PDA

View Full Version : Hibs worst 11 blog

mattyjacklegend
17-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone! I am writing a blog for the Terrace Scottish football podcast (@terracepodcast) on Hibs worst SPL era 11. It has to be in a formation of my choosing but can't just be 11 strikers etc. Was wondering what you guys all felt was the worst player in each position just so my blog is feelings of Hibs fans in general rather than just my own. Your help is much appreciated and will post that blog after its been published along with other Hibs/Hearts related blogs I have done in the past to get your opinions. :hibees

Northernhibee
17-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Players I would include:

Graeme Smith

Hart
Murdoch
O'Hanlon
Grounds

De Graaf
Kerr
Thornhill

Hurtado
Duffy
Kuqi

Manager: Colin Calderwood (just pips Duff Jim)

Time For Heroes
17-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Zibby
Maka
rouger (on a bad day)
kuqi is a must!
Duff Jim for me...

Diclonius
17-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Zibi Malkowski
Alan O'Brien
Michael Hart
Edwin de Graaf
Tom Soares
Matt Doherty

Players I would say are contenders from what I've seen in the flesh.

eastterrace
17-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Zibby hart ohanlon kujabi hurtado wiss these have got to be in there

Glory Lurker
17-02-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm never very comfortable about this sort of thing. I don't think anyone positively tries to be rubbish so don't think we should put the boot in to this or that player just because it didn't work out for them. And speaking for myself, at least, any player who ever played for Hibs is infinitesimally better at football than me, so who would I be to talk?

Jonnyboy
17-02-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm never very comfortable about this sort of thing. I don't think anyone positively tries to be rubbish so don't think we should put the boot in to this or that player just because it didn't work out for them. And speaking for myself, at least, any player who ever played for Hibs is infinitesimally better at football than me, so who would I be to talk?

:top marks:agree:

Time For Heroes
17-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Lee Power
Barry Lavety
Jarko Wiss
Hurtado
Derek Collins

Elephant Stone
17-02-2013, 09:23 PM

Agreed.

hfc rd
17-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Scott, Trakys, Gathuesi, Morais, Zarabi, Simon Brown, Dickoh, Showunmi.

sbell1875
17-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Lee Power
Barry Lavety
Jarko Wiss
Hurtado
Derek Collins

Have to disagree with Wiss and Collins.

Andy74
17-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Most of you are very lucky if these are the worst Hibs players you have seen.

mattyjacklegend
17-02-2013, 09:56 PM

Thanks to the folk who replied but I need to say something about this comment. This is a meaningless statement, which if we were to live by would shut sites like this down. It is a football forum so debating about the abilities of players is one of its main functions. You are not as good a player so you cannot comment? Does the same apply to managers? You have no experience as a manager so you never commented on Calderwood when he was making some of his strange decisions for instance? Sorry to rant but this comment annoys me. If we all thought like this there would be no debate for anything so we would just have to nod and agree in all parts of our lives. For instance you cannot comment on David Cameron as you have to assume he would be a better Prime Minister and politician than you as he 'made it' . Half of Jonathon Ross's career should never have happened as he was a film critic but I assume that Samuel L Jackson is a better actor than him. As I said forums and the world in general would be boring if you could only comment on something as an expert or former top level sports wo/man or actor/ess etc. God you could take it further and say Gary Neville can't comment on Messi as he was never as good a player as him. Although I understand they can't really be compared as completely different players. Sorry again for rant, just had to get it off my chest as just feel comment is lazy and trivialising.

Jonnyboy
17-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks to the folk who replied but I need to say something about this comment. This is a meaningless statement, which if we were to live by would shut sites like this down. It is a football forum so debating about the abilities of players is one of its main functions. You are not as good a player so you cannot comment? Does the same apply to managers? You have no experience as a manager so you never commented on Calderwood when he was making some of his strange decisions for instance? Sorry to rant but this comment annoys me. If we all thought like this there would be no debate for anything so we would just have to nod and agree in all parts of our lives. For instance you cannot comment on David Cameron as you have to assume he would be a better Prime Minister and politician than you as he 'made it' . Half of Jonathon Ross's career should never have happened as he was a film critic but I assume that Samuel L Jackson is a better actor than him. As I said forums and the world in general would be boring if you could only comment on something as an expert or former top level sports wo/man or actor/ess etc. God you could take it further and say Gary Neville can't comment on Messi as he was never as good a player as him. Although I understand they can't really be compared as completely different players. Sorry again for rant, just had to get it off my chest as just feel comment is lazy and trivialising.

I suggest you read the first sentence in the post where it is made clear that what follows is a personal opinion. Not trivialising and not lazy, just an individual point of view which I happen to agree with. There are plenty of folk willing to contribute to your article to trash former players

cleanyman
17-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Some of the suggestion's are no where near the worst.

I'd probably go

Simon Brown(Incredibly unprofessional and put on about 3 stone after losing his place)
Michael Hart(Torn apart, away at Killie springs to mind)
Konte as well....
Duffy.

Think those 4 are a decent shout....reasonable players i'm sure(on their day) but just not at Hibs.

cleanyman
17-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Scott, Trakys, Gathuesi, Morais, Zarabi, Simon Brown, Dickoh, Showunmi.

Trakys put in one of the finest forward performances I've ever seen in a Hibs shirt.

That 0-3 at Ibrox of course, for that alone, saved.

Time For Heroes
17-02-2013, 10:10 PM

why? the were both utter rubbish, one even has a cockney slang name for how good he was. :D

weedgiehibbie
17-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Zibi

Hart
Dietrich (i think was contracted to us & not a trialist)
Murdock
McQuilken

Tosh
De Graff
Wiss
Eliott

Power
Konte

mattyjacklegend
17-02-2013, 10:15 PM
I suggest you read the first sentence in the post where it is made clear that what follows is a personal opinion. Not trivialising and not lazy, just an individual point of view which I happen to agree with. There are plenty of folk willing to contribute to your article to trash former players

Fair enough, I shouldn't have called it lazy and trivialising, it is a personal point of view which I feel is trying to insert profundity were there is no need. Not that you will care but the site has fans from every club in the league doing the same as a series. Its meant to be a bit of fun and allow for reminiscing. I can kind of see where you are coming from in terms of trashing former players but they are big boys and some of them were wage thieves. I'm sure they will be OK.

mattyjacklegend
17-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Trakys put in one of the finest forward performances I've ever seen in a Hibs shirt.

Agreed, that is the only thing that will save him.

Glory Lurker
17-02-2013, 10:18 PM

Sorry, chief, just saying that I personally don't like this sort of thing. Sure, if such-and-such has had a bad game I'll say something about that, but I don't feel comfortable contributing to a concrete "hall of shame". I have met a player whose name has appeared on this sort of thing in the past and know from talking to him that he gave Hibs everything he had, but it just wasn't to be. Maybe I'm just a big jessie, but I don't see any reason why this won't apply to anyone else whose name might be suggested. If other folk do want to add to the list, then that's fine for them.

Oh, and by the by, at the risk of going off topic, I am quite comfortable with saying that David Cameron most certainly is a useless PM!

mattyjacklegend
17-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Zibi

Hart
Dietrich (i think was contracted to us & not a trialist)
Murdock
McQuilken

Tosh
De Graff
Wiss
Eliott

Power
Konte

Some good shouts but some were pre SPL e.g Tosh and Power. SPL started without us unfortunately in 98/99 season.

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Zibi Malkowski
Alan O'Brien
Michael Hart
Edwin de Graaf
Tom Soares
Matt Doherty

Players I would say are contenders from what I've seen in the flesh.No chance, poor attitude maybe but he wasn't THAT bad when he played for us and he scored a few important goals as well. The rest were gash.

Wotherspiniesta
17-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Zibi Malkowski
Alan O'Brien
Michael Hart
Edwin de Graaf
Tom Soares
Matt Doherty

Doherty? I actually thought he was good for us. Although he was a complete cock.

EdinMike
17-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Can I just say, the players most people mention are ones they can remember. And surprisingly most are recent.

It's the ones you don't remember that will no doubt be the worst... I feel this is a Jedi Mind trick here...

mattyjacklegend
17-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Sorry, chief, just saying that I personally don't like this sort of thing. Sure, if such-and-such has had a bad game I'll say something about that, but I don't feel comfortable contributing to a concrete "hall of shame". I have met a player whose name has appeared on this sort of thing in the past and know from talking to him that he gave Hibs everything he had, but it just wasn't to be. Maybe I'm just a big jessie, but I don't see any reason why this won't apply to anyone else whose name might be suggested. If other folk do want to add to the list, then that's fine for them.

Oh, and by the by, at the risk of going off topic, I am quite comfortable with saying that David Cameron most certainly is a useless PM!

Ha, fair enough mate. I do understand what you are saying and admit I may have got a bit carried away, ha. I won't stick the boot in terms of effort unless they deserve it eg Doherty and Calderwood. Plus I am no were near well known enough for this to be a concrete 'hall of shame', ha.

Squealing pig
17-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Graeme miller, gregg miller, paddy cregg, Brian Hamilton, yves, John rankin,

Squealing pig
17-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Manager - jockey Scott

Time For Heroes
17-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Bjarni Larusson... remember him? :D

Hiber-nation
17-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Lee Power
Barry Lavety
Jarko Wiss
Hurtado
Derek Collins

Derek Collins....whaaat? :confused:

ibrahimotitch
17-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Zibby
Zarabi O'hanlon Murdoch Kujabi
Morais Kerr Konde O'brien
Konte Donaldson

Jones28
17-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Joe Keenan? Horrendous player

GlenrothesHibee
17-02-2013, 11:13 PM
A

And Lavety

LaMotta
17-02-2013, 11:13 PM
why? the were both utter rubbish, one even has a cockney slang name for how good he was. :D

No they werent and neither was Barry Lavety. Crazy shouts.

hibsbollah
17-02-2013, 11:18 PM
I assume Konte being in there is just irony gone mad. HeGotUsIntoEurope©.

Derek Collins was a very decent left back.

And Matt Doherty? Dont be silly.

Hiber-nation
17-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Zibby
Konte Donaldson

I know Ally Donaldson was a hopeless keeper but why are you playing him up front? Surely you can't mean...nah, just naaah.

lord bunberry
17-02-2013, 11:25 PM
No they werent and neither was Barry Lavety. Crazy shouts.

I liked lavety as well I remember him scoring a cracker against the jambos

hibs4thecup1988
17-02-2013, 11:56 PM
I liked lavety as well I remember him scoring a cracker against the jambos

Next people will be saying De La Cruz :rolleyes:

I cannot believe people are saying Wiss and Collins. A lot of people forget what Wiss was in the team for! Break teams down...and he done that. Collins was good for us too.

Only 1 player that I can think of that was shocking absolutely and that was Zibi. Will never forget some of his games...

Other names where I have went whaaatttt at are Murdoch...(I assume you mean Colin MurdoCK?) A player who had an amazing night at Hampden when we beat the huns on penalties.

LeighLoyal
18-02-2013, 12:03 AM
For that goal vs Yams Lavety can never be in a worst 11.

One of the great mysteries of the Universe, for me, that Professor Brian Cox didn't include in his last series was how Ross Chisholm managed 50 appearances for Hibernian, I await the next series to see if this oversight is addressed.

Diclonius
18-02-2013, 12:06 AM
No chance, poor attitude maybe but he wasn't THAT bad when he played for us and he scored a few important goals as well. The rest were gash.

Doherty? I actually thought he was good for us. Although he was a complete cock.

I agree with you however his performance against Driver in THAT game is enough, coupled with his attitude after it.

sbell1875
18-02-2013, 12:07 AM

I started going regularly the season we were in the 1st (I was only 10 or 11 so my memory is sketchy) and to me Collins was all right, certainly nothing resembling a player I'd put in the worst Hibs team. Wiss wasn't the best player we've ever had but he was a Finnish international who was also playing in a very poor team post 2001 season. Managerial changes didn't help his consistency either.

Sweet Left Peg
18-02-2013, 12:29 AM
If you listen carefully to Oasis's "D'Yer know what I mean" you will hear a distorted voice proclaiming. that "Juuha Riipa won't be for long". Turns out it was true.

monktonharp
18-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Hi everyone! I am writing a blog for the Terrace Scottish football podcast (@terracepodcast) on Hibs worst SPL era 11. It has to be in a formation of my choosing but can't just be 11 strikers etc. Was wondering what you guys all felt was the worst player in each position just so my blog is feelings of Hibs fans in general rather than just my own. Your help is much appreciated and will post that blog after its been published along with other Hibs/Hearts related blogs I have done in the past to get your opinions. :hibeescan you be a bit more specific, namely........what the f/ck is a blog and what does it mean? dont tell me I am a silly auld whatever you want to call me, but, a blog? means nowt tae me.

Fergus52
18-02-2013, 12:50 AM

I don't know why he gets included in these lists.

He never played? I can only remember him starting twice, both were games that we won and he played well.

He looked pish whenever he came off of the bench and probably wasn't SPL level but I wouldn't include him in our worst players.

ibrahimotitch
18-02-2013, 03:09 AM
I know Ally Donaldson was a hopeless keeper but why are you playing him up front? Surely you can't mean...nah, just naaah.

Donaldson was terrible in his time at ER. His debut in the pre season game against Livi was a joke. Every single attempt at a cross into the box ended up sliced into the stands. And he never impressed really after that. I do also remember him scoring a hat trick against Killie too but im sure 2 were pens and one was an overhead kick while the keeper was down injured. Pretty sure he missed a penalty that same match too.

I do admit though, he does seem to be suffering from the leave Hibs and end up being quite a decent player syndrome.

I personally hold Petrie entirely responsible.

dmc1875
18-02-2013, 03:18 AM
Zibi Malkowski
Alan O'Brien
Michael Hart
Edwin de Graaf
Tom Soares
Matt Doherty

These two? Really?

Soares- Scored some important goals. Attitude stunk sometimes but clearly a player of ability

Doherty- Did really well for us I thought although once again his atittude stunk he was here just to play a few games

Both decent footballers really cant be considered as the worst to wear the green and white.

Midfielder wise what about Wiss, Kerr, Keenan, Noubissie, Andrews?

dmc1875
18-02-2013, 03:21 AM
My worst 11:

Zibi

Zarabi Murdoch O'Hanlon Edge

Kerr Noubissie Keenan Obrien

Hurtado Konte

ibrahimotitch
18-02-2013, 04:46 AM
Zibby
Konte Donaldson

I would possibly replace Konde for Chisolm. I can remember Konde man marking Hartley and actually played pretty well so maybe i've been a bit harsh having him in the team.

SaudiHibby
18-02-2013, 05:59 AM
Not one for rubbishing players to be honest but I do feel that as each ten years of my life goes by what seemed absolute rubbish in the 70's was surpassed in their rubbishness in the 80's and again in the 90's and again in the last ten years. How did we move from Blackley and Brownlie to O'Hanlon? How did we move from Benny Brazil to De Graaf? How did we progress from Alan Gordon to Nish? If this carries on **** knows how bad it will be in 2030!

hibbybrian
18-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Not one for rubbishing players to be honest but I do feel that as each ten years of my life goes by what seemed absolute rubbish in the 70's was surpassed in their rubbishness in the 80's and again in the 90's and again in the last ten years. How did we move from Blackley and Brownlie to O'Hanlon? How did we move from Benny Brazil to De Graaf? How did we progress from Alan Gordon to Nish? If this carries on **** knows how bad it will be in 2030!

Cheer up M.

You could equally have considered going from Duncan Lambie to O'Hanlon, Wendy Turnbull to De Graaf and Joe Ward to Nish :greengrin

Steve20
18-02-2013, 07:13 AM
I assume Konte being in there is just irony gone mad. HeGotUsIntoEurope©.

Derek Collins was a very decent left back.

And Matt Doherty? Dont be silly.

Derek Collins was a right back. However, I agree that he was a decent player and wouldn't be anywhere near a worst Hibs eleven.

easty
18-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Maybe should have my tin hat on but, for me, Andy McNeil was as bad a keeper as any the rest if them. Much much worse than Maka ever was. Jumping under the ball against Hearts was comical, Zibis positioning was in the semi final and that's the only reason it's worse, for me...

lyonhibs
18-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Even restricting our choices to the SPL era, some of these choices as "the worst ever" are absolutely woeful.

I'd say we are overly blessed in the GK department when choosing the worst ever, and Zarabi would have to be in contention at left back.

pritchie
18-02-2013, 09:05 AM
defo kuqi, junior agogo??? alan o brien, dickoh, o hanlon,

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I agree with you however his performance against Driver in THAT game is enough, coupled with his attitude after it.Still extremely harsh, Claros was the worst player on the park in the final and no one would put him in it.

NOLA
18-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Simon Brown

Jamie McQuilken
Mark Fulton
Alex Marinkov
Paul lovering

Paul Holsgrove
Andy Watson
Ross Chisolmn
Alan O,brien

Mark Caughey
Ivan Hurtado

Greentinted
18-02-2013, 10:05 AM
can you be a bit more specific, namely........what the f/ck is a blog and what does it mean? dont tell me I am a silly auld whatever you want to call me, but, a blog? means nowt tae me.

It's an online journal where any subject under the sun can be discussed. Think 'Rangers Tax Case'. Wiki elaborates:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

GlenrothesHibee
18-02-2013, 11:03 AM
On the flip side how about this for a team...

Andersson
Murphy
Jones
Mcpake
Whittaker
Brown
Thomson
Sauzee
Latapy
Fletcher
Zitelli

hibsbollah
18-02-2013, 12:00 PM

Andersson
Murphy
Jones
Mcpake
Whittaker
Brown
Thomson
Sauzee
Latapy
Fletcher
Zitelli

Apart from slightly favouring Ben Williams over Andersson in goals, i absolutely love that team :agree: Sauzee as sweeper, CB or midfield general?

GlenrothesHibee
18-02-2013, 12:20 PM
I put him in midfield but he could play anywhere in that side tbh lol.

Ross4356
18-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Konte & Zibi

LeighLoyal
18-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Konte & Zibi

He made Nelly the tank Hurtado look good.

jacomo
18-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Some of the suggestion's are no where near the worst.

I'd probably go

Simon Brown(Incredibly unprofessional and put on about 3 stone after losing his place)
Michael Hart(Torn apart, away at Killie springs to mind)
Konte as well....
Duffy.

Think those 4 are a decent shout....reasonable players i'm sure(on their day) but just not at Hibs.

:agree:

1st man on the team sheet for me. As you say, it's not to do with a lack of ability (Hibs have had many substandard players over the years), it's his disgraceful attitude that earns him top billing.

Michael Hart - maybe, Konte's a cult hero (of sorts), and it feels bad to judge Duffy too harshly.

lyonhibs
18-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Andersson
Murphy
Jones
Mcpake
Whittaker
Brown
Thomson
Sauzee
Latapy
Fletcher
Zitelli

McPake oot, Sauzee back into defence and a fit Beuzelin into midfield.

Thankyou please.

GlenrothesHibee
18-02-2013, 02:43 PM
McPake oot, Sauzee back into defence and a fit Beuzelin into midfield.

Thankyou please.

Im depressed now. What a team lol