PDA

View Full Version : For the attention of those fed up with Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 06:25 PM
What were you expecting this season, and why? Also why are we giving this new man and his new team less time to gel than they normally get considering the progress? :confused:

3pm
16-02-2013, 06:35 PM
What do you think?

Wotherspiniesta
16-02-2013, 06:39 PM
What were you expecting this season, and why? Also why are we giving this new man and his new team less time to gel than they normally get considering the progress? :confused:

I don't like bringing it up, but I think its down to that game on May the 19th. I think some fans are quite unfair towards Fenlon simply because he was in charge on that day.

But he's got to be given time. In just over a year, he's shwon that he can build a team capable of competing at the right end of the table in this league. After listening to his assesment of the game on Monday, I was sure he'd get the team together for this one and like a lot of times this season, they've responded well to Fenlon's urgings.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 06:46 PM
What do you think?

I expected nothing this season, maybe a fight for 7th or 8th.

Hiber-nation
16-02-2013, 06:47 PM

Fishin again....:greengrin

HibeeSince85
16-02-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm reasonably pleased with the season from a points gained point of view. Some decent football at the start of the season, I am a bit concerned in the slump in form and wary of it with past seasons still too fresh in the mind.

Maybe the stay away's have those memories a bit too fresh? I dunno. I've been a ST holder for years and will be renewing anyway so I'm not one of the fans you're looking to answer.

hibsitis
16-02-2013, 06:52 PM
The question is 'why are we on a position of having to recover from a poor run?' PF has brought in better players but we are lacking evidence that he can get the best from them. As I have said on other threads, the mark of a good manager is to make a team perform better than the sum of its parts. Evidence to date is that PF is achieving the opposite.

hibsbollah
16-02-2013, 06:52 PM
In the summer i expected midtable or lower.

After tannadice 3-0 on the opening week i expected relegation by ten points.

The improvement has been dramatic. Fenlon deserves credit for the new players he's brought in, and if we concentrate more on being tough to break down than being easy on the eye, thats natural after what we all went through in May. We have a team with FIGHT for a change :agree:

MrSmith
16-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I expected a drab season finishing 6th but a complete overhaul in terms of player attitude, culture and direction from top to bottom. Also, to be consistent, better preparation and business done during the transfer windows.

Wotherspiniesta
16-02-2013, 06:55 PM
The question is 'why are we on a position of having to recover from a poor run?' PF has brought in better players but we are lacking evidence that he can get the best from them. As I have said on other threads, the mark of a good manager is to make a team perform better than the sum of its parts. Evidence to date is that PF is achieving the opposite.

Surely this post is a wind up?

3pm
16-02-2013, 06:56 PM

Maybe that's all we're capable of?

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Fishin again....:greengrin

No, not fishing. I just find this a strange season, we are making progress only a fool would not agree, but we have more than we normally have unhappy about the team this season?

I find this strange considering where we were and were we are now, but as someone else said has last seasons cup final worked against Fenlon and the team, are we less tolerant than before?

McPake said they would never run over the top of us again, he said things have changed, maybe they have for the support too? Normally if we can see progress, and see the team are giving their all, we forgive the odd bad performance.

Thats not the case this season?

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Maybe that's all we're capable of?

What did you expect this season?

3pm
16-02-2013, 07:00 PM

7th or 8th?

HibbyDave
I'm not fed up JUST with Hibs.....it's Scottish hoofball in general. I went to St Midden today. This was my first match since "that day in May".

I went to see if PF could get a reaction from the players after watching Monday night's dross on TV. if he had failed i'm sad to say I wuld then have been lost to hibs for the forseeable future. The players huffed and puffed ( some were blowing out their Ar*es after 60 mins) and the problem for me is that this season especially, every team have a great chance to acheive something, I'm not convinced that the ambition is there at ER. I don't know why, it just doesn't feel great to watch us anymore.

In the past I've gone everywhere to see my beloved club. Not sure i'll be rushing to the queue anytime soon.............I must have become a glory hunter so please make sure I get cup semi-final and Final tickets if we get there.:thumbsup:

Also, well done Sec 43 today plenty noise and encouragement...keep it up guys.

NORTHERNHIBBY
I expected a season much along the lines that we have had,

GlenrothesHibee
16-02-2013, 07:02 PM
I dont know why some fans are so upset to be honest. They manager has had one hell of a job on his hands. Cant think of a manager with a bigger rebuilding job to do at Hibs since Mcleish replaced Duffy. And there was a lot more resources available then than now.

We are by no means brilliant but people need to understand that Rome wasnt built in a day. The manager has had a whole mentality to change. He has done well to bring strong characters to the club like Mcpake, Williams, Deegan and others and this had made us a tough team to beat. These are foundations we can build on in the next couple of seasons when we will be more of a finished product.

This is a time that we really should be getting 100% behind Pat and the players. Hopefully people will start to appreciate the work Pat is doing and realise there is still a long way to go before we see the finished article.

silverhibee
16-02-2013, 07:03 PM

A XL top.

hihohibby
16-02-2013, 07:04 PM
2nd spot for starters! and why not? This current SPL contains teams of "average ability". The league table shows there is little between most sides (Dundee and Celtic excepting) Fenlon just needs to get this lot gelled, settled, fighting and believing. For me, Fenlon will be on a shoogly peg only when and if Hibs end the season delivering the same mind-numbing performances and sitting in the bottom 6. It's still too early for him to be dismissed as not up to scratch. He deserves and needs a full season behind him as manager with his own team.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 07:07 PM
2nd spot for starters! and why not? This current SPL contains teams of "average ability". The league table shows there is little between most sides (Dundee and Celtic excepting) Fenlon just needs to get this lot gelled, settled, fighting and believing. For me, Fenlon will be on a shoogly peg only when and if Hibs end the season delivering the same mind-numbing performances and sitting in the bottom 6. It's still too early for him to be dismissed as not up to scratch. He deserves and needs a full season behind him as manager with his own team.

2nd bottom to 2nd top in 1 season, do you not think thats a wee bit ambitious?

Pete
16-02-2013, 07:08 PM
I hope the st Johnstone result was the turning point to end this dip we have had. Remember, all teams have them and results could have been a lot worse.

A few more points and some determined performances would be great in the next few games. If we take care of killie in the cup it would be fantastic!

It isn't beyond us to have a really good season, not just an improvement on last term.

Stevie Reid
16-02-2013, 07:12 PM
After making the depressing journey back from Tanandice after the first game of the season (the one and only time that I have seriously questioned Fenlon) I thought we were in for another grim struggle - to be in 4th place and 3 points off second with 11 games to go is great. We have lost a lot of games but only Motherwell and Celtic have won more.

Whilst the quality of football of late has been questionable, the progress that we have made most definitely is not, and we saw on Monday the quality that will be arriving with us next season in the shape of Liam Craig. We are in better hands than we have been in for some time.

Stevie Reid
16-02-2013, 07:15 PM

:agree: We are currently the most improved team in the SPL. 2nd wasn't out of the question at the start of the season, and still isn't, but to expect it after where we were last season is/was unreasonable.

hihohibby
16-02-2013, 07:15 PM

I like to think that lots of other of my fellow Hibby's as well as the club itself are as ambitious. So, no! I don't think going from 2nd bottom to 2nd top is ambitious..not when the general standard of all the other clubs is on a par with our own mediocrity.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 07:19 PM
I like to think that lots of other of my fellow Hibby's as well as the club itself are as ambitious. So, no! I don't think going from 2nd bottom to 2nd top is ambitious..not when the general standard of all the other clubs is on a par with our own mediocrity.

Although last season we were miles away from mediocrity.

3pm
16-02-2013, 07:19 PM

?

Beefster
16-02-2013, 07:21 PM

So you did expect something?

A decent steak pie and the ****ers have let me down.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 07:22 PM
So you did expect something?

A decent steak pie and the ****ers have let me down.

Aye a double negative. :greengrin

hihohibby
16-02-2013, 07:23 PM
:agree: We are currently the most improved team in the SPL. 2nd wasn't out of the question at the start of the season, and still isn't, but to expect it after where we were last season is/was unreasonable.
I truly see nothing in other teams that make me think we can't clinch 2nd spot. So, no, I don't see it as unreasonable. The bar, for me, has been lowered for all clubs with the demise and ommision of the team that was once called Rangers from the SPL. This season (and next) is a unique opportunity for our club to "push all the way" for runners up. To heck with last season. It's in the past. Fenlon, at this moment in time, has as much quality at his disposal as McCall or Butcher...so definitely not unreasonable.

GlenrothesHibee
16-02-2013, 07:23 PM

You expected 2nd? Really?

greenginger
16-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Nothing to do with thread but this it hardly deserves a thread of its own.

We have a new Director _ Colin Fyffe Mcneill aged about 44, appointed at the beginning of the month.

Never saw anything about it and nothing on the official site.

What does he do ? Will he bring back the good times ? :confused:

hihohibby
16-02-2013, 07:27 PM
I agree..It's hard to think of how truly bad we were last season..when our current mediocrity is allowing us to genuinely compete for 2nd spot. We're sitting high, despite some of the most eye aching performances one can imagine. So, with a wee bit of belief and fight, sprinkled with that contentious thing called luck, I still maintain we can clinch 2nd spot..which is what I genuinely thought before the seasons start.

judas
16-02-2013, 07:28 PM
I don't like bringing it up, but I think its down to that game on May the 19th. I think some fans are quite unfair towards Fenlon simply because he was in charge on that day.

But he's got to be given time. In just over a year, he's shwon that he can build a team capable of competing at the right end of the table in this league. After listening to his assesment of the game on Monday, I was sure he'd get the team together for this one and like a lot of times this season, they've responded well to Fenlon's urgings.

Fenlon should have been sacked on the evening of the final.

The bar as dropped at hibs, a new level of acceptance has been established and now it is being consolidated by some of hibs net staunchest members.

CallumLaidlaw
16-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Top 6 was what I was hoping for, and in a fairly even league was always possible. ICT, Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Killie had fairly settled sides so could always see them as the better sides in the league outwith Celtic. We have competed with all teams this season and have done well to grind a lot of results out in games where we would have been overrun last year.

I still say we should never have been in THAT cup final. PF would probably be in a better position with some fans if we'd lost the semi final.

Stevie Reid
16-02-2013, 07:30 PM
I truly see nothing in other teams that make me think we can't clinch 2nd spot. So, no, I don't see it as unreasonable. The bar, for me, has been lowered for all clubs with the demise and ommision of the team that was once called Rangers from the SPL. This season (and next) is a unique opportunity for our club to "push all the way" for runners up. To heck with last season. It's in the past. Fenlon, at this moment in time, has as much quality at his disposal as McCall or Butcher...so definitely not unreasonable.

Of all the teams that are still in the SPL from last season, we finished the lowest - the nearest team to us were ICT in 10th, 6 points above us. From such a low starting point it is unreasonable to expect 2nd IMO - we are currently the most improved team in the league and 2nd is in sight, so definite progress has been made so far.

It's no surprise that the two non OF teams above us have two of the longest serving managers in the league (McCall inherited an already good squad from Craig Brown as well), who have had time to instill their ethos at their respective clubs, build contacts and from that, build good squads from good use of the transfer market. It is absolutely no surprise that Motherwell are in 2nd right now.

Hainan Hibs
16-02-2013, 07:32 PM
With Rangers out of the league there may by more impatience due to the fact that 2nd place is now open for everyone.

Speedy
16-02-2013, 07:32 PM
I want to enjoy the game. Whether we win, lose or draw isn't a big issue but I don't want to sit there for 90 minutes thinking 'this is utter *****, I'd rather be in the house' and unfortunately that's how I felt on Monday.

Incidentally Monday was the first time I've left early. I even sat until the final whistle of the cup final but after watching 80 minutes of that "performance" on a cold Monday night I just didn't want to be there.

In general we have made progress and certain games this season have been enjoyable but like it or not, games like Monday night will keep fans away.

kentao
16-02-2013, 07:33 PM
I expected a top 6 finish with the team showing more fight and determination to get something out of games. During the first half of the season the football was decent to watch to an extent we were playing football the Hibs way with the ball on the deck and creating chances and scoring goals. skip to the second half of the season and the football has turned into hoofball, chances are few and far between as are the goals.

I am not overly keen with the 4-5-1 formation with the personnel we have. It would have been better if we could have got a Daly or Higdon type player to knock the ball upto and create something from the knock downs.

I have started having doubts recently over Fenlon and whether hes the right man for the job, hopefully the slumps over and we can continue fighting for 2nd and not falling down the league.

GGTTH

Mikey
16-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Nothing to do with thread but this it hardly deserves a thread of its own.

We have a new Director _ Colin Fyffe Mcneill aged about 44, appointed at the beginning of the month.

Never saw anything about it and nothing on the official site.

What does he do ? Will he bring back the good times ? :confused:

Assuming it's the same Colin McNeill as was at the club before then it is worth a thread of it's own :wink:

hihohibby
16-02-2013, 07:37 PM
You expected 2nd? Really?
Definitely!
I guess it doesn't help that I expect 3rd most seasons (when the Gers were around), along with a Scottish cup final win. These are my benchmarks for my Hibs. I don't expect my team to be done over by teams on a fraction of the budget. Inevitably I have been let down big time most seasons bar a few since I started going to ER way back in the mid 60s. Maybe I'm deluded..but being deluded does not mean I can't remain ambitious and set benchmarks for my team, does it?.:dunno:

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Top 6 was what I was hoping for, and in a fairly even league was always possible. ICT, Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Killie had fairly settled sides so could always see them as the better sides in the league outwith Celtic. We have competed with all teams this season and have done well to grind a lot of results out in games where we would have been overrun last year.

I still say we should never have been in THAT cup final. PF would probably be in a better position with some fans if we'd lost the semi final.

Not really thought of the cup final in that way and you do have a good point.

jeffers
16-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm not the first to say this but at the start of the season I hoped for the top 6, but as the season wore on we were at times playing decent football allied to the fact other than Celtic no other teams were that great I didn't see why we couldn't finish between 2nd and 4th. Maybe we will and if so Pat Fenlon deserves great credit. Maybe he is a victim of the decent start we had and expectations have risen due to that.

But the football in the last few months by and large has been dreadful, what was it 1 league win in 10 before today ? If we were on the same points total but had done so with more a win one, lose one string of results then those who BH claims are fed up with Hibs would probably be less so. Our recent league form culminating in Monday's show has been alarming, form that if continued would have seen us on more points than last season but in the same position. Would that be progress ?

lord bunberry
16-02-2013, 07:40 PM

Some people just need to have a bit more patience. We were never going to be world beaters this season but we have shown enough in spells this season to be optimistic for the future. The fact is we have already surpassed last seasons points total we have better players than last year and at this stage of the season we are still in the hunt for 2nd place and were still in the cup. I'm not pretending everything is perfect cause its not but its better than some are making out

clerriehibs
16-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Not really thought of the cup final in that way and you do have a good point.

Given we're not really that much better than last season, so by the same logic, Hibs should make a point of NOT going any further in this year's Scottish?

Stevie Reid
16-02-2013, 07:45 PM
On 19 February 2012 we were beaten 5-0 at home by Celtic and we were 11th in the SPL on 19 points, the same as Dunfermline in bottom place, and 8 points off 10th. In 26 games we had won 4 times and lost 15, and had a goal difference of - 26.

Motherwell were 26 points above us in 3rd, and Hearts and St. Johnstone had 17 points more than us in 4th and 5th respectively. Kilmarnock had 13 more points, and Dundee Utd and Aberdeen 12.

Will all of their wage bill, Hearts were in 4th with 36 points from 27 games, one point worse off than we are now.

Keith_M
16-02-2013, 07:47 PM
I honestly didn't know what to expect. I presumed that we'd be safe from relegation, simply because of Dundee, but that was about it.

What I hoped for was: improvement in the quality of players, to start beating Hearts and a top six finish. Out of those wishes, I'd say the first has been achieved (though it would have been difficult to get a worse team), we've done well results wise against Hearts (though a league win would be nice) and we're looking like we'll finish in the top six (but anything can happen).

So, my report card: Reasonable level of progress, shows signs of improvement but needs to continue the upward momentum :wink:

JimBHibees
16-02-2013, 07:58 PM
What I wanted this season was a team with a bit of backbone and spirit which we have provided. Some of the football isnt great however PF has improved the team and IMO it will only get better given time and a bit of patience. We have had some great results including knocking Yams out of the cup and are unbeaten against both Hearts and Celtc which is in anyones book a great achievement. We are in the quarters of the cup and IMO have an even chance to get to the semi which would bring in some much needed cash for the club. We will have poor games where we struggle as we arent a good team if sides sit in against us. Give the guy a proper chance to do the job and please appreciate where we have come from.

basehibby
16-02-2013, 08:35 PM

The bar as dropped at hibs, a new level of acceptance has been established and now it is being consolidated by some of hibs net staunchest members.

A mind blowingly STUPID contention :bitchy:

OsloHibs
16-02-2013, 08:40 PM
I simply wanted top 6 finish, another cup run (not against Hearts), To beat Hearts and get a decent keeper!

After Utd game, I just wanted to get to the end of the season...

Know I'll get 'heckled' and told I'm not a real fan as I don't go every week (ZZzzzz- I pay my Hibs International) but I'm happy with how it's gone so far. Ok Monday was awful.. and the football isn't exactly Real madrid but.. They're doing all I wanted so thumbs up from me...

Now next season.. I want.... :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
16-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Given we're not really that much better than last season, so by the same logic, Hibs should make a point of NOT going any further in this year's Scottish?

Opinion I suppose. I think we're much better. Much harder to beat, much harder working.

basehibby
16-02-2013, 08:55 PM
At the start of the season I thought we'd finish mid table - 6th - 8th - that may well be how things turn out yet but so far, on the whole, the team have done better than I thought they would.

I'd concur with the idea that the absence of Rangers has blown 2nd place wide open, but didn't think we'd signed enough creative players at the outset to be in the mix so was surprised and delighted to be hitting top in the 1st quarter. That lack of creativity still needs to be addressed in the summer but the additions of Done and Robertson should help (eg. looks like Done made a good contribution today in winning the penalty).

As things stand we are still ahead of the game in the race for european places and still in the cup, so Fenlon is doing well. That said, there has been a real slump in form recently including some dreadful football and it's not surprising that some more cynical fans have jumped on it as proof of impending doom. I hope today's victory is a sign we've turned the corner - as has been pointed out, 2nd place is still very much up for grabs, but then so is 11th. For the record I think we'll end up closer to 2nd.

hstn747
16-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Last season i think he got the patient off life support and breathing by itself. This year we're walking and talking. Still Waiting for us to start running.

Baldy Foghorn
16-02-2013, 09:04 PM

:hmmm: Has to be a wind up surely......

bingo70
16-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Opinion I suppose. I think we're much better. Much harder to beat, much harder working.

It's nothing to do with opinion, you're right we are much better than last season, our points tally and goals against record this season compared to last year prove that.

Waxy
16-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Remember the poll we did before the season started.
Whilst we where all still angry,hardly anyone thought we'd be top half of the table and a high percentage thought we should be sticking by Pat Fenlon.At the time Pat knew the club needed changing and has set about that.
We all shouted to the board to sign Mcpake for us.They did it.Same with Leigh this January.
They are listening to us.
We all said it would take time to improve and to me it's happening surely.
Even at the St johnstone game you could see how angry the players were at the goals and this group of players are all trying very hard.

Lets get behind the players for the rest of the season.It could still end in massive glory.

judas
16-02-2013, 09:24 PM
:hmmm: Has to be a wind up surely......

I rest my case.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Remember the poll we did before the season started.
Whilst we where all still angry,hardly anyone thought we'd be top half of the table and a high percentage thought we should be sticking by Pat Fenlon.At the time Pat knew the club needed changing and has set about that.
We all shouted to the board to sign Mcpake for us.They did it.Same with Leigh this January.
They are listening to us.
We all said it would take time to improve and to me it's happening surely.
Even at the St johnstone game you could see how angry the players were at the goals and this group of players are all trying very hard.

Lets get behind the players for the rest of the season.It could still end in massive glory.

:agree: I cant understand one bit why we are all not getting behind this new team, as you say its performing much better than most of us thought it would?

Any improvement next season will see it start from a much better level than it started from this season, it should be a little easier for pat to attract players too. We are a crap bunch really, we have our 8k who are the die hards, but the others need to be molly coddled beyond their worth if you ask me? :rolleyes:

I mean here today we won an away game against St Mirren, a decent side, a side in the League cup final after they beat a very good Celtic side, yet one of our fans said last week, i was going but after Mondays defeathe was not going to bother. Yet he has booked a hotel for the cup final in May, that's a tremendous sacrifice i'm sure you will all agree? :rolleyes:

3pm
16-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Really?

CallumLaidlaw
16-02-2013, 09:36 PM
:agree: I cant understand one bit why we are all not getting behind this new team, as you say its performing much better than most of us thought it would?

Any improvement next season will see it start from a much better level than it started from this season, it should be a little easier for pat to attract players too. We are a crap bunch really, we have our 8k who are the die hards, but the others need to be molly coddled beyond their worth if you ask me? :rolleyes:

I mean here today we won an away game against St Mirren, a decent side, a side in the League cup final after they beat a very good Celtic side, yet one of our fans said last week, i was going but after Mondays defeathe was not going to bother. Yet he has booked a hotel for the cup final in May, that's a tremendous sacrifice i'm sure you will all agree? :rolleyes:

As I've said elsewhere we took a pretty good crowd through today after Monday.
Glad I still went tho. Is these away wins that mean more. I took my 8 year old along today. He has a season ticket but it was his first away trip. He was so excited. He told me he would be really sad if we lost. Then he told me as long as we scored he'd be happy, so to be right behind the penalty was brilliant. He is finally sitting watching the full game, and is definitely another diehard in the making.
His funniest comment tho was when I asked him what he thought of the stadium. His reply? "We'll they'd obviously spent all their money on the players". :thumbsup:

greenginger
16-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Assuming it's the same Colin McNeill as was at the club before then it is worth a thread of it's own :wink:

Agree with that. Can you move it over or just delete it as the info. is out now.

Glad it is new info though, if it had been common knowledge and it had passed me by, I would have been a bit worried. :greengrin

gegs70
16-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Its probably because we have bee1n un steady decline for several seasons. May 19th was just the straw that broke the camels back. Im not altogether happy with the football either which is pretty poor for what we are paying and given that only 1 team is relegated really means that every team can be a little more attacking instead of side to side and hoof it up the park...I think on top of the price , the entertainment, Scottish Football is poor player for 2nd or 3rd place....league splits etc, keep changing the leahue set up till it works an 11-1 voting structure......

Ive forgotten what are the positives again??

Jonnyboy
16-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Its probably because we have bee1n un steady decline for several seasons. May 19th was just the straw that broke the camels back. Im not altogether happy with the football either which is pretty poor for what we are paying and given that only 1 team is relegated really means that every team can be a little more attacking instead of side to side and hoof it up the park...I think on top of the price , the entertainment, Scottish Football is poor player for 2nd or 3rd place....league splits etc, keep changing the leahue set up till it works an 11-1 voting structure......

Ive forgotten what are the positives again??

1. You're a hibby

2. Our manager doesn't wear a shirt and tie/trackie combo

3. We won today, p-laying decent passing football

gegs70
16-02-2013, 09:47 PM
1. You're a hibby

2. Our manager doesn't wear a shirt and tie/trackie combo

3. We won today, p-laying decent passing football

Cheers mate....I'll grab another celebration beer!!

greenlex
16-02-2013, 09:52 PM
I maybe wrong but I think the point he was trying to make was that Fenlon would be in a better place even if we had had a 5-1 defeat in the final as long as it wasnt to them rather than not being there in the first place.

Baldy Foghorn
16-02-2013, 11:17 PM
I rest my case.

You have lost me:confused:

Jones28
16-02-2013, 11:26 PM

So by your reckoning teams must gel instantly and results must be absolutely consistant? If you sacked managers for a slump in form you'd be sacking them once a season.

Time is key. This time in a season will give a far more accurate reflection of how we have progressed.

HFC 0-7
16-02-2013, 11:37 PM

Not quite the same but we have gone 3rd top to 3rd bottom in back to back seasons!

I don't think it's the league positions that are bothering people, it's the attitude and fare on offer that is worrying people. I am not saying sack Fenlon but there are similar things happening this season to last, we will struggle to maintain momentum and move forward when we keep relying on Loans and short term signings as every window will be about extending those loans or replacing them and not about building.

If you were to ask Fenlon, I reckon he would have expected us to be a bit further on in terms of consistency. Some people will be hearing that we have made progress but when they pop along to Easter road as a lapsed fan and take in a game like Monday night they won't see any progress.

Unfortunately some fans only go to games to be entertained, right or wrong, all clubs have these types of fans but they all need them. Doesn't matter if we don't call them real fans, fact is those are the ones that the board are wanting to come back on a regular basis. You will probably ask ' well how do you think we will get them back on our tight budget etc etc'. well thats the job of the board, that's what they get paid for, they oversaw us getting into this sticky patch so they're the ones that need to get us out and stop the fans being fed up if they want them back.

HFC 0-7
16-02-2013, 11:42 PM
So by your reckoning teams must gel instantly and results must be absolutely consistant? If you sacked managers for a slump in form you'd be sacking them once a season.

Time is key. This time in a season will give a far more accurate reflection of how we have progressed.

I agree that a side needs some time to gel, however, it shouldn't stop a player to do the basics which has been missing recently. A lot of this side has been together for half a season or more, that should be enough. I still maintain ths is an attitude problem, and I think Fenlon hinted at that after the st Johnstone game. If it is attitudes then Fenlon has to carry some if the blame as he talked about having the 'right' players in.

gegs70
16-02-2013, 11:45 PM
Not quite the same but we have gone 3rd top to 3rd bottom in back to back seasons!

I don't think it's the league positions that are bothering people, it's the attitude and fare on offer that is worrying people. I am not saying sack Fenlon but there are similar things happening this season to last, we will struggle to maintain momentum and move forward when we keep relying on Loans and short term signings as every window will be about extending those loans or replacing them and not about building.

If you were to ask Fenlon, I reckon he would have expected us to be a bit further on in terms of consistency. Some people will be hearing that we have made progress but when they pop along to Easter road as a lapsed fan and take in a game like Monday night they won't see any progress.

Unfortunately some fans only go to games to be entertained, right or wrong, all clubs have these types of fans but they all need them. Doesn't matter if we don't call them real fans, fact is those are the ones that the board are wanting to come back on a regular basis. You will probably ask ' well how do you think we will get them back on our tight budget etc etc'. well thats the job of the board, that's what they get paid for, they oversaw us getting into this sticky patch so they're the ones that need to get us out and stop the fans being fed up if they want them back.

I agree while as a supporter the results are important mist kids want to see the type of football they themselves want to aspire too. I am more than a little fed up with watching rubbish 22quid is too much not to be entertained!! Loan deals can end up just being a temporary fix....

MoscowHibs
16-02-2013, 11:46 PM
On the playing side of things, I am reasonably happy with where we are the noo, however my gripe is with the board/office side of things. I had the misfortune of finding Mrs Blooteredhibby unconscious on boxing day, with what was diagnosed as a brain tumour. Having taken Hibs to her heart on her arrival to Scotland, and having taken Sparky as her favourite player, I emailed the club asking if it would be possible to get a card or something from said Sparky, a get well card if you will. Not a dicky bird have we had. Now after spending £1000's over the years following my beloved Hibs, I admit to not being a happy bunny with this.Family club....my A**se. I am now seriously thinking about going back...ever.

gegs70
16-02-2013, 11:53 PM
On the playing side of things, I am reasonably happy with where we are the noo, however my gripe is with the board/office side of things. I had the misfortune of finding Mrs Blooteredhibby unconscious on boxing day, with what was diagnosed as a brain tumour. Having taken Hibs to her heart on her arrival to Scotland, and having taken Sparky as her favourite player, I emailed the club asking if it would be possible to get a card or something from said Sparky, a get well card if you will. Not a dicky bird have we had. Now after spending £1000's over the years following my beloved Hibs, I admit to not being a happy bunny with this.Family club....my A**se. I am now seriously thinking about going back...ever.

A card would be nice ....I once sent an email from the official site to get my son a birthday message over the tannoy but never happened dont know how often a lot of these thing get checked??

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 11:55 PM
I agree while as a supporter the results are important mist kids want to see the type of football they themselves want to aspire too. I am more than a little fed up with watching rubbish 22quid is too much not to be entertained!! Loan deals can end up just being a temporary fix....

I can understand the value for money argument, i disagree with it but can see the argument. The reason i disagree with it is because of the progress the team has made under Fenlon, and feel he's being a bit harshly treated from some because of whats gone on before he arrived?

We have been poor for a while, and Fenlon has been given the task of addressing this, which in the main he has but i'd agree SOMETIMES the football has been poor.

Yet when we have won, we have in general deserved those wins and played reasonably well. Where he's failed is not playing good stuff every week? :rolleyes:

gegs70
17-02-2013, 01:16 AM
I can understand the value for money argument, i disagree with it but can see the argument. The reason i disagree with it is because of the progress the team has made under Fenlon, and feel he's being a bit harshly treated from some because of whats gone on before he arrived?

We have been poor for a while, and Fenlon has been given the task of addressing this, which in the main he has but i'd agree SOMETIMES the football has been poor.

Yet when we have won, we have in general deserved those wins and played reasonably well. Where he's failed is not playing good stuff every week? :rolleyes:

I know hibs are always a work in progress!!! But I am getting fed up and impatient, Maybe Mr Fenlon could give us all an idea of when he will finish his work in progress so I can come along and watch his finished product instead of as he said "cheating the fans" of time and money. I know we won today 1-0 not sure what the performance was like but I do fear the crowds are going to dwindle even further by the start of next season.

HoboHarry
17-02-2013, 01:29 AM
I know hibs are always a work in progress!!! But I am getting fed up and impatient, Maybe Mr Fenlon could give us all an idea of when he will finish his work in progress so I can come along and watch his finished product instead of as he said "cheating the fans" of time and money. I know we won today 1-0 not sure what the performance was like but I do fear the crowds are going to dwindle even further by the start of next season.
Rod Petrie has made it very clear that they need fans through the gate in order to progress and sign good players. Instead you are going to wait for the finished article? Eejit.....

jabis
17-02-2013, 01:35 AM
No, not fishing. I just find this a strange season, we are making progress only a fool would not agree, but we have more than we normally have unhappy about the team this season?

I find this strange considering where we were and were we are now, but as someone else said has last seasons cup final worked against Fenlon and the team, are we less tolerant than before?

McPake said they would never run over the top of us again, he said things have changed, maybe they have for the support too? Normally if we can see progress, and see the team are giving their all, we forgive the odd bad performance.

Thats not the case this season?

fat chance,judging by the whingers and yams on here !

Hibernia&Alba
17-02-2013, 01:45 AM
I expected Hibs to win the Chasmpions League, beating Barcelona 5-0 in the final.Anything less is a disgrace and a failure and wee Pat should go.

#FromTheCapital
17-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Fenlon out progress in

RIP
17-02-2013, 03:11 AM

A card would be nice ....I once sent an email from the official site to get my son a birthday message over the tannoy but never happened dont know how often a lot of these thing get checked??

In most companies unsolicited emails go in the bin. Don't know if it's the same at Hibs. Email is the biggest waste of energy known to man. If you want something done, you need to speak to a member of management

Borderhibbie76
17-02-2013, 08:27 AM
when will some "fans" realise that by not attending matches, they are stalling our progress!!

I hate to say it but just under 15k at the PBS yest and they are not getting great football week in week out either, or results for that matter!!

FFS if you can afford it get down to Easter Rd and support your club, yes I agree the football aint great at times, sometimes it has been downright appalling but if we dont attend matches it's never going to change!!

So stop moaning about it on here and do something about it!!!

RANT OVER

:flag:

gegs70
17-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Rod Petrie has made it very clear that they need fans through the gate in order to progress and sign good players. Instead you are going to wait for the finished article? Eejit.....

Nope I do go to mostly everygame but just playing devils advocate. We just always seem to be a work in progress.....which is a frustration. How many fans will come back on the bavk of some of the games we have played since January? not many...

Beefster
17-02-2013, 08:48 AM
In most companies unsolicited emails go in the bin.

Not in companies that value the customer, they don't. They might not lead to anything changing but they're all read.

down-the-slope
17-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Another season of 'transition' .........:rolleyes: with little chance of even top 6 as we tried to re-balance wage bill still lower by off loading more high earning / low performers.

Very concerned at United away followed by them at home making it seem possible we could have crashed and burned in the eyes of a lot of supporters before we had even had 2 weeks of the season.....i don't think the result against them can be underestimated as preventing a real collapse. To knock them out the cup was the stuff of dreams after May 2011

The late Autumn period was very unexpectedly good both in terms of football and results - particularly seeing PF's stated intention to make us harder to beat at home being backed up ...

I guess like many I re-assessed my expectation based on this and was looking at Europe as a real prospect along with a cup run - was more than pleased that the managers stated priority of getting loanees tied up in Jan (credit to management for that) and a couple more in or coming in summer....so to see the progress of ER being difficult for teams visiting being blown away in a few short weeks has been disappointing - that its coincided with a real loss of form of a number of players and a style of 'play' that is at best 'turgid' has been hard to bear. What has made the style of play harder to endure this year (seen enough of Hibs down the years to know that flair is more a myth than reality) is that contrary to a lot of views I actually think there are some really decent footballing sides in the SPL who are playing attractive passing / attacking football...this makes our recent inability all the more frustrating.

The big difference however from recent previous years is I know having seen glimpses that this team are capable of better and are just going through a patch. Equally I also realise that we are 4/5 players away from being better and more consistent - I hope we see the summer as leaving us in a better position squad wise with Craig being a start. (although right from when he came Jorge is the player I would build my team round)

If we were to get to another final (massive task I know) and get Europe (im a glass half full guy at heart :greengrin) - no matter how that was achieved - it would be much more in terms of tangible achievement that previous more lauded teams have done

gegs70
17-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Another season of 'transition' .........:rolleyes: with little chance of even top 6 as we tried to re-balance wage bill still lower by off loading more high earning / low performers.

Very concerned at United away followed by them at home making it seem possible we could have crashed and burned in the eyes of a lot of supporters before we had even had 2 weeks of the season.....i don't think the result against them can be underestimated as preventing a real collapse. To knock them out the cup was the stuff of dreams after May 2011

The late Autumn period was very unexpectedly good both in terms of football and results - particularly seeing PF's stated intention to make us harder to beat at home being backed up ...

I guess like many I re-assessed my expectation based on this and was looking at Europe as a real prospect along with a cup run - was more than pleased that the managers stated priority of getting loanees tied up in Jan (credit to management for that) and a couple more in or coming in summer....so to see the progress of ER being difficult for teams visiting being blown away in a few short weeks has been disappointing - that its coincided with a real loss of form of a number of players and a style of 'play' that is at best 'turgid' has been hard to bear. What has made the style of play harder to endure this year (seen enough of Hibs down the years to know that flair is more a myth than reality) is that contrary to a lot of views I actually think there are some really decent footballing sides in the SPL who are playing attractive passing / attacking football...this makes our recent inability all the more frustrating.

The big difference however from recent previous years is I know having seen glimpses that this team are capable of better and are just going through a patch. Equally I also realise that we are 4/5 players away from being better and more consistent - I hope we see the summer as leaving us in a better position squad wise with Craig being a start. (although right from when he came Jorge is the player I would build my team round)

If we were to get to another final (massive task I know) and get Europe (im a glass half full guy at heart :greengrin) - no matter how that was achieved - it would be much more in terms of tangible achievement that previous more lauded teams have done

You summed that up very well....we always seem to be 4-5 players away from the final product though?