PDA

View Full Version : Riordan and O'Connor

KeithTheHibby
26-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Are this pair even playing these days? Never heard anything for a few weeks.

Hibee Ryan
26-02-2013, 06:54 PM

Nope, neither at a club!

Riordan last played for Bristol Rovers and Garry O'Connor last for Tom Tomsk (sp?) Shame really considering how good these guys were and how far they could of went, as imo they were better players than Fletcher when they were all at Hibs

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Nope, neither at a club!

Riordan last played for Bristol Rovers and Garry O'Connor last for Tom Tomsk (sp?) Shame really considering how good these guys were and how far they could of went, as imo they were better players than Fletcher when they were all at Hibs

Riordan had more natural ability than both have, but imo Fletcher has the desire ability and quality to play at a much higher standard than either Riordan and O'Connor ever could.

dp00
26-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm surprised there both not at a club like dundee

Russell The Dug
26-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Teams will have used there budgets up like us. Both will find clubs in the summer. Easily.

bingo70
26-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Riordan had more natural ability than both have, but imo Fletcher has the desire ability and quality to play at a much higher standard than either Riordan and O'Connor ever could.

Riordan never had the physique or the pace to make it at a higher level imo

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2013, 07:09 PM

:agree: A terrific SPL player in his day, but his career stalled when he went to porkhead, and while he won trophies there it never fully recovered when he returned. Still one of my favorite players in recent years, O'Connor not so much.

spike220
26-02-2013, 07:15 PM

I wonder if they could still do job for us???

DanHFC1875
26-02-2013, 07:16 PM
The Hibs days for both are defo finished. I loved every one of Riordan and Gaz's goals. I just wish they had given more respect to the club by the way that they conducted themselves. I'm no angel, not by a long shot, paid for my mistakes. Still am, lol, made a right effin C of a few good opportunities myself. Best of luck to them finding new clubs and kicking on. ;)

Aldo
26-02-2013, 07:17 PM

Or the attitude.

HibeesLA
26-02-2013, 07:19 PM
I wonder if they could still do job for us???

:fishin: :greengrin

bingo70
26-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Or the attitude.

Never knew the guy and don't know if he was a good trainer or not but there's been plenty huffy players with bad attitudes that have made it, he just wasn't good enough for the step up imo.

Disagree with the poster earlier as well, I think fletch was a better player and always destined to make it to a higher level than those two.

Northernhibee
26-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Teams will have used there budgets up like us. Both will find clubs in the summer. Easily.

Riordan flopped in league two and failed to score a single goal before being released in the winter, and O'Connor has some serious off field issues.

I'd honestly not be that surprised if neither played full time football again.

Aldo
26-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Never knew the guy and don't know if he was a good trainer or not but there's been plenty huffy players with bad attitudes that have made it, he just wasn't good enough for the step up imo.

Disagree with the poster earlier as well, I think fletch was a better player and always destined to make it to a higher level than those two.

I think if Riordan had a work rate like Leigh them he would of made some sort if step up. Agree re Fletcher tho. The laddie has ability in abundance and showed from a very early age. Still has a wee problem with his right peg.... And his use of it.... But for me the transfer fees he has went for are justified.

Re Gazza.... Played well got a move to Ruskie land and that's where it went wrong.... Too much money too soon then the temptation if drugs etc.

Shame cos I liked Gazza but let himself and his family down badly

Aldoo
26-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Riordan flopped in league two and failed to score a single goal before being released in the winter, and O'Connor has some serious off field issues.

I'd honestly not be that surprised if neither played full time football again.

The fact that before the age of 30 such posts as above and stated previously exist is a total disgrace and highlights issues in professionalism that exists throughout this country. Perhaps a better grounding and education at youth level of what is good and bad for you and your body is needed.

Aldo
26-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Btw whose nicked ma user name. Aldo is a registered .net trademark!!!

Aldoo surely that canne be allowed. Stewards enquiry please. Sorry don't mean to hijack but just noticed it and wondered what I had written and it was Aldoo!!! WTF

HiBremian
26-02-2013, 07:43 PM
The fact that before the age of 30 such posts as above and stated previously exist is a total disgrace and highlights issues in professionalism that exists throughout this country. Perhaps a better grounding and education at youth level of what is good and bad for you and your body is needed.

Sadly, when it comes to life skills, a fair number of pro footballers are lost. Something Fergie seems to be able to sort out quite well, though. And quite possibly one of Nutsy's strengths as well.

bingo70
26-02-2013, 07:45 PM

Aldoo surely that canne be allowed. Stewards enquiry please. So don't mean to hijack but just noticed it and wondered what I had written

While on that subject the two falkirkhibees is nippy as well, one sometimes talks a lot of sense and the other well doesnae and when on my phone its hard to tell who's who!

lucky
26-02-2013, 07:54 PM
While on that subject the two falkirkhibees is nippy as well, one sometimes talks a lot of sense and the other well doesnae and when on my phone its hard to tell who's who!

Agree 100%. Should not be allowed

Aldoo
26-02-2013, 07:55 PM

Aldoo surely that canne be allowed. Stewards enquiry please. Sorry don't mean to hijack but just noticed it and wondered what I had written and it was Aldoo!!! WTF

Don't worry, I'm a rare poster and you can set me apart from your good self coz when I do post it's gonna be about something negative especially when it comes to things like professionalism or lack of.

Imagine O'Connor and Riordan with a Chris Hoy or an Andy Murray work ethic and drive to improve, with their talent the sky should have been the limit.

Aldo
26-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Don't worry, I'm a rare poster and you can set me apart from your good self coz when I do post it's gonna be about something negative especially when it comes to things like professionalism or lack of.

Imagine O'Connor and Riordan with a Chris Hoy or an Andy Murray work ethic and drive to improve, with their talent the sky should have been the limit.

Will take that as a complement mate. Wee bit o banter on this cold Tuesday evening.

spike220
26-02-2013, 08:07 PM
:fishin: :greengrin

Almost turned it into a 30 page thriller!!:greengrin

SMAXXA
26-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Both to Dunbarton till the end of the season

Aldo
26-02-2013, 08:18 PM

This Gen matey. If so good signings for the Sons

Falkirk Hibby
26-02-2013, 08:28 PM

Don't forget the third one. No idea if I talk sense or not, but I do know I was here first. :greengrin

SMAXXA
26-02-2013, 08:32 PM
This Gen matey. If so good signings for the Sons

Na just a thought that would be good for both partys IMO, sorry to confuse matters mate,

The_Exile
26-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Both of these guys were too comfortable at Hibs/Edinburgh, and thats basically what finished them before they even got started, loved the pair of them, fantastic memories.

murraymckirdy
27-02-2013, 08:42 AM

I'd honestly not be that surprised if neither played full time football again. :top marks
:agree:

100% agree with you mate

happiehibbie
27-02-2013, 08:55 AM
two very talented guys but both have diffrent demons

Riorden had the chance to be the SPL to scorer but due to outside influance he lost his way

Garry again all the chances but due to a drug problem and outside influances has lost his way

I hope both guys can get sorted out not a bad strike force to have IMO

patlowe
27-02-2013, 12:34 PM
two very talented guys but both have diffrent demons

Riorden had the chance to be the SPL to scorer but due to outside influance he lost his way

Garry again all the chances but due to a drug problem and outside influances has lost his way

I hope both guys can get sorted out not a bad strike force to have IMO

If they could have somehow stayed under the wing of Mowbray for a bit longer then who knows what might have happened. It's 'Ifs' and 'Buts' though like it is for so many young Scottish footballers that don't make the most of their opportunities.

They're an interesting pair; One never really had the physical prowess and desire to make the most of his undoubted technical attributes, the other never really had the technical ability and desire to make the most of his undoubted physical attributes.

reidy
27-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Was thinking this myself if Murray could persuade them to join plus would allow them to keep their fitness up for the summer.

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2013, 03:12 PM

Really! I don't think O'Connor has the profile or the attitude that IM would want to introduce to his squad.

Not sure about Deeks though.

The Modfather
27-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Really! I don't think O'Connor has the profile or the attitude that IM would want to introduce to his squad.

Not sure about Deeks though.

Is Riordan's attitude and profesionalisim (sporting context, not personal life) really any different? Just this season he wasn't even fit enough for a trial. Although in his defence he never missed the ones at court :greengrin