PDA

View Full Version : NHC Kris Boyd joining Kilmarnock

Baldy Foghorn
22-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Kris Boyd joining Kilmarnock until end of Season......Should score goals for them, have watched him scoring numerous goals against us, let's hope we can nullify him in the two games next week....

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2013, 08:13 PM
To sign for Killie tomorrow.
So will be eligible for next Sunday.

@bbcsportsound: Kris Boyd will sign for Kilmarnock tomorrow until the end of the season, subject to passing a medical #bbcsportsound

hibeemikey21
22-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Although on the face of it it seems like a very good signing, I'm dubious about how mobile he is these days. Top notch finisher, but seldom creates his own chances which he would have to do at killie.

Sheridan, Boyd and heffernan - probably the second strongest strike force in the SPL on paper

Wheat Hound
22-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Until Sevco are ready in September to get him back (perhaps like KT?).

Jonnyboy
22-02-2013, 08:32 PM
To sign for Killie tomorrow.
So will be eligible for next Sunday.

@bbcsportsound: Kris Boyd will sign for Kilmarnock tomorrow until the end of the season, subject to passing a medical #bbcsportsound

He'll be praying that doesn't include standing on the scales :wink:

Green Fish
22-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Anyone know if hes fit

California-Hibs
22-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Whats going on right now?! Have clubs been told to recruit former club hero's to enhance the league's quality?!

Motherwell - James Mcfadden

Kilmarnock - Kris Boyd

Hibs - Kevin thomson (possibly)

Who's going to be next?!

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
22-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Whats going on right now?! Have clubs been told to recruit former club hero's to enhance the league's quality?!

Motherwell - James Mcfadden

Kilmarnock - Kris Boyd

Hibs - Kevin thomson (possibly)

Who's going to be next?!

Medals Mackay to the tramps:cb

SteveHFC
22-02-2013, 08:35 PM
We could have signed him :rolleyes: :na na:

Saorsa
22-02-2013, 08:36 PM
We could have signed him :rolleyes: :na na:be quiet Steve. :agree:

Broken Gnome
22-02-2013, 08:38 PM
I ******* loathe Kris Boyd. Will be even more delightful if stuff them next week.

Will help the atmosphere a bit actually.

Cod Boy
22-02-2013, 08:40 PM
We could have signed him :rolleyes: :na na: na we have got kuqi

R'Albin
22-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Anyone know if hes fit

He hasn't been at any other point in his career, so I can't imagine he is now.

SteveHFC
22-02-2013, 08:43 PM
na we have got kuqi

:faf:

vanNISHtelroy
22-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Disappointed with this to be honest.

Screwed us over the first time he left with saying he was only going to them and they then came in with a lower offer than what they offered in the first place.

Money that could have been used elsewhere to either bring in a centreback or Ben Gordon til end of the season/longer term, rather than getting him fit for his return to Ibrox. Would rather see Heff or Sheridan play, Gros or McKenzie play there if needed and Muirhead coming off the bench to gain some experience.

Still good luck Boydie....hope you win me over!

NOLA
22-02-2013, 09:16 PM
if hes 50% fit he will score a boatload, this is the spl remember, good signing for the pies.

bingo70
22-02-2013, 09:20 PM
if hes 50% fit he will score a boatload, this is the spl remember, good signing for the pies.

He still needs people creating things for him though, in his last spell he had naismith, do they have anyone like that now? Don't think they do although I maybe just can't think of them the now.

Kaff
22-02-2013, 09:30 PM
He still needs people creating things for him though, in his last spell he had naismith, do they have anyone like that now? Don't think they do although I maybe just can't think of them the now.

His biggest problem will be that Killie are a counter attack team and for that i think you have to have a mobile front line...

Heisenberg
22-02-2013, 09:36 PM
If he gets a chance he'll put it in the net, it'll take him a whole lot of effort to make it into the area though as he'll most likely be a fat mess.

Jonnyboy
22-02-2013, 09:39 PM
If he gets a chance he'll put it in the net, it'll take him a whole lot of effort to make it into the area though as he'll most likely be a fat mess.

:music: Ten men couldnae carry, couldnae carry Boydy :music:

Sir David Gray
22-02-2013, 09:54 PM
He'll score goals for them, no doubts about it. This is the SPL after all.

Just hope we can give him some rough treatment in the league game next week so that he's out for the cup game!

Bostonhibby
22-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Although on the face of it it seems like a very good signing, I'm dubious about how mobile he is these days. Top notch finisher, but seldom creates his own chances which he would have to do at killie.

Sheridan, Boyd and heffernan - probably the second strongest strike force in the SPL on paper

Been a few ex OF "legends" with the mobility and build of a cement mixer that have scored a few times when we would have preferred them not to. Knowing our luck this lump of Horseflesh will emerge from the Iceland Vegetarian option freezer just long enough for the ball to bounce of his hind quarter into the net against us then he will disappear never to be heard of again.............

And I was worried about Heffernan :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
22-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Been a few ex OF "legends" with the mobility and build of a cement mixer that have scored a few times when we would have preferred them not to. Knowing our luck this lump of Horseflesh will emerge from the Iceland Vegetarian option freezer just long enough for the ball to bounce of his hind quarter into the net against us then he will disappear never to be heard of again.............

And I was worried about Heffernan :rolleyes:

A twin strike force of Heffernan and Heifer Man .............. gulp! :greengrin

Bostonhibby
22-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Disappointed with this to be honest.

Screwed us over the first time he left with saying he was only going to them and they then came in with a lower offer than what they offered in the first place.

Money that could have been used elsewhere to either bring in a centreback or Ben Gordon til end of the season/longer term, rather than getting him fit for his return to Ibrox. Would rather see Heff or Sheridan play, Gros or McKenzie play there if needed and Muirhead coming off the bench to gain some experience.

Still good luck Boydie....hope you win me over!

Agree with you re Heffernan, Is Boyd not now just a high carbohydrate Colin Nish? :wink:Hoping he will keep Heffernan out for the next couple of weeks, very good player at Notts County and always going to do well at SPL level.

Bostonhibby
22-02-2013, 10:06 PM
A twin strike force of Heffernan and Heifer Man .............. gulp! :greengrin

:greengrin will see their Heifer man and raise them two shefki's :offski:

silverhibee
22-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Good signing for Killie. imo

Hermit Crab
22-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Kris Boyd joining Kilmarnock until end of Season......Should score goals for them, have watched him scoring numerous goals against us, let's hope we can nullify him in the two games next week....

That's us oot the cup then.......

Bostonhibby
22-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Good signing for Killie. imo

:agree: Short term, joking aside this is my worry.

M6hibee
22-02-2013, 11:33 PM
If he does hurt us it will be more damning of our sefence than anything else

mikewynne
23-02-2013, 04:52 AM
The few games I've watch him play in the MLS he has appeared slow, unfit and unthreatening. I really don't think he is the player he used to be.

Don Giovanni
23-02-2013, 07:50 AM
:greengrin will see their Heifer man and raise them two shefki's :offski:

Impossible! The world's strongest man would struggle to lift one shefki, nevermind raise two of them!

O'Rourke3
23-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Has anyone checked to see if he's carrying a suspension yet :cb

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Has anyone checked to see if he's carrying a suspension yet :cb

Is that what's under his shirt.:greengrin

mca
23-02-2013, 04:59 PM
That`s the Local Pie Shop - expecting to make a Profit again.. :greengrin

Squealing pig
23-02-2013, 09:34 PM
The words mcpake and back pocket spring to mind.

StevesFamau5
23-02-2013, 10:54 PM
new rumour.. Nade back to yams :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

bingo70
24-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Didn't want to start another thread about killie but apparently there keeper should have been sent off and Aberdeen should have had pen yesterday, if that compliance officer, Vincent lunny is it? Picks up on that will cammy Bell be suspended for either of the games against us?

.Sean.
24-02-2013, 07:27 AM
The words mcpake and back pocket spring to mind.
Aye, because McPake's a superstar right enough.

Boyd's about as skillful as a baked tattie but he knows where the back of the net is and he'll score plenty in the SPL.

SouthamptonHibs
24-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Boyd will score plenty of goals in the SPL if he gets decent service. No idea how Killie can afford to pay him, Motherwell can afford to pay McFadden and good old Hibernian FC can`t afford a short term deal with Kevin Thomson! The world has went mad I tell yea, or is it Well and Killie want a wee boost to help them to push on for second place / Cup success?

3pm
24-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Boyd will score plenty of goals in the SPL if he gets decent service. No idea how Killie can afford to pay him, Motherwell can afford to pay McFadden and good old Hibernian FC can`t afford a short term deal with Kevin Thomson! The world has went mad I tell yea, or is it Well and Killie want a wee boost to help them to push on for second place / Cup success?

Maybe The Rangers are paying Boyd.

SouthamptonHibs
24-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Maybe The Rangers are paying Boyd.

Interesting thought, I'm sure I read this theory yesterday on the .net. Surely Boyd would rather play SPL than div 2 next year. I watched the Rangers game yesterday and couldn't`t stop laughing at how bad some of the players had become Wallace, shiels, black. Would enjoy us thumping them in the cup next season

vanNISHtelroy
24-02-2013, 07:58 AM

From what the chairman said on the radio yesterday, Kris is on less than we would think, was easy to deal with and most of his wages are based around where we finish in league and how we do in cup.

down-the-slope
24-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Anyone know if hes fat

:agree:

don't see how he fits into the style Killie play? they are quick mobile and interchange - cant see him fitting that mould. Surely Mr Total football is not going Hoofball style?

SouthamptonHibs
24-02-2013, 08:05 AM
From what the chairman said on the radio yesterday, Kris is on less than we would think, was easy to deal with and most of his wages are based around where we finish in league and how we do in cup.

Boyd signing is a positive move by Killie. With Boyd, McFadden and Thomson(hopefully) they should have all made there money by now as they have all had a few big moves. They still have plenty to offer footballing wise, maybe they are just interested in playing?
Let's hope Boyd has two poor games v the Hibees next week, massive March coming up for Hibs!