PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson training with Hibs - Signing confirmed!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

s.a.m
21-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Kenny Millar‏@Kenny_MillarGreat catch by @McGregorDerek (http://www.hibs.net/McGregorDerek) in today's @scotsunsport (http://www.hibs.net/scotsunsport) about Kevin Thomson training back at Hibs. That one's sure to divide opinion

Hermit Crab
21-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Kenny Millar‏@Kenny_MillarGreat catch by @McGregorDerek (http://www.hibs.net/McGregorDerek) in today's @scotsunsport (http://www.hibs.net/scotsunsport) about Kevin Thomson training back at Hibs. That one's sure to divide opinion

Nope.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2013, 10:52 AM
the cuts to both feet must have cleared up?

Scooter
21-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Delighted even if he's just training

keep the faith
21-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Would be really happy if that was true.

007 Mickey Weir
21-02-2013, 11:10 AM
I am not sure. If it is a cheap deal on a pay per play. But I would rather spend funds on a right sided midfielder/winger.

We have plenty defensive central midfielders.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2013, 11:12 AM
If he's fit and anything like the player he was a few years ago then yes please.

If he's struggling at all then no thanks. We can't keep being a rehab clinic for ex players.

Hermit Crab
21-02-2013, 11:13 AM
the cuts to both feet must have cleared up?

Time is a healer for some people Blackpool. However in this case no thanks - I'm out.

pritchie
21-02-2013, 11:15 AM
we are covered in the centre midfield area! thomson is now injury prone and has only played a handful of games in the last year and i get the feeling that he would demand to much money

Alfred E Newman
21-02-2013, 11:15 AM
The word down these parts is that he is thinking about packing in.
I would guess he has asked for training facilities to keep fit till he makes that decision.

Big_Franck
21-02-2013, 11:20 AM
I would guess he has asked for training facilities to keep fit till he makes that decision.

I definitely don't want him back. One because of how he acted when he left the club (while being our captain), two because we already have three or four very similar central midfielders, and three because I have seen him play a few times for Middlesbrough over the last year and he has been gash.

MB62
21-02-2013, 11:21 AM

:agree:

Somebody needs to keep him fit for when Newco come calling again. Super:********; is laying the glass on the motorway as we speak I believe.

adhibs
21-02-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm disappointed we've even offered him facilities

scoopyboy
21-02-2013, 11:35 AM
I am not sure. If it is a cheap deal on a pay per play. But I would rather spend funds on a right sided midfielder/winger.

We have plenty defensive central midfielders.

How many will we have in a few weeks though?

Claros loan deal up.

Stevenson, Deegan out of contract.

Oh, all of a sudden we don't have too many.

3pm
21-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Oh, all of a sudden we don't have too many.

You know if there is any mileage in it?!

Don Giovanni
21-02-2013, 11:45 AM
If this is true then I'm quite surprised.

I would have thought with the way he left the club that he had 'burned his bridges' and would not be welcome at HTC.

Still, circumstances change, people grow up. KT disrespected the club in order to force a move 6 years ago, and although that still grates, is offering a Hibbie the opportunity to get fit and possibly prevent the end of his career such a bad thing?

Mikey
21-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Pat Fenlon doesn't strike me as the type who would provide training facilities as a favour for an old pal. If he is at East Mains then he's there to prove his fitness and get a deal.

andrew70
21-02-2013, 11:50 AM
If this is true then I'm quite surprised.

I would have thought with the way he left the club that he had 'burned his bridges' and would not be welcome at HTC.

Still, circumstances change, people grow up. KT disrespected the club in order to force a move 6 years ago, and although that still grates, is offering a Hibbie the opportunity to get fit and possibly prevent the end of his career such a bad thing?

I'd guess, the fact we have offered him training facilities is because we are looking to add him to our squad. Otherwise we may well have offered these before to others like Riordan.

I don't want Thomson back at the club after what occurred but as u say time moves on, Fenlon may well see an opening for a player of KT's obvious yet injury prone talent.

He was trying to win a move to Spain, Valladolid, IIRC so I don't think the giving up rumours are true. I hope nothing more comes of this but I don't think he's at East Mains for no reason.

scoopyboy
21-02-2013, 11:50 AM

No idea mate, but trust me I will find out very quickly.

First I have heard of it was on here.

MoscowHibs
21-02-2013, 11:58 AM
A fit and injury free K.T would be an asset to ANY spl club. My own opinion is we don't have anyone who comes near to the quality he would add to the team. Big deal, things were said when he left, so what.Why chastise the guy for what may not have been his exact words.He is an ardent supporter of the club and if he proves his fitness then I for one will welcome him back with open arms.We all say and do things we maybe don't mean so I think we should all forgive and forget.

scotiaf
21-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Surely if he was still able to keep fit, every one would want him ?

No matter if he left the way he did, or 5hat on someones floor and kissed there mum

if he helped the cause even for till the end of the season.. i would take him back

1two
21-02-2013, 12:03 PM
I'd be happy to have any new signing if they improve Hibs. If its KT then so be it.

It wouldn't change my opinion that he is a bit of a **** though

.Sean.
21-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Is he even that big a Hibby? If he's training with us I'm fairly sure his intention will be to sign.

He was an ******** when he signed for Rangers. Then again who's no an ******** at that age.

He's a quality player and if he's fit and wants to return are we in a position to turn him down?

Cabbage East
21-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Delighted even if he's just training

Why on earth would you be 'delighted' that he's training with us?

hibsmad
21-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Mixed feelings about this.

On the plus side, when with us previously he was absolutely outstanding. In my opinion he had more class on the ball than anyone else in the "golden generation". With this in mind I am prepared to forgive and forget if he was able to come in and do a job for us once more.

The down side for me is that I feel we may be opening ourselves up to him playing for us until the end of the season and then moving along the M8 once more should he prove to be a success. Seriously, if that happened I would feel physically sick that we allowed him the opportunity to do it to us once more.

jeffers
A fit and injury free K.T would be an asset to ANY spl club. My own opinion is we don't have anyone who comes near to the quality he would add to the team. Big deal, things were said when he left, so what.Why chastise the guy for what may not have been his exact words.He is an ardent supporter of the club and if he proves his fitness then I for one will welcome him back with open arms.We all say and do things we maybe don't mean so I think we should all forgive and forget.
Totally agree with this. While the comments attributed to him when he left weren't great I always felt his issue wasn't so much with Hibs but John Collins.

Scooter
Because a player of his ability and someone who came through at Hibs who is better to offer advise to the youngsters

jonty
21-02-2013, 12:08 PM
If he's fit and anything like the player he was a few years ago then yes please.

If he's struggling at all then no thanks. We can't keep being a rehab clinic for ex players.

JimBHibees
Would have no qualms about KT signing if Pat is happy for him to add to our squad. If he is anywhere near his best he will add to our team.

Hibbyradge
I'm delighted he's even rumoured to be training with us.

GreenOnions
21-02-2013, 12:09 PM

Really encouraging news. The only way these days that a club of our size can sign someone of Kevin's ability is due to age, injury or some such thing. Pat Fenlon won't sign KT or anyone else unless he thinks they can improve the team so we need to trust that. If Kevin can play at anywhere near his old ability level he would be a great signing.

Ok - so we all fell out six or seven years ago - but we're alll adults and maybe we'd all do some things differently given a second chance. No-one doubts the fact that Kevin is a strong Hibs supporter either. If he can get fit and impress Pat at East Mains it would be fantastic if we could get him signed IMHO.

HibbyAndy
21-02-2013, 12:13 PM
No thanks, He can **** off to Murray park and use the cheaters training facilities.

Hiber-nation
21-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Really encouraging news. The only way these days that a club of our size can sign someone of Kevin's ability is due to age, injury or some such thing. Pat Fenlon won't sign KT or anyone else unless he thinks they can improve the team so we need to trust that. If Kevin can play at anywhere near his old ability level he would be a great signing.

Ok - so we all fell out six or seven years ago - but we're alll adults and maybe we'd all do some things differently given a second chance. No-one doubts the fact that Kevin is a strong Hibs supporter either. If he can get fit and impress Pat at East Mains it would be fantastic if we could get him signed IMHO.

Usual OTT garbage by some on here.

IWasThere2016
21-02-2013, 12:19 PM

This - but we don't need ANOTHER CM!

Billy Whizz
21-02-2013, 12:20 PM
No thanks, He can **** off to Murray park and use the cheaters training facilities.

Eh

Andy74
21-02-2013, 12:20 PM
This - but we don't need ANOTHER CM!

He's probably as close to Claros as we'd get though and he might only be with us for a few more months? Agree its not a desperate need right now but you always have to be thinking of the next few years too.

IWasThere2016
21-02-2013, 12:23 PM
He's probably as close to Claros as we'd get though and he might only be with us for a few more months? Agree its not a desperate need right now but you always have to be thinking of the next few years too.

Totally agree Andy. I think KT is a superb player - but if there's scope in the budget for another player or two, I'd rather it was used to adreess the need we have in the short-term eg wide and upfront.

allezsauzee
21-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Poor man's Tom Taiwo

jacomo
21-02-2013, 12:29 PM
I'd be happy to have any new signing if they improve Hibs. If its KT then so be it.

It wouldn't change my opinion that he is a bit of a **** though

Thing is, I am just not sure what he offers nowadays. I thought Katie would end up in the Premiership but his general fragility put paid to that. If he's afraid to get kicked he won't be good enough even for the SPL.

Spike Mandela
21-02-2013, 12:33 PM
I was disappointed by his behaviour at time of leaving Hibs but he was young and naive and no matter what was a very talented player. If he is injury free and fit he is a better player than anything we have in midfield at the moment imo.

Paisley Hibby
21-02-2013, 12:34 PM

If he wants to keep fit then spending his days at East Mains playing pool and poker with the Hibs players is not going to help him. He'd be better going down the local baths.

WhileTheChief..
21-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Hope we manage to get him signed up. My fav player from Mowbray's days and couldn't care less about the way he left us. We got £2M+ ffs. Payers move on, deal with it!

allezsauzee
21-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Hope we manage to get him signed up. My fav player from Mowbray's days and couldn't care less about the way he left us. We got £2M+ ffs. Payers move on, deal with it!

I think most rational supporters accept that players move on, however the lack of respect shown to the club, the manager, his team mates and the supporters by KT is what rankles. I wouldn't object to him coming back on the basis on how he left. I'm just not convinced he would add much to the squad and would take up a wage.

Frazerbob
21-02-2013, 12:41 PM
After the disrespect he showed each and every single one of us and the club, I really can't see the club allowing the use of our facilities UNLESS we are looking to sign him.

Fans are fickle and will forgive. We forgave Murray for his antics whilst at Castle Greyskull. If the Merricks can forgive their public enemy number 1, Andy Webster, then I'm sure we will forgive Katie.

Personally, I was furious at the way Katie AND Scott Brown behaved and disrespected us however, if he can prove his fitness then I would be happy for him to sign. I wouldn't be rolling out the red carpet and welcoming him as a prodigal son though. I'd give him the opportunity to prove himself through his performances and attitude on the park.

givescotlandfreedom
21-02-2013, 12:45 PM
I hope he's seeing our players all right for cash. Poor wee lambs.

sleeping giant
21-02-2013, 12:47 PM
After the disrespect he showed each and every single one of us and the club, I really can't see the club allowing the use of our facilities UNLESS we are looking to sign him.

Fans are fickle and will forgive. We forgave Murray for his antics whilst at Castle Greyskull. If the Merricks can forgive their public enemy number 1, Andy Webster, then I'm sure we will forgive Katie.

Personally, I was furious at the way Katie AND Scott Brown behaved and disrespected us however, if he can prove his fitness then I would be happy for him to sign. I wouldn't be rolling out the red carpet and welcoming him as a prodigal son though. I'd give him the opportunity to prove himself through his performances and attitude on the park.

Great post and agree entirely :aok:

Beefster
21-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Sign him up.

Jack
21-02-2013, 12:52 PM
In a league that's so tight every point is a prisoner and anything that is in our power to improve our chances must be grabbed with both hands. That's all that matters at the end of the day.

Since90+2
21-02-2013, 12:59 PM
I really dont care whats went on in the past with KT from a moral / supporter standpoint.

The only question should be is if he is still anything like the player he was around 22 / 23. If the answer is yes then a deal to the end of the season similar to McFadden does no harm at all IMO.

scoopyboy
21-02-2013, 12:59 PM

Players are off today, AFAIK he hasn't been but will come back on if I hear any different.

Mikeystewart
21-02-2013, 01:00 PM

I think Kuqi was signed for the same reasons, Pat must have seen the clips on youtube.

Mikeystewart
21-02-2013, 01:02 PM
I really dont care whats went on in the past with KT from a moral / supporter standpoint.

The only question should be is if he is still anything like the player he was around 22 / 23. If the answer is yes then a deal to the end of the season similar to McFadden does no harm at all IMO.

This :agree:

Don't give a damn what he might of said 6 years ago.

hungryhibs
21-02-2013, 01:05 PM
a would not say no 2 signing kevin if he can prove his fitness he was a youth academy player who done well for us what he done was not his doing was his agent trying get him more money him and brown they both wanted to stay and had just signed new deals 6 month before all they asked was for better ages and would have stayed with use then they had a fall out with Collins then it was history

Since90+2
21-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Slightly off topic but when Thomson and Brown first broke into the team I always felt that it was Thomson who was the greater talent and would go on to achieve bigger things in the game (and I was probably in the minority with this view).

Interesting to see how both of their careers have panned out.

As much as Brown has his critics he is captain of Celtic and playing in the Champions League , probably earning about 25 grand a week and was made captain of Scotland a week or so back. Thomson is without a club and not done anything for years - could I have been more wrong :greengrin

Iceman1875
21-02-2013, 01:06 PM
I'd welcome him 'home'. He IS a hibs fan, has been all his life and I can't see money being the motivator in his next deal. He has a young family and will want to move closer to both sets of grandparents etc. Who cares what has happened, its in the past, if he can do a job (and IMO he will) then sign him up! Petrie!

Billy Whizz
21-02-2013, 01:07 PM

Remember we got big money for Thomson. Nothing for Riordan and Murray, so it's ok for them to comeback without too much hassle. Murray even got a testimonial that I never agreed with

Golden Bear
21-02-2013, 01:11 PM
I'd welcome him 'home'. He IS a hibs fan, has been all his life and I can't see money being the motivator in his next deal. He has a young family and will want to move closer to both sets of grandparents etc. Who cares what has happened, its in the past, if he can do a job (and IMO he will) then sign him up! Petrie!

Totally agree. It's not as if we're in a position to turn down players of his pedigree.

yekimevol
21-02-2013, 01:12 PM
If KT feels he can keep fit and play football i welcome him back home with open arms. He was a great player for us and i feel could be what we needs.

Golden Bear
21-02-2013, 01:15 PM
I seem to recollect that there was a "poll" conducted on Hibs Net sometime ago and there was a substantial majority in favour of a KT return to Hibs one day.

Maybe somebody can dig it out just out of interest?

Matty_Jack04
21-02-2013, 01:19 PM
If we got a deal in place for KT I'd be delighted we do have a lot of CM's that I agree with but KT had the ability to play a killer pass not a lot of the current midfield have shown that and it's something LG,cairney,done will love to have in the team instead of a ball near enough behind them constantly they might be able to run on to a pass for a change.

But if it where a deal to the end of the season Id knock it on the head straight away no good for us that scenario and there's every possibility he's off along to greyskull for 8k a week next year and we get egg on our face again

Since90+2
21-02-2013, 01:27 PM
If we got a deal in place for KT I'd be delighted we do have a lot of CM's that I agree with but KT had the ability to play a killer pass not a lot of the current midfield have shown that and it's something LG,cairney,done will love to have in the team instead of a ball near enough behind them constantly they might be able to run on to a pass for a change.

But if it where a deal to the end of the season Id knock it on the head straight away no good for us that scenario and there's every possibility he's off along to greyskull for 8k a week next year and we get egg on our face again

Thats exactly the type of deal we should be looking at.

We cant commit to a long term contract for a guy who has pretty much been injured for the past 3 seasons. A few games until the end of the season , see how he looks and if its works out offer a 2 year deal at the end of the season.

Russell The Dug
21-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Great news. He wants to be home. Sign him up hibs.

darwenhibby
21-02-2013, 01:34 PM

I hear what you are saying Matty, but in your first paragraph if he still has that ability to play the killer pass and it is the difference of us scoring chances to nick second and £2m, then lets get ourselves to that platform and possibly grow with a fitter younger player with similar ability.

If he went back along the M8 he would be finished by the time he faced us again.

Pay as you play deal until end of season for me.

Russell The Dug
21-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Has anyone ever had a pay as you play deal?

Give Kevin a deal until the summer with an option of us extending the deal if so wish. If we don't arse this up then we could have the best midfielder in Scotland playing for us next season.

MB62
21-02-2013, 02:08 PM

Give Kevin a deal until the summer with an option of us extending the deal if so wish. If we don't arse this up then we could have the best midfielder in Scotland playing for us next season.

we will already have the TWO best midfielders in Robertson & Craig :thumbsup:

Skanko79
21-02-2013, 02:11 PM
He's training with the huns and "apparantley" has offers from celtic and 3 other teams in england.

I was told this by his dads best mate.

Treadstone
21-02-2013, 02:12 PM

Bit surprised it was in The Sun wasn't aware Katie and Keith Jackson had split up. That can happen in long distance relationships, who got custody of the kids?

le bill
21-02-2013, 02:13 PM
He's training with the huns and "apparantley" has offers from celtic and 3 other teams in england.

I was told by a steak bake that this in fact utter mince pie

Skanko79
21-02-2013, 02:14 PM
I was told by a steak bake that this in fact utter mince pie

make of it what you will, im passing on what i was told.

Since90+2
21-02-2013, 02:23 PM

Really cant believe this. Why would Celtic be looking at him? They already have a squad of about 30 first team players.

IFONLY
21-02-2013, 02:28 PM

You are having a laugh,neither could lace Thomsons boots( if fit).

MB62
21-02-2013, 02:38 PM

That's your opinion obviously, I rate Liam Craig higher than the glass walker (even if the cuts have healed and he is fit, which is unlikely).

So far, this just appears to be a rumour somebody found through the 'sun' so I wouldn't be getting too excited him possibly training with us.

coco22
21-02-2013, 02:39 PM
I was in the 'very anti Thomson' camp when he left us, but I think I've mellowed since then. I now have no issues with his returning to ER if Fenlon thinks he is suitable. I would compare such a move with McFadden to Motherwell, although Thomson could be more of a risk in terms of injury damage.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2013, 02:41 PM

Neither can Thomson.

lyonhibs
21-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Is he even that big a Hibby? If he's training with us I'm fairly sure his intention will be to sign.

He was an ******** when he signed for Rangers. Then again who's no an ******** at that age.

He's a quality player and if he's fit and wants to return are we in a position to turn him down?

This :agree:

Folk saying we "have 2 or 3 similar players" to him make me smile. Yes, as in they have 2 legs, 2 arms and a heid and play in central midfield, but do they have the footballing intelligence and range of passing that Thomson has (or at least had)?? Never.

If he turns out to be a perma-injury prone crock who cant offer anything then get him out of EM, but, as mentioned above, Fenlon has no reason to get misty eyed over his first spell with us and offer facilities out of the goodness of his heart.

leggeto
21-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Sat next to him on the plane to Ireland when he first signed for biro and said he is still good friends with rod,so he is prob helping him out a bit while he is back home,would welcome him back but good player better than we have in midfield the now
:flag:

Ryan69
21-02-2013, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=Russell The Dug;3511963]Has anyone ever had a pay as you play deal?

George Best..

Russell The Dug
21-02-2013, 03:04 PM

Craig Robertson Thommo (an other) would be a quality midfield.

Russell The Dug
21-02-2013, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Russell The Dug;3511963]Has anyone ever had a pay as you play deal?

George Best..

Cool yonks ago then.

Russell The Dug
21-02-2013, 03:06 PM
That's your opinion obviously, I rate Liam Craig higher than the glass walker (even if the cuts have healed and he is fit, which is unlikely).

So far, this just appears to be a rumour somebody found through the 'sun' so I wouldn't be getting too excited him possibly training with us.

Amazing. Liam Craig better than a fit Kevin Thomson. Ladies and gents I've heard it all now.

Russell The Dug
21-02-2013, 03:07 PM

Complete rubbish mate.

Stevie Reid
21-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Would be delighted to have him back if the deals suits us.

Lucius Apuleius
21-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Sat next to him on the plane to Ireland when he first signed for biro and said he is still good friends with rod,so he is prob helping him out a bit while he is back home,would welcome him back but good player better than we have in midfield the now
:flag:

Did he pen that deal?

Baldy Foghorn
21-02-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm disappointed we've even offered him facilities

If true, that's how I feel too......Why can he not just go to the gym like everyone else? Don't want him anywhere near EM or indeed ER.....

J-C
21-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Decent ball playing midfielder, let me think..............................if he's reasonably fit, then play as you play sounds good to me, sign him.

MrRobot
21-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Need to get over it. If we got him signed up and he stayed injury free, he'd be starting every week. Cracking player, ruined through injury problems.

Stevie Reid
21-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Kevin Thomson has made 55 appearances in the last 3 years.

James McFadden has made 11 in the last two.

SMAXXA
21-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Would be delighted to have him back if the deals suits us.

A deal in Spain fell through a couple of weeks ago mate, the Huns have also been at him desperate to sign him

lyonhibs
21-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Amazing. Liam Craig better than a fit Kevin Thomson. Ladies and gents I've heard it all now.

I can only agree. Some folk eh?. A fit and motivated Kevin Thomson would be the best central midfielder in the SPL.

SMAXXA
21-02-2013, 03:33 PM
I can only agree. Some folk eh?. A fit and motivated Kevin Thomson would be the best central midfielder in the SPL.

Wouldnt be a patch on Victor Wagamama

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2013, 03:42 PM

There's the problem with that statement, anyone know when that last happened? I dont like him, but i'm not daft enough to think a fit Thomson wouldnt enhance our team.

I suppose the extra fans we'd get through the gate would pay for him anyway. :wink:

lyonhibs
21-02-2013, 03:44 PM

Ok, outwith Celtc (indeed outwith Wagamama, given as Celtc have managed to ruin the Scotty Brown we knew and loved) he'd be the best.

Either way, not the calibre of player we can afford to be turning down (of course, this could all be pish in the wind) if he's fit.

lyonhibs
21-02-2013, 03:50 PM

Ok, outwith Celtc (indeed outwith Wagamama, given as Celtc have managed to ruin the Scotty Brown we knew and loved) he'd be the best.

Either way, not the calibre of player we can afford to be turning down (of course, this could all be pish in the wind) if he's fit.

Squealing pig
21-02-2013, 03:54 PM

We heard u first time

GreenOnions
21-02-2013, 03:59 PM

Usual OTT garbage by some on here.

That's nice

Beefster
21-02-2013, 04:54 PM

Kieron Dyer has just signed one at Middlesborough.

big gogs
21-02-2013, 05:01 PM

discussing terms with rod petrie this afternoon

FranckSuzy
21-02-2013, 05:01 PM
BBCBMcLauchlin‏@BBCBMcLauchlinFormer Rangers midfielder Kevin Thomson is training with another of his previous clubs Hibs #bbcsportscot (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23bbcsportscot&src=hash)

DaveF
21-02-2013, 05:10 PM
As others have said, a fit Thomson would be a big asset to us.

If he can prove himself and wants to sign then I'll be happy with that.

lapsedhibee
21-02-2013, 05:12 PM
a would not say no 2 signing kevin if he can prove his fitness he was a youth academy player who done well for us what he done was not his doing was his agent trying get him more money him and brown they both wanted to stay and had just signed new deals 6 month before all they asked was for better ages and would have stayed with use then they had a fall out with Collins then it was history

Eh, naw they didnae.

Katie would indeed be a no 2 signing.

Shrekko
21-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Absolutely stunning that some fans prefer to dwell over what was supposedly said or done 6 years ago than welcome the prospect of a class player who's still only 28 coming back to play for the team he loves. Modern football mentality at its best/worst.

rcarter1
21-02-2013, 05:20 PM
It would appear that Fenlon was duped by the Kuqi deal regarding fitness, and he doesn't seem the kind of guy that will want to make the same mistake twice. If he reckons KT will do a job and is fit for it, I'm 100% for it.
He is no Sauzee in terms of personal charisma and class, but how many players are? Get him signed and lets look to push on, its going to be a real scrap for points next few months.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-02-2013, 05:21 PM
As others have said, a fit Thomson would be a big asset to us.

If he can prove himself and wants to sign then I'll be happy with that.

Im torn on this one. I agree to a point but what he did was to hugely disrespect our club and tarnish the role of captain which should be short of winning SC the pinnacle for any Hibs fan/player. Yet he allowed his agent to get a move at any cost (or so it appears) so a whole mountain of humble pie to be publicly consumed followed by commitment and kept promises. Then maybe... Just maybe....

Hibs should choose their captains mor wisely based on suitability rather than (IMO) use the role in the past to get around wage restrictions...

Viva_Palmeiras
21-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Absolutely stunning that some fans prefer to dwell over what was supposedly said or done 6 years ago than welcome the prospect of a class player who's still only 28 coming back to play for the team he loves. Modern football mentality at its best/worst.

How long do we give Sevco and Hearts about stuff said/done in the past? ;)

rcarter1
21-02-2013, 05:30 PM
From the Hibees Bounce forum its being said that RP has knocked the deal back. Any information to confirm/deny?

Shrekko
21-02-2013, 05:32 PM
How long do we give Sevco and Hearts about stuff said/done in the past? ;)

That can go on forever!

It just concerns me that theres little doubt he'd enhance the team but folk would be happier if he didnt come because of petty wee personal grudges. What's more important?

The fact the guy is prepared to even come and train with us knowing what some fans think of him shows something IMO.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Im not going to be fickle I will stick to what I thought those years ago the guys a disgrace to the jersey and I do not want him to have that honour again. I believe Hibs can get to a good place without being used for 4/5 months by his likes.

He can ++++ right off IMO. Offer him ++++ all Rod. Keep the money and invest it in a player in summer who might gives us a couple of seasons I would rather go down that route.

rcarter1
21-02-2013, 05:38 PM
That can go on forever!

It just concerns me that theres little doubt he'd enhance the team but folk would be happier if he didnt come because of petty wee personal grudges. What's more important?

The fact the guy is prepared to even come and train with us knowing what some fans think of him shows something IMO.

Exactly, forgive, forget and move forward..

Rangers and Hearts are what they are because they hold on to outdated morally suspect traditions, a win at ALL costs mentality, and a perverted sense of right and wrong.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 05:42 PM
That can go on forever!

Oh Hark at Kevin Thomson, how kind of him. Simply trying to get fit so he can get back to wages he has become used to more or less probably less but way out our structure.

lapsedhibee
21-02-2013, 05:44 PM

What does it show? That he doesn't care what Hibs fans think? Didn't we already know that? :confused:

Mark79
21-02-2013, 05:47 PM
If its true then it may indicate Claros wont be staying. Maybe sees Thomson as a similair player. Calm on the ball, reasonable distribution, and if I remember correctly won the odd tackle.

Big_Franck
21-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Im not going to be fickle I will stick to what I thought those years ago the guys a disgrace to the jersey and I do not want him to have that honour again. I believe Hibs can get to a good place without being used for 4/5 months by his likes.

He can ++++ right off IMO. Offer him ++++ all Rod. Keep the money and invest it in a player in summer who might gives us a couple of seasons I would rather go down that route.

This. He is half the player he used to be and shouldnt be allowed to **** on us again. Im sure the money can be better spent.

SMAXXA
21-02-2013, 05:48 PM

Hardly being used by him. If we signed him and he was the difference between us finishing second this year and he left and got a better money move, who's used who?

3pm
21-02-2013, 05:49 PM
I googled a few articles from 6 years ago.

Problem was more with Collins than Hibs.

Heisenberg
21-02-2013, 05:51 PM
He won't be anywhere near the same player as we had before. Would still do a job in this league obviously, the injuries are the main problem though. Wouldn't trust him to last any length of time without getting a serious injury.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Hardly being used by him. If we signed him and he was the difference between us finishing second this year and he left and got a better money move, who's used who?

Thats fine in your perfect scenario we might finish 2nd without him we might finish 7th with him, he can do one and we should keep our money for using in summer. I would rather we just didnt bother.

leggeto
21-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Did he pen that deal?

***** prediction text

Ryan69
21-02-2013, 05:55 PM
This. He is half the player he used to be and shouldnt be allowed to **** on us again. Im sure the money can be better spent.

If he was half the player...Id take that! He was pretty damn good!

hibbymick
21-02-2013, 06:03 PM
If this was hearts bringing some injury prone player back we would be ripping the proverbial out of them. I hope he can leave all those injuries behind him now though and kickstart his career again, but I doubt it very much.

MoscowHibs
21-02-2013, 06:04 PM
I cannae believe some of the negative posts on this thread. A lot of people were all for GoC returning knowing full well the coke situation at Birmingham, all this he is one of our own bull. Even when skelping cars aff bridges and doing a runner fae the Polis, GoC was the dogs doodahs. Putting things into context, what KT was supposed to have said is , in my opinion, no worse than the antics of Gaz. surely the guy can say sorry, I am committed to the jersey and let's start a fresh.

Jim44
21-02-2013, 06:06 PM
From the Hibees Bounce forum its being said that RP has knocked the deal back. Any information to confirm/deny?

The whole thing is probably a load of tosh, but if there was any mileage in it, I would hope Petrie's opposition would be based on finance and not on historical differences.

hungryhibs
Eh, naw they didnae.

Katie would indeed be a no 2 signing.

yes they did they where trying get more cash out of the rp then he had an argument with collins then that was it over ta ta kevin

SMAXXA
Thats fine in your perfect scenario we might finish 2nd without him we might finish 7th with him, he can do one and we should keep our money for using in summer. I would rather we just didnt bother.

That's it disregard someone with ability such as his regardless if maybe not as good as he was, just because of things that went on previously. I'm sure the Blackburn fans will get over the Bentley return once he starts producing the goods.

Na not some Hibs fans though, we can afford to turn a blind eye at recent Championship players with his ability.

hungryhibs
21-02-2013, 06:09 PM

thats what a was told from a very close friend of his

Aldo
21-02-2013, 06:11 PM
For me a fit KT would be a very good addition to the team/squad. He left ages ago. Don't care how or why he left tbh but if he was to produce some of the form previously shown by him that'll do for me.

Broken Gnome
21-02-2013, 06:12 PM

The utter crap he then proceeded to put his name to was then very much about Hibs.

He might have been badly advised, his column may have been ghost-written, the hot coals/broken glass along the M8 and thought of staying at Hibs making him sick... he might not have been the ringleader or main protagonist in his departure but he was very much complicit in the worst possible exit a Hibs captain could make. Worse than Benji, Brown, Riordan, Murray, probably all of them put together.

That said, he comes back and he gets support. Simple.

Shrekko
21-02-2013, 06:13 PM
That's it disregard someone with ability such as his regardless if maybe not as good as he was, just because of things that went on previously. I'm sure the Blackburn fans will get over the Bentley return once he starts producing the goods.

Na not some Hibs fans though, we can afford to turn a blind eye at recent Championship players with his ability.

The funny thing is if Hibs signed Messi Carlsberg would be on here whingeing that we didn't sign Ronaldo too.

If the Jambos can accept Webster and Stevenson back then surely we can accept one of our own after all these years?

It's funny that some Hibs fans can boo their own players, even boo players we've signed on pre-contracts and do nothing to help the club or team but their isn't this moral outrage over that.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 06:14 PM

I am disregarding him 100%. Im not interested in other fans getting over a player, I am posting my thoughts on what I think and I do not want him to play for us again, there is no argument from me its simple I do not want him to play for Hibs again IMO he doesnt deserve to, keep any money and invest in new players.

Your scenario is all rosy all I can go on is his previous and my scenario has just as much validity, so I can predict comes in is pretty pish causes inbalance in team we slip down table he moves to Sevco on 3/4 x what we could offer. Fin.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 06:18 PM
The funny thing is if Hibs signed Messi Carlsberg would be on here whingeing that we didn't sign Ronaldo too.

If the Jambos can accept Webster and Stevenson back then surely we can accept one of our own after all these years?

It's funny that some Hibs fans can boo their own players, even boo players we've signed on pre-contracts and do nothing to help the club or team but their isn't this moral outrage over that.

Aye ok I do not even know where to begin on this utter p1sh, I,ll ignore the joke of a first part and move onto the laughable middle, the Jambos accept a lot of stuff so lets copy them.

Fenlon out Rix in eh?

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 06:19 PM
:faf: The very suggestion that Hibs could afford to turn away for whatever reason the likes of KT.

jamieross
21-02-2013, 06:21 PM
We all know he left on bad terms but were all adults here. If he can prove his worth and fitness and Pat wants to sign him, thats good enough for me. If he cant keep fit, tell him to pack his bags, we need to run a tight ship moneywise.

Most were praising Motherwell for signing Mcfadden, its not really much different from us looking at KT.

18Craig75
21-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Could've been a cup winning captain :bye:

lapsedhibee
21-02-2013, 06:24 PM

Yes, because we should definitely use what goes on at the pink wongadome as a good guide to how to conduct a football club. :bitchy:

jdships
21-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Yes, because we should definitely use what goes on at the pink wongadome as a good guide to how to conduct a football club. :bitchy:

:agree::thumbsup:
Serious question
What would KT , given his physical condition , bring to Hibs FC that we do not already have ?
This is not the player we sold on this is someone scratching around to find a club

Great player before he left :top marks

Beefster
21-02-2013, 06:30 PM

He didn't choose to leave in the January so, if it had been up to him, he would have been. Collins sold him.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 06:31 PM
He didn't choose to leave in the January so, if it had been up to him, he would have been. Collins sold him.

Glad thats sorted it was JC, KT did nowt, welcome back son. We all know that when you are sold you have totally no say in it at all. I wonder why JC felt he had to sell a key player and strip him of captaincy totally right out the blue for no reason at all.

1two
21-02-2013, 06:33 PM
During his time as Hibs captain he publicly engineered a move and bad mouthed the club;
"if im worth £xm why am I paid buttons" etc
Albeit that was maybe through bad advice from agents (which he employed)

Good player but a but of a ****
If he'd improve us then sign him but on our terms

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Far as I am aware we are all spent on salaries for this season so unless someone is leaving without a payout or someone signs and doesn't want wages, it makes no odds who the player is.

zlatan
21-02-2013, 06:42 PM

You could argue the way he left Hibs was modern football at its very worst. Kid playing for the team he has supported as a boy gets his head turned by a greedy agent, uses a tabloid newspaper column to talk his way out of the club, attempts to pull the heartstrings of working class fans by telling us that his salary of 1.5k a week wasn't enough and expects us to be sympathetic about it. Chuck in bonuses he would probably only have earnt about £450,000 if he was still with Hibs under that contract :boo hoo:

Football fans are tremendously fickle but so if he comes back and starts well then I'm sure that whole saga will quickly be remembered as all McKay and Jacksons fault.

SMAXXA
21-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I am disregarding him 100%. Im not interested in other fans getting over a player, I am posting my thoughts on what I think and I do not want him to play for us again, there is no argument from me its simple I do not want him to play for Hibs again IMO he doesnt deserve to, keep any money and invest in new players.

Your scenario is all rosy all I can go on is his previous and my scenario has just as much validity, so I can predict comes in is pretty pish causes inbalance in team we slip down table he moves to Sevco on 3/4 x what we could offer. Fin.

Hardly a scenario just stating the facts in my last post. Fair enough, there will be many more like you who have the same view, I on the other hand would have no probs with it.

As far as I'm being told just now it won't materialise anyway but who knows.

Beefster
21-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Glad thats sorted it was JC, KT did nowt, welcome back son. We all know that when you are sold you have totally no say in it at all. I wonder why JC felt he had to sell a key player and strip him of captaincy totally right out the blue for no reason at all.

To be honest, I stopped holding grudges for years on end when I hit puberty. You crack on though.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Hardly a scenario just stating the facts in my last post. Fair enough, there will be many more like you who have the same view, I on the other hand would have no probs with it.

As far as I'm being told just now it won't materialise anyway but who knows.

The best thing you have written mate :greengrin

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 06:48 PM
To be honest, I stopped holding grudges for years on end when I hit puberty. You crack on though.

Not holding a grudge I do not like him so I will crack on, glad to hear you do not dislike anyone from your past that you have "moved on".

markom127
21-02-2013, 06:53 PM
If Hibs signed him, I would get Thomson - 8 on the back!

lapsedhibee
21-02-2013, 06:55 PM

What's the appropriate length of time, then, for adults to bear in mind that peeps have behaved towards them like complete ***** ? :dunno:

Keith_M
21-02-2013, 06:58 PM
......his salary of 1.5k a week wasn't enough and expects us to be sympathetic about it. Chuck in bonuses he would probably only have earnt about £450,000 if he was still with Hibs under that contract :boo hoo:...................

He got 1,500 a week salary but over 7,000 a week bonuses?

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 07:00 PM
What's the appropriate length of time, then, for adults to bear in mind that peeps have behaved towards them like complete ***** ? :dunno:

Well if Beefster hated somebody while he was 3 and hit Puberty at 12/13 then forgave all I have another 4/5 years of disliking Thomson so I am still good with Beefsters timescale. Or maybe its childish to dislike folk if your 13+

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 07:13 PM

It's all to do with IQ's. The lower, the longer is the normal rule of thumb.

leither17
21-02-2013, 07:17 PM

Didn't he get stripped of the captaincy while he was still playing for us?

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 07:19 PM

Is it I will need to check that out in the rule of thumbasauras that has come from. You must hold a lot of long grudges then judging by that?

Eyrie
21-02-2013, 07:23 PM
If Thomson is fit and healthy, then I have no problem with him coming in until the end of the season. Problem for me is that it's a massive "if", so the reported offer of training facilities are a good way to establish his readiness to contribute.

As regards him disappearing to Sevco Huns for next season, why wouldn't he simply train with them just now if that is his plan?

GlenrothesHibee
21-02-2013, 07:24 PM
I think we have to trust the judgement of Pat Fenlon on this one. If he feels Thomson is the right man he will bring him in. Fenlon would only sign someone if it was going to benefit the team/group and in my opinion KT would. I agree with a few others that Fenlon wouldn't just offer him training facilities for nothing though.

lapsedhibee
21-02-2013, 07:25 PM

Interesting theory. So would it be the case then that those peeps who are pursuing Jimmy Savile's estate for compo are less intelligent than those who aren't?

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Is it I will need to check that out in the rule of thumbasauras that has come from. You must hold a lot of grudges then judging by that?

Yep I believe I can't be that far behind you.

Elephant Stone
21-02-2013, 07:28 PM
If Hibs signed him, I would get Thomson - 8 on the back!

Our fine Honduran is number 8, and a more useful player I'd bet.

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Interesting theory. So would it be the case then that those peeps who are pursuing Jimmy Savile's estate for compo are less intelligent than those who aren't?

No it would be the case that those who aren't have no reason to whilst many of those who do have jumped on a bandwagon.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Yep I believe I can't be that far behind you.

Better check your rule of thumb slider for that.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 07:35 PM
No it would be the case that those who aren't have no reason to whilst many of those who do have jumped on a bandwagon.

So is it ok to hold a grudge if you deem it serious enough then? So you would deem it childish if somebody held a grudge for years on a cheating spouse?

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 07:37 PM
So is it ok to hold a grudge if you deem it serious enough then? So you would deem it childish if somebody held a grudge for years on a cheating spouse?

It depends on your IQ. However I have never mentioned holding a grudge as being childish behaviour.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 07:38 PM
It depends on your IQ.

Oh thats right I forgot about that.

Alfred E Newman
21-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Our fine Honduran is number 8, and a more useful player I'd bet.

But he`s not ours .

Hiber-nation
21-02-2013, 07:41 PM
That's nice

:confused:

I was agreeing with you!!! That's why I put this ---> :agree:

lucky
21-02-2013, 07:42 PM
FFS if he improves the team he is welcome

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 07:44 PM
FFS if he improves the team he is welcome

:agree: And if fit he would.

mad giraffe
21-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Would take him in a flash if he is available and not wanting jambo style wages. Outside of Scott brown he would be best Scottish midfielder playing in spl. Why would we not want him?

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Would take him in a flash if he is available and not wanting jambo style wages. Outside of Scott brown he would be best Scottish midfielder playing in spl. Why would we not want him?

Can you show me any video footage of him recently that would back this statement up? :confused: I'm pretty sure Middlesbourgh would want the 2nd best Scottish midfielder in their side, yet they decided to let him go, i wonder why?:confused:

3pm
21-02-2013, 08:05 PM
The utter crap he then proceeded to put his name to was then very much about Hibs.

He might have been badly advised, his column may have been ghost-written, the hot coals/broken glass along the M8 and thought of staying at Hibs making him sick... he might not have been the ringleader or main protagonist in his departure but he was very much complicit in the worst possible exit a Hibs captain could make. Worse than Benji, Brown, Riordan, Murray, probably all of them put together.

That said, he comes back and he gets support. Simple.

I don't have those articles you refer to so I can't recall the exact quotes. I was always under the impression the issue was about Collins though.

Happy to stand corrected.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2013, 08:08 PM
I don't have those articles you refer to so I can't recall the exact quotes. I was always under the impression the issue was about Collins though.

I wonder what issues Thomson could have had with Collins? :confused:

lord bunberry
21-02-2013, 08:08 PM
If he signs he will get my support but I hope he doesn't. The things he said when he left should have meant his bridges were burnt. It's all to easy to say forgive and forget but weredo we draw the line

mad giraffe
21-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Can you show me any video footage of him recently that would back this statement up? :confused: I'm pretty sure Middlesbourgh would want the 2nd best Scottish midfielder in their side, yet they decided to let him go, i wonder why?:confused:

I don't see harm in giving guy chance. We all know he has the ability, no idea about his injuries but have enough confidence in Fenlon if he thinks Thompson can do a job. Happy to stand corrected if his injuries say otherwise, but for me he was (I know, was!) too good a midfielder to now be a bad player.

mad giraffe
21-02-2013, 08:16 PM

Cos they have Moroccos finest instead !! (On the bench !)

Big Frank
21-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Get him in. He gets paid when he plays.

Our football team will be better for it.

3pm
21-02-2013, 08:20 PM

Lack of progress! :o)

Shrekko
21-02-2013, 08:21 PM

It's been pretty well documented that the pair didn't get on. Seem to recall you weren't a fan of Collins either.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 08:34 PM
It's been pretty well documented that the pair didn't get on. Seem to recall you weren't a fan of Collins either.

They didnt JC had the audacity to expect him to play and concentrate on Hibs and other crazy stuff like honour new contracts for like more than 10mins and lead by example being captain n that.

mad giraffe
21-02-2013, 08:36 PM
I am not saying Collins was wrong. I didn't understand at time but no idea what was going on behind scenes.
He was being led by that crook Mackay and the Hun record bloke at the time. For a time he was maybe our best player and certainly rangers* best player. Why ignore a chance to get a player like that?

*For those too young to recall rangers were a club that used to play through west somewhere

TrinityHibs
21-02-2013, 08:37 PM
If Pat thinks he can add something then I'm with him. If Carlsberg still doesnt want to go to ER thats fine. (Not picking on you particularly mate you're just the one I remembered in the hatefest) KT left poorly yet his going helped stabilise the club. Would it have been better if he had kissed the badge and left for nothing? If he plays and adds something more to the midfield I'm okay with that. If Rooney decides he wants to give ER a shot and its an either or then KT's down the road. If he puts a Hibs top on he gets unconditional support until I dont think he's adding then I'll start to moan. If he's fit and it is a big if, KT is a better midfielder than Deegan. He's also better than Spoonie, who I still like, Claros every other week due to inconsistency and I would play him instead of Doyle because recent form would suggest he could be no worse fit or otherwise.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2013, 08:38 PM
I don't see harm in giving guy chance. We all know he has the ability, no idea about his injuries but have enough confidence in Fenlon if he thinks Thompson can do a job. Happy to stand corrected if his injuries say otherwise, but for me he was (I know, was!) too good a midfielder to now be a bad player.

So in the space of 2 posts he's gone from the 2nd best midfielder in Scotland, to there's no harm in giving him a chance because he was too good a midfielder to now be a bad one? :top marks

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2013, 08:43 PM

I thought he was ok, i certainly did not think Collins was as good as he thought he was? If i remember rightly Collins wanted him to captain Hibs and consentrate on us, but katie wanted the huge pay rise he knew and we all knew Hibs couldnt afford.

Katie wanted what was best for him and his mother, nothing wrong in that, there was in the way he went about leaving though.

3pm
21-02-2013, 08:47 PM
I thought he was ok, i certainly did not think Collins was as good as he thought he was? If i remember rightly Collins wanted him to captain Hibs and consentrate on us, but katie wanted the huge pay rise he knew and we all knew Hibs couldnt afford.

Katie wanted what was best for him and his mother, nothing wrong in that, there was in the way he went about leaving though.

The Daily Record fiasco never helped. Problem is nobody ever knows what happens behind closed doors so Collins may have played a part.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 08:49 PM

Indeed Mckay became Thomsons agent weeks before he was stripped of Captaincy and the pair fell out, I think they feel out because KT as captain was clearly in process of a new agenda for himself and after a few weeks he was rightly stripped of captaincy and JC was having none of it. JC did nothing wrong IMO he was pushed into a decsion and it was right one. The instigator in it all was the player.

basehibby
21-02-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm scratching my head a bit about this one. We all known that a fully fit Thomson is a very good sitting midfielder (although not quite sure he's quite as ultra-orgasmicly good as some are reminiscing on here), but you could probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of months he actually has been fully fit since he left Hibs!

Also, right now we have a very good AND fully fit sitting midfielder in Jorge Claros, although I realise he will probably leave at the end of the season.

Only sense I can make of this move is that a fully fit Thomson would take the no 8 jersey NEXT season having worked his way back to full fitness - even then though it would be a gamble considering his injury record.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 08:51 PM
The Daily Record fiasco never helped. Problem is nobody ever knows what happens behind closed doors so Collins may have played a part.

We do not know that is true but what we know is KT was captain and playing then changed agents and things went wrong from their so looking at that KT was the start of any situation for me, all JC did was react to things the pair were doing.

Mikey
21-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Room.

Empty.

Argument.

Some of you.

Re-arrange :greengrin

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Room.

Empty.

Argument.

Some of you.

Re-arrange :greengrin

Im not rearranging stuff for you. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2013, 08:55 PM

Or may not have, we all know exactly what katie did, if Collins had been such a bugger to him, i'm pretty sure he'd have let us know through his page in the record?

3pm
21-02-2013, 08:57 PM
We do not know that is true but what we know is KT was captain and playing then changed agents and things went wrong from their so looking at that KT was the start of any situation for me, all JC did was react to things the pair were doing.

You defo have a point man but did JC's man management style (if the rumours are to be believed) contribute to his exit? I don't know, just a possibility.

Baldy Foghorn
21-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Or may not have, we all know exactly what katie did, if Collins had been such a bugger to him, i'm pretty sure he'd have let us know through his page in the record?

Did KT ever come out and rubbish the comments that were attributed to him regarding walking over broken glass to go to Derhun, I can't remember that?

Seveno
21-02-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll welcome any quality player that wears green and white and helps us to win games (and trophies).

One caveat would be that he stays fit and I think that is the big issue. I have always felt that KT caused a lot of his injuries because of the way he threw himself into tackles.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 08:59 PM
You defo have a point man but did JC's man management style (if the rumours are to be believed) contribute to his exit? I don't know, just a possibility.

I do not know but all was ok until that point so I would say Kt is 100% to blame, JC then probably had a go at him and rightfully so under circumstances and that IMO is where their relationship broke down, all on KTs greed and desire to leave.

3pm
21-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Did KT ever come out and rubbish the comments that were attributed to him regarding walking over broken glass to go to Derhun, I can't remember that?

He's on record as saying there were thibgs he shouldn't have said, couldn't see specifics.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 09:02 PM

All printed stuff and guff from Mckay IMO came from his mouth he never distanced himself from any of it he was 22 not 12 so understood fully what was going on.

Baldy Foghorn
21-02-2013, 09:06 PM
He's on record as saying there were thibgs he shouldn't have said, couldn't see specifics.

All printed stuff and guff from Mckay IMO came from his mouth he never distanced himself from any of it he was 22 not 12 so understood fully what was going on.

I couldn't remember if he distanced himself from said remarks, I agree he should never have made them, and IMO he showed a complete lack of disregard/class to Hibernian........

basehibby
21-02-2013, 09:06 PM

I think the issue was that Collins CORRECTLY stripped the young Thomson of the captaincy in the aftermath of Thomson showing utter contempt for the honour by using the platform it gave him to engineer a move away from the club - utterly shameful behaviour on Thomson's part, suitably punished by his then manager.

I remember actually buying the DR on a number of occasions because I was interested to read our captain's column and I was shocked and appalled at the way Thomson abused his position to basically shout "come and get me" to the OF from the Record's pages.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge and if Thomson wanted to come back and work for Hibs at a reasonable wage then that'd go a long way to burrying the hatchet - lets not re-write history though - Thomson's ungraceful exit from Hibs was entirely his own doing and the vitriol heaped upon him by the Hibs support was entirely merited.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 09:10 PM
I think the issue was that Collins CORRECTLY stripped the young Thomson of the captaincy in the aftermath of Thomson showing utter contempt for the honour by using the platform it gave him to engineer a move away from the club - utterly shameful behaviour on Thomson's part, suitably punished by his then manager.

I remember actually buying the DR on a number of occasions because I was interested to read our captain's column and I was shocked and appalled at the way Thomson abused his position to basically shout "come and get me" to the OF from the Record's pages.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge and if Thomson wanted to come back and work for Hibs at a reasonable wage then that'd go a long way to burrying the hatchet - lets not re-write history though - Thomson's ungraceful exit from Hibs was entirely his own doing and the vitriol heaped upon him by the Hibs support was entirely merited.

Great post, I think some forget JC had only been in charge 2 months with first job and this was really a test on him which I thought he passed and showed resolve.

Up The Bracket
21-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Even if it was just until the summer, Kevin Thomson would be a great signing, he proved his ability in his first spell and is a class act.

We need to keep going with 4-5-1, we reverted to 4-4-2 against St Johnstone and we were completely overcrowded in the midfield. Robertson, Thomson and Claros across the middle with wingers looks very appealing.

Thomson is player that can improve our squad, a 4 month deal, isn't a big risk.

Shrekko
21-02-2013, 09:16 PM

Does anyone actually have a link to him saying that in the first place or is it yet another exaggerated myth in relation to KT?

He has said he regrets some aspects of his departure but NOBODY on this board knows exactly what went on.

The point is not what happened then it's whether people can move on from it. Some obviously can't and some can. I don't think anyone was happy with KT at the time. How his mate gets off 'Scott free' is another debate!

R'Albin
21-02-2013, 09:32 PM
To be honest, I stopped holding grudges for years on end when I hit puberty.

And it's for this reason I hope we don't sign him :greengrin

lord bunberry
21-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Does anyone actually have a link to him saying that in the first place or is it yet another exaggerated myth in relation to KT?

He has said he regrets some aspects of his departure but NOBODY on this board knows exactly what went on.

The point is not what happened then it's whether people can move on from it. Some obviously can't and some can. I don't think anyone was happy with KT at the time. How his mate gets off 'Scott free' is another debate!

Your right about nobody knowing what really went on but we do know what was said when he left. He didn't need to say what he said especially if his problem was with jc. If he had a problem with jc he should have said that instead of bad mouthing hibs. Am I right in saying that he was the only one of the golden generation who didn't donate his signing on fee to the youth system or is that something I dreamt

Sweet Left Peg
21-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Im not rearranging stuff for you. :greengrin

But if you did, it'd probably be the BEST rearranging in the world....

hibbydog
21-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Pulling on a Hibs strip is a massive privilege. Captaining Hibs is an honour beyond most of our wildest dreams.

The disrespect and contempt shown to our great club by Thomson was a ****ing disgrace. I hope he chokes.

He should sign for hearts

icelorrie
21-02-2013, 10:01 PM
The fact he said he would have walked bare foot Along the m8 to join the huns doesn't sit we'll with me! Classy player but we can do without him!

dirtydirk
21-02-2013, 10:13 PM

The thing with Thomson was he publicly wrote about how hard up he was and some pish about how his mum had to work as a cleaner. Thomson an brown were both supposingly on about 1800 quid a week at the time when the average fan was busting their balls to pay for season tickets and get through life on an average wage. It was all pretty disrespectful. Brown after getting his transfer request knocked back, got his head down and was our best player till he got his move.

Scottie
21-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Pulling on a Hibs strip is a massive privilege. Captaining Hibs is an honour beyond most of our wildest dreams.

The disrespect and contempt shown to our great club by Thomson was a ****ing disgrace. I hope he chokes.

He should sign for hearts

:applause: Get yer tin hat on pal

I agree with you up to the point of choking:greengrin

What makes anyone think he wants to sign for us anyway

He phoned Hibs up looking for training facilities, THATS IT !!!

Peevemor
21-02-2013, 10:18 PM
The thing with Thomson was he publicly wrote about how hard up he was and some pish about how his mum had to work as a cleaner.

He never said either of those things.

Anyway. The beeb site is saying that KT asked if he could train at East Mains and PF agreed.

Shrekko
21-02-2013, 10:27 PM
The thing with Thomson was he publicly wrote about how hard up he was and some pish about how his mum had to work as a cleaner

Just shows how things have grown arms and legs. His agent said him and Brown earned 'peanuts'- his words not theirs. I think I'll file your claim about him stating he was 'hard up' next to the one about him walking along the m8 on broken glass to sign for Rangers in the 'just not true' category.

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Just shows how things have grown arms and legs. His agent said him and Brown earned 'peanuts'- his words not theirs. I think I'll file your claim about him stating he was 'hard up' next to the one about him walking along the m8 on broken glass to sign for Rangers in the 'just not true' category.

:agree: Some amazing non quotes tonight.

Captain Trips
21-02-2013, 10:39 PM

You called him a bawbag the other day

budgiemcb
21-02-2013, 10:40 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/saturday-interview-kevin-thomson-i-would-ve-loved-to-have-come-away-from-hibs-a-hero-1-820352

lapsedhibee
21-02-2013, 10:42 PM
He never said either of those things.

The claim about his mum having to go out to work certainly appeared under his name.

Also that he felt "physically sick" at the thought of having to go in to Hibs to work.

Those Daily Record columns were absolutely disgraceful from start to finish and although the ability to forgive is often an admirable quality, let's not rewrite history and pretend that he didn't do plenty that requires forgiveness - he did. Much, much worse than anything that Murray or Brown did.

car1973
21-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I couldn't remember if he distanced himself from said remarks, I agree he should never have made them, and IMO he showed a complete lack of disregard/class to Hibernian........

He denies making them here. Claims his problem was with Collins rather than Hibs. Agree his behaviour at the time was unacceptable though.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/saturday-interview-kevin-thomson-i-would-ve-loved-to-have-come-away-from-hibs-a-hero-1-820352

Russell The Dug
21-02-2013, 10:57 PM
The claim about his mum having to go out to work certainly appeared under his name.

Also that he felt "physically sick" at the thought of having to go in to Hibs to work.

Those Daily Record columns were absolutely disgraceful from start to finish and although the ability to forgive is often an admirable quality, let's not rewrite history and pretend that he didn't do plenty that requires forgiveness - he did. Much, much worse than anything that Murray or Brown did.

He said he felt physically sick having to go into training a couple of days after being stripped of the captaincy.

He said he would have walked along the M8 to sign for Rangers after that.

Murray walked out on us for zip, as did Riordan. Brown handed in a transfer request. Thomson did none of the above, made us a lot of money and made a few comments in the paper.

So come on, what's worse - seeing your contract out like Murray did or making comments in the paper like Thomson?

What's worse, pre contract with Celtic and threatening to sit out for 5 months so he could sign for nothing for them like Riordan or making a couple of comments in the paper?

A good few other "hibees" cost the club a lot more financially than KT done by slagging off Collins in the paper.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2013, 10:59 PM
I can't think of anyone I would like to see less of than Kevin Thomson.

The way he left the club was utterly disgraceful and his conduct in the months leading up to his departure was shameful.

I've never been more embarrassed by a Hibs captain than I was with Thomson and I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Apart from anything else, his fitness issues are well documented and I don't think we should be in the business of signing anyone who may struggle to play for two consecutive months.

Having said that, I'm sure that if we do sign him and he ends up scoring the winner in May in the Scottish Cup final then I'll find it in my heart to forgive him.

Russell The Dug
21-02-2013, 11:01 PM
He denies making them here. Claims his problem was with Collins rather than Hibs. Agree his behaviour at the time was unacceptable though.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/saturday-interview-kevin-thomson-i-would-ve-loved-to-have-come-away-from-hibs-a-hero-1-820352

His problem was Collins. They never got on from November onwards and Thomson used to have battles every day on training with ginger baws Stewart who Collins backed at the time.

Collins acted like a cock to all of the squad just about apart from Scott Brown who would do whatever the **** he liked in training and how thought it was funny to smash balls into the players and Collins when he was trying to organise stuff on the training ground.

keep the faith
21-02-2013, 11:02 PM
I think the grown ups agree that a kevin thomson willing to come home to hibs, work hard and take a sensible wage would be a massive coup for us. Make it happen Rod!!

SteveHFC
21-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Would take him back in an instant. :aok:

Russell The Dug
21-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Surely everyone wants the best side on the park we can possibly have and a for Thomson would enhance our squad.

snooky
21-02-2013, 11:31 PM
I think the grown ups agree that a kevin thomson willing to come home to hibs, work hard and take a sensible wage would be a massive coup for us. Make it happen Rod!!

Alas, the wee boy in me says "No thanks" :coffee:

car1973
21-02-2013, 11:40 PM

lapsedhibee
21-02-2013, 11:41 PM

Absolutely hilarious that on this thread all those peeps with clear memories are being explicitly or implicitly labelled childish. :faf:

sadtom
21-02-2013, 11:55 PM
KT was PAID by the daily ****** to talk another club up while putting ours down, in order to further his own selfish career interests while he was CAPTAIN of our club. A club he claimed to support. It served to destabalise us while we were in a decent position.
It is this that sets him apart from any other players who left on whatever terms and for however much.
What is it people are not understanding about that FACT!
For me this makes him the only player who is persona non grata and completely and utterly unwelcome.
Dont darken our door!

Woody70x2
22-02-2013, 12:42 AM
KT was PAID by the daily ****** to talk another club up while putting ours down, in order to further his own selfish career interests while he was CAPTAIN of our club. A club he claimed to support. It served to destabalise us while we were in a decent position.
It is this that sets him apart from any other players who left on whatever terms and for however much.
What is it people are not understanding about that FACT!
For me this makes him the only player who is persona non grata and completely and utterly unwelcome.
Dont darken our door!

Can someone set up a poll? Don't think I have the ability to do one on my phone.

We sold him for £2m 5 years ago... He helped the now defunct Rangers win the league and cup. Walter Smith extended his services and then Middlesbrough acquired his services. I toil to think of anyone in our team that has performed at that level?

If he enhances the team and Fenlon believes he would he would get an easy ride back from me. Look forward and not back... Move on.... Life is too short the bare grudges.

sadtom
22-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Can someone set up a poll? Don't think I have the ability to do one on my phone.

We sold him for £2m 5 years ago... He helped the now defunct Rangers win the league and cup. Walter Smith extended his services and then Middlesbrough acquired his services. I toil to think of anyone in our team that has performed at that level?

If he enhances the team and Fenlon believes he would he would get an easy ride back from me. Look forward and not back... Move on.... Life is too short the bare grudges.

He took money from an outside agent to screw us over. Also lets not forget that its now been confirmed that the daily ****** was getting articles ok'd by der huns before going to print.
This is beyond redemption. It is not a 'normal' return of a player who merely left. He willingly took money to help him and his future employers to **** us over when he was our captain. UNFORGIVABLE!

bawheid
22-02-2013, 05:26 AM

Absolutely.

I've said it before in these threads and I'll say it again.

Worst. Hibernian. Captain. Ever.

A Hibs fan would never treat the club the way he did. He may have been badly advised by the crook and Jackson, but surely he had others around him who could point out what an utter disgrace he was being.

The quotes about crawling over broken glass, his poor mummy having to work and playing for Hibs making him feel physically sick, still make me feel....well, physically sick!

Compare this with the recent thread on another Hibs captain, Franck Sauzee.

It's a no from me.

Peevemor
22-02-2013, 05:43 AM

As a cleaner? Don't think so.

Springbank
22-02-2013, 05:44 AM
:flag::flag:Let's get behind Hibernian, Let's get behind players, and welcome back a former captain (who captained the club with passion in a certain 81% possession League Cup Quarter Final - I for one remember his joy that night when the final whistle went and would like to see that passion back at ER) :flag::flag:

lapsedhibee
22-02-2013, 05:51 AM
As a cleaner? Don't think so.

No, not as a cleaner - I don't think it was ever specified what his mum worked at. (Not too important, though, in the context of the weekly anti-Hibs bleating and whining.)

Peevemor
22-02-2013, 05:54 AM
No, not as a cleaner - I don't think it was ever specified what his mum worked at. (Not too important, though, in the context of the weekly anti-Hibs bleating and whining.)

The only point I was making is that KT never said he was hard up and never said that his mum worked as a cleaner.

IWasThere2016
22-02-2013, 05:58 AM
I trust all those objecting have never said something they've regretted about a loved one, a friend, the Hibs, their boss etc when young/inexperienced/being led on??? We've all made mistakes surely..

Top player, one of us still and welcome back.

Beefster
22-02-2013, 06:03 AM
Come home, Katie. All the haters will get behind you the first time you crunch the tattooed freak from the slum across the city.

Hainan Hibs
22-02-2013, 06:09 AM
Although I understand there are rational arguments for having him train at ER the emotions involved in being a Hibs fan mean I don't want that **** within 5 miles of East Mains.

marinello59
22-02-2013, 06:12 AM
I trust all those objecting have never said something they've regretted about a loved one, a friend, the Hibs, their boss etc when young/inexperienced/being led on??? We've all made mistakes surely..

Winston Ingram
22-02-2013, 06:14 AM
His issue was always with Collins. Anybody who wouldn't take a player of that quality back needs their head looked at

spike220
22-02-2013, 06:24 AM
This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOuWWzP7wl0

lucky
22-02-2013, 06:25 AM
It's not often we get the chance to sign a quality player with decent pedigree yet there are still many living in the past. It's time to move on. He will improve our team. So surely its a no brainer. How many time have fans complained about us being weak in midfield? He could drive us forward to 2cd in the SPL and back to Hampden. He's got to be worth the chance

Carheenlea
22-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Those Daily Record columns consisted of a phone call from Keith Jackson which lasted barely a couple of minutes, Jackson then wrote the column based on the phone call. In return Thomson got some cash thrown into his account every week.

Kevin Thomson might have been wiser to pull Jackson up about his editing of conversations, but he maybe didn`t think it was a huge deal. Hey Ho, nobody died. Only question for us should be if Thomson is fit enough to merit a deal and improve our squad.

proud_and_green
22-02-2013, 06:33 AM
He took money from an outside agent to screw us over. Also lets not forget that its now been confirmed that the daily ****** was getting articles ok'd by der huns before going to print.
This is beyond redemption. It is not a 'normal' return of a player who merely left. He willingly took money to help him and his future employers to **** us over when he was our captain. UNFORGIVABLE!

This is a good point. Could it actually be though that he didn't say all those things and in fact it was Jim Traynor and Rangers who wrote them up.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a journo has changed the words of an intervieweee from media effect.

Steve20
22-02-2013, 06:38 AM
If he can improve the team, then defo bring him back. (if affordable, that is)

macca70
22-02-2013, 06:39 AM
When was the last time he played regulary?

At this level it must be difficult to have not played competitively for so long to then come back and be anywhere near as good as you were.

I get the impression that for all these guys that left us at there peak; Sproule, GOC, Riordan, Murray, when it comes to the time they can't get another club, we take them back in help boost there pension fund by paying them for a couple of seasons and there never anywhere near as good as they were hence the reason no-one else wants them.

IMO this will be the case with Thomson, I'd rather see us using that wage to take a chance on someone we don't know, like Sproule when we got him 1st time and potentially unearth a wee gem.

mad giraffe
22-02-2013, 06:40 AM
So in the space of 2 posts he's gone from the 2nd best midfielder in Scotland, to there's no harm in giving him a chance because he was too good a midfielder to now be a bad one? :top marks

I was referring to your post implying he was a bad player. The guy seems to have struggled with injuries and I have no idea as to his current fitness. I think if guys of his calibre are fit and wanting to play for hibs we should be looking at them.

I

Blaster
22-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Sign him up. Better than anything we currently have. For me what riordan did was worse than anything kt said and we all welcomed him back.

I want the best Hibs team possible and we would be stronger with kt in our squad

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-02-2013, 07:23 AM
If he's wearing green and in the team, he'll get my support.

ENDOF :agree:

Benny Brazil
22-02-2013, 07:24 AM
My concerns about Thomson are purely to do with his fitness, form and previous injuries - if he can get fit, hasnt got any major injury concerns and Pat wants him then I'd be happy to see if him back. Its up to him now to impress in training and see where it leads.

Who cares what he said in the past - its done and dusted get over it - some people on here were happy when we were being linked to ex Hertz players in previous transfer windows but cant accept a former Hibs player back at the club training with us.

andy1875
22-02-2013, 07:26 AM
A midfield diamond of Thomson, Craig, Robertson and Cairney would be very decent IMO.

Make it happen please Rodney.

Shrekko
22-02-2013, 07:28 AM
You called him a bawbag the other day

I called who a bawbag? Hope you can back that up whoever it was!

Mon Dieu4
22-02-2013, 07:28 AM

i trust none of us have done it in a national newspaper though, silly, misguided and immature? maybe so but he was Hibs Captain and that's what some people cannot forgive.

If id done the same about my employer then i doubt many of you would have any sympathy for me

Blaster
22-02-2013, 07:34 AM
i trust none of us have done it in a national newspaper though, silly, misguided and immature? maybe so but he was Hibs Captain and that's what some people cannot forgive.

If id done the same about my employer then i doubt many of you would have any sympathy for me

I understand where you are coming from but the only question that should be asked now is would he improve our team. Simple answer is yes.
Or should we just let him sign and improve another sp l team

IWasThere2016
22-02-2013, 07:38 AM

He didn't write a word of that - but was very foolish (eg young) and led and paid. Live and learn :wink:

legends of 73
22-02-2013, 07:41 AM
I can't believe some of the stuff posted about KT. I would have him back in our squad in a heart beat if fit the player has great ability and if we could get a player like that for diddly squat then why not.

I think kevin was easily lead by that bell-end Keith Jackson when he got transferred to oldco,remember the grief Jackson was getting on here because he was engineering the moves for KT and SB and he got banned from Easter rd and threatened to take hibs to court(whatever did happen to the court proceedings).

You say some daft things when your young but let's forgive and forget,FFS look at O'conner how many times have we forgiven him?

Gatecrasher
22-02-2013, 07:48 AM
A midfield diamond of Thomson, Craig, Robertson and Cairney would be very decent IMO.

Make it happen please Rodney.

What about Claros?
One of our best players this season.

To be honest while i think KT would be a decent addition to the squad if he manages to stay fit, we have more than enough players in this position. If in the summer we lost claros and maybe soemone else and KT is still available (and fit!) i wouldn't grudge him a place in the team.