PDA

View Full Version : Yams Barr oot o the Derby

ronaldo7
25-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Darren Barr is out of the Derby clash. We could have done with him playin to be honest.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hearts-darren-barr-suspended-for-derby-clash-1-2808829

Mikey
25-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Darren Barr is out of the Derby clash. We could have done with him playin to be honest.

:agree: He'll be replaced by someone from the best crop of youngsters ever in Scotland.

How will we cope?

hibsbollah
25-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Hes an important player for them, and he bullied Claros out of the last game. Definitely good news for us.

Thecat23
25-02-2013, 11:18 AM
:agree: He'll be replaced by someone from the best crop of youngsters ever in Scotland.

How will we cope?

We may as well hand them the points now Mikey, we will never beat those pesky kids now!!! :wink:

scoopyboy
25-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Hes an important player for them, and he bullied Claros out of the last game. Definitely good news for us.

I agree that its good news for us.

From our nightmare day that's McGowan, Grainger, Black, Suso, Zalplookus, Driver, Elliott, Skacel and now Barr that can't play against us on the 10th.

Only leaves McDonald and Webster from their starting line up.

The more players they have missing the better IMO.

Diclonius
25-02-2013, 11:24 AM
This will have absolutely no bearing on what happens on the 10th - they always raise their game for us and we will have to raise ours.

I fully expect to see some 18 year old nobody shutting us out on the right unless we put in just as much effort as they do.

#FromTheCapital
25-02-2013, 11:27 AM
If we play like we did yesterday (without the daft error obviously!) we will give them a long overdue thumping. Fester will set them up to play for a point but if we break them down early enough I can see us winning by at least 2

Aldo
25-02-2013, 11:29 AM
This will have absolutely no bearing on what happens on the 10th - they always raise their game for us and we will have to raise ours.

I fully expect to see some 18 year old nobody shutting us out on the right unless we put in just as much effort as they do.

Raw. A performance and effort like yesterday is what's required IMHO. That's barring the howler from Ben and Silly trip by mcgivern

ronaldo7
25-02-2013, 11:33 AM

I get the feeling that our Team is already looking forward to the Yams game with glee. The days of them turning up at ER and turning us over are gone. I have confidence in Pat getting our guys ready for the battle when it's required.

Gerrintaethum.

hibsmad
25-02-2013, 11:43 AM

How will we cope?

Yep this is worrying news.

One more outstanding youngster destined for big huge massive things in the starting line-up is the last thing we needed!

Crossgates Hibs
25-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Just need Webster out now and we should be able to cause them real problems. They will not be selling out this time we must be big favourites to win this one.

HH81
25-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Just need Webster out now and we should be able to cause them real problems. They will not be selling out this time we must be big favourites to win this one.

Why won't they sell out?

hibsbollah
25-02-2013, 12:16 PM

Normally one of the few areas they can still hurt us is by dominating in the centre of midfield, with Stevenson and Barr they have big units who can disrupt things. Yesterdays performance from the central three in a 451 and Barrs absence just makes me think we have nothing to fear anymore.

Sudds_1
25-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Why won't they sell out?coz they spent all their hard earned loot on worthless share certificates?

Pete
25-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Why won't they sell out?

They don't fancy it.

Crossgates Hibs
25-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Why won't they sell out?
They rarely do if it looks like we will beat them sadly hasn't been of ton of late

GlenrothesHibee
25-02-2013, 01:05 PM
They still have tatoo man to fly recklessly into tackles. They seem to be toiling without their big centre back. 9 goals lost in 3 games. Griffiths will fancy a go at them

S4uzee
25-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Am i right in thinking we can't get anyone suspended for this game as the 2 week suspension rule will have passed unless we get someone sent off. Was thinking mcpake must be due a ban soon

truehibernian
25-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Normally one of the few areas they can still hurt us is by dominating in the centre of midfield, with Stevenson and Barr they have big units who can disrupt things. Yesterdays performance from the central three in a 451 and Barrs absence just makes me think we have nothing to fear anymore.

Their only tactic this season bollah has been to play two wide - our midfield have more than held our own and battled a lot harder. The football as a consequence has been very very poor, as both midfields have cancelled each other out.

It's the first time in a long time I can recall Hearts conceding so easily and so readily from set pieces. This suits us, given we have Clancy, McPake, Hanlon, McGivern, Robertson - all tall and able to compete in the air. Coupled with the fact that Leigh and Matt Done's deliveries are whipped in at pace, I'd like to see Hibs really go for it from the off in the derby.

One thing I have also noticed is that they leave the two young lads, McHattie and Tapping, to cover the back when they have corners - very inexperienced and it shows. They are poorly positioned and look unsteady when the ball breaks and a team counters quickly. Ideal for Leigh and Cairney. The other weak link at set pieces is the big lad Ngoo - he simply hasn't a clue who to mark, where to mark, and often collides with his own player. But they need him in there to make up for lack of physical presence.

He may put in Dylan McGowan at centre back, but I've a sneaky feeling he (McGlynn) may be tempted to try a Dundee Utd and put Sutton in there for additional height.

If our midfield, which was perfectly balanced yesterday, plays the way they did against Utd, I'm super confident of a win.

NOLA
25-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Do we need anymore of their players out b4 we have a chance of beating them? And to think we wanted to sign barr aswell ;)

Sent from my ZX Spectrum using tapatalk

JohnStephens91
25-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Good. He is a mutated ****beast and I won't have to look at his ugly caveman face.

hibees 7062
25-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Do we need anymore of their players out b4 we have a chance of beating them? And to think we wanted to sign barr aswell ;)

Sent from my ZX Spectrum using tapatalk

The best thing they ever done for us :agree:

JimBHibees
25-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Am i right in thinking we can't get anyone suspended for this game as the 2 week suspension rule will have passed unless we get someone sent off. Was thinking mcpake must be due a ban soon

Yep either sent off in the Killie league or sent off violent conduct/serious foul play the cup game.

Hibernia Na Eir
25-02-2013, 08:24 PM
I agree that its good news for us.

From our nightmare day that's McGowan, Grainger, Black, Suso, Zalplookus, Driver, Elliott, Skacel and now Barr that can't play against us on the 10th.

Only leaves McDonald and Webster from their starting line up.

The more players they have missing the better IMO.

none, not one, of their cup winning team have ever filled me with fear. They simply beat a very poor team last May.

Gmack7
25-02-2013, 08:53 PM
none, not one, of their cup winning team have ever filled me with fear. They simply beat a very poor team last May.

i know you didnt start it but can we stop discussing that game please

ano hibby
25-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Can we please nip derby overconfidence in the bud right now. Rational analysis is useless. It's Hibs, it's a derby it's 50/50 regardless of who they play.
Remember the Casper derby.

Diclonius
25-02-2013, 09:29 PM
The best thing they ever done for us :agree:

Are you forgetting something?

FranckSuzy
25-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Ex Yam (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21582380?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter) but thought it worthy of a :hahaha:

Hank Schrader
25-02-2013, 11:29 PM

You regurgitate the same crap on the majority of Hearts related posts. You have a very negative mindset when it comes to us versus them. No wonder they call us the wee team.

To hell with them, they are due a hiding from us. And the less experience they have in the team the more likely we will beat them.

Be positive FFS.

NOLA
26-02-2013, 12:41 AM
You regurgitate the same crap on the majority of Hearts related posts. You have a very negative mindset when it comes to us versus them. No wonder they call us the wee team.

To hell with them, they are due a hiding from us. And the less experience they have in the team the more likely we will beat them.

Be positive FFS.

easy to be positive when you have a good derby record, something we don't, we SHOULD be more confident though i give you that.

Barney McGrew
26-02-2013, 05:39 AM
It makes a change for them to have a player actually suspended for the derby rather than retrospectively after it.

LaMotta
26-02-2013, 07:11 AM

Be positive FFS.

He is not being negative. Just realistic based on the last 30 years.

lyonhibs
26-02-2013, 10:14 AM

eam line-ups
Be positive FFS.

They've been "due a hiding" from us for well over a decade. In that time, they have (well, need I go on..............)

There have been unequal team line-ups in Hibs favour in the recent past, but we have not been at the races and lost (Derby after LC Final anyone). With the exception of our U-16's getting a win in the Casper Derby, when the odds have been tilted in their favour they tend to turn up and get the result that the on-paper disparity suggests. Part of that ​was down, not purely to the wages, but the attitude of their players vs. that of ours.

Clearly, that has vastly improved this season at Hibs, and I think we will win a narrow game on March 10th (I bloody hope so, as I'm flying home for it!!), but harbouring a sense of "we might well f*** this up" when it comes to a derby is perfectly excusable given the history of this fixture since the early 80's.

Russell The Dug
26-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Good news. Less experience they have the better.

hfc rd
26-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Good news. It just leaves Webster & Wilson as the only two fit experienced defenders.

26-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Can we please nip derby overconfidence in the bud right now. Rational analysis is useless. It's Hibs, it's a derby it's 50/50 regardless of who they play.
Remember the Casper derby.

:agree:

Good news that Barr is out as he is a decent player for them but hibs getting over confident going into a derby is never good and we have seen many times in the past how that can end in a big fall. Its a derby, it will be a tough game, hearts never make it particularly easy for us but if we can get ourselves right up for it and play the way we did against Dundee utd then i think we can cause them difficulties. There is no reason why we cant beat them, we have a good side and have already shown this season that we can stand up to them and not be pushed about by them like we have done in the past. But lets just not get too carried away, as between now and then we could also loose key players through injury/suspension.

GGTTH :flag:

Hermit Crab
26-02-2013, 11:29 AM
They will play Ngoo and Sutton upfront and will win.

Geo_1875
26-02-2013, 11:33 AM
And we have yet to hear who will referee the derby.

Heisenberg
26-02-2013, 11:45 AM

Mcglynn is a *****bag. He could've played two up front in the last derby at home but didnt. He'll play Ngoo up front on his own.

#FromTheCapital
26-02-2013, 11:53 AM

Whilst it's never a good idea to be over confident in a derby, it's never good to come out with ***** like that either.Hearts are pish this season so what makes you think they will win? Especially with them having a lot of players out.
McGlynn (the tactical genius that he is!) won't start with 2 up front at Easter Road, he will play Ngoo up front on his own. If hearts are chasing the game in the 2nd half he might put sutton (or one of their superstar wonderkids) up front as well.

brydekirk
26-02-2013, 12:10 PM

Mcgoo will play Sutton at CB & Ngoo lone striker. Imo

Part/Time Supporter
26-02-2013, 12:14 PM

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hearts-manager-will-continue-with-one-striker-1-2810591

lord bunberry
26-02-2013, 12:20 PM

That's the spirit

Albanian Hibs
26-02-2013, 12:29 PM

Deary me..

hibs0666
26-02-2013, 01:57 PM

Deary me.

PatHead
26-02-2013, 02:06 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hearts-manager-will-continue-with-one-striker-1-2810591

Quote " McGlynn is planning ahead with next season in mind."

I just keep asking myself- why?

Time For Heroes
26-02-2013, 02:12 PM
They will play Ngoo and Sutton upfront and get pumped because we are a far better team than that *****.

Fixed it! ;o)

Hermit Crab
26-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Whilst it's never a good idea to be over confident in a derby, it's never good to come out with ***** like that either.Hearts are pish this season so what makes you think they will win? Especially with them having a lot of players out.
McGlynn (the tactical genius that he is!) won't start with 2 up front at Easter Road, he will play Ngoo up front on his own. If hearts are chasing the game in the 2nd half he might put sutton (or one of their superstar wonderkids) up front as well.

Because the last time we won at tynie we were pish and had nearly a whole team out that night.

Hermit Crab
26-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Mcgoo will play Sutton at CB & Ngoo lone striker. Imo

Might be a shout!

Hermit Crab
26-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Deary me..

Deary me what?

Hermit Crab
26-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Deary me.

Deary me what?

#FromTheCapital
26-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Because the last time we won at tynie we were pish and had nearly a whole team out that night.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would a game that was almost 4 years ago involving 2 completely different squads and managers have any bearing on the upcoming derby? :confused:

Hermit Crab
26-02-2013, 03:33 PM
That doesn't make any sense. Why would a game that was almost 4 years ago involving 2 completely different squads and managers have any bearing on the upcoming derby? :confused:

Because this time they have the depleted team and the general opinion on here is that we will or are expected to win. Makes sense to me.

#FromTheCapital
26-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Because this time they have the depleted team and the general opinion on here is that we will or are expected to win. Makes sense to me.

Ok great logic can you please give me this weekends winning lottery numbers as well?

bod
26-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Good news. Less experience they have the better.

this

Eyrie
26-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Normally they drag us down to their level and beat us through experience, so they might struggle this time :greengrin