PDA

View Full Version : Scott Robertson

Necky
24-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Gets in so many good positions and is definitely going to have a big influence on where we finish. Watched him at the St Johnstone game and three times was in a good position up front and did not receive the pass. Don't think its coincidence that we are starting to play better in midfield and are more creative since his arrival.

M6hibee
24-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Aye looks the part and a good signing. Remain unconvinced about done but Robertson was a excellent signing

Tollhouse Hibee
24-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Aye looks the part and a good signing. Remain unconvinced about done but Robertson was a excellent signing

Another couple of games and we will get Robertson playing like that for the full 90 mins. And for next season I am genuinely excited with our midfield.

hibsbollah
24-02-2013, 09:15 PM
He was very good today.

Stevie Reid
24-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Looked exactly like the player I remembered at Dundee Utd in his performance today. Him and Craig in midfield next season is an exciting prospect.

M6hibee
24-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Looked exactly like the player I remembered at Dundee Utd in his performance today. Him and Craig in midfield next season is an exciting prospect.

Exactly mate. Can't wait for that

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Could be a bit critical and say that his first touch was a bit clumsy but I think all he is missing is game time and match fitness and then he will be the box to box type we have been crying out for.

Up The Bracket
24-02-2013, 10:06 PM
He looks a very good player and him and Claros are the two of the best CM's in the SPL with the exception of Celtic.

Along with others, remain unconvinced by Done, I wasn't at St Mirren, but I thought he was poor v St Johnstone, and he was okay today but he hardly set the heather alight.

Would be tempted to give Handling a start of the right on Wednesday, or at least a good half hour towards the end.

hibsbollah
24-02-2013, 10:09 PM
He looks a very good player and him and Claros are the two of the best CM's in the SPL with the exception of Celtic.

Along with others, remain unconvinced by Done, I wasn't at St Mirren, but I thought he was poor v St Johnstone, and he was okay today but he hardly set the heather alight.

Would be tempted to give Handling a start of the right on Wednesday, or at least a good half hour towards the end.

Surprised you thought Done was poor against St Johnstone, he was the only outfield player i gave pass marks to. He's got something to offer IMO, looks to have some trickery and pace.

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2013, 10:21 PM

Agreed, I can't wait to see Craig in our midfield next season, think himself and Robertson will be big players for us......

JollyGreenGiant
24-02-2013, 10:23 PM

I thougjt Taiwo had a very good game today, not really been impressed by him since his signing, but him Claros and Robertsom controlled the game.

Up The Bracket
24-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Surprised you thought Done was poor against St Johnstone, he was the only outfield player i gave pass marks to. He's got something to offer IMO, looks to have some trickery and pace.

Yeah, a lot of the people I spoke to after the St Johnstone game said they thought he played well, I thought he looked okay in the 1st half, but in the second half, he looked a bit of a headless chicken to me.

I hope he does well I'd give Danny a run out on Wednesday and unless he scores/plays very well get Done back in for the cup game, just to freshen things up.

I thougjt Taiwo had a very good game today, not really been impressed by him since his signing, but him Claros and Robertsom controlled the game.

Yes, Taiwo was superb today, better than Claros, thought he has been okay since signing, better than Deegan anyway. I think we need to play 4-5-1 for success this season, so them in a midfield 3 is how we should play for the remainder of the season IMO.

Uphall Hibby
24-02-2013, 10:41 PM

He has yet to go past a defender. Has won a few free kicks but thats as its got. At best hes a poor Wotherspoon!!

Russell The Dug
24-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Him and Taiwo where brilliant first half especially.

He looks ill though for some reason.

Broken Gnome
24-02-2013, 10:50 PM
He has yet to go past a defender. Has won a few free kicks but thats as its got. At best hes a poor Wotherspoon!!

Be nice to let him have a go at players on his natural left side to be fair.

Necky
24-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Surprised that Spoonaldo didnae even make the bench today. Injured ? Or on the way oot ?

Heisenberg
24-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Surprised that Spoonaldo didnae even make the bench today. Injured ? Or on the way oot ?

Seems like he's slipping right out the picture. Was in the stands vs St Johnsone too i think.

Aldo
25-02-2013, 07:37 AM

In yesterday's performance Craig will struggle to replace Taiwo, Claros or Robertson who were all excellent, especially Taiwo who would of been MOTM if Leigh hadn't been unplayable.

Done was quite so he can come in for him.

Brooster
25-02-2013, 08:36 AM

Hasnt featured much at all since he signed for Sevco. :cb

JimBHibees
25-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Hasnt featured much at all since he signed for Sevco. :cb

Has that been confirmed or is it nonsense.

GlenrothesHibee
25-02-2013, 11:50 AM
In yesterday's performance Craig will struggle to replace Taiwo, Claros or Robertson who were all excellent, especially Taiwo who would of been MOTM if Leigh hadn't been unplayable.

Done was quite so he can come in for him.

Remember we only have Claros until the end of the season

Aldo
25-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Remember we only have Claros until the end of the season

Forgot that one but fingers crossed we can get him signed up.

I liked the look of the 3 yesterday and they bossed united for long periods.

Craig wi be a very good addition to the team/squad

mon the cabbage
25-02-2013, 02:17 PM
I haven't been too impressed with him to be honest thought he has been quite poor but i have only saw him against saint Johnstone and on ESPN yesterday but he looks quite lanky and doesn't seem to have a great touch. He wants to find a pass but I'm not sure of his ability. He was terrible against St.Johnstone. He was better yesterday but he didn't look better than anyone else in the team against united. I take he played better against St. Mirren? Early days though and i hope he proves me wrong.

JimBHibees
25-02-2013, 02:30 PM
I haven't been too impressed with him to be honest thought he has been quite poor but i have only saw him against saint Johnstone and on ESPN yesterday but he looks quite lanky and doesn't seem to have a great touch. He wants to find a pass but I'm not sure of his ability. He was terrible against St.Johnstone. He was better yesterday but he didn't look better than anyone else in the team against united. I take he played better against St. Mirren? Early days though and i hope he proves me wrong.

Personally thought he was impressive and is slowly and surely getting better with more games. Nice to see a player being able to win a header in the middle of the park also. He will only get better and am sure there is more to come from Scott.

mon the cabbage
25-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Personally thought he was impressive and is slowly and surely getting better with more games. Nice to see a player being able to win a header in the middle of the park also. He will only get better and am sure there is more to come from Scott.

I didn't see him against st.mirren but he was beaten every time against Murray Davidson in the air and didn't play against many tall players or players that are good in the air. Did he beat Goodwin or Thompson in the against St. Mirren?

JimBHibees
25-02-2013, 02:48 PM
I didn't see him against st.mirren but he was beaten every time against Murray Davidson in the air and didn't play against many tall players or players that are good in the air. Did he beat Goodwin or Thompson in the against St. Mirren?

When I say he won balls in the air I was talking about yesterday when he did. He is a bigger player than our other midfielders and also gives us more of a physical presence in that area. What cant be argued is that he contributed to an excellent team performance yesterday in a season where he is playing his third or fourth game on the bounce after having hardly played. He will get better. Dont understand any negativity after yesterdays game but crack on.

mon the cabbage
25-02-2013, 02:59 PM
When I say he won balls in the air I was talking about yesterday when he did. He is a bigger player than our other midfielders and also gives us more of a physical presence in that area. What cant be argued is that he contributed to an excellent team performance yesterday in a season where he is playing his third or fourth game on the bounce after having hardly played. He will get better. Dont understand any negativity after yesterdays game but crack on.

I understand that it is early days but don't see any reason that he deserves this praise but hope he goes on to better things. I'm not arguing that he doesn't have a physical presence and played well yesterday but after the St. Johnstone game I need to see more before I start to praise him.

JimBHibees
25-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I understand that it is early days but don't see any reason that he deserves this praise but hope he goes on to better things. I'm not arguing that he doesn't have a physical presence and played well yesterday but after the St. Johnstone game I need to see more before I start to praise him.

Are you not contradicting yourself a tad?

mon the cabbage
25-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Are you not contradicting yourself a tad?

No, this thread isn't just about yesterday it is about his perfomances since he joined. I am allowed to say he played well just like others who have said taiwo isn't great said he played well. How many games have you been to that Robertson has played in?

JimBHibees
25-02-2013, 03:51 PM
No, this thread isn't just about yesterday it is about his perfomances since he joined. I am allowed to say he played well just like others who have said taiwo isn't great said he played well. How many games have you been to that Robertson has played in?

The thread is about yesterday. Was at the Saints game where he was played in a 4 and struggled as did the team and watched him on the box yesterday, does that pass the test of being able to give an opinion or must I have been at all his games. :greengrin

For what it is worth he was an excellent midfielder with United for a few years and can easily play well at this level.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2013, 04:26 PM
He's no Joe Keenan.

livi hibs 1875
25-02-2013, 04:29 PM
He's no Joe Keenan.

Amen to that :agree:

mon the cabbage
25-02-2013, 05:38 PM
The thread is about yesterday. Was at the Saints game where he was played in a 4 and struggled as did the team and watched him on the box yesterday, does that pass the test of being able to give an opinion or must I have been at all his games. :greengrin

For what it is worth he was an excellent midfielder with United for a few years and can easily play well at this level.

Yeah mate thats fine thats all ive seen too just wondering if you've seen more or less. At the start of this thread it did say there is no coincidence that we've started playing better with him in the team and that he got in good positions againsts saints. but I don't want to go on but I just don't think he has done enough yet. you are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine theres no point going on about it any more.

Necky
25-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Don't think he can be fully match fit as he hardly played for Blackpool. There are definitely a couple of goals in him hopefully starting on Wednesday. He is my first scorer bet for next two games.

Northernhibee
25-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Very astute to get him on a two and a half season deal.

eastterrace
25-02-2013, 08:49 PM
we should be thankfull we can get someone like robertson on a signed deal, if you think o the mince weve had before ie de graaf , chisolm just remember these type o players:confused: