PDA

View Full Version : Europa League

theonlywayisup
21-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Lyon 1 - Spurs 0Metalist Kharkiv 0 - Newcastle 0Chelsea and Liverpool play later.Doesn't look like Newcastle have travelled with any subs!!!http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/66008000/jpg/_66008368_66008365.jpg

Greendub
21-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Ajax game is where it's at tonight!

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 07:00 PM
4/1 Zenit is a good price.

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 07:32 PM
The Reds will turn it around tonight.

Treadstone
21-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Latest :

Cluj 0 Inter 3 (Agg 0-5)

Get it up ye Paulo Sergio getting your clock cleaned from the Nerazzurri.

sundo1875
21-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Question- How is Lewis Holtby eligible to play for Tottenham in the Europa League when he has already played in the champions league this season (with Schalke 04), yet Daniel Sturridge is ineligible to play for Liverpool due to him playing in the champions league with Chelsea?

Hermit Crab
21-02-2013, 07:48 PM
What a goal spurs 1-1

wearethehibs
21-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Great goal from Spurs to go through (probably)

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Question- How is Lewis Holtby eligible to play for Tottenham in the Europa League when he has already played in the champions league this season (with Schalke 04), yet Daniel Sturridge is ineligible to play for Liverpool due to him playing in the champions league with Chelsea?

Because Chelsea are in the Europa League.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Jamie Carragher. :faf:

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 08:24 PM
The Reds will turn it around tonight.

Not now they won't...........................Carragher has ****** it

ronaldo7
21-02-2013, 08:27 PM
4/1 Zenit is a good price.

:agree: It's looking better now.:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Suarez

Hermit Crab
21-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Chelsea 0-1 down on the night.

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeees

Game back on :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
21-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Fernando Torres showing up well again.

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 09:22 PM
What a ****in goal! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees 3-3 AGG

Wotherspiniesta
21-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Fantastic free kick from Suarez.

3-1 Scousers.

1 more to get through...

Prediction= Stevie G raker.

MWHIBBIES
21-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Fantastic free kick from Suarez.

3-1 Scousers.

1 more to get through...

Prediction= Stevie G raker.Was thinking the same, all set up just like the Olympiakos game.

wookie70
21-02-2013, 09:36 PM
JJ Shelby - Huddy

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Out

Wotherspiniesta
21-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Chelsea through thanks to a Hazard bullet.

Liverpool- OOT.

Scottie
21-02-2013, 09:57 PM
What a ****in goal! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees 3-3 AGG

Hey Scouse your boys played some great fitba the night
:top marks
Back to like watching the great team they had in the 80s

wookie70
21-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Amazing effort and intensity from Liverpool. Got to feel really sorry for them and particularly Carragher for the mistake. I think the subs were poorly used by Rodgers. They never looked as dangerous in general play after the first 2 subs. Mind you they might have just run out of gas

Wotherspiniesta
21-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Amazing effort and intensity from Liverpool. Got to feel really sorry for them and particularly Carragher for the mistake. I think the subs were poorly used by Rodgers. They never looked as dangerous in general play after the first 2 subs. Mind you they might have just run out of gas

Why do you have to feel sorry for them? :confused:

Quite frankly, they were a little lucky to get past Hearts in the first round.

Greendub
21-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Ajax 2 steau 2 ET

Greendub
21-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Penalties

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Why do you have to feel sorry for them? :confused:

Quite frankly, they were a little lucky to get past Hearts in the first round.

:confused: Because they put in a great effort and nearly succeeded in getting the four goals required which after the terrible start looked extremely unlikely. The game against Hearts has **** all to do with it.

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey Scouse your boys played some great fitba the night
:top marks
Back to like watching the great team they had in the 80s

:greengrin Not quite but I get your sentiment.

Greendub
21-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Steaua go through

Booo

Scottie
21-02-2013, 10:56 PM
:greengrin Not quite but I get your sentiment.

Just reminded me at some stages tonight the slick passing and attacking fitba that Liverpool was renowned for when i was growing up :wink:

They tried to play the game the way it should be played tonight (on the deck,quick and attacking)

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Just reminded me at some stages tonight the slick passing and attacking fitba that Liverpool was renowned for when i was growing up :wink:

They tried to play the game the way it should be played tonight (on the deck,quick and attacking)

Had me on the edge of my seat when they insisted on playing it out from the back all of the time even when under pressure :greengrin

Scottie
21-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Had me on the edge of my seat when they insisted on playing it out from the back all of the time even when under pressure :greengrin

Thats what its all about though

I just wish Hibs would try playing through from the back instead of a big hoof up the park which nearly always puts us straight back under presure again by coming back at us.

Unfortunatly we dont have the players to play this style at the mo.
Would be great to see a passing team returned to us at Easter Road

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Thats what its all about though

I just wish Hibs would try playing through from the back instead of a big hoof up the park which nearly always puts us straight back under presure again by coming back at us.

Unfortunatly we dont have the players to play this style at the mo.
Would be great to see a passing team returned to us at Easter Road

Just sometimes you have to clear the danger and risk losing possession. Hibs a long way from having the players to do it unfortunately.

Wotherspiniesta
21-02-2013, 11:40 PM
:confused: Because they put in a great effort and nearly succeeded in getting the four goals required which after the terrible start looked extremely unlikely. The game against Hearts has **** all to do with it.

Liverpool got themselves in that position, so why should anyone "feel sorry" for them that they couldn't get out of the hole the dug for themselves?

What it boils down to is Liverpool are a second rate team, playing in a second rate cup competeiton who ended up second best.

Absolutely nae chance of sympathy.

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Liverpool got themselves in that position, so why should anyone "feel sorry" for them that they couldn't get out of the hole the dug for themselves?

What it boils down to is Liverpool are a second rate team, playing in a second rate cup competeiton who ended up second best.

Absolutely nae chance of sympathy.

Nah what it boils down to is the fact that you are a who can't see anything decent in a football match unless it involves a team that you follow. You certainly could never give any credit what so ever to any team that you see as a rival. I've seen plenty of folk like you come and go over the years and I just laugh at your blinkered stupidity.

jgl07
22-02-2013, 12:45 AM

There is no rule that playing in the Champions League cup ties anyone for the Europa League.

If you play in the Champions' League qualifiers which also act as qualifiers for the Europa this could disqualify a player from the Europa.

I can only assume that Chelsea ended up in the Europa and joined Liverpool in the last 32. It is rather tenuous though.

Hibernia&Alba
22-02-2013, 10:58 AM
I enjoyed the Liverpool game last night. They showed great spirit to keep going after a conceding the first goal and nearly completed the job. However, going out of the europe at the last 32 of the Europa League just isn't good enough for a club like Liverpool.

Hibee87
22-02-2013, 11:33 AM
I enjoyed the Liverpool game last night. They showed great spirit to keep going after a conceding the first goal and nearly completed the job. However, going out of the europe at the last 32 of the Europa League just isn't good enough for a club like Liverpool.

The spoiled it for themselves by bringin on Jonjo Shelvey who has to be one of the worst players ive seen....i genuinly dont think he would be good enough for hibs let alone Liverpool

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2013, 11:37 AM
There is no rule that playing in the Champions League cup ties anyone for the Europa League.

If you play in the Champions' League qualifiers which also act as qualifiers for the Europa this could disqualify a player from the Europa.

I can only assume that Chelsea ended up in the Europa and joined Liverpool in the last 32. It is rather tenuous though.

See my earlier post, he's ineligble because Chelsea were also in last 32 of Europa league, it was made quite clear weeks ago.

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2013, 11:39 AM
The spoiled it for themselves by bringin on Jonjo Shelvey who has to be one of the worst players ive seen....i genuinly dont think he would be good enough for hibs let alone Liverpool

:agree: Another mistake by Blunderon Rodgers, there have been countless, one of the most common ones is when he opens his mouth and talks ******.

hibby rae
22-02-2013, 11:47 AM
I think it should be remembered Liverpool are a team in transition at the moment and it may take a couple of years to finish the job. However, some of the stuff they've played this season has been a joy to watch and if they continue progressing at this pace I fully expect to see Liverpool challenging for all the major honours on a regular basis again. I will admit that I've always liked Liverpool and they are my "English team" so I will be a little biased! Regarding the Hearts game, Liverpool didn't play great but they didn't need to. As soon as Hearts scored Liverpool stepped up the required level and scored straight away to go through.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/liverpools-season-written-by-ken-loach-2013022260644

P.S. Gotta love The Daily Mash. Always come out with some belters.

Part/Time Supporter
22-02-2013, 11:50 AM
More likely that Suarez will act up and leave in the summer and then they're back to (worse than) square one. Although if he stays they could build a good team around him.

Crazyhorse
22-02-2013, 11:56 AM
I see they still went through against a team that sounds like an Anvil album.

Lyon 1 - Spurs 0Metalist Kharkiv 0 - Newcastle 0Chelsea and Liverpool play later.Doesn't look like Newcastle have travelled with any subs!!!http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/66008000/jpg/_66008368_66008365.jpg

Wotherspiniesta
22-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Nah what it boils down to is the fact that you are a who can't see anything decent in a football match unless it involves a team that you follow. You certainly could never give any credit what so ever to any team that you see as a rival. I've seen plenty of folk like you come and go over the years and I just laugh at your blinkered stupidity.

I was fairly impressed by Liverpool's response last night after going 3 goals down to the Russians. Infact I've been impressed by them quite a few times this season. I think Rodgers is a good manager and has them playing some good football on occasions, and in Sturridge and Suarez they have a lively front pair.

However, they're currently 7th in the Barclays Premier League, got knocked out the FA cup by Oldham Athletic, knocked out the League cup at home to Swansea, and have now been papped out of Europe by Zenit. As Rafa would say " These are the facts". They're no longer a force in Europe or in the EPL and at this moment in time, aren't even the best team in Merseyside :)....that clearly doesn't sit well with you so I can understand your frustration....

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2013, 07:47 PM
I was fairly impressed by Liverpool's response last night after going 3 goals down to the Russians. Infact I've been impressed by them quite a few times this season. I think Rodgers is a good manager and has them playing some good football on occasions, and in Sturridge and Suarez they have a lively front pair.

However, they're currently 7th in the Barclays Premier League, got knocked out the FA cup by Oldham Athletic, knocked out the League cup at home to Swansea, and have now been papped out of Europe by Zenit. As Rafa would say " These are the facts". They're no longer a force in Europe or in the EPL and at this moment in time, aren't even the best team in Merseyside :)....that clearly doesn't sit well with you so I can understand your frustration....

Nice try but no cigar!