PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Official match thread - Hibernian 2 v 2 Kilmarnock FT

Pages : 1 [2]

heretoday
27-02-2013, 08:58 PM
We will definitely beat Hearts. I am seldom wrong. They are on a downward spiral.

We must overcome Killie first, however.

cleanyman
27-02-2013, 08:59 PM
I'd be happy with top 6, only 4 games to go and we're in the mix. It's much better than last season. Still lots to play for.

worcesterhibby
27-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Did a good job of keeping the ball and showing we are capable of maintaining possession in the first half, much like we did at Tannadice. Losing the goal at the start of the 2nd knocked us back on our heels a bit. But we gradually came back into it again and the equaliser was coming. Very poor to immediatley concede, but then had the bottle to get up the other and and spank another equaliser and came close to winning it right at the Death.

Finished article ? of course not....definite signs of improvement ? without a doubt. Felt we missed Hanlon at the back a bit, I suspect we would have sneaked it if he had played.

Done disappointing tonight..he needs to start taking players on. Robertson Improving every match. Claros was excellent. Nice to see Doyler making a real contribution when he came on. Upwards and onwards GGTTH:agree:

Off the bar
27-02-2013, 09:04 PM
8,121 according to the beeb

cheers SMAXXA :thumbsup:

The Tubs
27-02-2013, 09:06 PM
I like the look of Harris, especially his wee touch that almost set up the goal. He looked like composed young man, being able to use the ball well with the stress that comes down from the stands on occasions like tonight.

SaulGoodman
27-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Anyone read jkb? They're more confident about us beating them than we are :faf:

'Pleasing'

Russell The Dug
27-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Bring on Sunday. Lose season is over. We won't though mon the cabbage.

SaulGoodman
27-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Bring on Sunday. Lose season is over. We won't though mon the cabbage.

Why is the season over if we get beat on Sunday? We're only 3 points off joint third.

Heisenberg
27-02-2013, 09:13 PM
We were really bad till the last 10 minutes but we got something from it I suppose. The midfield did the same as at Utd and pressed the ball in the first half but at the start of the second they decided to give up on that and let Gros first go down the line unchallenged then allowed Clingan a free shot at goal. Terrible defending for their second too but we rescued it which shows good character.

As for the club being a shambles if we don't finish second, are some people for real?

27-02-2013, 09:13 PM
the usual hibee rollercoaster!

really need to go one better on saturday though! a hampden would be great!

rcarter1
27-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Anyone read jkb? They're more confident about us beating them than we are :faf:

'Pleasing'

Perhaps their delusional disorder is beginning to clear up.

Mind you Im not exactly confident that we will win. Somehow we are going to need to put in a 90 minute performance. Go for the jugular from the start, Hearts dont have the nouse at the moment to play clever rope a dope football, so don't give them confidence by being too defensive is my suggestion.

With ICT at home and Motherwell and Celtic away, surely three points is a must for the Top 6.

If we have a Semi Final to look forward too as well, would most pleasing...

adhibs
27-02-2013, 09:26 PM
must wins against hearts and ict if we want top 6 now. Copnsidering our recent form wining 2 out of 4 seems a big ask

Scottie
27-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Could only listen to the game on open all mics which was shockingly poor as ever

1 point gained instead of 2 lost unlike Sundays game at D/U. Think the 2 points lost on Sunday unfortunatley will be massive towards our finishing position ie Europe or bottom 6.

Last year though we WOULD have lost this type of game so its pleasing to see some fight in our troops to get a point:aok:

AlbertK86
27-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Did a good job of keeping the ball and showing we are capable of maintaining possession in the first half, much like we did at Tannadice. Losing the goal at the start of the 2nd knocked us back on our heels a bit. But we gradually came back into it again and the equaliser was coming. Very poor to immediatley concede, but then had the bottle to get up the other and and spank another equaliser and came close to winning it right at the Death.

Finished article ? of course not....definite signs of improvement ? without a doubt. Felt we missed Hanlon at the back a bit, I suspect we would have sneaked it if he had played.

Done disappointing tonight..he needs to start taking players on. Robertson Improving every match. Claros was excellent. Nice to see Doyler making a real contribution when he came on. Upwards and onwards GGTTH:agree:

Agree regarding Done but feel he is so one footed.

Would love to see him get a run I left and Cairney on the right as I think his pace could take him to the bye line and get a cross in. Feel he is restricted as he has no confidence in his right foot

Good draw considering we went behind twice but thought we totally controlled first half but totally lacked ideas to get back in to it. They didn't seem to get fired up until Leigh got in the stramash when he never gave them the ball back

Cannae believe some idiots booing us off at half time .... Mind where we were last season and we had played ok although not brilliant

Booing helps nobody

TheEastTerrace
27-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Thought Hibs were decent first half, criminal not to close the space down for the Killie first goal and they were all still in celebration mode instead of concentrating for their second. Still credit to the lads for coming back twice.

What I would say is that keeping LG is critical.

Other than that, disappointing to hear a few numpties in the East get on the players' backs because we weren't lumping it forward. Imagine trying to play football on the deck FFS?!

HibernianJK
27-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Mixed thoughts on tonights performance. First half we knocked it about well enough without creating any clear cut opening. First 25 of second half we were woeful. Then bang, last 20 we were fighting, winning second balls and creating chances. Might be dissappointed with a draw. Though McPake and McGivern were solid enough. Claros good first half and fought second. Griffiths lively. Stevenson poor game although the number 9 he was playing against had a very good game

BSEJVT
27-02-2013, 10:05 PM
That's the second time I have been this season after only going a few times last year as well.

My first game was against Ross County on Boxing Day when I thought we were really poor.

I thought we were much improved tonight on anything I have seen for 2 or 3 years, by no means anything like the finished article but better than we have been.

Like an earlier poster I was surprised and disappointed by how audibly critical the east stand was off the team and didn't hear much from section 43?

We started well enough and the defence and central midfield are solid enough.

I thought all our wide players tonight were very average, Cairney doesn't do it for me, Done must be mortified about how bad he is being made to look, playing on wrong side.

Wotherspoon started awfully but then sent in a few decent crosses.

My only criticism if Harris would be that he should have shot a couple of times, but can excuse him ivo his youth and inexperience.

Whatever we are paying Griffiths isn't enough, he is very much a one man attack and does well to fight his corner against 2 or 3 guys bigger than him.

Not saying I would go back to going every week again just yet, but after vowing never to return after Ross County I am certainly more likely to go again than before.

vanNISHtelroy
27-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Mixed thoughts on tonights performance. First half we knocked it about well enough without creating any clear cut opening. First 25 of second half we were woeful. Then bang, last 20 we were fighting, winning second balls and creating chances. Might be dissappointed with a draw. Though McPake and McGivern were solid enough. Claros good first half and fought second. Griffiths lively. Stevenson poor game although the number 9 he was playing against had a very good game

Gros had been nowhere near the first team and had been rubbish when he made brief sub appearances. Then returned and has been really good, him playing out wide is stretching the game and allowing Dayton more space etc.

MrRobot
27-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Really good first half but deflated after the goal.

Few points from tonight:
Done needs to play on the left
Cairney needs to play in the middle
Taiwo needs to play the ball forward
Spoony is simply not good enough unfortunately
Harris looked good
Maybury was shaky but improved from Saints game(couldn't be hard mind you)
Griffiths as good as always
Claris was outstanding first half. Simply different class. Passing is incredible.

LancashireHibby
27-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Great finish to the game, not the best performance but they scored two crackers. Back on the booze in the Standing Order now.

TrinityHibs
27-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Thought Hibs were decent first half, criminal not to close the space down for the Killie first goal and they were all still in celebration mode instead of concentrating for their second. Still credit to the lads for coming back twice.

What I would say is that keeping LG is critical.

Other than that, disappointing to hear a few numpties in the East get on the players' backs because we weren't lumping it forward. Imagine trying to play football on the deck FFS?!

Cant argue with any of that. But would add why dont we close teams down generally. In the second half Kilie pushed up and caused us to panic. We sat back and let them pick passes. If PF can get it sorted I would be confident in the cup however I am starting to have concerns that we are set up not to lose and if somebody scores we struggle. We should have won tonight as every time we pressed they looked suspect

HibernianJK
27-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Gros had been nowhere near the first team and had been rubbish when he made brief sub appearances. Then returned and has been really good, him playing out wide is stretching the game and allowing Dayton more space etc.

I had no idea who he was neither did any of my friends. Did well though.

Saorsa
28-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Have we had Shiels's 'honest' appraisal of the game yet? Wonder if he'll mention all the time wasting that went on or does he only mention it if he thinks the other team were doing it.

hibsbollah
28-02-2013, 08:38 AM

I was very impressed with your #28, Jude Winchester according to your website. Looks a very skilful player. Him and Dayton were the best players on the pitch.