PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

hibsbollah
24-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Thats the best ive seen us play for a long time. Two points dropped but very encouraging as well.

Williams 4 Bad mistake. Maka at the sheep sprang immediately to mind. But hes been our player of the season so far so dont want to be too hard on him.

McGivern 7 Up against a very powerful opponent in Watson, won most things.
McPake 8 best game in MONTHS.
Hanlon 7
Stevenson 9 Did all the simple things and took Mackay Steven out of the game.Quietly Outstanding.

Done 6 not much came off in an attacking sense but pressed well all game.
Taiwo 8 Bossed the MF
Claros 8 see Taiwo
Robertson 8 see Taiwo
Cairney 7

Griffiths 9

Well done on the performance, some of the passing first half in particular was a joy to watch. And Lewis, you can give Mackay Stevens back to them now, hes still in your pocket...

Up The Bracket
24-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Williams 5 - Poor for the goal, made a couple of good saves, almost got the penalty.

McGivern 7 - Good going forward in the first half, solid defending in the second half. Never a penalty.

McPake 8 - Scored, dealt very well with Daly when he went up front

Hanlon 7 - Solid

Stevenson 9 - Wee terrier fought hard and well against Mackay-Steven, MoTM

Done 6 - Wasn't too bad, didn't offer much really

Robertson 7 - Fought well

Taiwo 8 - Very good, especially in the first half, did well going forward and fought hard.

Claros 7 - See Robertson

Cairney 6 - Good in the first half, anonymous in the 2nd

Griffiths 8 - Superb. What a goal.

Doyle 5 - Poor

Handling - No Time

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Agree with all the raitings from what I seen, you forgot one though

The ref -2

Up The Bracket
24-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Agree with all the raitings from what I seen, you forgot one though

The ref -2

Bit generous

SouthamptonHibs
24-02-2013, 06:59 PM
The ref would get Zero from me as he changed the outcome of the match. Referee should officiate correctly, I'm telling you these jokers are getting worse, each week nothing seems to happen to them.

truehibernian
24-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Whole midfield was superb today, but my man of the match was Tom Taiwo - absolutely everywhere and chased, harried, worked his socks off.

Hanlon was solid, and wee Lewis did really well again at full back. But TT was superb all 90 for me.

Hiber-nation
24-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Griffiths was absolutely brilliant today, no contest for man of the match. Honourable mentions for Taiwo, Stevenson, McPake, McGivern, Hanlon. Robertson looked great in 1st half and could be an excellent signing.

HibernianJK
24-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Big thing for me in the first half was our central midfielders playing alot higher up the pitch. This resulted in us a) Pressing higher up the pitch and b) Keeping possession higher up the pitch. Two things that have been lacking. Griffiths MOTM for me. His first touch is god like. quick feet, good delivery, he really does have all the assets. McPake second best with McGivern a close 3rd

HTD1875
24-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Williams 5 Bad mistake at the start of the game, solid for the rest of the game but didn't have much to do.

McGivern 7 did well but poor defending for the penalty.
McPake 8 outstanding
Hanlon 7 solid
Stevenson 7 Did the simple thing and played well against the tricky Mackay Steven, poor on the ball especially on the right foot but not his fault he's playing out of position

Done 5 didn't effect the game, not got the skill to be playing on the right.
Taiwo 8 quietly efficient, solid in the tackle doesn't give much going forward but put in a good shift for the team.
Claros 8 similar to taiwo, some moments of brilliance passing occasionally let him down.
Robertson 7 a few good touches but didn't make much impact on the game
Cairney 7 quiet game looks dangerous in spells

Griffiths 9 Looks dangerous all the time, brilliant goal and assist. Team looks lost without them

Doyle 2 poor gave away possession for the penalty, Too lightweight for this level.

On the whole a great team performance,controlled large parts of the game, a bit of luck and a better referee and it would of been 3 points.

Wotherspiniesta
24-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Williams - 4 Bad day at the office for Big Ben. He'll bounce back though :aok:

Stevenson- 6 If he's going to play RB, he needs to learn to kick the baw with his right foot. Decent enough.

McPake- 7 Very good game from the skipper and got himself on the score sheet. Can't ask for much more.

Hanlon - 7 Turning into a very good CB. Progressed well this season.

McGivern- 6 Done well, but looked a little shaky near the end I thought.

Done- 6 Drifted in and out of the game. Looks a good addition though. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the left.

Claros- 9 My MOTM. Oozes quality and never let a couple of slack ones get to him. Keeps his composure, keeps posession. His tracking all over the park of GMS was admirable.

Taiwo- 7 Terrier like today. Very good shift and getting better each game IMO.

Robertson- 7 Excellent performance from him. Match sharpness returning after a dodgy start to his Hibs career and got forward well. Good passer.

Cairney- 6 I like him, but think he should be more decisive in the final third. Drifts in and out of games and had a quiet second half.

Griffiths- 8 Brilliant from him again. Workrate, skill, finishing. We're lucky to have him.

Subs:
Doyle- 4 Crucial loss of posession, but won a couple of free kicks high up the park.

Handling- No time for any form of impact.

neil7908
24-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Agree with the general comments, Stevenson, Claros, McPake and of course Leigh all excellent but although he may not be my MotM, special mention to Taiwo who I think has made a big difference to our midfield. A bit like Claros he isn't spectacular and cant see him scoring or creating many goals but he was absolutely everywhere today.

Deegan has looked ok when I've seen him but Taiwo certainly deserves to retain his place.

J-C
24-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Williams - 4 Bad day at the office for Big Ben. He'll bounce back though :aok:

Stevenson- 6 If he's going to play RB, he needs to learn to kick the baw with his right foot. Decent enough.

McPake- 7 Very good game from the skipper and got himself on the score sheet. Can't ask for much more.

Hanlon - 7 Turning into a very good CB. Progressed well this season.

McGivern- 6 Done well, but looked a little shaky near the end I thought.

Done- 6 Drifted in and out of the game. Looks a good addition though. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the left.

Claros- 9 My MOTM. Oozes quality and never let a couple of slack ones get to him. Keeps his composure, keeps posession. His tracking all over the park of GMS was admirable.

Taiwo- 7 Terrier like today. Very good shift and getting better each game IMO.

Robertson- 7 Excellent performance from him. Match sharpness returning after a dodgy start to his Hibs career and got forward well. Good passer.

Cairney- 6 I like him, but think he should be more decisive in the final third. Drifts in and out of games and had a quiet second half.

Griffiths- 8 Brilliant from him again. Workrate, skill, finishing. We're lucky to have him.

Subs:
Doyle- 4 Crucial loss of posession, but won a couple of free kicks high up the park.

Handling- No time for any form of impact.

I honestly can't believe you've just typed that, Stevenson was superb today, can't see much problem with his right foot, if it wasn't for Griffiths he would've been very close to getting MOM, or maybe you're still a bit peeved your love child has been dropped from the squad altogether.

Wotherspiniesta
24-02-2013, 09:03 PM
I honestly can't believe you've just typed that, Stevenson was superb today, can't see much problem with his right foot, if it wasn't for Griffiths he would've been very close to getting MOM, or maybe you're still a bit peeved your love child has been dropped from the squad altogether.

Everytime he got the ball, he was having to cut inside onto his left peg and on the couple of occasions he was forced to play the ball with his right foot, he sclaffed it out of play. He was also caught drifting inside on a couple of occasions that left a lot of space down the wing. Perhaps I'm nitpicking a little. I've got no problem with Stevenson in the team. I think you know what you're going to get with him and he's very rarely let himself or the team down. I thought he was alrite today, but if he's to be long term option at RB, he'll have to adapt accordingly and learn to use his right foot.

As for your bit in bold, I'll tell you this.... I'm a Hibs fan. Not a Wotherspoon fan. If we're playing well (which we did today) and getting points, I couldn't give a flying one who's in the team, so don't be so utterly pathetic.

HoboHarry
24-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Everytime he got the ball, he was having to cut inside onto his left peg and on the couple of occasions he was forced to play the ball with his right foot, he sclaffed it out of play. He was also caught drifting inside on a couple of occasions that left a lot of space down the wing. Perhaps I'm nitpicking a little. I've got no problem with Stevenson in the team. I think you know what you're going to get with him and he's very rarely let himself or the team down. I thought he was alrite today, but if he's to be long term option at RB, he'll have to adapt accordingly and learn to use his right foot.

As for your bit in bold, I'll tell you this.... I'm a Hibs fan. Not a Wotherspoon fan. If we're playing well (which we did today) and getting points, I couldn't give a flying one who's in the team, so don't be so utterly pathetic.
The wee man was born with the left as his stronger foot. But I will take your suggestion seriously, (for a moment at least) and ask you how long you think we should give him to learn to able to play equally as well with his right?

HibbyAndy
24-02-2013, 09:14 PM

He's a natural left footer being asked to play RB, i thought LS was more than excellent today, His distribution was great bar one or 2 moments like you say. But he totally nullified GMS out the game today, Many players can say that?.

Nitpicking indeed.

I also don't see LS playing RB long term as i see him playing LB 'When' Mcgivern leaves in the summer.

A left footer playing RB , Had a fab game IMO.

Wotherspiniesta
24-02-2013, 09:16 PM
The wee man was born with the left as his stronger foot. But I will take your suggestion seriously, (for a moment at least) and ask you how long you think we should give him to learn to able to play equally as well with his right?

I dunno? As long as he's asked to play there?? He's being asked to play out of position and doing a decent job of it. I'd much rather have him there than Maybury. He's adapted rather well to the position, but what I'm saying is if he wants to make RB his own, then he'll have to learn how to kick the ball with his right foot, otherwise he could find himself on the bench when Clancy is back.

Paisley Hibby
24-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Williams 5 - Poor for the goal, made a couple of good saves, almost got the penalty.

McGivern 7 - Good going forward in the first half, solid defending in the second half. Never a penalty.

McPake 8 - Scored, dealt very well with Daly when he went up front

Hanlon 7 - Solid

Stevenson 9 - Wee terrier fought hard and well against Mackay-Steven, MoTM

Done 6 - Wasn't too bad, didn't offer much really

Robertson 7 - Fought well

Taiwo 8 - Very good, especially in the first half, did well going forward and fought hard.

Claros 7 - See Robertson

Cairney 6 - Good in the first half, anonymous in the 2nd

Griffiths 8 - Superb. What a goal.

Doyle 5 - Poor

Handling - No Time

Wouldn't disagree with any of that except I'd give Griffiths a 10 :greengrin

HFC 0-7
24-02-2013, 09:36 PM

Definately nit picking! Stevenson had a couple of slack passes and you think he needs to do better, Claris has a couple of slack passes and you said he didn't let it get to him. Stevenson, playing out of position played so well and stopped a very tricky and effective player in Stevens so much that he switched wings. Most right backs playing in the correct position struggle with Stevens.

Every player has a few slack passes and nearly all of them switch to their favoured foot when they can. Think you are being a bit harsh on him.

R'Albin
24-02-2013, 09:42 PM
He's a natural left footer being asked to play RB, i thought LS was more than excellent today, His distribution was great bar one or 2 moments like you say. But he totally nullified GMS out the game today, Many players can say that?.

Nitpicking indeed.

I also don't see LS playing RB long term as i see him playing LB 'When' Mcgivern leaves in the summer.

A left footer playing RB , Had a fab game IMO.

Completely agree, our MotM behind Leigh IMO :agree:

J-C
24-02-2013, 10:51 PM

Unfortunately your recent ramblings re Wotherspoon has on occasion had a few other posters debating rather vigorously, his worth to the team.

When Lewis is mentioned as possible MOM behind Griffiths you say, he played ALRITE, I don't think Lewis will be the long term RB but at least give him credit for what was a very good performance.:confused:

Wotherspiniesta
24-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Unfortunately your recent ramblings re Wotherspoon has on occasion had a few other posters debating rather vigorously, his worth to the team.

When Lewis is mentioned as possible MOM behind Griffiths you say, he played ALRITE, I don't think Lewis will be the long term RB but at least give him credit for what was a very good performance.:confused:

My rambling on Wotherspoon has folk debating his worth to the team? I think you'll find that folk were debating that before I gave my opinion. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you're the one bringing him up :rolleyes:

Aye, Lewis was mentioned as possible MOTM by some folk. Not by me. I thought there were better performers out there. Lewis did alright, but I think folk single-handedly praising him for keeping GMS quiet need to watch the game back. He was doubled up on many times and I thought wee Jorge tracked him all over the park, whilst still finding space, keeping posession and dictating the midfield. That's why he was my MOTM....If that's ALRITE with JC of course :wink:

Oh, and I thought Wotherspoon played a blinder! :agree:

basehibby
25-02-2013, 12:42 AM
A greatly encouraging performance as even if we didn't get all the points we were the better team in a fixture we might have been expected to struggle in.

The goals conceded could both come into the "unlucky" category while we were well worth our brace with every player doing their job well, with the unusual exception of Williams who's momentary lapse cost us the opener.

Good performances throughout the team with my special mentions going to :

Stevenson - continues to defy his critics by turning in creditable performances wherever and whenever required. Thought he had a particularly good shift today keeping Mackay Stevens V quiet and linking up well.

Claros - Went about his task with zest and flair looking the classiest operator out of two good midfields. Would have been my MOM but for....

Griffiths!!! - not far off a 10/10 from Leigh - showed energy and enthusiasm for the game throughout with some good linkup play and WHAT A GOAL!!! Deserved to be the winner displaying the sort of skill that makes it WELL worth the admission money :aok:

monktonharp
25-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Griffiths was absolutely brilliant today, no contest for man of the match. Honourable mentions for Taiwo, Stevenson, McPake, McGivern, Hanlon. Robertson looked great in 1st half and could be an excellent signing.:agree:a big 10 for Griffiths. 9 for taiwo, who was everywhere.the others you mention were also impressive today. the best i've seen Hibernian play in a long long while. the goalie was to blame in 8 mins, but Rankin got lucky. Williams almost got to the penalty kick, which would have been justice!

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2013, 09:09 AM
I'd give everyone an 8, with Taiwo getting an 8 and a half and Griffiths a 9. Like others have said, our midfield presssed and pressed but the difference yesterday was where they pressed. The team pressed much further up the park than usual, and thats because i believe we now have the players to do this.

Its taken a while, but the 5 midfielders are all comfortable on the ball, they are all decent tacklers and while Done has not delivered many crosses, he does travel with the ball well and retains it well.

We got forward yesterday as a team, not just humping the ball but playing controlled football. We did do this early in the season, but we were always light in numbers and some were running on empty before the winter break.

A couple of decent buys, and we now have the push we needed to go on again. We are still not world beaters, but we have a much better side than previous seasons, and whoever we sign next season will be added to a much better squad and have a much better chance of kicking on from a higher base giving us a better chance of success.

:pfgwa

Hibby 2005
25-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Solid performance and pressed really well although Claros's distribution was woeful.

Thought Fenlon could have put a sub on earlier in midfield as one or two looked knackered.

khib70
25-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Watched it on the tellybox so don't want to do ratings. But it was a thoroughly good watch. Especially in the first half the passing was crisp and incisive, and the ball was on the deck most of the time. Claros, Taiwo and Robertson effectively bossed the midfield and provided enough service to prevent LG being the lone figure of recent weeks. Gutting that we didn't get the three points, especially with the ludicrous penalty call, but a pleasure to see Hibs playing with a bit of style again. Only worry would be the old bad habit of sitting too deep on a lead, but that should be cured by the increased confidence a performance like this will generate.

Well done all concerned