PDA

View Full Version : Clayton Donaldson

nribs
17-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Is looking decent for Brentford today

HibbyAndy
17-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Each to their ain but i though he looked cumbersome and lethargic. Not doubting his ability as he has rattled in 19 goals this season but today he was tom kite.

LeighLoyal
17-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Once the first one went in Chelsea were always going to romp home.

nribs
17-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Fist 45 mins he was running that flank superbly. Was getting forward well. Tracking back well putting in some great challenges and allways finding his man

bigsmokestu
17-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Certainly don't miss him.

Jones28
17-02-2013, 02:39 PM
He came, he failed, he buggered off and is now doing well. Fair play to him but is a thread every other week nessessary?

Time For Heroes
17-02-2013, 03:22 PM
He came, he failed, he buggered off and is now doing well. Fair play to him but is a thread every other week nessessary?

Agreed!

nribs
17-02-2013, 03:48 PM
He came, he failed, he buggered off and is now doing well. Fair play to him but is a thread every other week nessessary? An ex hibee on the telly having a good game. Really there needs to be guidlines what you can and can't post on here these days

Dan Sarf
17-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Just back from the game. Clayton is quick and worked hard. But, after holding out valiantly for the first half, Brentford were well beaten by the chosen ones (as Chelsea see themselves).

Brentford fans never gave up though - and booed John Terry every time he touched the ball. Which was nice.

nribs
17-02-2013, 04:14 PM
He came, he failed, he buggered off and is now doing well. Fair play to him but is a thread every other week nessessary? An ex hibee on the telly having a good game. Really there needs to be guidlines what you can and can't post on here these days

chinaman
17-02-2013, 04:36 PM
An ex hibee on the telly having a good game. Really there needs to be guidlines what you can and can't post on here these daysand some are saying he failed at hibs , the guy was never given a chance. donaldson or doyle ??

nribs
17-02-2013, 06:42 PM
and some are saying he failed at hibs , the guy was never given a chance. donaldson or doyle ??

Sorry but im not sure i get your point?

jgl07
17-02-2013, 09:54 PM

He came, he wasn't played, and was sold on to Crewe. He was signed from non-League football and needed time to adjust to the faster pace. He wasn't given enough match time by Hibs. Crewe did give him match time.

Even so he scored six goals from 13 starts for Hibs.

For some reason his face just didn't fit with Mixu. I think he was signed on a pre-contract by John Collins.

Jones28
17-02-2013, 10:08 PM
He came, he wasn't played, and was sold on to Crewe. He was signed from non-League football and needed time to adjust to the faster pace. He wasn't given enough match time by Hibs. Crewe did give him match time.

For some reason his face just didn't fit with Mixu. I think he was signed on a pre-contract by John Collins.

Well that's fine, and now he is doing much better, fair play to him. I'm pleased he is doing well.

My point is that it's another thread on the same player who played, as you say, a mere 13 games for Hibs. There are others doing well down south far more worthy of a mention. What about Stephen dobbie?

jgl07
17-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Duplicate

Fergus52
17-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Well that's fine, and now he is doing much better, fair play to him. I'm pleased he is doing well.

My point is that it's another thread on the same player who played, as you say, a mere 13 games for Hibs. There are others doing well down south far more worthy of a mention. What about Stephen dobbie?

I think there's alot of threads about Donaldson because many of our fans criticised him unjustifiably whilst he was here.

IWasThere2016
18-02-2013, 05:39 AM
Duplicate

Have you no read the posting guidelines?

Terrible conduct for .net young man!

nribs
18-02-2013, 06:19 AM

I wasn't watching Stephen Dobbie yesterday though.

R'Albin
18-02-2013, 06:36 AM
Have you no read the posting guidelines?

Terrible conduct for .net young man!

:greengrin

greenlex
18-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Possibly Collins best signing.

The Sea-gull
18-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Possibly Collins best signing.

What, better than Makalamby, Kerr, Joneleit, O'Brien, Antoine-Curier, Morais, Nubussi, Sowumni and Gathuessi?

Bostonhibby
18-02-2013, 11:25 AM
What, better than Makalamby, Kerr, Joneleit, O'Brien, Antoine-Curier, Morais, Nubussi, Sowumni and Gathuessi?

Its a fair point, a highly talented bunch, but which of the Showumni's are you on about?!

The Sea-gull
18-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Its a fair point, a highly talented bunch, but which of the Showumni's are you on about?!

The one that we had, not the one that played for Falkirk :greengrin :wink:

Actually, that illustrious list maybe takes us back to the point at which things started going wrong for us as a club.

Much as I liked Collins and his philosophy, he couldnae deal in the transfer market and make the most of his budget. After he left, he went on about how he wanted to sign Steven Naismith, Barry Robson and Jamie Smith but these were all players who would have went for anything either side of the £1m mark at that point. Not realistic options for us at that time or any time.

When it came to it, he couldn't operate efficiently and effectively with a realistic but ultimately very generous budget given to him by the board. A budget which, in that summer of 2007, was bigger than anything Mowbray was given and bigger than anything that Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood or Fenlon have had to play with. Don't forget, he paid reasonably big transfer fees for the likes of O'Brien and Maka. A definite missed opportunity.

Broken Gnome
18-02-2013, 01:02 PM

Actually, that illustrious list maybe takes us back to the point at which things started going wrong for us as a club.

Much as I liked Collins and his philosophy, he couldnae deal in the transfer market and make the most of his budget. After he left, he went on about how he wanted to sign Steven Naismith, Barry Robson and Jamie Smith but these were all players who would have went for anything either side of the £1m mark at that point. Not realistic options for us at that time or any time.

When it came to it, he couldn't operate efficiently and effectively with a realistic but ultimately very generous budget given to him by the board. A budget which, in that summer of 2007, was bigger than anything Mowbray was given and bigger than anything that Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood or Fenlon have had to play with. Don't forget, he paid reasonably big transfer fees for the likes of O'Brien and Maka. A definite missed opportunity.

Sad ain't it. Hibs could have really done something in 2005/06, but Hearts new found 'wealth' saw to that. Two years on the back of a cup win and big crowds, the biggest budget we had put together was by and large wasted.

Treadstone
18-02-2013, 01:41 PM

Until Franck came along JC was my favourite Hibee. This list here is exactly why John failed and no other reason. Collins has always done whats best for John.

Bostonhibby
18-02-2013, 01:52 PM

:agree: entirely, I so wanted JC to succeed longer term but the signings were dire / transitory. In O'Brien I felt he signed somebody who might be able to keep him company at the gym but an eye wateringly bad footballer and time has shown that to be correct......

Tin hat on, but I do sometimes sympathise when RP gets stick because he did back his manager here but the manager blew the money IMHO
it seems that giving the money to the wrong managers was maybe the problem and the buck does stop with the board there.

Incidentally, there was a third Showumni, but lets not go there :wink:

chinaman
18-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Sorry but im not sure i get your point? who would you prefer in the hibs team at the moment, doyle or donaldson ?

Jones28
18-02-2013, 11:27 PM
who would you prefer in the hibs team at the moment, doyle or donaldson ?

Based on what? Current form or at their time with Hibs? Because its hardly comparable to be fair to Doyle. Plus ED still has more goals than Donaldson did

jgl07
18-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Based on what? Current form or at their time with Hibs? Because its hardly comparable to be fair to Doyle. Plus ED still has more goals than Donaldson did

Doyle has played a lot more matches than Donaldson and his strike ratio remains lower than Donaldson.

Jones28
19-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Doyle has played a lot more matches than Donaldson and his strike ratio remains lower than Donaldson.

Donaldson scored from a lot of penalties did he not?

*3 penalties and 6 goals overall according to wiki

nribs
19-02-2013, 03:21 PM
who would you prefer in the hibs team at the moment, doyle or donaldson ?

Either or as niether have been great for us? I only mentioned i was watching an ex hibee on the tv having a decent game against epl oposition. I never metionend wanting him back but i don't dislike the guy do it"s good seing him do well

basehibby
19-02-2013, 05:51 PM

From what I remember of Clayton he had the pace and could finish pretty good but had a first touch that was decidedly Conference. He is the kind of striker who will score a few but is definately no world beater. I don't miss him.

Would I prefer him to Doyle? Not sure as Donaldson has some very good attributes for a striker but Doyle is a better overall footballer.

Andy74
19-02-2013, 06:43 PM
I liked Donaldson but then again I liked O'Brien too.

gillythehibby
19-02-2013, 09:04 PM

What aboot Joe Tortolano :-) Time super joe got some respectin the form of his ver own thread.

Robinho08
20-02-2013, 05:59 AM
Donaldson scored from a lot of penalties did he not?

*3 penalties and 6 goals overall according to wiki

I havent checked the stats, but I think he only scored 1 goal in open play? :confused: I remember he scored a hatrick against Kilmarnock, 2 were penalties,

Still think he wasn't given enough time. Also if my memory serves me right, JC signed him but it was Mowbray that originally wanted him?

Jones28
20-02-2013, 08:41 AM
I havent checked the stats, but I think he only scored 1 goal in open play? :confused: I remember he scored a hatrick against Kilmarnock, 2 were penalties,

Still think he wasn't given enough time. Also if my memory serves me right, JC signed him but it was Mowbray that originally wanted him?

That's my point. I know penalties are difficult but it's easier to score a goal from a penalty than it is from open play, something Doyle has done 8(?) times this season I think?

allezsauzee
20-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Donaldson is pish, never was good enough for Hibs and never will be