PDA

View Full Version : Harlem shake

Billychaotic182
23-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Don't know of any of you have seen this Internet trend called the Harlem Shake. Well Now football teams like Man City, Dundee Utd and now livi have done a video. Wonder if our Hibees will do
one?

Here is livi's one think its our Callum Booth with the animal head haha

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPNNo1VGlPA

Allant1981
23-02-2013, 11:46 AM
the laddie of a woman i used to work with is also in this, seen it on facebook the other day. Hibs.net should get doing it at a game!!

Wembley67
23-02-2013, 12:05 PM
I dunno if I have just aged dramatically in the last few weeks but I find this incredibly embarrassing for all parties involved!!

And the new 'craze' is the unbelievably unfunny Gallon Smashing - why??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glgblV7Un_g

Hibbyradge
23-02-2013, 12:08 PM
I dunno if I have just aged dramatically in the last few weeks but I find this incredibly embarrassing for all parties involved!!

Utterly pathetic.

It's just a step down from smashing bus stop windows.

wearethehibs
23-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Just like Ganman style, I hated it at first but its grown on me. Some of the 1s on you tube are quite good.

marti1875
23-02-2013, 12:32 PM

THIS :agree:

Thank god i'm not the only one who thinks the same...i find it completely cringeworthy and just plain friggin annoying as i did with that equally awful gangnam style crap....

I watched a tiny bit then no more, please god, Hibs do NOT do a version....:greengrin

surreyhibbie
23-02-2013, 12:49 PM
THIS :agree:

Thank god i'm not the only one who thinks the same...i find it completely cringeworthy and just plain friggin annoying as i did with that equally awful gangnam style crap....

I watched a tiny bit then no more, please god, Hibs do NOT do a version....:greengrin

me too.. :agree:

wot a bunch of planks..

Billychaotic182
23-02-2013, 01:05 PM
You might not like it lads but it has taken off. If clubs such as Man City and even then Welsh open in snooker are doing it then there is a high demand for it. The Gallon smashing is daft though. Although I might only be saying this as I have worked in a shop and I'd be raging if I had to clean it up

marti1875
23-02-2013, 01:11 PM
You might not like it lads but it has taken off. If clubs such as Man City and even then Welsh open in snooker are doing it then there is a high demand for it. The Gallon smashing is daft though. Although I might only be saying this as I have worked in a shop and I'd be raging if I had to clean it up

Yep, each to their own and aw that....but that One Direction boy band crap have millions of followers but that doesn't make them talented singers/song writers though, just very good marketing and target the age group they think are silly enough to believe the hype... :greengrin

sbell1875
23-02-2013, 01:43 PM
That's fantastic!

LancsHibs
23-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Why???:confused: sorry I just don't get it, was it supposed be funny? First there was a bloke walk ino the team talk with lions head on and then they all appeared in their underpants for no reason! Is it a gay thing? Am I to believe that groups of men are replicating this and posting it on YouTube! I'm off to shoot myself:faint:

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Most people have a giggle at it hence the popularity of it spreading. Harmless fun and if it makes some people happy then fine.

marti1875
23-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Why???:confused: sorry I just don't get it, was it supposed be funny? First there was a bloke walk ino the team talk with lions head on and then they all appeared in their underpants for no reason! Is it a gay thing? Am I to believe that groups of men are replicating this and posting it on YouTube! I'm off to shoot myself:faint:

:thumbsup:

As Scouse Hibby has just said, yes, it's harmless "fun" for many....but i like to think my imagination and humour stretches the mind a bit further than a bunch of nearly naked men in pants prancing around to an absolute crappy annoying song......i've nowt against it though, just i personally find nothing at all funny about this whatsoever.... :greengrin

Rossco1875
23-02-2013, 02:41 PM
some harmless fun, people need to stop taking life so serious.:wink:

greenlex
23-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Masquerading as fun? WTF?

NOLA
23-02-2013, 03:01 PM
The norwegian army version is the best one I've seen to date, pointless but harmless fun.

sahib
23-02-2013, 03:03 PM

As I get older, I realise each generation is getting progressively more moronic. There must be some evolutionary advantage to the species, I suppose, but what that is escapes me.

Hainan Hibs
23-02-2013, 03:04 PM
I hope we don't do it. Complete and utter anti-Hibs class.

Amit
23-02-2013, 03:10 PM
East Stand Harlem Shake?

Think we could arrange this with Hibs?

Would be epic!

Rossco1875
23-02-2013, 03:12 PM
East Stand Harlem Shake?

Would be epic!

I would join in on that :thumbsup:

tamig
23-02-2013, 05:27 PM
East Stand Harlem Shake?

Would be epic!

I can feel the next Section 43 display being planned as we speak...

Billychaotic182
24-02-2013, 12:50 PM
East Stand Harlem Shake?

Would be epic!

That would be epic haha

people stop taking something that is just harmless fun to serious!

hfc rd
24-02-2013, 12:56 PM
East Stand Harlem Shake?

Would be epic!

If there was one planned, I'd definitely want to be there. It's just a laugh. Where is everyone's sense of humour?

Jack Hackett
24-02-2013, 01:16 PM
As I get older, I realise each generation is getting progressively more moronic. There must be some evolutionary advantage to the species, I suppose, but what that is escapes me.

Ditto! I despair

Edit

One of the advantages of this moronic de-evolution, is the hilarious highlighting of it by TV progs such as Mr T's 'Worlds Craziest Fools'. Laugh out loud funny