was that he just wanted out of County.
Wasn't the same player when he came back to Scotland.

There were a couple of stories about the reason for his disappearance when at Notts County. The ones I heard were firstly that he claimed he had come by an inheritance by way of his girlfriend of the time. The one I preferred though, and it's a cracker, was that he was going into oil management because he had inherited an oil well in a will!

He was portrayed in team mate Dave McVay's book, Steak Diana Ross as something of a one trick pony on the field - once having been found out, being much less successful. He was certainly an eye-catching talent when he first appeared in Notts' black and white stripes though.

linlithgowhibbie
01-03-2013, 09:02 PM

How about Hibs being four up in ten minutes in 1965 v Hearts at Tynie?:flag:

:flag:Remember it well,

Hiber-nation
01-03-2013, 09:05 PM
There were a couple of stories about the reason for his disappearance when at Notts County. The ones I heard were firstly that he claimed he had come by an inheritance by way of his girlfriend of the time. The one I preferred though, and it's a cracker, was that he was going into oil management because he had inherited an oil well in a will!

He was portrayed in team mate Dave McVay's book, Steak Diana Ross as something of a one trick pony on the field - once having been found out, being much less successful. He was certainly an eye-catching talent when he first appeared in Notts' black and white stripes though.

I remember him scoring the sheep's 5th goal in that car crash of a game at ER when they clinched the league. 0-5 I think it ended up.

Iggy Pope
01-03-2013, 09:26 PM

Marvellous day.
I wonder though, if folk talk about the 'old' Easter Road? Rugby Park is still Rugby Park but with some new stands.

heretoday
01-03-2013, 10:20 PM

What happened to The Saint? He was good with Greavesie in the 80s on ITV.

stu in nottingham
01-03-2013, 11:53 PM
What happened to The Saint? He was good with Greavesie in the 80s on ITV.

The Saint is still going strong. Does a bit of local radio work in Liverpool, after-dinner speaking and so on. Very, very popular past player amongst the 'Pool fraternity.

heretoday
02-03-2013, 02:03 PM
The Saint is still going strong. Does a bit of local radio work in Liverpool, after-dinner speaking and so on. Very, very popular past player amongst the 'Pool fraternity.

I remember him flashing a header past the Leeds goalie in a cup final at Wembley!

He always had a nice open honest face.

LancashireHibby
02-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Marvellous day.
I wonder though, if folk talk about the 'old' Easter Road? Rugby Park is still Rugby Park but with some new stands.
And that's even with only three new stands rather than our four, although at least with their rebuild they changed from an oval stadium to a rectangular one, I suppose.

CapitalHibs
02-03-2013, 03:25 PM
I was at that game-a terrific Motherwell team of course-think it was the fastest ever hat trick in Scottish football-Desmond Fox gave us the lead and then the roof fell in.

St.John was a good manager at Motherwell but he got sickened when the ref cheated them in I think a cup semi against Rangers-disallowed a stone waller and gave Rangers a non existent one a few moments later-and left not long afterwards.Years later I spoke to him at a function and he said that he had to leave because he couldn't stand the frustration of all the big decisions going against you when you played the old firm.

Agree with that:agree: Forward line of Hunter, Quinn, St John, Reid and Weir (off the top of ma heid) IIRC none of them were over 5' 7" though incredibly skilled: and of course Hunter and Quinn played for Hibs at one time.

Iggy Pope
02-03-2013, 04:15 PM
And that's even with only three new stands rather than our four, although at least with their rebuild they changed from an oval stadium to a rectangular one, I suppose.

Like us though, no change of location, street, postcode, neebors or anything is there? Still Rugby Park but with changes. A wee bit like Iona Street!

paulhfc88
02-03-2013, 04:44 PM
3 goals in 23 minutes, can this count?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4187314.stm