PDA

View Full Version : Driving to Killie

Irish_Steve
25-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Gonna drive thru with the kids on Sun but as I`ve never driven to Rugby Park, what`s the best way to get there?

lord bunberry
25-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Gonna drive thru with the kids on Sun but as I`ve never driven to Rugby Park, what`s the best way to get there?

Along the m8 and down the m74 is the easiest way to go

Hiber-nation
25-02-2013, 09:06 PM

M8 then M74 then M77 and A77 then follow the signs for football traffic. I think its just off McClelland Drive I usually park.

fat freddy
25-02-2013, 09:17 PM
as the crow flies the most direct route is A71 all the way from edinburgh to killie...a slow road though.

the fastest route is M8 to glasgow and turn onto the M77 after the kingston bridge.

i cant see the point of going onto the M74 unless its to access the A71 south of glasgow...a bit pointless when you've got motorway all the way on the M8 AND M77.

BroxburnHibee
25-02-2013, 09:25 PM
as the crow flies the most direct route is A71 all the way from edinburgh to killie...a slow road though.

the fastest route is M8 to glasgow and turn onto the M77 after the kingston bridge.

i cant see the point of going onto the M74 unless its to access the A71 south of glasgow...a bit pointless when you've got motorway all the way on the M8 AND M77.

Turn off the M8 onto M73 then take the new M74 extension through the south side of Glasgow on to the M77.

Definitely the quickest route - I travel the route regularly and its great now (used to go through East Kilbride and take the Eaglesham Moor road as even that was quicker than the M8.

fat freddy
25-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Turn off the M8 onto M73 then take the new M74 extension through the south side of Glasgow on to the M77.

Definitely the quickest route - I travel the route regularly and its great now (used to go through East Kilbride and take the Eaglesham Moor road as even that was quicker than the M8.

i stand corrected...i travel through to ayrshire quite a lot with my work and i usually stick to the route i provided...'i'll try your route on sunday as im also driving through to the match...it better be quicker:aok:

BroxburnHibee
25-02-2013, 09:31 PM
i stand corrected...i travel through to ayrshire quite a lot with my work and i usually stick to the route i provided...'i'll try your route on sunday as im also driving through to the match...it better be quicker:aok:

Or what? :greengrin

hibsbollah
26-02-2013, 05:22 AM
The A71 is a great road, I really enjoy driving on it when im not in a rush. Ive been caught behind the occasional tractor though :greengrin Plus it takes you right into the posh bit of Kilmarnock near rugby park where its easy to get parked near the ground.

IWasThere2016
26-02-2013, 05:37 AM
Or what? :greengrin

He'll sit on ye! :greengrin

Killiehibbie
26-02-2013, 08:03 AM

On a Sunday with much lighter traffic I don't think there will be much difference in journey times.

BroxburnHibee
26-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Probably right - I just don't take the chance