PDA

View Full Version : Average

The Sea-gull
25-02-2013, 11:29 AM
PS - this is not a positive or negative thread, hence the title.

Looking at the league table right now it tells us that we are just that so far this season; average. Slap bang mid-table, 10 games won, 10 lost, scored as many goals as we have lost.

We are not as bad as some posters suggest but we are not as good as others like to think we are either.

Progress has definitely been made though as the last two seasons we have been distinctly below average.

This season can still rise above the current state of averageness though with second in the league there for whoever can muster a run together and we are still in the cup!

M6hibee
25-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Be careful mate, go against the consensus here and your a yam

#FromTheCapital
25-02-2013, 11:42 AM
We are very inconsistent and that has been one of our problems for a long time (except the last couple of years when we have been consistently *****! :wink:)

Watching us yesterday we looked like a top 6 team and apparently we put in a decent shift against St Mirren the week before as well so hopefully we can build on this.

ronaldo7
25-02-2013, 11:45 AM

I think you'll find their's many differing opinions on here bud.

Pete
25-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Eight of us are average. Celtic are above average and hearts are below average.

Lucius Apuleius
25-02-2013, 11:48 AM

Please feel free to enlighten us as to what the consensus is.

patlowe
25-02-2013, 11:51 AM

Looking at the league table right now it tells us that we are just that so far this season; average. Slap bang mid-table, 10 games won, 10 lost, scored as many goals as we have lost.

We are not as bad as some posters suggest but we are not as good as others like to think we are either.

Progress has definitely been made though as the last two seasons we have been distinctly below average.

This season can still rise above the current state of averageness though with second in the league there for whoever can muster a run together and we are still in the cup!

The hope has to be that, based on the last two games at any rate, the signings in January are starting to have an impact on the squad, be it through action on the pitch or just freshening things up a bit. It would be great to see Hibs actually kick on towards the end of the season for once, rather than the damp squib we're used to.

The Sea-gull
25-02-2013, 11:51 AM

Didn't realise there was a consensus on here to be honest, thought opinion was divided fairly evenly. Seems like for every person saying how bad things are there is some else saying that all in the garden is rosy.

Do take your point though, having a little moan (which this thread wasn't) or being the slightest bit critical of Pat Fenlon usually leads to accusations of yamist leanings.

hibsmad
25-02-2013, 11:53 AM

Your spot on. This season we have been average with as many high points as low points.

What I think being average also makes us though is the most improved team in the division which can't be bad.

Hopefully next season this continues and we are no longer average.

IWasThere2016
25-02-2013, 11:53 AM

Average would be 1W 1D 1L - so 4 points, every 3 games - so 38 games would be 51 points to be average or better. I'd imagine we could achieve this.

cocopops1875
25-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Please feel free to enlighten us as to what the consensus is.

Lol a Hibs.net consensus who'd of thunk it

--------
25-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Average would be 1W 1D 1L - so 4 points, every 3 games - so 38 games would be 51 points to be average or better. I'd imagine we could achieve this.

And that would be a reasonable improvement on last season, no?

Keith_M
25-02-2013, 11:59 AM
From sh*t to average. You must admit, that's progress :wink:

Keith_M
25-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Eight of us are average. Celtic are above average and hearts are below average.

As we're in a twelve team league, who and what are the other two?

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2013, 12:01 PM

I don't think anyone has been saying we are great or better than we are, and it pisses me off when we have posts like this saying we do? Nobody is saying we are great, nobody is saying we are the finished article. What we do have is a number of folk sticking up for the team and manager who have turned round a club on its knees back to a competing one again.

Of course progress has been made, only the blind cant see that, but those who say we have not and wont be back until we are better will need another excuse soon, as our team are on the up.

We might not see the best of our new team and manager for a season or even longer, but i will certainly enjoy the journey Pat is taking us on, knowing this was never a 12 month project. :pfgwa

Sudds_1
25-02-2013, 12:05 PM
From sh*t to average. You must admit, that's progress :wink:well said that man................... lets face it, this time last year I'd have given my eye teeeth for us to be just "average" !

Sudds_1
25-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Eight of us are average. Celtic are above average and hearts are below average.Reminds me of the wee boy in class when asked for an animal beginning with the letter "A", replied "average " miss...............................Teacher says but thats not an animal?Wee boy says, well I heard my dad telling his pal he gets a ride on average about twice a week miss!

Hibernia&Alba
25-02-2013, 12:21 PM
From sh*t to average. You must admit, that's progress :wink:

I'll gladly take average this season after the diabolical of last. We're a still a team on ajorney, nowhere near the finished article, but there is progress being made. I said last August that I'd see a top six finish would be a fine achievement, and we're on course and still in the cup.

Pete
25-02-2013, 12:23 PM
As we're in a twelve team league, who and what are the other two?

That will be st mirren and Dundee. They are below average.

SaulGoodman
25-02-2013, 05:23 PM

No. Go against the 'consensus' by posting pish with nothing to back it up, ignoring other posters and making a bad name for yourself makes you a Yam.

I could post a thread completely slating Hibs. But if I back it up with points, and listen to other posters opinions I won't be called a Yam.

It's the same anywhere on the Internet.

M6hibee
25-02-2013, 05:38 PM
I think you'll find their's many differing opinions on here bud.

Aye as those that differ are ridiculed...... Bud

M6hibee
25-02-2013, 05:39 PM
No. Go against the 'consensus' by posting pish with nothing to back it up, ignoring other posters and making a bad name for yourself makes you a Yam.

I could post a thread completely slating Hibs. But if I back it up with points, and listen to other posters opinions I won't be called a Yam.

It's the same anywhere on the Internet.

So if you have an opinion you hae to reference it? Rubbish. If that's the case, can you back yours up please with 'facts' ?

Eyrie
25-02-2013, 05:49 PM
So if you have an opinion you hae to reference it?

Of course there has to be a factual basis for an opinion, or else how have you formed it?

Saorsa
25-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Aye as those that differ are ridiculed...... BudAre they? Those that post stuff that simply disnae stand up tae scrutiny maybe are.

Some of the stuff you posted about McGivern is just nonsense. For starters you said he rarely wins anything in the air, if you really believe that your eyes must be painted on.

SaulGoodman
25-02-2013, 05:55 PM
So if you have an opinion you hae to reference it? Rubbish. If that's the case, can you back yours up please with 'facts' ?

Of course I can back my post up with facts.. That's why I posted in the first place? Seems you're just looking for an argument but I'll humour you.

Watch the threads for a week, if someone, like you, has a go at everyone that replies to your thread, or any thread you post in. Just like you're doing funnily enough, no one will take you serious.

Be sensible, and listen to other posters while posting your opinion, everyone's fine. It's simple.

Of course you'll probably call this rubbish and then complain that no one listens to you.

stoneyburn hibs
25-02-2013, 06:06 PM

Average will do for me this season but on our showing in the last 2 games it is encouraging , hopefully we can improve to be a wee bit better than average from now until the season end . Getting the midfield more involved in an attacking sense and a wee bit rub of the green and it could finish up a very good season.

M6hibee
25-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Of course I can back my post up with facts.. That's why I posted in the first place? Seems you're just looking for an argument but I'll humour you.

Watch the threads for a week, if someone, like you, has a go at everyone that replies to your thread, or any thread you post in. Just like you're doing funnily enough, no one will take you serious.

Be sensible, and listen to other posters while posting your opinion, everyone's fine. It's simple.

Of course you'll probably call this rubbish and then complain that no one listens to you.

So I'm the one having a go? Well, I posted an opinion and then had a few people ridicule it. I don't mind people disagreeing with it but the attitude of some who think their opinion is correct and call mine rubbish is arrogant in the extreme. Then, you say I'm the one having a go! Have a word with yourself.

Any way, last time I post....... Expecting some glib replies from some in response. I thought this was a forum where people could offer an opinion without others rubbishing it but I was obviously wrong.

Hibs.net, where opinions only matter if the majority approve them. Good riddance to this board methibks

M6hibee
25-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Are they? Those that post stuff that simply disnae stand up tae scrutiny maybe are.

Some of the stuff you posted about McGivern is just nonsense. For starters you said he rarely wins anything in the air, if you really believe that your eyes must be painted on.

And aye, I watch plenty of hibs and I'm telling you that is the case with mcgivern. Maybe you need specsavers pal

Saorsa
25-02-2013, 06:16 PM
And aye, I watch plenty of hibs and I'm telling you that is the case with mcgivern. Maybe you need specsavers pal you're telling me, aye ok then pal :faf:

thought you were away :bye:

SaulGoodman
25-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Hibs.net, where opinions only matter if the majority approve them. Good riddance to this board methibks

:bye:

M6hibee
25-02-2013, 06:25 PM
you're telling me, aye ok then pal :faf:

thought you were away :bye:

I am. Muppet

Saorsa
25-02-2013, 06:26 PM
I am. Muppet:boo hoo:

Hibee Ryan
25-02-2013, 06:28 PM
I am. Muppet

Mate the reason you're getting accused of being a yam is simply because you argue with every point anyone makes and no matter what they say they're wrong. You're not debating, you're just telling and the things you're saying are all negative.

hibee_nation
25-02-2013, 06:30 PM
So I'm the one having a go? Well, I posted an opinion and then had a few people ridicule it. I don't mind people disagreeing with it but the attitude of some who think their opinion is correct and call mine rubbish is arrogant in the extreme. Then, you say I'm the one having a go! Have a word with yourself.

Any way, last time I post....... Expecting some glib replies from some in response. I thought this was a forum where people could offer an opinion without others rubbishing it but I was obviously wrong.

There was a poster a wee while back that racked up loads of posts in a very short time before blowing a fuse and disappearing as fast as he had arrived, you are not him reincarnated are you. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2013, 07:23 PM
I am. Muppet

Whoa you have to stick in there and ride the waves, they're not all bad. Some pretty decent folk on here, they must be to put up with me :thumbsup:

HH81
25-02-2013, 07:37 PM
There was a poster a wee while back that racked up loads of posts in a very short time before blowing a fuse and disappearing as fast as he had arrived, you are not him reincarnated are you. :aok:

Euansdad or something? He was DDs best mate so cant be him :-)

ronaldo7
25-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Aye as those that differ are ridiculed...... Bud

Jeezo, How to make friends and influence:rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
25-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Let's see shall we. You've 1) just registered on the forum, 2) argue every point, 3) ridicule other posters, 4) will not debate any points made.....:hmmm: Me thinks you entered the wrong web address into the browser :agree:.

Saorsa
25-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Euansdad or something? He was DDs best mate so cant be him :-)John, stop slavering pish. :aok:

jacomo
25-02-2013, 09:27 PM

Oh please!

Much of the chat on here is certainly 'robust', but by and large differences of opinion are respected. However, if you post, be prepared to defend your view... Just like in any proper debate.