PDA

View Full Version : We look like a team

inglisavhibs
24-02-2013, 04:32 PM
What a difference with forward thinking midfield players, getting up to support and also running behind the other teams back four. Even if they lose today I see some real hope.

Andy74
24-02-2013, 04:40 PM
What a difference with forward thinking midfield players, getting up to support and also running behind the other teams back four. Even if they lose today I see some real hope.

We look back to how we played for the first quarter of the season. Getting an extra couple of players in has helped as the form had shaded from our attacking players.

BoltonHibee
24-02-2013, 04:41 PM
This is the best I've seen Hibs play for years

HibeeSince85
24-02-2013, 04:59 PM

We've played as good as this before this season. That's what made that horrible run of form the more frustrating.

Franck Stanton
24-02-2013, 05:13 PM
We've played as good as this before this season. That's what made that horrible run of form the more frustrating.

Exactly, it's not that we cant do it - more like we dont do it often enough.

Fergus52
24-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Great Performance.

Raging at the ref

Keith_M
24-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Surely there are positives to take from today's game. Yes, that's a kick in the baws to lose 2 points to a late dodgy penalty but by all accounts Hibs were very much improved and played much better, attacking football.

Malthibby
24-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Don't believe we have played like that this season, certainly not at ER. 10, 15, 20 minutes at a time meybes but today we played for almost the entire match.
really good to see. Need to have a plan B when we don't have Griffiths though, just replacing him with Doyle just doesn't work.
Refs an erse & robbed us.
GG

Prawn Sandwich
24-02-2013, 05:29 PM

Yes, I agree with that. Lost two goals from a mistake and a dodgy penalty. Good passing football.

Elephant Stone
24-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Proud of the team after that. Sickener of a decision but we did all we could to take all 3 points and that's all I can ask. Looking forward to Killie.

RyeSloan
24-02-2013, 05:30 PM

True but a season is a long time and sometimes form will go up and down.

Think we have just been too used to our form deserting us and never returning....hopefully we can look forward to a wee run of good form now.

Shocking decision from the ref but we got a bit untidy in the last 10 and paid the price.

All in all though an excellent performance and very hearing to see :flag:

JollyGreenGiant
24-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Brilliant performance from Hibs, controlled the game, gave them a goal of a start, scored 2 good goals, and the ref gave them a goal!!!

But the best performance I have seen at Tannadice for a long time!

GGTTH

GlenrothesHibee
24-02-2013, 05:33 PM

Shhhh you will upset a few on here

Heisenberg
24-02-2013, 05:35 PM
If Deegan gets back into that midfield on wednesday I'll be raging.

hfc rd
24-02-2013, 05:37 PM

Me too. The same starting XI for me against Kilmarnock.

Stevie Reid
24-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Really pleased with the team performance today, very optimistic for the future, especially with Liam Craig to come in too.

hfc rd
24-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Really pleased with the team performance today, very optimistic for the future, especially with Liam Craig to come in too.

Maybe Kevin Thomson as well?

neil7908
24-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Really gutted after that, was tempted to start moaning but remembering how I felt after coming back from the St Johnstone game has put things in perspective.

We were excellent for 75 minutes today, passed the ball well, midfield supported the forwards, defence looked solid and Mackay-Steven and Russell were non-existent.

Then of course Leigh goes off and we lose all attacking edge and as the game gets into the final minutes you could see us getting deeper and deeper. As soon as we do that your asking for trouble.

But again, after the St Johnstone game I really feared for our season. We'll lose a few more before the end of the season but if we play like today we can give anyone in the league a run for their money. Just hope that Leigh's injury isn't too bad.

DaveF
24-02-2013, 05:44 PM
We look back to how we played for the first quarter of the season.

I only saw the 1st half but I was really impressed with Hibs. Working hard, playing it on the deck and excellent interplay.

Hopefully that continues for the rest of the season.

neil7908
24-02-2013, 05:44 PM

Spot on, the current 5 across the middle deserve to keep their places. Thought maybe Deegan could have come on earlier as Claros and Cairney looked knackered but the team that started today deserves to continue.

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2013, 05:45 PM

When you only make one game a season monkey boy, its not difficult?

JollyGreenGiant
24-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Shhhh you will upset a few on here

Yep, totally agree! Best team performance of the season, best 11 players, best formation! (Maybe Clancy in place of Stevenson)

Robbed of 2 points today, but onwards and upwards, would have taken 4 points from 2 away games!

In Paddy we trust!!

Stevie Reid
24-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Really gutted after that, was tempted to start moaning but remembering how I felt after coming back from the St Johnstone game has put things in perspective.

We were excellent for 75 minutes today, passed the ball well, midfield supported the forwards, defence looked solid and Mackay-Steven and Russell were non-existent.

Then of course Leigh goes off and we lose all attacking edge and as the game gets into the final minutes you could see us getting deeper and deeper. As soon as we do that your asking for trouble.

But again, after the St Johnstone game I really feared for our season. We'll lose a few more before the end of the season but if we play like today we can give anyone in the league a run for their money. Just hope that Leigh's injury isn't too bad.

Dundee Utd pressed us back in the last 15, which is to be expected of the home team. We played a high tempo all game so our midfield were knackered and Doyle couldn't get into the pace of the game - we didn't just sit in.

Billychaotic182
24-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Robertson was outstanding today

BoltonHibee
24-02-2013, 05:51 PM
When you only make one game a season monkey boy, its not difficult?

I wondered when the Blackpool Trumpet would be along

I go to many games, I just don't tell you :)

SouthamptonHibs
24-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Well done Hibs, played some good football today hail hail. Hope Leigh is fit for Wed he is our only real goal threat as he is at the Heart of everything going forward. Take a bow what a goal

Russell The Dug
24-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Good solid peformance today. We need to stop replying on Leigh too much though. Thought the whole side played well. TT was my mom.

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2013, 05:59 PM
I wondered when the Blackpool Trumpet would be along

I go to many games, I just don't tell you :)

Do any of them involve you not rubbing deep heat into kids groins? :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
24-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Watched the game in the pub and was impressed. Passing and movement were great. Chalk and cheese compared to the St Johnstone game. Still need 6 points v Killie and yams to make top 6 though but we will if we play like the first 70 mins.

IFONLY
25-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Spot on, the current 5 across the middle deserve to keep their places. Thought maybe Deegan could have come on earlier as Claros and Cairney looked knackered but the team that started today deserves to continue.

Earlier than when?????

Ritchie
25-02-2013, 12:19 PM
much better..... but lets not get carried away.

This is Hibs we are talking about!! :greengrin