PDA

View Full Version : Observation regarding referee Willie Collum

maturehibby
18-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Was very observant to notice Goodwin trying a sly wee push on Done and resulting on us getting a penalty .
However he missed the brutality of the tackle by Tattoo man" on McPake and in the previous season the tackle by Templeton on McPake again .
I believe it is "Selective eyesight" as he is just as likely to give a penalty against us though with only one Bigot brother this season it is less than normal .
Secondly it was indeed a rarity to see a penalty given wrongly by ref Bobby Madden against Celtic when Mathews put in a clearly good tackle against a Dundee United player and lived to tell the tale - though he quicklt redressed it by giving Celtic a dodgy one too

Future17
18-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Was very observant to notice Goodwin trying a sly wee push on Done and resulting on us getting a penalty .
However he missed the brutality of the tackle by Tattoo man" on McPake and in the previous season the tackle by Templeton on McPake again .
I believe it is "Selective eyesight" as he is just as likely to give a penalty against us though with only one Bigot brother this season it is less than normal .
Secondly it was indeed a rarity to see a penalty given wrongly by ref Bobby Madden against Celtic when Mathews put in a clearly good tackle against a Dundee United player and lived to tell the tale - though he quicklt redressed it by giving Celtic a dodgy one too

Maybe Collum just doesn't like McPake - thought there was a case for a red card for Goncalves for a tackle on him in the build up to Griffiths shot off the post. Can see it in the BBC highlights.

Kenny1875
18-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Oh I love a good conspiracy theory :agree:

Hermit Crab
18-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Stop fishing maturehibby ;-)

R'Albin
18-02-2013, 10:53 PM
However he missed the brutality of the tackle by Tattoo man" on McPake and in the previous season the tackle by Templeton on McPake again

He also didn't award a penalty for McPake's challenge in the New Year's derby, which some referees certainly would have awarded one for.

MrRobot
19-02-2013, 06:44 AM
He also didn't award a penalty for McPake's challenge in the New Year's derby, which some referees certainly would have awarded one for.

This.

Bill Milne
19-02-2013, 09:19 AM
I was right behind the goals on Saturday and thought this was a stonewall penalty for us due to a Goodwin push on Done. How has this been turned into a major attack on Collum by the media?For once, an excellent peice of observation by Collum and/or his linesman!!

hibs4thecup1988
19-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Future is this when the two of them went flying in before the attack? If I'm honest that was a 50/50 ball. I think in regards to the new years game if he rolled around in agony Stevenson would have got action taken.

Bill as for the penalty on Saturday it is one of if not the softest penalty I've seen hibs given in a few years. Take it every day of the week tho!! And btw I was right behind the goals too. Not saw any highlights yet

Hermit Crab
19-02-2013, 09:48 AM
I was right behind the goals on Saturday and thought this was a stonewall penalty for us due to a Goodwin push on Done. How has this been turned into a major attack on Collum by the media?For once, an excellent peice of observation by Collum and/or his linesman!!

Stonewaller, blatant push on Done. Could be seen clearly from anywhere in the ground.

Bobby's Cinema
19-02-2013, 11:37 AM
if it's given against us, we're pulling our hair out. No for me

Future17
19-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Future is this when the two of them went flying in before the attack? If I'm honest that was a 50/50 ball. I think in regards to the new years game if he rolled around in agony Stevenson would have got action taken.

That's the one. Totally agree it was a 50/50, but McPake goes in side-on, whereas Goncalves is off the ground with his studs showing. You're right though, in both the Hearts and St Mirren games, had McPake's reaction been more dramatic, cards would have been produced.

allezsauzee
19-02-2013, 04:06 PM
I think Collum has made pretty decent job when reffing our games. There's no logical reason for him to deliberately miss Tattoo man's shocking challenge or Templeton's kick at McPake. Especially when it's gone against Collum when he's had his assessment. The fact of the matter is that it's easier to see things when you know it's happened and are actually looking out for it rather than when you are observing events beforehand knowing that something could happen anywhere on the park that you might need to make a decision on.

hibs4thecup1988
19-02-2013, 04:10 PM
That's the one. Totally agree it was a 50/50, but McPake goes in side-on, whereas Goncalves is off the ground with his studs showing. You're right though, in both the Hearts and St Mirren games, had McPake's reaction been more dramatic, cards would have been produced.

Fair eniugh as I say I've not saw highlights. I think the ref had probably saw both fly in and both get right back up and not taken action. That's the way it should be btw!!

maturehibby
19-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Stop fishing maturehibby ;-)
Usually reel in a few comments and I like Crabs on the menu - However if it was Thomson in the middle you would have taken it hook line and sinker