PDA

View Full Version : Which Edinburgh Club Would You Buy?

Mikey
23-02-2013, 08:39 PM
If you were looking to spend a few bob on a football team, which of these criteria would tick the boxes for you?.........

Debt of around £7m
or
Debt of £22m according to the last accounts, but likely to be considerably higher now

Completed, fully UEFA and FIFA compliant stadium
or
Run down, non compliant stadium

Fully owned training centre
or
Rented training facility

A manager in situ who is improving the team on a tight budget
or
A manager who is a complete arse

Why would anyone in the market for a football team in Edinburgh choose them?

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2013, 08:42 PM
If you were looking to spend a few bob on a football team, which of these criteria would tick the boxes for you?.........

Debt of around £7m
or
Debt of £22m according to the last accounts, but likely to be considerably higher now

or

or
Rented training facility

or

Money laundering? :dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2013, 08:46 PM

Debt of around £7m
or

or

or
Rented training facility

or

Difficult one, when put like that....:greengrin

Ozyhibby
23-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Only one is for sale though, thankfully.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Both, 1 team in The Capital! The infrastructure is already in place!

gegs70
23-02-2013, 08:51 PM
It depends how much would it cost to buy each club? It wouldnt take much money to be a success in Scotland and get some European Experience, but how many millions would they need to put in to make an impact in Scotland and then in Europe?

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-02-2013, 08:52 PM

Not too sure thats the case.

gegs70
23-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Hearts are playing youngsters so if they give them 2-3 years experience may be worth something? Thats kind off how we got our crop of youngsters from that made us a few quid!

Also you need to factor in that as well as the debt, cost of the ground etc, hearts may need an upgrade to the stadium which may cost a few million?

cocopops1875
23-02-2013, 08:59 PM

Not too sure thats the case.

What HUTCHYHIBBY says :wink: We are "For Sale" just not actively seeking buyers :agree:

MrSmith
23-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Given I'm bonkers, got money to burn, crime syndicates to look after, a bank, a multinational global institution worth £0, it would have to be the brown team!

Sir David Gray
23-02-2013, 09:12 PM
There's more than one football team in Edinburgh? :confused:

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2013, 09:16 PM

Debt of around £7m
or

or

or
Rented training facility

or

So if I was in a position to buy one club, run it into the ground, strip it's assets and close it down to sell the land on................let me think :greengrin

ronaldo7
23-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Buy the two, turn one into a car park, let Hibernian prosper and eat cake and custard every night.

M6hibee
23-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Hearts cos although its bad at the moment, you have to remember all those loyal 400,000 ready to answer the call to arms

Iggy Pope
23-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Hearts are playing youngsters so if they give them 2-3 years experience may be worth something? Thats kind off how we got our crop of youngsters from that made us a few quid!

Also you need to factor in that as well as the debt, cost of the ground etc, hearts may need an upgrade to the stadium which may cost a few million?

Think you're taking the question a bit too literally Gegs

Cabbage East
23-02-2013, 09:56 PM
If you want to launder baking powder, marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles, there's only one choice.

gegs70
23-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Buy the two, turn one into a car park, let Hibernian prosper and eat cake and custard every night.

Rock n Roll.....!!

gegs70
23-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Think you're taking the question a bit too literally Gegs

Aye possibly...had a cple of drinks now....

TrickyNicky
23-02-2013, 10:51 PM
i don't think anyone here could do as good a job as their present Hibby owner!

Eyrie
23-02-2013, 11:11 PM
I'd buy Hearts, complete with all their debt.

Then I'd scale back their football operations to reflect their actual income, less the debt repayments that now have to be made. And so my new purchase will be relegated. This will have an effect on attendances, and the reduced income means a further scaling back and another relegation. By now the club is struggling to meet the debt repayments, so I'd have to sell off the PBS to clear some of the debt and groundshare at Livingston. Inevitably this would upset the supporters and I'd find that they're boycotting the club in a bid to force me to sell. Instead I reduce expenditure to reflect the lower income and another relegation would result. Unfortunately no further relegations* are possible and so I'm left with a struggling Third Division club which is slowly reducing its remaining debt. Eventually after thirty or forty years the debt is gone, but by this point there are few fans left and so no prospect of Hearts ever building themselves back up into a SPL team again. This makes certain that they can't escape from their current predicament by doing a Sevco.

And I expect those of you queueing to buy Hibs to fully exploit my ownership of Hearts to make certain that there is only one team in Edinburgh.

*Unless we can get a pyramid structure, in which case I'll keep up the good work.

ScottB
24-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Last time round the only person interested in buying Hearts will probably eventually be revealed to have done it for money laundering purposes, or as part of an all encompassing delusion.

In short, no serious businessman stepped up last time to buy them, this time round we still see nobody with hard cash to put down (I understand that some of these FOH guys might well be fairly rich but frankly their reluctance to actually put their own cash in shows the attitude that gets people rich and keeps them that way) and now there won't be an insane Russian crook to bail them out.

So yeah, other than some non existent super rich fan, the only reason to buy them and not us has been for criminal intent, they were desperate then, they are more desperate now. Look at Vlad still fleecing money out their fans now. A Whyte style crook could easily be taking note.

But would I buy Hibs? Hell no. Well, thinking in straight logical terms. There's no chance of making any real money back. Sure, if I was super rich I'd do it for emotional reasons, but if we are weighing up a business decision here, yes, we make a lot more sense than they do, but there's not going to be anyone queueing up to buy us either.

The important point is that we don't need there to be. They do.

Hibernia&Alba
24-02-2013, 01:47 AM
I would certainly buy the maroon giants who are, after all, in the top bracket of world football, tussling with Real Madrid and Manchester United as the pre-eminent global power. Look at the bulging trophy cabinet of Edinburgh's 'big team' and tell me how tiny club Hibernian could ever compete with such greatness. Buying into the history of the Gorgie giants is like buying a piece of magic, as winning th Scottish Cup proves. You can't buy class, as their crumbling stadium exemplifies!

GlenrothesHibee
24-02-2013, 07:49 AM

Debt of around £7m
or

or

or
Rented training facility

or

Because they are a big team and we are a wee team?

Bostonhibby
24-02-2013, 11:05 AM
I'd buy Hearts, complete with all their debt.

Then I'd scale back their football operations to reflect their actual income, less the debt repayments that now have to be made. And so my new purchase will be relegated. This will have an effect on attendances, and the reduced income means a further scaling back and another relegation. By now the club is struggling to meet the debt repayments, so I'd have to sell off the PBS to clear some of the debt and groundshare at Livingston. Inevitably this would upset the supporters and I'd find that they're boycotting the club in a bid to force me to sell. Instead I reduce expenditure to reflect the lower income and another relegation would result. Unfortunately no further relegations* are possible and so I'm left with a struggling Third Division club which is slowly reducing its remaining debt. Eventually after thirty or forty years the debt is gone, but by this point there are few fans left and so no prospect of Hearts ever building themselves back up into a SPL team again. This makes certain that they can't escape from their current predicament by doing a Sevco.

And I expect those of you queueing to buy Hibs to fully exploit my ownership of Hearts to make certain that there is only one team in Edinburgh.

*Unless we can get a pyramid structure, in which case I'll keep up the good work.

:faf: Is that you Mr Romanov? if so well done on achieving most of this despite the SFA conspiracy.

SMAXXA
24-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Spartans

Bostonhibby
24-02-2013, 11:28 AM

Debt of around £7m
or

or

or
Rented training facility

or

The war? :confused:why didn't you mention the war?

They always do but I think they got away with it

jdships
24-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Spartans

:agree::thumbsup:

KeithTheHibby
24-02-2013, 12:33 PM

Debt of around £7m
or

or

or
Rented training facility

or

That's likes saying would you rather put your nuts in a vice or have them caressed by a top bit of totty.

Keith_M
24-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Spartans, they have much less debt than the others.

Cr*p, too late, read the other posts before replying

Russell The Dug
24-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Why does Farmer not put a bid in for hearts? It would be epic.

LeighLoyal
24-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Wouldn't touch Hearts with a bargepole, but if I'd had the £5m I'd have bought the hun assets last year and shut them down. Pretty sad that nobody stepped up and did that for the nation's sake. A paltry £5m to expunge the nation's soul of evil.

Skanko79
24-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I would buy edinburgh city and turn them into meadowbank thistle again........

Mikey
24-02-2013, 02:00 PM
On a slightly serious note, I would think that Hibs would be cheaper to buy. I don't think STF would be difficult to deal with if the right person came along, although he'd almost certainly want back the £5m he spent on the north and south stands.

The good thing for us is that he would only sell if it was "the right person".