PDA

View Full Version : Gary Mackay-Steven

JohnStephens91
24-02-2013, 11:31 PM
He is a diving, cheating, hacking, moaning faced Michael Cera and dinosaur hybrid. No time for him at all, next time we play Dundee United, if he is still there, I want him put into the stands.

Russell The Dug
24-02-2013, 11:32 PM
He had an off day and Lewis marked him superbly. Still a fantastic talent and I heard he's a hibby randomly.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Michael Cera? who or what is that then?

Scottie
24-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Shocking challenge on Lewis

No retrospective action willor can be taken as he was booked for the assault.

Thought our defense handled him well until the pen incident but the lad is an idiot

JohnStephens91
24-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Michael Cera? who or what is that then?
He was in Superbad, Juno, Scott Pilgrim vs the World and Nick and Norah's Infinite playlist and a few other films that you may know but not think are any good.

http://www.themagazine.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/michael-cera.jpg

California-Hibs
24-02-2013, 11:46 PM
He was in Superbad, Juno, Scott Pilgrim vs the World and Nick and Norah's Infinite playlist and a few other films that you may know but not think are any good.

Haha, brilliant, he does look like Michael Cera!

frazeHFC
24-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Never even noticed the resemblance till now. He got a lot of stick from us Hibees today, deservedly so.

California-Hibs
24-02-2013, 11:49 PM

Haha good spot, he does look like Michael Cera!

.Sean.
24-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Was praying for someone to boot the little **** intae Row Z. Diving, petulant, cheating little rat.

truehibernian
25-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Great wee player, made to look not so great by Lewis Stevenson - that's the last 2 games that the so called 'danger men' have targeted Lewis (and right back) only for the opposition managers to realise they ain't getting any change out of him. Says a lot for how well Lewis has played in the right back berth which surprised me greatly.

Thought Taiwo rattling Flood a few times was good to see too - Flood has made Utd tick last few games and Fenlon got the tactics spot on, but Taiwo and Robertson got right in about little Gollum.

Don't quite know why GMS is getting so much stick to be honest. Ref got it wrong, McGivern took him out and he was at speed. He did launch into Lewis, but I think Robbo caught him a beauty down his ankle just before that so he would have had that in his mind as I think it went our way decision wise (the Robertson challenge). Other than that I can't remember GMS even being in the game that often.

Just watched the game again and Hibs were terrific first half - even better than I thought first time around. Some of the pressing and then one touch football was simply excellent.

Pete
25-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Any footballer with a name containing "Gary Mackay" seems to be a bit of a dick.

Gettin' Auld
25-02-2013, 07:20 AM

That looks like a teenage Arsene Wenger. :D

shagpile
25-02-2013, 07:42 AM
He is a diving, cheating, hacking, moaning faced Michael Cera and dinosaur hybrid. No time for him at all, next time we play Dundee United, if he is still there, I want him put into the stands.

Or you're gonna stamp your feet & throw the toys oot the pram?

McKay Steven does not have the monopoly on petulance.

marinello59
25-02-2013, 07:43 AM
The fact he was frustrated is testament to just how well our players handled him yesterday, sometimes with less than legal challenges. Of course he was whinging about it, he wants to win. Diving? Every time we howled at him for doing it there had actually been enough contact to put him on the deck. He certainly didn't dive for he penalty did he?
As for the foul on Lewis, that was shocking but at least the player acknowledged it himself and appoached Stevenson later in the match apparently to apologise and offer his hand. There are several nasty cheating players in the SPL, (and sevco) but GMs isn't in that category for me.

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Any footballer with a name containing "Gary Mackay" seems to be a bit of a dick.

To be fair to him the addition of the 'Steven' was probably a weak attempt to disguise that he'd been saddled with that unfortunate moniker. Robert Stewart-Dashing would have been a much better choice.

dhmf
25-02-2013, 08:23 AM
The guy is an exceptional tallent and Scottish! i have nout against him due to yesterday, he got wound up because LS played him so well and showed the petulance a young player can.

Judas Iscariot
25-02-2013, 08:32 AM
He is a little tool..

Should've put Deegs on to nail him

IWasThere2016
25-02-2013, 10:05 AM
To add insult tae injury he came into the hospitality for signing/chat/pics etc. PETRIE :grr:

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2013, 10:12 AM

Dearie me, must be getting old! I've never seen or heard of any of them! :-)

Hibee Ryan
25-02-2013, 10:25 AM

Completely agree! He does it every week though!

Anyone that tackles him gets abuse from pundits and the like for kicking him cause he's skillful. He gets special treatment simply cause he's a good player and tricky but it doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to handle a tackle.

He lay rolling about after Robertson won the ball of him then got up when he realised he wasn't getting a free kick and tried to hurt Lewis. He's good to watch when he's playing well but when he's not he's a horrible diving moaning scrotum

JohnStephens91
25-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Or you're gonna stamp your feet & throw the toys oot the pram?

McKay Steven does not have the monopoly on petulance.

No, I just really dislike him. Not doubting he is a great talent, but he goes to ground with next to no contact, moans whenever there is a perfectly legitimate tackle put in on him and his forearm into Lewis is not the first time I've seen him get the red mist because he isn't getting his own way. He is a greeting faced fanny.

khib70
25-02-2013, 11:17 AM
He is a little tool..

Should've put Deegs on to nail him
Pathetic post. Scottish football is a midden because skilful players get "nailed" by pedestrian cloggers like Deegan. Our vastly improved midfield performance yesterday had a lot to do with his absence IMO.

If any opponent put a hatchet man on to "nail" Cairney, or Sparky, you'd be howling blue murder.

EdinMike
25-02-2013, 11:36 AM
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/58826_10151256299087461_628604402_n.jpg

Saw this on Facebook, thought I'de share. I haven't seen footage of the penalty/dive yet. But from this picture, unless McGivern did a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle swipe kick my guess it was a great dive.

marinello59
25-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Pathetic post. Scottish football is a midden because skilful players get "nailed" by pedestrian cloggers like Deegan. Our vastly improved midfield performance yesterday had a lot to do with his absence IMO.

If any opponent put a hatchet man on to "nail" Cairney, or Sparky, you'd be howling blue murder.

:top marks

JohnStephens91
25-02-2013, 11:44 AM
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/58826_10151256299087461_628604402_n.jpg

Saw this on Facebook, thought I'de share. I haven't seen footage of the penalty/dive yet. But from this picture, unless McGivern did a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle swipe kick my guess it was a great dive.

It happened outside the box, McGivern clipped Mackay-Steven, but the contact was hardly enough to make him go flying at that height. Cheating runt.

EdinMike
25-02-2013, 04:34 PM
It happened outside the box, McGivern clipped Mackay-Steven, but the contact was hardly enough to make him go flying at that height. Cheating runt.

Watched it now, and I guess I'm a day late but...

What. The. **** ! Argggh ! Mondays ! Still looking at the Table it's not all doom and gloom !

Judas Iscariot
25-02-2013, 05:42 PM

Untwist yer knickers darling...

It's part & parcel of the game, happens at every level!

Doesn't mean I agree with it but other teams use those tactics against us, time we dished it out back

cocopops1875
25-02-2013, 05:50 PM

Doesn't mean I agree with it but other teams use those tactics against us, time we dished it out back

Exactly Fents its The Treatment you "Football Players" have to just deal with eh :greengrin

Seriously though the way we have played over the last few seasons and people are complaining that we have a couple of guys who will put the boot in :confused: Ah wish we would just go back to knowing there wasnt a player on the park who had it in them to smash someone :aok:

The_Horde
25-02-2013, 05:54 PM

:agree: Messi gets smashed about nearly every game, don't hear anybody complaining about the la liga.

PatHead
25-02-2013, 06:01 PM
My take was the wee git got in the huff and thought I'll go after the smallest guy on the park. LS stood up to him and he got new gain.

marinello59
25-02-2013, 06:12 PM

The players we had on the pitch did a more than decent job of containing him without the need for us calling on Deegan to boot him in to the stand. You keep drinking neat testerone and taking the macho pills though.:thumbsup:

khib70
25-02-2013, 10:32 PM

No it isn't. Well not this game anyway.

But you obviously enjoy this kind of chest-beating guff, so carry on.

If you get your way the game will consist entirely of talentless thugs hunting each other down in front of a tiny audience of hopped-up meatheads.

And we have rugby for that already....

cocopops1875
26-02-2013, 12:07 PM

If you get your way the game will consist entirely of talentless thugs hunting each other down in front of a tiny audience of hopped-up meatheads.

And if you get your way tackling will be outlawed and the game has changed beyond all recognition, maybe you would be more comfortable at bowls matches

lord bunberry
26-02-2013, 12:15 PM
And if you get your way tackling will be outlawed and the game has changed beyond all recognition, maybe you would be more comfortable at bowls matches

I believe its a bowls tie :greengrin

khib70
26-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Silly response.

Tackling is a major part of the game. Sending out a thug to target a skilful player and boot him out of the game isn't and never was.

Reading the game, tracking runs, tackling and winning the ball. It's called defending.

What you're defending is called assault.

cocopops1875
27-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Silly response.

Tackling is a major part of the game. Sending out a thug to target a skilful player and boot him out of the game isn't and never was.

Reading the game, tracking runs, tackling and winning the ball. It's called defending.

What you're defending is called assault.
Absolute nonsense but you really chucked it at "isn't and never was" would you like a list of historical football "thugs" as you call them or do you accept they have always been part of the game ? As for the second point I accept these are in a pink fluffy wonderland of footballing ideals (hearts and rangers also live within their means here) football would be played by gentlemen with skill and perfect coordination who time tackles gloriously, however in the real world where I watch and play football I'd rather watch a Hibs player nail GMS or our old pal Rudi as opposed to applaud his skill as they skip passed again

basehibby
27-02-2013, 02:07 PM

100% WRONG - McGivern DID 100% catch him - it WAS 100% a foul - however, it was also 100% a foot OUTSIDE the box.

I don't get the big hate-in here on McKay-Stevens at all - he is a very skillfull player who I would love to see in a Hibs shirt (Only one thing despicable about him is the "Gary McKay" bit of his name - but surely that was his mum and dad's fault :confused:)

brog
27-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I thought we played GMS extremely well & fairly. The Robertson challenge was excellent & the only real foul, which was not all dangerous was the pen. ( Still don't know why RM felt he had to trip him ) I thought GMS let himself down a bit when he didn't get the foul for the Robertson challenge & launched himself at Lewis but he made himself look foolish, got booked & Lewis emerged with even more credit.
IF GMS subsequently apologised good on him & I wish he was our diving, cheating runt!!

Fergus52
27-02-2013, 03:43 PM

There's a difference between putting a thug on to take out a genuinely skilful and quality player, than putting one on to take out a skillful player that repeatedly cheats, dives and moans at the ref.

The first of which I disagree with completely, the second I am happy to be used on pathetic wee rats like GMS.

Fergus52
27-02-2013, 03:47 PM
100% WRONG - McGivern DID 100% catch him - it WAS 100% a foul - however, it was also 100% a foot OUTSIDE the box.

I don't get the big hate-in here on McKay-Stevens at all - he is a very skillfull player who I would love to see in a Hibs shirt (Only one thing despicable about him is the "Gary McKay" bit of his name - but surely that was his mum and dad's fault :confused:)

are you being serious?

I can't remember the last time he played against us where he didn't make a complete arsewipe out of himself.

Dives pathetically when he hasn't even been touched and then loses his head when things don't go his way.

Skillful he may be, but he's still a cheating ****. It's not even as if he 'makes the most' of it when he's fouled, he literally flings himself into the air even if there has been no contact.

Jonnyboy
27-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Maybe something Colin Calderwood should get rare credit for here. Looked at GMS when the laddie was with Airdrie but didn't pursue it. :wink:

Imagine GMS had been a Hibs player! I guess he'd act the same way as he does now but the $64,000 question is ..... would we be calling him a diving, cheating, moaning faced wee s4ite?

Newcastlehibby
27-02-2013, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=basehibby;3517766]100% WRONG - McGivern DID 100% catch him - it WAS 100% a foul - however, it was also 100% a foot OUTSIDE the box.

When I saw it live, I thought it was a foul. Having watched it in slow motion, GMS clearly launches himself off his feet just before he makes contact with McGivern. I think that McGivern possibly intended to trip him outside the box but GMS tried to get a penalty by deliberately colliding with McGivern's legs so he could go down.

Cheat!

cocopops1875
27-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Maybe something Colin Calderwood should get rare credit for here. Looked at GMS when the laddie was with Airdrie but didn't pursue it. :wink:

Imagine GMS had been a Hibs player! I guess he'd act the same way as he does now but the $64,000 question is ..... would we be calling him a diving, cheating, moaning faced wee s4ite?

In answer to your question Jonnyboy No we wouldnt call him that:agree:
We would moan and grumble that he was a cheap option having been signed from airdrie and never really give him a fair crack of the whip :greengrin its the :hnet: way

KanyeWestLower
27-02-2013, 07:45 PM
I can't recall him ever diving? Defo hibby and gets a fair bit of stick for his email address 😉