PDA

View Full Version : Craig Levein on ESPN

Newcastlehibby
24-02-2013, 07:32 PM
I was suitably impressed by Craig Levein's honesty and impartiality in his assessment of Hibs play. He said that Lee Griffiths was 'Man of the Match' and he agreed that the first claim was not a penalty and that the penalty was not a penalty. He also commented on the referee/linesman in awarding it, criticising them for "not using the line", referring to the penalty box. Considering his links to both Hearts and Dundee United, that was remarkably impressive, so perhaps he has some redeeming features after all.

ancient hibee
24-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Always liked him.

MSK
24-02-2013, 07:37 PM
I was suitably impressed by Craig Levein's honesty and impartiality in his assessment of Hibs play. He said that Lee Griffiths was 'Man of the Match' and he agreed that the first claim was not a penalty and that the penalty was not a penalty. He also commented on the referee/linesman in awarding it, criticising them for "not using the line", referring to the penalty box. Considering his links to both Hearts and Dundee United, that was remarkably impressive, so perhaps he has some redeeming features after all.Impressed ?...wouldnae go that far ..he was only telling it as it was !!

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Personally thought Leigh Griffiths was better :greengrin

Newcastlehibby
24-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Impressed ?...wouldnae go that far ..he was only telling it as it was !!
Ha. maybe I should have said surprised!

JollyGreenGiant
24-02-2013, 07:39 PM
He is still a d*ck though!

Newcastlehibby
24-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Personally thought Leigh Griffiths was better :greengrin
Better than 'Man of the Match'. Now that is good!

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Almost like he is putting himself in the shop window for a job??

Newcastlehibby
24-02-2013, 07:42 PM
He is still a d*ck though!
Which one is a duck?:wink:

Scooter
24-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Don't care abt Craig levein but I thought lomas came across well

hibees 7062
24-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Almost like he is putting himself in the shop window for a job??

Fenlon out Potter in :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
24-02-2013, 07:53 PM
I was suitably impressed by Craig Levein's honesty and impartiality in his assessment of Hibs play. He said that Lee Griffiths was 'Man of the Match' and he agreed that the first claim was not a penalty and that the penalty was not a penalty. He also commented on the referee/linesman in awarding it, criticising them for "not using the line", referring to the penalty box. Considering his links to both Hearts and Dundee United, that was remarkably impressive, so perhaps he has some redeeming features after all.

I'll bet he still done a "get it up them" at us, when they scored penalty. Potter the absolute TOSSER.

Elephant Stone
24-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Remarkably impressive for stating what was pretty undeniably true? No way. He's a dick and he'll always be a dick.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-02-2013, 07:58 PM

Would've made himself into a bigger twat than I thought if he hadn't said those things!

Saorsa
24-02-2013, 07:59 PM
I was suitably impressed by Craig Levein's honesty and impartiality in his assessment of Hibs play. He said that Lee Griffiths was 'Man of the Match' and he agreed that the first claim was not a penalty and that the penalty was not a penalty. He also commented on the referee/linesman in awarding it, criticising them for "not using the line", referring to the penalty box. Considering his links to both Hearts and Dundee United, that was remarkably impressive, so perhaps he has some redeeming features after all.Impressed because he told it how it was? He'd have looked as bigger fool than Shiels did when he denied that the foul on Cairney was a penalty if he'd said anything different.

****in' ****er of the highest order, always has been, always will be. I had the misfortune a good few years ago tae be at an event were he was also in attendance, an absolute tosser of a man.

bingo70
24-02-2013, 08:20 PM
He's good pals with fenlon so he wouldn't have said anything that would have made his pal look bad......not that there was much u could say that was bad about todays performance but I'm sure in normal circumstances he'd have looked for something.

M6hibee
24-02-2013, 08:23 PM
To be fair he came over well in the studio

clerriehibs
24-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Remarkably impressive for stating what was pretty undeniably true? No way. He's a dick and he'll always be a dick.

H couldn't say anything other than he did about those 'penalty' incidents ... however, he seemd to find the fact that one claim was given was remarkably funny, given the way he chortled away.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-02-2013, 09:49 PM
H couldn't say anything other than he did about those 'penalty' incidents ... however, he seemd to find the fact that one claim was given was remarkably funny, given the way he chortled away.

Perhaps making a fair point though? Would the ref have given that penalty if he had not turned down a fairly decent shout, just minutes earlier??

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-02-2013, 09:56 PM
What was fairly decent about it? It was further outside the box than the one that was given. Utds pen reminded me of the one the yams got against oldco in the SC Final.

JohnStephens91
24-02-2013, 10:15 PM
No matter what he says he is still an absolute roaster.

Nando™
24-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Impressed because he told it how it was? He'd have looked as bigger fool than Shiels did when he denied that the foul on Cairney was a penalty if he'd said anything different.

****in' ****er of the highest order, always has been, always will be. I had the misfortune a good few years ago tae be at an event were he was also in attendance, an absolute tosser of a man.

The amount of time you spend on that fence mate I'm surprised it hasn't gave way yet :greengrin

Saorsa
24-02-2013, 10:21 PM
The amount of time you spend on that fence mate I'm surprised it hasn't gave way yet :greengrin:wink:

ekhibee
24-02-2013, 11:33 PM
I agree, Levein gave an honest unbiased opinion of the game, particularly in emphasising that Hibs should have won the game. Sadly the BBC seems to have a different take on things, Mitchell was babbling on during the highlights about the DU goalie's errors and that's all they seemed to talk about in the studio after the highlights had finished.

monktonharp
25-02-2013, 12:55 AM
To be fair he came over well in the studio quite a good chance that he came twice in his pants anyway.

monktonharp
25-02-2013, 01:01 AM
I was suitably impressed by Craig Levein's honesty and impartiality in his assessment of Hibs play. He said that Lee Griffiths was 'Man of the Match' and he agreed that the first claim was not a penalty and that the penalty was not a penalty. He also commented on the referee/linesman in awarding it, criticising them for "not using the line", referring to the penalty box. Considering his links to both Hearts and Dundee United, that was remarkably impressive, so perhaps he has some redeeming features after all.never heard a thing, as I was in the pub, but all that he alledgedly said, were all blatantly obvious therefor I am suitably unimpressed.dont like him,never have and never will. each to their own though, I suppose.