PDA

View Full Version : Claros

green glory
16-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Is the man.

Elephant Stone
16-02-2013, 04:11 PM
I wasn't at the game but I'm inclined to agree. Love him.

MWHIBBIES
16-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Claros has swag

Casey1875
16-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Fantastic performance, the way he reads the game is second to none!

green glory
16-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Comfortable on the ball with inch perfect distribution. MOM IMO.

Stevie Reid
16-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I've believed for weeks that Claros and Taiwo are our best midfield pairing, and that we have played our best football with them both in there - was Taiwo playing centrally too?

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 04:33 PM
I've believed for weeks that Claros and Taiwo are our best midfield pairing, and that we have played our best football with them both in there - was Taiwo playing centrally too?

:agree: Deegan is too ponderous and slows the game down far too much, he's also caught on the ball too often for my liking.

Since he came back from his broken jaw, the team has not been as good with him in the side in my opinion.

Hibby Bairn
16-02-2013, 04:35 PM
:agree: Deegan is too ponderous and slows the game down far too much, he's also caught on the ball too often for my liking.

Since he came back from his broken jaw, the team has not been as good with him in the side in my opinion.

:agree:

LeighLoyal
16-02-2013, 04:35 PM
I like Claros, a better player than those around him, but Taiwo is no saviour.

Stevie Reid
16-02-2013, 04:36 PM

Totally agree. Demands the ball a lot, which is no bad thing, but his distribution is often lacking. Happy to have him in the squad but rate our other CMs higher than GD.

Stevie Reid
16-02-2013, 04:38 PM
I like Claros, a better player than those around him, but Taiwo is no saviour.

There's not much to choose between the other three, but he gets about the park and moves the ball quickly.

gillythehibby
16-02-2013, 04:46 PM

This is hee haw. Unfair on deegan. Constantly on the move wins alot of ball and generally makes good passes. Takes no nonsense from opposing players. Agree about claros. Good player

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 04:47 PM
This is hee haw. Unfair on deegan. Constantly on the move wins alot of ball and generally makes good passes. Takes no nonsense from opposing players. Agree about claros. Good player

Well i must watch a different player to the one you do?

Andy74
16-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Claros was outstanding today. Midfield on general worked very hard. Some great passing too.

Wotherspiniesta
16-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Wasn't at the game today, but Claros is our best CM IMO. SHould be one of the first names on the teamsheet every week.

HibeeN
16-02-2013, 04:51 PM
He did very well today, great performance and hope we can keep him after the summer. Taiwo had a quieter game but still did what was asked of him, and pressed a lot. But I agree with the previous poster who said Claros seems better alongside Taiwo than Deegan.

LeighLoyal
16-02-2013, 04:55 PM
We're clutching at straws putting Taiwo above Deegan. Bottom line is we don't have enough goals in the team, good win today after a horrendous run of form and at least they didn't concede. I still don't fancy us to beat Dundee U even after their 6-2 thumping. Hope I'm wrong of course.

gillythehibby
16-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Well i must watch a different player to the one you do?

We've complained for seasons about being bullied in midfield. Deegan gives us that steel and can play a bit. He has the right attitude and consistent. Doesn't eed to be the superstar. Does a good job.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 05:04 PM
We've complained for seasons about being bullied in midfield. Deegan gives us that steel and can play a bit. He has the right attitude and consistent. Doesn't eed to be the superstar. Does a good job.

As i said, i just dont see what you are seeing?

Green Fish
16-02-2013, 05:05 PM
I hope we find a way to keep Jorge - I think another season and we would see even more quality from him. I wouldn't be bothered if Deegan left in the summer, with Liam Craig coming and Robertson and Taiwo we're more than covered.

Nice to see a clean sheet today - need to press on for nwxt week.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Claros is the best that we have got in that role. What I don't understand is when the midfield is padded out with less able bodies asked to do much the same job in much the same area.

Wotherspiniesta
16-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Eh?!?!

Have a read of your post, it doesn't make sense!

Can you clarify what you are trying to say please?!?!

I know.

I'm finding myself constantly extremely disappointed.

The Voice Of Reason
16-02-2013, 05:33 PM
I know.

Lol! 👍😄

The Voice Of Reason
16-02-2013, 05:34 PM
I know.

P.S I deleted my post because I think I understand what Nh was trying to say 👍

Emerald
16-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Claros was outstanding today. :thumbsup:

ano hibby
16-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Anyone know if he is due to be missing again soon due to international commitments?

HibbyAndy
16-02-2013, 07:36 PM
This guy is an absolute must keep but pretty sure he will move on in the summer so lets enjoy him whilst he is here.

An absolute stand out today.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2013, 07:43 PM
I don't think he's received a mom award at Easter rd, although he's been a standout on a few occasions. Would be nice to see him put in that sort of performance and get the accolade of the fans at ER

Taz_hibee
16-02-2013, 07:53 PM
This guy is an absolute must keep but pretty sure he will move on in the summer so lets enjoy him whilst he is here.

An absolute stand out today.

Was MOM by a mile today, outstanding :top marks

Jonnyboy
16-02-2013, 07:58 PM
We're clutching at straws putting Taiwo above Deegan. Bottom line is we don't have enough goals in the team, good win today after a horrendous run of form and at least they didn't concede. I still don't fancy us to beat Dundee U even after their 6-2 thumping. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Do you honestly think Deegan will add goals to our midfield?

J-C
16-02-2013, 07:59 PM

I've said on numerous other threads that we should start with Claros and Taiwo as they compliment each other, agree totally about Deegan poor man's Barry the Crab

The Harp Awakes
16-02-2013, 08:25 PM

Agree. Claros has been a stand out this season for me. Deegan is a different type of player but I like him also. Taiwo is good squad player who could push on if he gets the opportunity. All 3 are big improvements on what we watched in the CC era.

GreenPJ
16-02-2013, 08:51 PM

Sir David Gray
16-02-2013, 09:42 PM
With Williams, McGivern, Claros, Craig and Griffiths, we have the potential to have a very good side.

It's just a pity that, out of the above, only Williams and Craig are likely to be with us by the time we get to August.

California-Hibs
17-02-2013, 06:11 AM
I'm confident Griffiths and Mcgivern will be too. Unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to keep hold of Claros.

Borderhibbie76
17-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Regardless of opinions on Deegan, I don't think anyone can argue that we have played our best football this season with Claros and Taiwo as the 2 defensive mf's. Personally I think they compliment each other really well and I don't see what Deegan offers other than a bit of grit/steel. Yes he demands the ball, but 99 times out of 100 passes it sideways or backwards and slows play down to a sleep-inducing speed.

I hope Paddy doesn't put him straight back into the starting 11 next Sunday and sticks with Tom and Jorge for a few weeks as I think it will result in a better balanced midfield.

I also think Monday night's shambles proved just how important Claros is to this hibs side, Monday's first half shambles was proof of this imo...

neil7908
17-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Claros, Griffiths and Williams have been the major standouts for us this season. It's harder in some ways for a player like Jorge to show his ability as he's very much focused on the defensive side of things where is harder to be noticed. However, you can see the difference he makes by looking at how the team moves the ball and breaks up the play when he's in the side. His work rate and commitment are also phenomenal.

Would love to see him stay beyond the summer as he's the kind we should build a midfield round. Don't see us being able to afford him so as another poster said let's enjoy while we can.

I think Deegan is a decent player and certainly gets about opposition players but for me I like the Taiwo and Claros combination. Hope we start the same team next week if we can.