PDA

View Full Version : Danny Galbraith

scoopyboy
18-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Scoopyboy understands Danny has a very good deal with an Irish League club.

Can't post too much at the moment but he is very happy and I'm sure his new clubs pre-season tour take in a couple of SPL clubs!!!!

Edit - Meant to say I hope he does really well and gets his career back on track.

The_Horde
18-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Good on him. Best of luck to the guy!

Part/Time Supporter
18-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Dundalk (now managed by Stephen Kenny) have been signing a few ex SPL players (inc Richie Towell and Kurtis Byrne).

Purple & Green
18-02-2013, 11:48 AM

Can't post too much at the moment but he is very happy and I'm sure his new clubs pre-season tour take in a couple of SPL clubs!!!!

Edit - Meant to say I hope he does really well and gets his career back on track.

We're playing an Irish league side soon at East Mains - can't for the life of me remember which one though.

scoopyboy
18-02-2013, 11:53 AM
We're playing an Irish league side soon at East Mains - can't for the life of me remember which one though.

That's the one.

jacomo
18-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Good luck to him.

From a Hibs perspective, it's clear the budget is stretched right now so the manager needs to get people like DG off the wage bill.

HibeeMG
18-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Good luck to him.

He used to come into the shop I had. A very quiet but polite lad.

Golden Bear
18-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Yip best of luck Danny.

It's a pity his Hibs career never really took off due to a variety of circumstances.

Dalianwanda
18-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Will keep an eye out for him..Going to be going to a good few Sligo games this year..

greenlex
18-02-2013, 01:35 PM
I look forward to all the Danny Galbraith threads that will probably be appearing every other week or so. :agree:

Houchy
18-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Yip best of luck Danny.

It's a pity his Hibs career never really took off due to a variety of circumstances.

I can think of 1 major one... he was gash:agree:.

Well done to him for finding another club and moving on though. He tried but just wasn't up to it.

Bostonhibby
18-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I look forward to all the Danny Galbraith threads that will probably be appearing every other week or so. :agree:

:agree: If only we had kept him, could have been the new Clayton Donaldson.

NOLA
18-02-2013, 02:04 PM
I can think of 1 major one... he was gash:agree:.

Well done to him for finding another club and moving on though. He tried but just wasn't up to it.

He was never fit it seemed, hard to play your best when donald ducked I'd guess, good luck to him.

Craig_in_Prague
18-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Wonder if Bet365 will still have him at 14/1 every week to score the 1st goal for Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2013, 02:53 PM
How long before he comes back to haunt us? :greengrin

down-the-slope
18-02-2013, 02:58 PM

Did I miss him getting released :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
18-02-2013, 03:05 PM

That's what I thought as well. Did we ever get told the reasons for the falling out and if he was sacked or not?

JimBHibees
18-02-2013, 03:07 PM

Released last day of the window.

down-the-slope
18-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Released last day of the window.

Amazed I missed that - still best for all and maybe explains how Done Deal was well done :greengrin

calumb
18-02-2013, 06:26 PM
He has signed a 2 year contract with Limerick apparently.

snooky
18-02-2013, 06:41 PM
There was a young lad called Galbraith
In him, Hibs fans had nae faith
But Limerick move was quickly approved
By Danny boy and the Hibs baith

Blaster
18-02-2013, 06:51 PM
I wish some of the remaining players were given the same appreciation as Danny has been getting on this thread.

He has barely kicked a ball since cc gave him a 2yr deal. And if rumour is correct refused to go on loan last summer.

scoopyboy
18-02-2013, 09:00 PM
He has signed a 2 year contract with Limerick apparently.

Yes it is Limerick.

Wonder if he'll play in the friendly at East Mains:greengrin

Limerick building new ground built and appear to be in the money.

Jonnyboy
18-02-2013, 09:05 PM
So as the rarely seen, lesser spotted Galbraith departs for pastures new we have another event in Scottish football with the arrival at Fir Park of the lesser spotted James McFadden.

Anyway, good luck Danny

calumb
18-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Yes it is Limerick.

They are being bankrolled by a business man at the moment and the ground is being funded by JP McManus, so all is going well but if they dont get the crowds in it could all end badly.

silverhibee
18-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Yes it is Limerick.

Will he get in. :greengrin

silverhibee
18-02-2013, 09:29 PM
They are being bankrolled by a business man at the moment and the ground is being funded by JP McManus, so all is going well but if they dont get the crowds in it could all end badly.

Just checked and it says there ground only holds 2400, what kind of crowds are they getting at the moment.

calumb
18-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Just checked and it says there ground only holds 2400, what kind of crowds are they getting at the moment.

The ground last season would be like a junior ground in Scotland and they were getting crowds of around 5-800, this season they are playing munsters rugby ground while there new ground is built. The new ground is actually where they played in the 80's where apparently they got crowds on a good day of 5-6000.
From the rumours of what some of the players are getting young Danny may have just got a pay rise.

1875STEVE
18-02-2013, 11:02 PM

Funny you should post this.

Wokmate of mine was out on Sat night with Danny wetting a bairns head of someone they both know.

Hanlon and LG were both there aswell.

Danny sounded delighted with the move by all accounts.

Good luck to him.

scoopyboy
19-02-2013, 05:43 AM
The ground last season would be like a junior ground in Scotland and they were getting crowds of around 5-800, this season they are playing munsters rugby ground while there new ground is built. The new ground is actually where they played in the 80's where apparently they got crowds on a good day of 5-6000.
From the rumours of what some of the players are getting young Danny may have just got a pay rise.

They seem determined to make a go of it.

Manager is ex Hamilton player Steve Taylor and their first team coach is Malky Thomson.

Wouldn't surprise me if other SPL players end up there.