PDA

View Full Version : New Director - Colin McNeill

Mikey
16-02-2013, 06:29 PM
According to here...........

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/the-hibernian-football-club

Beefster
16-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Good appointment. Still need a decent, experienced Chief Exec.

greenginger
16-02-2013, 06:34 PM
I just posted it on the P M board saying he was appointed at the beginning of the month and never heard anything about it.

I wonder what his outstanding talent is ? :confused:

Billy Whizz
16-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Good appointment. Still need a decent, experienced Chief Exec.

Do you know of him?

Mikey
16-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Do you know of him?

If it's the same Colin McNeill who was at the club a few years ago he'll be a very good appointment. I'm double checking that one :wink:

hihohibby
16-02-2013, 06:40 PM
I just posted it on the P M board saying he was appointed at the beginning of the month and never heard anything about it.

being able to spend £1 million spare cash on the team he loves, hopefully!!:greengrin

Mikey
16-02-2013, 06:45 PM

This is from 2006, but at the moment I'm just assuming it's the same person. The spelling of McNeill if the same so I suspect it is.

http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profile/person?personId=387665597&targetid=profile

Mikey
16-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Yep, same person.

The Harp Awakes
16-02-2013, 06:47 PM
If it's the same Colin McNeill who was at the club a few years ago he'll be a very good appointment. I'm double checking that one :wink:

44 years old sounds about right so I think it must be the same guy that was Commercial Director about 5 years ago. Think he left to take up a job at Scottish Power. Met him a few times back then. He was a good guy and forward thinking:aok:

Beefster
16-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Do you know of him?

As has been said, he worked for the club a few years back. More initiative and drive in his pinkie than other recent execs have had put together.

DoonTheSlope
16-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Looks like a good appointment. Colin has a good reputation.

Stantons Angel
16-02-2013, 07:38 PM
As has been said, he worked for the club a few years back. More initiative and drive in his pinkie than other recent execs have had put together.

Very well said!

This is the same Colin McNeill that worked with Hibs before as you have stated.

He was an excellent communicator with the fans and held his own with doubters and those who opposed his ideals.

I for one welcome him back and as you quite rightly say he has more guile and leadership than both of his predecessors put together!

Welcome back Colin and i hope you can shake the others out of their deep sleep and get things moving in the right direction.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Any reason why Hibs haven't announced this?

oregonhibby
16-02-2013, 07:41 PM
It all depends whether it is NxD cf with full time. He is a class act and will definitely help things.

marinello59
16-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Great news. I remember a very complimentary thread about him on here when he left before.

Baldy Foghorn
16-02-2013, 07:54 PM

Seems strange not to announce it.....

oregonhibby
16-02-2013, 07:56 PM
No. Just process.

Jonnyboy
16-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Delighted to see Colin back :agree: As good a signing as we've made of late!

Mikey
16-02-2013, 07:57 PM

Seems strange not to announce it.....

They will.

StevieC
16-02-2013, 07:58 PM
If it's the same person then this is fantastic news. :thumbsup:

oregonhibby
16-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Yes. Glad for him too.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2013, 08:01 PM
They will.

Is he to beef up the commercial area or move into a more general role?

Mikey
16-02-2013, 08:01 PM
If it's the same person then this is fantastic news. :thumbsup:

Definitely is.

Mikey
16-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Is he to beef up the commercial area or move into a more general role?

Don't know. Commercial I assume.

Also don't know if he's full time or non exec.

Hibby D
16-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Excellent news.
It's a fantastic appointment
Welcome back Colin :agree:

oregonhibby
16-02-2013, 08:11 PM
This is the most significant appointment outside the manager. I hope he is the next CEO.

AllyF
16-02-2013, 08:12 PM
'The future's green and white', Teenage Kicks, all the promotion around the Mowbray era was Colin McNeil's work.

Huge gain to have him back at the club.

Scònaldò
16-02-2013, 08:16 PM
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/heart-of-midlothian-football-club

Any idea why it would say (Active - Proposal to Strike off as of 13 Feb 2013) on the above link?

glenn6270
16-02-2013, 08:19 PM
can he play up front
:wink:

Jonnyboy
16-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Excellent news.
It's a fantastic appointment
Welcome back Colin :agree:

This is the most significant appointment outside the manager. I hope he is the next CEO.

Indeed. As I say in post 18, a fine signing :thumbsup: :agree:

Dalkeith
16-02-2013, 08:28 PM
A guy that should never have been allowed to leave

Mac
16-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Indeed. As I say in post 18, a fine signing :thumbsup: :agree:

Colin is a fantastic guy, very astute and commercially aware, met him recently in the Directors Box so adds up!!

He was communications director previously and was head hunted by a previous board member to join Scottish Power in an International capacity.

He doesn't suffer fools gladly even if his demeanour gives a different impression, delighted to see him back.

smurf
16-02-2013, 08:31 PM
This is very good news. A very talented guy.

greenginger
16-02-2013, 08:33 PM

Any idea why it would say (Active - Proposal to Strike off as of 13 Feb 2013) on the above link?

That Company is'nt the Football Club loved by those of a Yam persuasion. It was formed back in 1990 and has never traded. Probably part of the Mercer take-over scheme and they have decided it ain't worth doing the annual returns any more as they will be lucky to have even one Company trading next season.. :greengrin

monktonharp
16-02-2013, 09:08 PM
That Company is'nt the Football Club loved by those of a Yam persuasion. It was formed back in 1990 and has never traded. Probably part of the Mercer take-over scheme and they have decided it ain't worth doing the annual returns any more as they will be lucky to have even one Company trading next season.. :greengrinit looks rather murky water, to say the least. quite a few director resigned notes there, and capital of £100. never new they had that much.:rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
16-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Sounds like we are heading in the right direction again. Good stuff.

Speedway
16-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Wasn't High Fiveland brought in as Colin's replacement originally?

Mikey
16-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Wasn't High Fiveland brought in as Colin's replacement originally?

No. That was Ian Spence.

greenlex
16-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Things never seem to work out second time around, Mistake. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
16-02-2013, 09:32 PM
No. That was Ian Spence.

Which is an anagram for totally ineffective and anonymous :wink:

Mac
16-02-2013, 09:32 PM
No. That was Ian Spence.

Oh dear, now that was a singing of the Jarko Wiss variety

Russell The Dug
16-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Delighted with this news. Colin done a fantastic job before and his legacy was always there.

Welcome back c, more of the same before kick off again please and the future is green :-)

Twiglet
16-02-2013, 09:33 PM

Quick look at CH website, looks like it's an application to remove from the CH register...

lucky
16-02-2013, 09:38 PM
It's time that ST holders elected one of their own onto the board. A real fans representative who is accountable to the fans through the ballot box

Saorsa
17-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Yep, same person.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Delighted tae Have Colin back on board again, disappointed when he left, great that he's back :top marks

RIP
17-02-2013, 01:50 AM
It's time that ST holders elected one of their own onto the board. A real fans representative who is accountable to the fans through the ballot box

There are several Hibs supporters on the board and in management. Most were Hibbies long before they took their current roles. The Board sit down with individual supporters and representatives of organisations once a month.

Hibs are ahead of most SPL clubs when it comes to supporter involvement. A lot of this progress was kicked off by Colin McNeil.

Danderhall Hibs
17-02-2013, 07:07 AM
Seems to be a lot of folk happy about this.

What can we expect to change or be improved?

Beefster
17-02-2013, 07:25 AM

IMHO, anyone put on a board specifically to represent a large 'outside' group's interests inevitably goes 'up there own arse' and becomes one of the folk that they're supposed to be monitoring. I'd much rather have folk running the club who have proven themselves in equivalent roles elsewhere.

Depends on what his remit is and how receptive the rest of the board are to change, I suppose.

bingo70
17-02-2013, 07:27 AM

This is what I find a bit strange, I'm sure he's very good at his job but people are getting awfy excited about the appointment of a board member. Dont really get it Tbh.

Benny Brazil
17-02-2013, 07:58 AM
This is what I find a bit strange, I'm sure he's very good at his job but people are getting awfy excited about the appointment of a board member. Dont really get it Tbh.

Agreed - unless he has 20 or 30 million in spare cash to throw at the club then its just another board appointment sure he may have some good qualities but it will make little difference to us the fans.

gegs70
17-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Is his job to bring in more funds through sponsorship and havd companies take up season tickets etc?

Could companies get discounts if bought for employees? So if they had 10 tivkets employees and family members could use them every so often....

down-the-slope
17-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Don't know. Commercial I assume.

Also don't know if he's full time or non exec.

I'm going to guess that its Non Exec - Rod has shown a talent for getting really good individuals into those roles where the Club benefits from their talents without - like himself - costing the club money (particularly when management / staff have been trimmed hard back)

I would go as far as saying in my interactions with management its the Non Execs who have impressed me most on many levels....

greenginger
17-02-2013, 08:38 AM

Would'nt work, they always go native ! :greengrin

RIP
17-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Is his job to bring in more funds through sponsorship and havd companies take up season tickets etc?

Could companies get discounts if bought for employees? So if they had 10 tivkets employees and family members could use them every so often....

No - that's Russell Smith ..........and he does it well. He has board support from Bruce Langham who is very experienced from his time at Fulham and Aston Villa.

Colin's experience is in Communications and Corporate Affairs. Fyfe was originally Marketing and Communications so although Russell and Bruce cover the Commercial side I'm hoping we can see a furthering of our club's work with supporter engagement. Colin was instrumental in the creation of the original fans forums that led to the idea behind LWT.

Your company ticket idea is worth considering

EVENTUALLY
17-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Things never seem to work out second time around, Mistake. :greengrin

"Gusher" goes back a long way with STF and has been re-recruited more times than Ben Williams has saved a pen.
Wonder how long the latest reunion will last.

FWIW Colin is a no bad lad....for a Dundee fan.

silverhibee
17-02-2013, 09:25 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130217/board-update_2262950_3079711

down-the-slope
18-02-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm going to guess that its Non Exec - Rod has shown a talent for getting really good individuals into those roles where the Club benefits from their talents without - like himself - costing the club money (particularly when management / staff have been trimmed hard back)

I would go as far as saying in my interactions with management its the Non Execs who have impressed me most on many levels....

Hibernian FC today announced that Colin McNeill has joined the Board as a Non-Executive Director.

:whistle:

Danderhall Hibs
18-02-2013, 01:33 PM
No - that's Russell Smith ..........and he does it well. He has board support from Bruce Langham who is very experienced from his time at Fulham and Aston Villa.

Colin's experience is in Communications and Corporate Affairs. Fyfe was originally Marketing and Communications so although Russell and Bruce cover the Commercial side I'm hoping we can see a furthering of our club's work with supporter engagement. Colin was instrumental in the creation of the original fans forums that led to the idea behind LWT.

Your company ticket idea is worth considering

Cheers for the reply - don't think many others saw my question.

Is your explanation the reason why so many are excited by the appointment?

oramhibee
19-02-2013, 07:36 AM
If there are any doubters...

hibbymac
19-02-2013, 08:21 AM

:confused: doubting what?

Beefster
19-02-2013, 08:34 AM

I'm excited because he's so handsome and witty.

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2013, 01:40 PM

I didn't doubt he had the job. Just wondered what he's going to improve - still don't really know.

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm excited because he's so handsome and witty.

Not seen a photo yet.

Beefster
19-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Not seen a photo yet.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/colin-mcneil-returns-to-hibernian-boardroom-1-2796694

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2013, 02:47 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/colin-mcneil-returns-to-hibernian-boardroom-1-2796694

I'm now on board. Can't wait for him to start!

RIP
19-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Cheers for the reply - don't think many others saw my question.

I am excited because European Football is witnessing a recent shift away from the notion that paying supporters are mere customers. In some countries they are owners within the community model - see Bundesliga and Barca as examples. In the UK, community ownership is picking up momentum via organisations such as Supporters Direct. In other clubs, supporters trusts are allocated a place in the boardroom and a voice in shaping the strategy of the football club.

Some clubs are at a less advanced stage because unlike our neighbours across the city, they have not reached a crisis point. At Hearts, Dunfermline, St Mirren, less so Motherwell, supporters trusts are stepping in where owners are stepping out in order to safeguard the future of their clubs. At Hibs, under Sir Tom and Rod were are in comparatively safe hands so nobody here is battering on the boardroom door.

But the more directors we have that value a partnership with supporters- the better. Colin initiated that engagement seven or eight years ago and in many ways created the environment for initiatives like Hibees Reunited, Hibs12thMan and Let's Work Together to flourish. I'm hoping that Colin can add his skills and foresight to the collaborative projects we have underway at the moment. Board members and management have invested heavily in LWT and another pair of hands will be very welcome to bring these projects to a successful outcome.

Hope I'm not expecting too much, too soon

M6hibee
19-02-2013, 05:18 PM
I am excited because European Football is witnessing a recent shift away from the notion that paying supporters are mere customers. In some countries they are owners within the community model - see Bundesliga and Barca as examples. In the UK, community ownership is picking up momentum via organisations such as Supporters Direct. In other clubs, supporters trusts are allocated a place in the boardroom and a voice in shaping the strategy of the football club.

Some clubs are at a less advanced stage because unlike our neighbours across the city, they have not reached a crisis point. At Hearts, Dunfermline, St Mirren, less so Motherwell, supporters trusts are stepping in where owners are stepping out in order to safeguard the future of their clubs. At Hibs, under Sir Tom and Rod were are in comparatively safe hands so nobody here is battering on the boardroom door.

But the more directors we have that value a partnership with supporters- the better. Colin initiated that engagement seven or eight years ago and in many ways created the encouragement for initiatives like Hibees Reunited, Hibs12thMan and Let's Work Together. I'm hoping that Colin can add his skills and foresight to the collaborative projects we have underway at the moment. Board members and management have invested heavily in LWT and another pair of hands will be very welcome to bring these projects to a successful outcome.

But he certainly has the right credentials judging from the potted history there. Promising appointment

Mikey
19-02-2013, 05:21 PM
The first thing he'll be getting his teeth into is ST sales for 2013/14.

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2013, 07:01 PM

But the more directors we have that value a partnership with supporters- the better. Colin initiated that engagement seven or eight ye

Cheers mate.

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2013, 07:03 PM
The first thing he'll be getting his teeth into is ST sales for 2013/14.

I hope he has a look at the pricing structure. Makes no sense that it's the same price all round the ground - centre of the west and east should be most expensive then reducing to the ends of each of the stands (including the F5).

rcarter1
19-02-2013, 07:18 PM
By the sound of it a popular appointment, and a good guy. Out of interest, given that we were told there was no money for players, what exactly does this job entail and is it paid? ( I presume yes).

I'm very happy to support good appointments at board level, but I for one don't fully understand what these guys do. :dunno:

Mikey
19-02-2013, 07:34 PM
By the sound of it a popular appointment, and a good guy. Out of interest, given that we were told there was no money for players, what exactly does this job entail and is it paid? ( I presume yes).

I'm very happy to support good appointments at board level, but I for one don't fully understand what these guys do. :dunno:

He's a non executive director so will be getting expenses. That's a pretty good deal for the expertise we'll get in return.

oregonhibby
19-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Unless things have changed the NxDs take nothing, not even expenses.

bingo70
19-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Unless things have changed the NxDs take nothing, not even expenses.

Why do they do it then? Is it just because they're fans of the club and want to help out?

Fair play if that is the case and I'm delighted someone else will be involved with the st promotions next season as they made a right erse of it this season imo.

CropleyWasGod
19-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Why do they do it then? Is it just because they're fans of the club and want to help out?

Fair play if that is the case and I'm delighted someone else will be involved with the st promotions next season as they made a right erse of it this season imo.

There is that, for sure.

But a lot of business is about (and I hate the word) "networking". Making contacts, getting in with the "right people", having something extra on their CV; all of which will have a positive effect on their paid career.

rcarter1
19-02-2013, 09:04 PM
He's a non executive director so will be getting expenses. That's a pretty good deal for the expertise we'll get in return.

Win Win then for Hibs. Good on the guy for putting his time into the club. :thumbsup:

oregonhibby
20-02-2013, 04:26 AM
They do it for the love of the Club. Gone are the days of the Club suit paid for by the Club, they buy their own, or at least they used to. Also I know some used to buy season tickets too so the Club didn't lose any revenue.

Beefster
20-02-2013, 05:53 AM
I hope he has a look at the pricing structure. Makes no sense that it's the same price all round the ground - centre of the west and east should be most expensive then reducing to the ends of each of the stands (including the F5).

I sit roughly centre of the East and think that's a sensible idea - as long as the centres don't rocket in price and everywhere stays where it was.

bigwheel
20-02-2013, 06:49 AM
It's very unusual for a non exec to work only for expenses. Even if they are prepared to commit time an effort for free the role comes with legally binding director liabilities ...a more typical model would be 20-40k per annum plus expenses to cover fees and their professional liabilities and for perhaps 2-3 days per month of committed time.

In some industries the income for the non exec can be much higher. I have no knowledge of this particular arrangement , just speaking generally .

Importantly, the value this role can add should more that fund any associated costs ..

oregonhibby
20-02-2013, 10:00 AM
There are no fees associated with this role. It is not the same as other NxD's in industry and the accounts are clear in that they waive fees.

bigwheel
20-02-2013, 02:50 PM
There are no fees associated with this role. It is not the same as other NxD's in industry and the accounts are clear in that they waive fees.

Fantastic

Stevie Reid
20-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Was one of the ones that got invited to the fans forums that ended up establishing the SUABC campaign, CM's company was facilitating the sessions - always came across really well and after we employed him was here during a harmonious time for the club. Glad to have him back.

Jonnyboy
20-02-2013, 08:57 PM

I sit roughly centre of the East and think that's a sensible idea - as long as the centres don't rocket in price and everywhere stays where it was.

I'm pretty sure the club looked at this before and it has its difficulties. If you think about it, fans can enter say the East Stand and pretty much sit in any vacant seat. In other words a fan could pay, say, £20 for a seat in the East when that seat entitled him/her to sit in say a section from the corner flag to the edge of the 18 yard box. Once in though, that fan could pretty much sit anywhere there's a vacant seat so he/she could sit level with the half way line, next to a season ticket holder who's paid top whack for the privilege of sitting in that same position.

Beefster
20-02-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the club looked at this before and it has its difficulties. If you think about it, fans can enter say the East Stand and pretty much sit in any vacant seat. In other words a fan could pay, say, £20 for a seat in the East when that seat entitled him/her to sit in say a section from the corner flag to the edge of the 18 yard box. Once in though, that fan could pretty much sit anywhere there's a vacant seat so he/she could sit level with the half way line, next to a season ticket holder who's paid top whack for the privilege of sitting in that same position.

JB, if I'm paying top dollar for a centre seat, there had better be barbed wire and armed security guards to stop the hoi polloi getting anywhere near me.

Saorsa
20-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm pretty sure the club looked at this before and it has its difficulties. If you think about it, fans can enter say the East Stand and pretty much sit in any vacant seat. In other words a fan could pay, say, £20 for a seat in the East when that seat entitled him/her to sit in say a section from the corner flag to the edge of the 18 yard box. Once in though, that fan could pretty much sit anywhere there's a vacant seat so he/she could sit level with the half way line, next to a season ticket holder who's paid top whack for the privilege of sitting in that same position.When the west was built there were different prices for the centre and wings of the stand and I believe the reason you state was the reason it was done away with, people were paying for the cheap seats then sitting in the dear seats while others had paid top dollar.

Danderhall Hibs
20-02-2013, 09:53 PM

I can see that, however IMO there should be some kind of differentiation.

Saorsa
20-02-2013, 09:57 PM
I can see that, however IMO there should be some kind of differentiation.Aye, but some of the people who want tae pay less still want tae sit in the best seats. There would have tae be a cost effective way of making sure people were sitting in the seats they paid for and no working their ticket. Reducing prices then having tae spend more money making sure people do what they are supposed tae makes nae economic sense.

Danderhall Hibs
20-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Aye, but some of the people who want tae pay less still want tae sit in the best seats. There would have tae be a cost effective way of making sure people were sitting in the seats they paid for and no working their ticket. Reducing prices then having tae spend more money making sure people do what they are supposed tae makes nae economic sense.

Wonder how the other teams manage this?

Saorsa
20-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Wonder how the other teams manage this?Nae idea, maybe they should look in tae it again, I'm merely pointing out what happened before with people cheating. I'd have nae problem with the idea as long as the people who want cheaper seats were sitting in them and were only getting what they were paying for and not taking the seats that others are paying full price for.

Jonnyboy
20-02-2013, 10:10 PM
JB, if I'm paying top dollar for a centre seat, there had better be barbed wire and armed security guards to stop the hoi polloi getting anywhere near me.

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
20-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Nae idea, maybe they should look in tae it again, I'm merely pointing out what happened before with people cheating. I'd have nae problem with the idea as long as the people who want cheaper seats were sitting in them and were only getting what they were paying for and not taking the seats that others are paying full price for.

Agreed. Maybe a reduced price seat for not as good a view would entice folk that can't afford full whack back as well.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2013, 08:21 AM
I'd have season tickets that let you sit on any seat, a first come first served basis. You buy your season ticket and sit where you like. I'd move section 43 to the lower section of the FF, make the east terrace the family section.

jacomo
21-02-2013, 05:05 PM
can he play up front
:wink:

Bring back Riordan!

Hibby Kay-Yay
21-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Why not have a golden ticket for every 200 season tickets sold which entitles you to either a free season ticket/hospitality for 2/club vouchers/an active training session with the first team/ a seat in the dug out for a match/stone on the east stand/ etc...

The golden ticket would have one of these prizes on it.

Saorsa
21-02-2013, 05:17 PM
I'd have season tickets that let you sit on any seat, a first come first served basis. You buy your season ticket and sit where you like. I'd move section 43 to the lower section of the FF, make the east terrace the family section.Aye, lets give the biggest best stand over tae families who pay less and stick the full paying adults behind the goals with the poorest view. Anybody who thinks they'd be charging me for the dearest ticket then puting me in the poorest seats in the house would be getting a simple 3 word response.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Aye, lets give the biggest best stand over tae families who pay less and stick the full paying adults behind the goals with the poorest view. Anybody who thinks they'd be charging me for the dearest ticket then puting me in the poorest seats in the house would be getting a simple 3 word response.

I dont see why you would need to move? :confused: The stand is half full now most weeks, moving the families into the east would put quite a few extra bodies in there, and give section 43 their own place to grow properly without miserable buggers moaning about the standing, the drum or the bloody noize? :greengrin

Saorsa
21-02-2013, 09:38 PM
I dont see why you would need to move? :confused: The stand is half full now most weeks, moving the families into the east would put quite a few extra bodies in there, and give section 43 their own place to grow properly without miserable buggers moaning about the standing, the drum or the bloody noize? :greengrinBut naebody moans about the noise, drum or standing where we are because we all stand and make noise :greengrin My current seat is in section 43 and I stand, (I also shout rude words at the opposition and refs and join in the naughty songs :greengrin ). I've been in that area of the ground regardless of what structure was in place for the 35 years I've been going tae ER and I'd rather have the drum and singing beside me than a load of screaming bairns so I think we'll agree tae disagree. The miserable buggers and the families can sit in the FF :agree:

The best place for section 43 is section 43. Section 43 wouldnae be section 43 if they were in the FF :wink:

RIP
21-02-2013, 11:24 PM
But naebody moans about the noise, drum or standing where we are because we all stand and make noise :greengrin My current seat is in section 43 and I stand, (I also shout rude words at the opposition and refs and join in the naughty songs :greengrin ). I've been in that area of the ground regardless of what structure was in place for the 35 years I've been going tae ER and I'd rather have the drum and singing beside me than a load of screaming bairns so I think we'll agree tae disagree. The miserable buggers and the families can sit in the FF :agree:

The best place for section 43 is section 43. Section 43 wouldnae be section 43 if they were in the FF :wink:

Class response DD!!

One of the most witless ideas ever posted on Hibs.Net. Section 43 is just an area of seats where hundreds of people stand and sing. It used to be called the Gantry. You can't move people any more than you can move a seating section.

marinello59
21-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Class response DD!!

One of the most witless ideas ever posted on Hibs.Net. Section 43 is just an area of seats where hundreds of people stand and sing. It used to be called the Gantry. You can't move people any more than you can move a seating section.

Families not welcome in Section 43 then. Are they allowed to stand near you guys at away games?

Beefster
22-02-2013, 06:02 AM
Class response DD!!

Isn't Section 43 a group of supporters too?

Wembley67
22-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Why did he move on last time?

Saorsa
22-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Why did he move on last time?He left for the position he is currently in as far as I'm aware, obviously a better full time position career/finance wise than one at Hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2013, 11:37 AM
He left for the position he is currently in as far as I'm aware, obviously a better full time position career/finance wise than one at Hibs.

I heard he walked barefoot to his new office?

Beefster
22-02-2013, 11:42 AM
I heard he walked barefoot to his new office?

Dunno about that but he wasn't nice about us in his PR Weekly column.

Saorsa
22-02-2013, 11:50 AM
I heard he walked barefoot to his new office?Perhaps somebody from the daily bog roll could confirm that one way or the other :agree: speaking for myself I couldnae tell you.

RIP
23-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Class response DD!!

Families not welcome in Section 43 then. Are they allowed to stand near you guys at away games?

Isn't Section 43 a group of supporters too?

The area around me is full of families. I stand with my kids, my brother, niece and nephew behind me. Wee kids about ten in front. A 6 year old lassie, mum and dad behind me. The only thing we have in common is we like to create atmosphere by singing. In all other respects I don't see myself different from any other supporter who goes to the game.

M6hibee
23-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Well it's an obvious one from me oft talked about but ticket prices need to be considered. We need to entice people back and a price reduction should be considered.

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Well it's an obvious one from me oft talked about but ticket prices need to be considered. We need to entice people back and a price reduction should be considered.

Price reduction is fine and well in theory, but starves the Club of vital income.......Then we can all bump our gums just as to why we never enticed Messi to join us.........

M6hibee
23-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Price reduction is fine and well in theory, but starves the Club of vital income.......Then we can all bump our gums just as to why we never enticed Messi to join us.........

Aye but I'm not arguing we make a huge cut, jut enough to appeal to people to think its a reasonable price and more people through the gates would more than make up for it. Simple really

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2013, 07:17 PM

It does Steve, yet other clubs have done better than us on less income than we generate. Although now that we seem to be going a long way to addressing this situation, we now have to do this with less fans coming through the door. :confused:

marinello59
23-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Aye but I'm not arguing we make a huge cut, jut enough to appeal to people to think its a reasonable price and more people through the gates would more than make up for it. Simple really

How much of a cut do you think would make a real difference to crowd size without actually costing the club money.

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2013, 07:21 PM
It does Steve, yet other clubs have done better than us on less income than we generate. Although now that we seem to be going a long way to addressing this situation, we now have to do this with less fans coming through the door. :confused:

I know Gary, it's a difficult one to administer correctly IMO, and certainly don't envy the Marketing role, trying to get the packages right.....

I would also love to see how much ICT pay out annually, when their home gates rarely rise above 3,000....

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2013, 07:30 PM
I know Gary, it's a difficult one to administer correctly IMO, and certainly don't envy the Marketing role, trying to get the packages right.....

I would also love to see how much ICT pay out annually, when their home gates rarely rise above 3,000....

We all know Hibs should never be fighting relegation, but bad management whether at board level or team level had us in 2 relegation battles in the last 2 seasons. It has pisssed folk off, but what i dont understand is the level of critisism this team is getting?

When a club is on the up, i'd have thought as a supporter they would want to play their part in helping them, but it appears while the team are giving their all, we as a support could do a lot better.

If that statement applies to anyone reading this, instead of coming on and telling me why you dont go or cant be bothered, or how fed up you are, wht not give the team some support?

Lets all get behind this new team and new manager and help them onwards and upwards.

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2013, 07:43 PM
We all know Hibs should never be fighting relegation, but bad management whether at board level or team level had us in 2 relegation battles in the last 2 seasons. It has pisssed folk off, but what i dont understand is the level of critisism this team is getting?

When a club is on the up, i'd have thought as a supporter they would want to play their part in helping them, but it appears while the team are giving their all, we as a support could do a lot better.

If that statement applies to anyone reading this, instead of coming on and telling me why you dont go or cant be bothered, or how fed up you are, wht not give the team some support?

Lets all get behind this new team and new manager and help them onwards and upwards.

Good luck with this one:greengrin

We had some telling us last week, how they were not going to Paisley after losing at home to St Johnstone......That's what the team and Manager have to contend with. Lose and all in the orchard is rotten......

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2013, 08:08 PM
How much of a cut do you think would make a real difference to crowd size without actually costing the club money.

How do you know unless you try it?

marinello59
23-02-2013, 08:21 PM
How do you know unless you try it?

That doesn't answer my question does it?

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2013, 09:07 PM
That doesn't answer my question does it?

No. What is the answer out of interest?

marinello59
23-02-2013, 09:26 PM
No. What is the answer out of interest?

****ed if I know.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2013, 09:29 PM
****ed if I know.:greengrin

:hilarious Back to my question then?...

marinello59
23-02-2013, 09:39 PM
:hilarious Back to my question then?...

I asked M6hibee first. Maybe he can enlighten us both. :greengrin

oramhibee
12-04-2013, 02:41 AM
:confused: doubting what?

Sorry my reply is late...

i dunno, just in case no one believed it but dk why someone wouldn't believe it...

awkward...