PDA

View Full Version : loyalty points system

simple
16-02-2013, 09:37 PM
I Don't post much but noticed the yams had over 14k today, the reason I believe is most people will be trying to gain enough loyalty points for a cup final ticket.

I think this is definitely something Hibs should introduce, what do people think?

Mikey
16-02-2013, 09:41 PM
My understanding is that there were 14k there because they've been buying match tickets to try and keep their club alive.

No one there would have any trouble whatsoever getting a ticket for the final.

lucky
16-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Apparently if they went today they are guaranteed a LC final ticket

Sir David Gray
16-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Considering that they'll potentially get about 30,000 tickets for the final, I don't think there's any danger of any Hearts fan, wanting to go to that match, not being able to do so.

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2013, 09:46 PM
I Don't post much but noticed the yams had over 14k today, the reason I believe is most people will be trying to gain enough loyalty points for a cup final ticket.

I think this is definitely something Hibs should introduce, what do people think?

I think we should have something.

If we start being good to watch folk will come back - it was only a few years ago where we had Sunday morning queues for Falkirk away tickets and the day derby tickets went on sale was a panic (again in the Mowbray days). For Cup Finals everyone that wants one will get one but it sorts out the order rather than last year where ST holders decided.

LancashireHibby
16-02-2013, 09:46 PM
No danger of missing out on a League Cup Final ticket given their opponents (though it was in the St Mirren programme today that they expect to take 17,500 which is a tremendous effort IMO).

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2013, 09:47 PM
But the yams are in a different place - Dire Straits and asking for Money for Nothing.

Seriously tho loyalty points on the face of it appears to be a fairer way to determine pecking order for tickets.

Mac
16-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Similar to buy a ST and get a ticket for the Scottish Cup final, did anyone ever get the stats for that as there was lot of hugely inflated numbers getting touted.

Loved the comments by the Lithuanian Director during an interview, they cannae half spin a story, blamed the media for creating panic and its business as usual when questioned about Ukio Bankas, mmmmm so I guess the official statement on the official website stating that the St Mirren game maybe the last ever game for Hearts was done by the media!! How gullible are those deluded cretins, they buy everything they spin them and actually now attack the media!! Words escape me!!

So business as usual, media creating panic and please by a ST, Mmm wonder why they are trying to say things are great, because they want to take more money of the deluded ones as god knows where that club will be in the summer never mind next season

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2013, 09:50 PM
My understanding is that there were 14k there because they've been buying match tickets to try and keep their club alive.

No one there would have any trouble whatsoever getting a ticket for the final.

Does that mean we would could buy tickets and not show to leave the gaps showing HFC or 7-0 ;)

simple
16-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Just noticed I hit 100 posts today over 10 years, I think I need to slow down!!

lord bunberry
16-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Considering that they'll potentially get about 30,000 tickets for the final, I don't think there's any danger of any Hearts fan, wanting to go to that match, not being able to do so.

That's wrong. If they have got 400,000 fans and they only get 30,000 tickets there's going to be lots of disappointed fans

hfc rd
16-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Apparently if they went today they are guaranteed a LC final ticket

Was that not the case with us last season regarding Scottish Cup final tickets. We were going to play Dunfermline in a relegation decider and the club were going to give some cup final tickets away to fans that bought tickets for that match. Hence maybe how we got a massive crowd that night as fans were doing everything they could to get their hands on a cup final ticket.

Jones28
16-02-2013, 10:32 PM
I don't see much point in anything changing tbh, did anyone who wanted a ticket for the final not get one?

Northernhibee
17-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Hardly fair on Hibees further afield from Easter Road IMO.

#FromTheCapital
17-02-2013, 02:43 AM
Poor support for such a big team. They have 400000 fans ffs

StevieC
17-02-2013, 04:42 AM

My understanding is that there were 14k there because of the ground-breaking 3D match programme. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
17-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Hardly fair on Hibees further afield from Easter Road IMO.

A loyalty system wouldn't stop them gaining points - club shop sales etc should be included.

Jack
17-02-2013, 08:41 AM
The clubs IT systems were not designed with the ability to have a loyalty points system included so to build one in is very expensive.

Hibs are looking to update their IT systems in the near future and some form of tracking punters will be included.

LancashireHibby
17-02-2013, 11:58 AM
The clubs IT systems were not designed with the ability to have a loyalty points system included so to build one in is very expensive.

Hibs are looking to update their IT systems in the near future and some form of tracking punters will be included.
There is a loyalty points system already integrated in to the ticketing database, which is how they can do 'previous booking history only' for Hearts/Celtic games. It just needs a certain amount of effort and strategy to build it up, although I don't think it's completely necessary anyway and would have been better served by continuing the club membership scheme.

The_Todd
17-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Was that not the case with us last season regarding Scottish Cup final tickets. We were going to play Dunfermline in a relegation decider and the club were going to give some cup final tickets away to fans that bought tickets for that match. Hence maybe how we got a massive crowd that night as fans were doing everything they could to get their hands on a cup final ticket.

Not quite. From memory, the prize was the chance to skip the queue to buy tickets rather than the prize being the tickets themselves. For me, that was only a sideshow. The fact it was essentially a relegation decider was the main reason as well as being the last home game of the season was what made it such an important game, for me at least.

The_Todd
17-02-2013, 12:04 PM

Don't see how, Hibs use Ticketmaster. As do Hearts, and Spurs who both operate loyalty points systems.

Jones28
17-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Will the new system take into account previous seasons? So for instance, the past 5 seasons?

DH1875
18-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Dunfermline game was a lottery to have the chance to buy tickets so even if you went you weren't guaranteed one. Think it was only something like 500 seat numbers. We have however done it in the past. Pretty sure when we played Dundee Utd years ago we got a voucher at the turnstile for the league cup final.

No idea why we can't have something in place, especially when we already have the database in place. Surely if you buy a ticket for the Killie game through the club they could but a tick next to your name or something as buying the ticket puts you on the database :confused:.

PatHead
18-02-2013, 01:39 PM
. Suppose the problem is that if you buy from the pods before the game or pay at the gate you are excluded from records. That means that someone who attends the majority of games and pays at the gate is scunnered.

With regard to the loyalty points I understand a new ticketing system will be put in place shortly which copes with this. Cue the moaning for it not counting for the last X years.............

truehibernian
18-02-2013, 01:43 PM
I see Craig Thomson turned up at Tynecastle on Saturday to collect his loyalty points - shame for him that Killie turned up to take the real ones on offer :greengrin Must have hurt each time he turned away and pointed towards the centre spot :agree:

As a wee aside - Kilmarnock look like they played some decent football. A similar formation that we played against Saint Mirren may suit us for the cup game as they look like they are playing Dayton and Gros in the wider areas.

With Hearts defensive frailties due to injury and lack of game time together being exposed, I've definitely got a feeling Steven Thompson will bag a couple in the final for Saints.

M6hibee
18-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Hope so mate. Really hope the buddies upset them. Notice that despite their financial plight, yams are still arrogantly presuming they will roll into Hampden and win this cup

Houchy
18-02-2013, 02:03 PM

Aye but with 400,000 fans, some will be disappointed:greengrin

truehibernian
18-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Hope so mate. Really hope the buddies upset them. Notice that despite their financial plight, yams are still arrogantly presuming they will roll into Hampden and win this cup

Had it not been for a cup winning tackle in the closing minutes, I think made by Robbie Neilson of all people, little old Gretna would have walked away with the cup that day in 2006 :agree: Hearts were on the ropes - this will be the same St Mirren team that's taken them to a replay in last years cup and also beaten them in the LC semi I think the season before ? Aye, Saints will roll over right enough - have faith mate, karma will win this one (I've heard he hates the Yams :greengrin) and there will be an open top bus driving through Paisley with cup winners on board displaying the newly won cup - the cup dressed in black and white ribbons :wink: