PDA

View Full Version : The Ref

Hibee87
27-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Are the referees this bad for other teams?

Im not being paranoid but I have actually lost count the amount of times this season that hibs have had a total clown of a ref at e.r and/or linesman

2 corners we should have had that the ref gave goal kicks for without even lookin at the linesman (who was totally incompentant as well) ref giving fouls all over the pitch to them that weren't and eff all to us.

im actually still so pissed off I cant even be bother listing the rest of my rant.

good fighting from hibs well done getting the draw :fenlonup ye shields

27-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Nope, not just us i'm afraid. Just about everyone is Scotland outside the old firm suffer from ridiculous decisions from that bunch of incompetent clowns.

The refereeing standards in this country are an absolute joke.

Fife-Hibee
27-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Ref was f...ing hopeless !!!

lord bunberry
27-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Are the referees this bad for other teams?

Im not being paranoid but I have actually lost count the amount of times this season that hibs have had a total clown of a ref at e.r and/or linesman

2 corners we should have had that the ref gave goal kicks for without even lookin at the linesman (who was totally incompentant as well) ref giving fouls all over the pitch to them that weren't and eff all to us.

im actually still so pissed off I cant even be bother listing the rest of my rant.

good fighting from hibs well done getting the draw :fenlonup ye shields

I thought he was really poor tonight. At one point all the players were standing looking at each other as they didn't know what the ref had awarded

bingo70
27-02-2013, 09:15 PM
What about when Leigh should have given the ball back but never, the ball never went out of play but he took the ball from the keeper and gave them a free kick for literally nothing, we should have had a pen for that!

Boyle89
27-02-2013, 09:16 PM
He and the linesmen were aweful for both teams tonight.

overdrive
27-02-2013, 09:16 PM
QUOTE=Fife-Hibee;3518319]Ref was f...ing hopeless !!![/QUOTE]

I think it's incompetence rather than cheating. What was the free kick all about when Griffiths kept the ball? There was also an occasion the ref and linesman gave a throw to killie, we took it but the ref just played on.

vanNISHtelroy
27-02-2013, 09:17 PM
He doesn't know anything about football, does Dr McKendrick!

A$r fan...surprised you didn't get a few decisions!

Zazu62
27-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Killie kicked the ball out cos their player was lying injured , hibs should have gave it back that was my view of it anyway

hibee_girl
27-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Killie kicked the ball out cos their player was lying injured , hibs should have gave it back that was my view of it anyway

There's no rule to say we have to give it back though, Griffiths didn't do anything wrong.

overdrive
27-02-2013, 09:20 PM

It's not a free kick in their box though.

bingo70
27-02-2013, 09:21 PM

Correct, we should have given it back but its not in the rules we have to so the ball was in play.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of it, it was crazy behaviour from the killie players.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Another game another post about a poor refereeing performance.

He never had control of the game

Let them away with persistent fouling and time wasting

We were absolutely right not to give the ball back to them

And why that Killie player wasn't sent off i do not know.

Killie should count themselves very luck with a point.

hibs4thecup1988
27-02-2013, 09:23 PM
There's no rule to say we have to give it back though, Griffiths didn't do anything wrong.

Exactly!! Should have been a pen, red card, and that's end of story. How many times did they dive?? No wonder he kept the ball. Never raged so much at a ref in all my life?!!

Hibee87
27-02-2013, 09:23 PM

My view was he took a heavy touch both teams still in going for the 50/50 ball he realised a player is down, but also going to lose possession so kicks it out then points to the player. Hibs, IMO didn't need to give the ball back and agree with what we did. What I don't know is what happened after he took the shot and the kili players attacked him...what happened to the ball? did the keeper run off the pitch holding it? did he drop it and run to Griffiths in which case the balls in play and its a pen? I genuinely didn't see the ball around all the pushing and shoving

Westie1875
27-02-2013, 09:27 PM
What about when Leigh should have given the ball back but never, the ball never went out of play but he took the ball from the keeper and gave them a free kick for literally nothing, we should have had a pen for that!

This was a turning point tonight IMO, the crowd was starting to really get on the teams back before that and then Griffiths actions got everyone back behind the team again.

Was a wee bit naughty of him though :greengrin, good on him! :devil:

bingo70
27-02-2013, 09:28 PM
My view was he took a heavy touch both teams still in going for the 50/50 ball he realised a player is down, but also going to lose possession so kicks it out then points to the player. Hibs, IMO didn't need to give the ball back and agree with what we did. What I don't know is what happened after he took the shot and the kili players attacked him...what happened to the ball? did the keeper run off the pitch holding it? did he drop it and run to Griffiths in which case the balls in play and its a pen? I genuinely didn't see the ball around all the pushing and shoving

Keeper just picked it up and ran at Griffiths so should have been a pen

hibs4thecup1988
27-02-2013, 09:30 PM

The keeper held the ball as the players went round him. Then sissoko pushed him with both hands right in front of the ref. I had a great view of it right in front of me.

ronaldo7
27-02-2013, 09:31 PM
I said to my laddie after the first 10 minutes that the ref wasn't a homer. He just turned out to be an idiot.

A hibs player put Heffernan up in the air in the second half...Ref waves play on.

The guy was a total walloper.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Exactly!! Should have been a pen, red card, and that's end of story. How many times did they dive?? No wonder he kept the ball. Never raged so much at a ref in all my life?!!

This.

If Killie were playing 'fair' - Hibs would have played the ball back

If They wanted to waste time, kick the ball away and play act, then we are under no obligation to give the ball back in that type of situation

Hibs Class
27-02-2013, 09:36 PM

I don't think he gave a free kick, he restarted play with an uncontested drop ball. Not sure the reason why he stopped play though.

hibs4thecup1988
27-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Definetly gave a free kick

hibbysam
27-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I don't think he gave a free kick, he restarted play with an uncontested drop ball. Not sure the reason why he stopped play though.

100% gave a free kick as cammy bell picked the ball up and was told to put it down and take free kick! I said at the time that at no point did hibs commit an offence.. What about the one when bell made a great save from sparkys strike into the top corner yet he have a bye kick?

hibs4thecup1988
27-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Exactly!! And bell never even made any note to say he saved it. They have a cheek to say we didbt play fair. Hope we demolish them on sunday!!!

DaveF
27-02-2013, 09:46 PM
As far as refereeing ****wits go, this guy is right up there.

A complete and utter arse.

Argylehibby
27-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Definetly gave a free kick

No he didn't. He called to Hibd players to contest the drop ball and when none did he dealt with it as uncontested. However the issue as many have said before is that there was no reason to stop play in the first place. If the keeper left the pitch with ball in hands then it was a corner or if as some say he confronted Leigh then it was penalty.

cocopops1875
27-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Another game another post about a poor refereeing performance.

He never had control of the game

Let them away with persistent fouling and time wasting

We were absolutely right not to give the ball back to them

And why that Killie player wasn't sent off i do not know.

Killie should count themselves very luck with a point.

Agree with most of your point though dont agree the Killie player should have seen red (and think maybury was lucky not to) but on the highlighted point 3mins Added Time :confused:

lucky
27-02-2013, 10:02 PM
It was never a free kick to Killie. Was also disappointed in McPake telling Leigh to give them the ball back. Just
shows Hibs are still too soft

Kato
27-02-2013, 10:10 PM

Definite pen and possible red for violent conduct, booking at least. Would really like him to explain how he arrived at the decision to award them a free.

GoldenEagle
27-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Has he done many spl games this season?

Who's the ref for this Sunday, hope its someone experienced

macca70
27-02-2013, 10:11 PM
The keeper had the ball in his hands as half the Killie team attacked Griffiths.

The ball is still in keepers hands and in play as the ref blows to calm the situation down.

The game was then definitely restarted with a drop ball, which the ref basically dropped at the keepers feet so he could pick it back up. The keeper then put the ball down and played it off the ground.

1 of the Most ridiculous situations I have seen at a game. At the point half the Killie team surrounded and pushed Griffiths the ball was still live in the keepers hands, 100% a penalty. Complete farce.

3 mins added time?! What's that about, there was 4 goals in the 2nd half, 3 Hibs subs, not sure how many Killie subs, blatant Killie time wasting, the ref pointed to his watch 3 times when the keeper was taking goal kicks, at least a couple of injuries (1 down in the corner of west and FF) and the fiasco when Griffiths was surrounded for not giving the ball back.

Should have been 5 mins at least added. :confused:

djs69
27-02-2013, 10:49 PM

If anything it should have been a penalty as one of their players used two hands and pushed Leigh in the chest. The ref had a nightmare , the two non corners should also have been spotted by one of the officials. The scary thing is there will be no review of decisions and that no follow up actions, it's ridiculous

Alex Trager
27-02-2013, 10:51 PM
The ref was sickening. Disgracefully bad like. Linesmen were just as bad. The corner that should've been after griff battles with a foul seconds before shooting and CB dramatically tips it over. Then Claros's foul in the centre circle, pulled for like. 4s

Alex Trager
27-02-2013, 10:55 PM
And that's not to mention the offside against griff. Never offside. Or when the linesman at the west put flag up for K throw in after Hibs was given.
The attack on griff.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2013, 11:19 PM

A guy called John Beaton.

Can't say I've ever heard of him.

Kato
27-02-2013, 11:20 PM
The keeper held the ball as the players went round him. Then sissoko pushed him with both hands right in front of the ref. I had a great view of it right in front of me.

Violent conduct. Should be banned for Sunday. Instead, he gets to play.

greenginger
27-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Also thought the free kick Killie got when one of their players tries to head the ball at knee height and Stevenson goes for it with his foot. :confused:

Happened on the West stand side about 75 minutes played.

gogs_t
28-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Also thought the free kick Killie got when one of their players tries to head the ball at knee height and Stevenson goes for it with his foot. :confused:

Happened on the West stand side about 75 minutes played.

That was farcical!! (although I thought it was later in the game)

A normal kick at a ball while the players head is a foot from the ground - bizarre!!

I don't think he was biased in any way but there were a lot of unusual decisions. And I thought Maybury (who I am actually a fan of as I think he give 100% every game) should have walked.

ekhibee
28-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Well I saw a first today. It was in the first half and Killie had a free kick, the wall was standing on the edge of the penalty box. The ref moved them forward instead of backwards!!

Saorsa
28-02-2013, 12:30 AM
never heard of this clown before, another of the great up and coming SFA refereeing talents :rolleyes:

SouthMoroccoStu
28-02-2013, 06:28 AM
Agree with most of your point though dont agree the Killie player should have seen red (and think maybury was lucky not to) but on the highlighted point 3mins Added Time :confused:

Sorry, i meant sissoko, he pushed leigh with both hands right in front of the ref.

The ref lost the plot and control of the game at that point.

Would agree with your point on Maybury - easily could have been a sending off

But 3min of added time with Killie wasting time from about 53mins (cammy bell will make a great Hun), 4 goals, 3 Hibs subs, 2 Killie subs, Killie medic on twice and the Leigh altercation in front of the FF.

He even blew time when we were attacking down the left wing.

Must have needed to get home.

I genuinely think that the refs in this country are getting worse and the last 2 jokers have cost us 4 points

vanNISHtelroy
28-02-2013, 06:53 AM
never heard of this clown before, another of the great up and coming SFA refereeing talents :rolleyes:

He's been a category one ref since 2005 (?) and is head of the referees association in Scotland (or something like that)

Sorry, i meant sissoko, he pushed leigh with both hands right in front of the ref.

He even blew time when we were attacking down the left wing.

There was something in one of the papers recently saying it was a red card if push was to face & yellow if to the body...and straight red card if punch or kick anywhere. It was after one of our games where we were complaining about someone not getting sent off and whichever reporter it was said the ref got it completely right. Don't know about this incident because I wasn't there and haven't seen highlights!

You're seeing the game being stopped when teams are on the attack or when teams are about to take corners a few times recently.

DaveF
28-02-2013, 07:28 AM
There was something in one of the papers recently saying it was a red card if push was to face & yellow if to the body...and straight red card if punch or kick anywhere. It was after one of our games where we were complaining about someone not getting sent off and whichever reporter it was said the ref got it completely right. Don't know about this incident because I wasn't there and haven't seen highlights!

Well this ref didn't follow those rules as Sissoko clearly pushed Griffiths (in the chest) with both hands and wasn't booked.

I really hate this boot the ball out hidden rule. The Kilmarnock players were guilty of 'profesionalism' or lying about when not injured (:greengrin) so why shouldn't the opposition carry on when play restarts. Players know when someone is injured or faking it. The whole thing (across all clubs) is a sham and to see players act all offended as if some gross act has been committed by playing on is the biggest joke.

clerriehibs
28-02-2013, 08:02 AM

No such rule. IF that's what he gave, mcpake should have bloody well contested it!

BTW, their player wasn't injured, he'd just taken a sore one. No reason to stop play, and the ref didn't - about the only thing he got right. The killie players wanted us to put the ball out - we didn't. They won the ball back and were actually breaking upfield! Their guy only put it out when he had nowhere to go.

It's about time this was reiterated! It's the REF's job to stop play, and he can and will if he needs to do so. That's in the rules. Players choosing to do so is a cheats' charter, just like the arabs did with jim lauchline? years ago. Matty do

JimBHibees
28-02-2013, 08:52 AM

A guy called John Beaton, only just in his 30s dont really know much about him.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2013, 07:53 PM

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football_referees.cfm?page=2064&start=11

Hibee Ryan
28-02-2013, 08:01 PM
The linesmen for me were horrendously bad especially the one in front of the East stand.

Offered the referee no support with 50/50 balls leading to wrong decisions, didn't make any decisions and waited on referee making them, got at least one offside wrong and whenever faced with a player questioning a decision instead of explaining it just ran away along the line. Wrong decisions from a ref, fair enough but when there is a clear lack of support from his ASSISTANTS there is no excuse other than poor officials

GoldenEagle
28-02-2013, 08:31 PM

Boxing Day game v Ross County???

hibs4thecup1988
28-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Boxing Day game v Ross County???

Oh god...that game was the worst game I have ever been at...the ref could have fell asleep...