PDA

View Full Version : NHC Gareth Bale (merged)

3pm
25-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Ridiculous.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2013, 09:49 PM
:top marks

The Voice Of Reason
25-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Ridiculous.

Awesome - world class.

eastterrace
25-02-2013, 09:50 PM
the guys total class, fantastic goals:not worth

Stewboy
25-02-2013, 09:50 PM
What a finish, but same as the 1st goal why let him on his left peg????

TheFamous1875
25-02-2013, 09:52 PM
If he ever leaves Spurs I hope it is for abroad. I think he's world class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jack Hackett
25-02-2013, 09:52 PM

Looks like I missed something :hmmm:

eastterrace
25-02-2013, 09:53 PM
good players make that extra bit space he is unplayable at times:not worth

hfc rd
25-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Best British player at the moment. An incredible player.

Jonnyboy
25-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Ridiculous.

Awesome - world class.

the guys total class, fantastic goals:not worth

All of the above but still an ugly ferker :greengrin

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scots-will-fear-my-pal-gareth-bale-1370369

Frazerbob
25-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Cheat

TheFamous1875
25-02-2013, 09:57 PM
He looks like a mix between Nick Cave and the bad laddie fae Toy Story 1 "Sid" haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HibbyAndy
Wasted every single free kick he got tonight.

Jonnyboy
Looks like I missed something :hmmm:

So did Blackpool - there's aleady a GB thread :greengrin

Winston Ingram
25-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Come on you Spurs!!!!

What a player he is. Even better watching how sick the Wet Spam fans were:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Cheating Welsh twat! :-)

Pedantic_Hibee
25-02-2013, 10:06 PM
The only white guy to complain to UEFA about being on the receiving end of monkey chants.

The_Todd
25-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Awesome - world class.

I'd go much further than that. Hibs class.

NOLA
25-02-2013, 10:16 PM
The only white guy to complain to UEFA about being on the receiving end of monkey chants.

:thumbsup:

Edinburgh Green
25-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Won me my coupon, good lad!

TrinityHibs
25-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Quality goal from a quality player

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Won me my coupon, good lad!

Kept mine alive, need Celtic to win now on Wednesday. :pray:

eastterrace
25-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Cheating Welsh twat! :-)

what he got a penalty against scotland , he aint a cheat hes a fantastic talent:not worth

lapsedhibee
25-02-2013, 10:28 PM
what he got a penalty against scotland , he aint a cheat hes a fantastic talent:not worth

Is a great player but also a serial diver.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Shows his support for Hearts everytime he scores too!

eastterrace
25-02-2013, 10:31 PM

so he never gets fouled he dives all the time , just as well you aint the ref he would get nothing

The_Todd
25-02-2013, 10:32 PM

I think recently he's cut that right out of his game, even then I don't think it was ever that bad. Some were comical, but I genuinly some of the times he goes down is simply the result of irresistable force meeting unmoveable object at the pace he moves at.

eastterrace
25-02-2013, 10:33 PM
I think recently he's cut that right out of his game, even then I don't think it was ever that bad. Some were comical, but I genuinly some of the times he goes down is simply the result of irresistable force meeting unmoveable object at the pace he moves at.

Sergey
25-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Kept mine alive, need Celtic to win now on Wednesday. :pray:

East Thurrock at home to Wealdstone is worth a wee look (for small stakes) :wink:

weecounty hibby
25-02-2013, 10:38 PM

He's a diver! All that rubbish about how it's hard to stay on your feet when running fast and are then brushed by a defender is bollocks. Rugby players spend 80 mins trying to stay on their feet while running fast and being absolutely clattered!!!
It's not that difficult if you really want to stay on your feet. But modern players, not just Bale, look for the easy option and the free kick/penalty most of the time

HTD1875
25-02-2013, 10:42 PM
:top marksBest British player by a mile, unbelievable talent.

The_Todd
25-02-2013, 10:43 PM
He's a diver! All that rubbish about how it's hard to stay on your feet when running fast and are then brushed by a defender is bollocks. Rugby players spend 80 mins trying to stay on their feet while running fast and being absolutely clattered!!!
It's not that difficult if you really want to stay on your feet. But modern players, not just Bale, look for the easy option and the free kick/penalty most of the time

Rugby isn't comparable, the art of tackling is a different ball game altogether in that sport. In football you tackle with your feet, and a clipping of heels or whatnot is inevitable at some point. Try running on a treadmill at full pelt and see what happens is someone stands behind you and clips your feet. You'll go down.

Anyway, I do admit he's gone down easy in the past but like I said, I think he's cut it out. The scrutinty he was coming under meant he had to, really.

lapsedhibee
25-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Try running on a treadmill at full pelt and see what happens is someone stands behind you and clips your feet. You'll go down.

True.

But on the other hand if someone stands behind you and doesn't clip your feet, you won't go down.

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Yeah but could he do it on a cold Wednesday night in dingwall?

Sweet Left Peg
25-02-2013, 11:10 PM

This.

Alex Trager
26-02-2013, 07:50 AM
True.

But on the other hand if someone stands behind you and doesn't clip your feet, you won't go down.

hahA! this is by far a immense response

NOLA
26-02-2013, 09:09 AM
True.

good one :thumbsup:

The_Exile
26-02-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm a Spurs fan so I'm a bit biased towards my view of him, but what I will say is if we do not get into the Champions League this year he should leave, there's no point him playing in the Europa League, utter waste of his time.

He needs to be playing in the big games, the properly big games, and Spurs need to spend a bit of cash in the summer to strengthen the spine of that team, defence should be the priority. For what it's worth, Sigurdsson was man of the match for me last night, an immense player.

JimBHibees
26-02-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm a Spurs fan so I'm a bit biased towards my view of him, but what I will say is if we do not get into the Champions League this year he should leave, there's no point him playing in the Europa League, utter waste of his time.

He needs to be playing in the big games, the properly big games, and Spurs need to spend a bit of cash in the summer to strengthen the spine of that team, defence should be the priority. For what it's worth, Sigurdsson was man of the match for me last night, an immense player.

Sounds like a strange attitude for a Spurs fan. He is their best player where would they be without him.

Hainan Hibs
26-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Hopefully Scott Brown is back in time for Scotland vs Wales and puts in a rather hefty challenge early on to nullify the threat.

AberdreamHibee
26-02-2013, 10:59 AM

This.

It really isn't hard, like this comment says, rugby players get shoulders and hands all over them whilst running faster than your average footballer (since they aren't focusing on something on the ground)...they need literally wrestled to the ground before they go down or completely taken out from under them, not any of this utter ***** about a tiny shove knocking them off balance or a tiny clip resulting in a sniper shot to the back.

Players like Bale are a joke with this and ruining the game.

Great player but a total fud.

26-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Fantastic player :top marks

Time For Heroes
26-02-2013, 03:05 PM
André Villas-Boas has come out and said that "Bale has made a very long journey to get where he is today!"

Shame he didn't make it through evolution though. :D

NOLA
26-02-2013, 03:59 PM
i can only see 2 clubs with the money to buy monkey boy, Real Madrid and Man ure, i dont see him joining chelsea from spurs :take that

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2013, 04:04 PM
i can only see 2 clubs with the money to buy monkey boy, Real Madrid and Man ure, i dont see him joining chelsea from spurs :take that

I don't think the guy in my avatar is good enough to play for those clubs?

hibsmad
26-02-2013, 04:21 PM

The talk was that Man Utd could potentially bring Ronaldo back for 55M.

In my opinion, if they are willing to pay this kind of money then they should forget Ronaldo and go for Bale. Yes Ronaldo is a better just now but they are both exceptional, and considering Ronaldo is 28 and Bale is 23, I think that Bale would be the better signing.

Broken Gnome
26-02-2013, 04:25 PM
There is zero comparison between rugby and football when it comes to contact, come on...

Football allows an advantage from going down easily, rightly or not. What's the equivalent in rugby? There isn't one, it's the complete opposite. You wouldn't have a career in the game if you feigned infringements.

lapsedhibee
27-02-2013, 08:49 AM
There is zero comparison between rugby and football when it comes to contact, come on...

Football allows an advantage from going down easily, rightly or not. What's the equivalent in rugby? There isn't one, it's the complete opposite. You wouldn't have a career in the game if you feigned infringements.

You don't even have to compare fitba against rugby to conclude that Bale's at it. You just have to look at old fitba footage - watching George Best, for example, you can clearly see that the fashion then was for attackers not to cheat, whereas the fashion now is for attackers to cheat. Modern pundits, too, with their fondness for euphemisms - "going to ground", "being clever", "drawing the foul" - are doing tremendous damage. Just call it diving, out loud, and dish out long retrospective bans, and it'd all stop within a few weeks.

Sweet Left Peg
27-02-2013, 01:14 PM
You don't even have to compare fitba against rugby to conclude that Bale's at it. You just have to look at old fitba footage - watching George Best, for example, you can clearly see that the fashion then was for attackers not to cheat, whereas the fashion now is for attackers to cheat. Modern pundits, too, with their fondness for euphemisms - "going to ground", "being clever", "drawing the foul" - are doing tremendous damage. Just call it diving, out loud, and dish out long retrospective bans, and it'd all stop within a few weeks.

Just summed up what I have been saying for years.

Jonnyboy
27-02-2013, 05:15 PM

:agree: or even some present day footage where you can see Messi getting tripped, fouled and generally set upon but always trying to stay on his feet and beat his opponent using skill rather than brute force

heretoday
27-02-2013, 05:21 PM
My Spurs pal assures me that Bale will stay if Totts make the top four.

It would be fascinating to see him playing for Real or Inter or whatever but I fear his galloping progress might be stifled.

Sweet Left Peg
27-02-2013, 05:57 PM
:agree: or even some present day footage where you can see Messi getting tripped, fouled and generally set upon but always trying to stay on his feet and beat his opponent using skill rather than brute force

I see a similar mindset between Ronaldo and Bale when it comes to staying on their feet. They will not always look to down nor will they always look to stay up and beat the opponent with skill. But that element is quite obviously there. Which is why when it comes to the question of who is the best player in the world, Messi gets my vote every time.

Winston Ingram
27-02-2013, 06:11 PM

I'm absolutely certain he'll stay. He loves it at Spurs. Even if they don't make it it's by no means certain he'll go either

The_Todd
27-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Even if he does leave I don't envy the chairman who has to negotiate with Daniel Levy, Spurs very own Rod Petrie.

heretoday
27-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Even if he does leave I don't envy the chairman who has to negotiate with Daniel Levy, Spurs very own Rod Petrie.

Ha Ha ! There are similarities indeed. Success in the occasional cup and then underachievement in the league.

It's strange. Spurs have one big dozy overpaid striker and one wee injured striker. They rely on players coming from behind to get the goals.

When they are on song they are sublime to watch and with some investment they could be challenging the Barcas and Reals.

VickMackie
27-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Ha Ha ! There are similarities indeed. Success in the occasional cup and then underachievement in the league.

It's strange. Spurs have one big dozy overpaid striker and one wee injured striker. They rely on players coming from behind to get the goals.

When they are on song they are sublime to watch and with some investment they could be challenging the Barcas and Reals.

It surprises me every transfer window that they never try and buy a world class striker.

Holmesdale Hibs
27-02-2013, 08:48 PM
A great player and a blatant cheat. Imagine how good he'll be when he evolves

Phil MaGlass
28-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Cheating ba5turd, doesnae need tae cheat when he is that good, anyway, f--k him.Hope his next 5hits a hedgehog.

The_Exile
28-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Sounds like a strange attitude for a Spurs fan. He is their best player where would they be without him.

I'm a realist! Not a foaming at the mouth, hatred filled headcase who thinks every player should sign a 10 year contract in their own blood :greengrin

As good as Bale is, Spurs are not a one man team, they have top quality throughout the team but have some very obvious weaknesses, which is why they will never challange for the top 2 places with the current setup or investment level.

The_Todd
28-02-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm a realist! Not a foaming at the mouth, hatred filled headcase who thinks every player should sign a 10 year contract in their own blood :greengrin

As good as Bale is, Spurs are not a one man team, they have top quality throughout the team but have some very obvious weaknesses, which is why they will never challange for the top 2 places with the current setup or investment level.

Sadly WHL has a lot to do with that. One of the best grounds (in terms of atmosphere) I've been to, but it's holding Spurs back big time. The new stadium should see to that, but it will be sad to see the old one go.