PDA

View Full Version : Next 6 games - make or break the season - togetherness needed!

GreenCastle
25-02-2013, 01:34 PM
With the league being so tight the next 6 games are massive. We have to get into the top 6 this season to help with income and maintain fans interests this season and for next seasons renewals.

Add to that the hope that the yams fail to make the top 6 = meaning loss of income and meaningless games as Dundee are all but relegated.

The Scottish Cup quarter final is going to be tough but a win and going back to Hampden would mean more income and give the fans something else to look forward to.

I think we will need at least 9 points (3 home wins?) from 15 available to make it into the top 6 after picking up 1 point yesterday. I wouldn't want to be going to Celtic Park on April 6th when Celtic have the chance to wrap up the title that day if they win every game from now will then.

Kilmarnock (H) - League

Kilmarnock (A) - Cup QF

Cake Bake Utd (H) - League

Motherwell (A) - League

Inverness (H) -League

Celtic (A) - League

Going to be tough - as a support we need to get out and support them as much as possible as they will need it :agree:

JimBHibees
25-02-2013, 01:51 PM
With the league being so tight the next 6 games are massive. We have to get into the top 6 this season to help with income and maintain fans interests this season and for next seasons renewals.

Add to that the hope that the yams fail to make the top 6 = meaning loss of income and meaningless games as Dundee are all but relegated.

The league cup quarter final is going to be tough but a win and going back to Hampden would mean more income and give the fans something else to look forward to.

I think we will need at least 9 points (3 home wins?) from 15 available to make it into the top 6 after picking up 1 point yesterday. I wouldn't want to be going to Celtic Park on April 6th when Celtic have the chance to wrap up the title that day if they win every game from now will then.

Kilmarnock (H) - League

Kilmarnock (A) - Cup QF

Motherwell (A) - League

Inverness (H) -League

Celtic (A) - League

Going to be tough - as a support we need to get out and support them as much as possible as they will need it :agree:

What they games highlight is just how massive that penalty decision was yesterday in robbing us of 2 precious points? Tough run but they are games in which we can pick up a number of points IMO.

Off the bar
25-02-2013, 02:45 PM
celtic away last game before the split might no be so bad, they will have the league wrapped up by then, and their fans are already drifting away, so a half empty darkheid against a side who are already champions, plus we've not lost to them this campaign, I'd fancy us going there needing points.

livi hibs 1875
25-02-2013, 02:49 PM
celtic away last game before the split might no be so bad, they will have the league wrapped up by then, and their fans are already drifting away, so a half empty darkheid against a side who are already champions, plus we've not lost to them this campaign, I'd fancy us going there needing points.

Lets hope the job is already done before we go near that bitter place

Off the bar
25-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Lets hope the job is already done before we go near that bitter place

that would obviously be preferable! But in a funny way I'd rather go there against a disinterested tic than away at Inverness for a winner takes all encounter

livi hibs 1875
25-02-2013, 03:12 PM
that would obviously be preferable! But in a funny way I'd rather go there against a disinterested tic than away at Inverness for a winner takes all encounter

Were the mighty hibees and we only know one way . And as everone knows its the frigging hard way lol:na na:

Up The Bracket
25-02-2013, 03:15 PM
WD(Win Replay)WWWL

Good record v Killie at Home, think we'll draw on Sunday and win the replay. Hearts are completely awful and if we can't beat them we may aswell give up, good record at Fir Park and ICT are in poor form so I think we could edge that but I can't see us winning at Darkheid.

livi hibs 1875
25-02-2013, 03:23 PM
WD(Win Replay)WWWL

Good record v Killie at Home, think we'll draw on Sunday and win the replay. Hearts are completely awful and if we can't beat them we may aswell give up, good record at Fir Park and ICT are in poor form so I think we could edge that but I can't see us winning at Darkheid.

Your mental that not the hibs everyone squeaky bum time way of doing things lol

lyonhibs
25-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Never mind looking at the next 6 games, every single game should be viewed as the most important of the season from here on out. The league is tighter than a nun's chuff.

plhibs
25-02-2013, 04:03 PM
I'd feel a lot more confident if we had a half decent goal scorer to help LG. McPake and Deegan popped one lately but it's been few and far between.

SneakersO'Toole
25-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Win our home games and we'll make top 6.

Once that is confirmed, it is game on for 2nd/European places.

markom127
25-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Recon we'll get 10 points and a SC Semi to look forward to :thumbsup:

SouthamptonHibs
25-02-2013, 05:39 PM
If we play like we did yesterday we'll win our next four league games (not confident beating Celtic there scoring for fun at home) and beat Killie in the cup, much better performance yesterday

GreenCastle
26-02-2013, 01:07 PM
The home games are crucial but I also think this week is pivotal in our season. We haven't managed 2 back to back wins since early November.

Would be a massive boost if we can going into the derby :agree:

Hibeesb0unc3
26-02-2013, 01:17 PM
think we need at least 7 points to stay in the top 6. It would have been much better if we hadn't had that penalty decision go against us

Oscar T Grouch
26-02-2013, 02:21 PM

The league cup quarter final is going to be tough but a win and going back to Hampden would mean more income and give the fans something else to look forward to.

Kilmarnock (H) - League

Kilmarnock (A) - Cup QF

Motherwell (A) - League

Inverness (H) -League

Celtic (A) - League

Can I be the pedant today :wink: Thought it was the BIG cup we're playing in?!?

Spike Mandela
26-02-2013, 02:31 PM
What they games highlight is just how massive that penalty decision was yesterday in robbing us of 2 precious points? Tough run but they are games in which we can pick up a number of points IMO.

Of course it was a wrong decision but the 1 win in previous 10 games to St Mirren match was more damaging really. Every team can point to dodgy decisions during season.

What we need now is teams around us to draw and us to win, especially home games starting Wed night.

danhibees1875
26-02-2013, 02:36 PM

Rubbish. The big cup is for big teams, like Hearts. :agree:

For some reason the SFA have decided to swap the dates around and the Scottish cup is what Hearts are in. We're in the QF of the league cup next weekend. :agree:

Surely. :confused:

GreenCastle
26-02-2013, 02:39 PM

My mistake :greengrin

Fergus52
26-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Tomorrow's even bigger now that county have won.

If we can get beat I can see us easily staying in the bottom six.

If we win however, I think it's also equally as likely that we'll push on and grab second or third.

SouthamptonHibs
26-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Another win for Ross County, heads must roll if they finish above us this year after coming up straight from div 1! Must win tomorrow

Bowtow
26-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Heads must roll ? County have taken 9 max points from us this season

SouthamptonHibs
26-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Heads must roll ? County have taken 9 max points from us this season

It's a shocker that they have taken 9pts from us this year with the team and resources they have. All ex Hibs players Sproule, Morrow, Brown and Scott.

danhibees1875
26-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Another win for Ross County, heads must roll if they finish above us this year after coming up straight from div 1! Must win tomorrow

It's looking like they're going to finish above the majority of teams. How many heads do you expect to roll? :confused:

SouthamptonHibs
26-02-2013, 09:14 PM
It's looking like they're going to finish above the majority of teams. How many heads do you expect to roll? :confused:
Not sure how many would be required if a team like County finish above us, but a marker would need to be set. It be a shocker with the players they have. Must win tomorrow for us

lyonhibs
26-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Not sure how many would be required if a team like County finish above us, but a marker would need to be set. It be a shocker with the players they have. Must win tomorrow for us

Are you on the bevvy?? What do you mean "a team like County"

You are surely not indulging in the condescending attitude that Hibs should automatically be above Ross County, Motherwell, St Johnstone and ITC for no other reason than we have a training centre and were decent in the early 70's??

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2013, 09:22 PM

You are surely not indulging in the condescending attitude that Hibs should automatically be above Ross County, Motherwell, St Johnstone and ITC for no other reason than we have a training centre and were decent in the early 70's??

:agree: Have said this many times, the "we shouldn't get beaten by the likes of them" attitude is ridiculous.

SouthamptonHibs
26-02-2013, 09:22 PM

With our resources we should be above county, they have come straight from div 1, not mentioned any other teams. County are full of ex players that were not good enough for us

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2013, 09:28 PM
With our resources we should be above county, they have come straight from div 1, not mentioned any other teams. County are full of ex players that were not good enough for us

Never performed well enough for us but another team or manager can get them performing in their team, bad players?

PatHead
26-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Think a lot of managers, not only PF, would be in the mix if a "diddy" club finished above them.

hibbysam
27-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Win tomorrow along with Inverness would have us 4 points clear in the top 5.. That's a big advantage with just 5 games to play, we can then enjoy the weekend and then all guns blazing for the last 5 league games, looking up rather than down!

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2013, 06:09 AM

I'm surprised Fenlon did not sign a magic wand during the last transfer window, he should go now. Fenlon out Harry Potter (the real one) in. :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
27-02-2013, 10:41 PM
2 points which should have been 6 I would say after tonight and the weekend - could have really done with at least 3 points (would have taken a win and even a loss = better than staying unbeaten) - draws kill you!

All focus to Sunday now - going to be tough as Killie looked well organised tonight with some quality up front.

Yams and ICT at home - 6 points would be a ideal - beating the yams would probably mean they definitely end up bottom 6 - I think it would be awful if we ended up there also behind teams like Ross County, Saints and ICT!

SteveHFC
27-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Kilmarnock (A) - Cup QF (Win)

Cake Bake Utd (H) - League (7-0 Win)

Motherwell (A) - League (Win)

Inverness (H) -League (Lose)

Celtic (A) - League (Win)