PDA

View Full Version : Well Played Hibees - We Wuz Robbed

MB62
25-02-2013, 08:49 AM
It doesn't seem that we get the chance too often to praise our team but I thought they all deserve a bit of credit for the way they performed yesterday and only an extremely poor decision by the ref denied us a deserved 3 points.
There were obvious flaws, McWilliams and McPake at the first goal, I thought we tired badly in the last 15 minutes, mainly due to the effort the lads had put in up to then. As a result of this, I though P.F. should have made earlier subs, but really, over the piece, that was encouraging and I liked the way we tried to pass the ball about, especially in the first half. I can't remember the last time I saw a Hibs team travel to Tannadice and outplay the home side for such long periods. Once Robertson and Done get more game time and improve their fitness levels then they will be big assets for us and with Cairney in there, it looks a handy mid three.
So well done yesterday to ALL the players. Some could get special mentions but I would prefer to put it down to a good team performance.

thebakerboy
25-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Great display yesterday but I think if Done and Cairney were to swap sides they would both be more effective. This is my only quibble with Nutsy 'cause otherwise he is doing a very good job.

danhibees1875
25-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Great display yesterday but I think if Done and Cairney were to swap sides they would both be more effective. This is my only quibble with Nutsy 'cause otherwise he is doing a very good job.

I think they are played on their 'weaker side' with the intention of cutting in to shoot/pass. Swapping them would be more effective at getting them to byline and whip a cross in - this is more effective with a big CF who will get on the end of these; not LG.

That's how I see it anyway. :agree:

Treadstone
25-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Hear Hear.

Now we have to roll out that performance on a consistent basis. Thought the midfield were excellent.

MB62
25-02-2013, 03:34 PM
I think they are played on their 'weaker side' with the intention of cutting in to shoot/pass. Swapping them would be more effective at getting them to byline and whip a cross in - this is more effective with a big CF who will get on the end of these; not LG.

That's how I see it anyway. :agree:

Have to agree with that. Leigh is good at knocking the ball upwards with his head to try and control it, but against big C.F's I doubt he would win many headers as a goal scoring opporchancity.

Hear Hear.

Now we have to roll out that performance on a consistent basis. Thought the midfield were excellent.

Don't like playing with only one man up front, however, this 4-2-3-1 might just be the way to see the season out with the players we have available to us.

25-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Agreed. Thought we played very well yesterday, a good solid performance and we deserved the 3 points.

Treadstone
25-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Like the way Nutsy took the penalty on the chin. Wee touch of class, unlike so many others looking to blame refs to deflect poor performances.:aok:

MB62
26-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Like the way Nutsy took the penalty on the chin. Wee touch of class, unlike so many others looking to blame refs to deflect poor performances.:aok:

Aye, Kenny Shiels take note.

TBH, we might have got one last week at Paisley which was at best soft, so in the cold light of day, a bit swings and roundabouts. However, in saying that, given the league positions, I would rather we had drawn against St. Mirren and beat Utd as it would have been better for us.

Hibercelona
26-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Very big well done to the players on Sunday for the effort they put into the game. They need to show this level of guts more often, regardless of who they're up against.

Shame about the decision near the end. However, lets not forget that we to were also awarded a penalty outside the box against Motherwell. These things happen (even though they shouldn't).

Same effort tomorrow please lads. :aok: