PDA

View Full Version : McFadden, should we?

VPHIBEE
15-02-2013, 04:46 PM
McFadden training with Motherwell, they say they can't afford him. Can we we offer a short term, pay as you play or some other kind of deal? Should we? I think he could offer us something.

Time For Heroes
15-02-2013, 04:49 PM
nope

KeithTheHibby
15-02-2013, 04:51 PM
We could get him but we won't.

Couldn't 'afford' an extrak for Craig apparently so no danger will be signing McFadden, that would be way too extravagant for the money men at ER.

frazeHFC
15-02-2013, 04:55 PM
We could get him but we won't.

Couldn't 'afford' an extrak for Craig apparently so no danger will be signing McFadden, that would be way too extravagant for the money men at ER.

He is without a club and it doesn't seem anyone is making moves to get him, so doubt his wage demand would be high if only on a short 3 month deal. Doubt it will happen though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Given the amount of beans that McFadden must have behind him and where he is in his career? I wonder why he isn't just playing for appearance money only? He surely can't need the cash but he surely needs games and a platform.

Ozyhibby
15-02-2013, 05:25 PM
He is exactly the type of player we need.

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2013, 05:31 PM
He is exactly the type of player we need.

How well has he played recently?

KeithTheHibby
15-02-2013, 05:35 PM
He is without a club and it doesn't seem anyone is making moves to get him, so doubt his wage demand would be high if only on a short 3 month deal. Doubt it will happen though.

Agree with what you are saying, just don't see it happening under this regime.

marinello59
15-02-2013, 05:45 PM
McFadden training with Motherwell, they say they can't afford him. Can we we offer a short term, pay as you play or some other kind of deal? Should we? I think he could offer us something.

Hows he looked in training?

R'Albin
15-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Certainly worth having a look at, we desperately need more attacking options.

Diclonius
15-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Signing McFadden would require sacrificing money for success, which this board will not do. So, nope.

greenlex
15-02-2013, 07:43 PM
It might take 3 months for him to get fit.

The Harp Awakes
15-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Signing McFadden would require sacrificing money for success, which this board will not do. So, nope.

The Board may see it that way but for me it would be sacrificing money for a decent chance of success in finishing second. This in turn would create money. Speculate to accumulate:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2013, 07:46 PM
When did he last play any football, i don't remember hearing or seeing him mentioned for years? :confused:

Northernhibee
15-02-2013, 07:50 PM
It might take 3 months for him to get fit.

:agree: Not the sort of deal we're needing.

Apocalypso
15-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Would be a crazy signing. The guys not kicked a ball in anger in years. Leave the daft signings to the Merricks. Thank you please.

Jim44
15-02-2013, 08:11 PM
The one thing these 'fading stars' need is regular football. Ironically they can't get game time from any club because of the fancy wages they have become accustomed to. The longer they hold out for decent money, the more their careers disappear down the plughole in ever decreasing circles. C'mon Faddie, give yourself and Motherwell, who you must have a bit of respect and empathy for, a wee break and get a few games under your belt.

hibs4thecup1988
15-02-2013, 08:15 PM
When did he last play any football, i don't remember hearing or seeing him mentioned for years? :confused:

When did the 11 imposters last play for hibs?

Think he would be a great signing.

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2013, 08:19 PM

Ah that old chestnut, we are crap so lets bring in someone who was good a few years ago, but has not played in how many years as he must be better?

Right i'm in, can we get Thomson too?

SMAXXA
15-02-2013, 10:01 PM
So McFadden, Craig Gordon, Kevin Thomson, O'Connor, Riorden all without a team and anything that resembles a football career left, a pretty sad state of affairs given what these guys once had (Granted injuries played a part for some).

monktonharp
15-02-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm not even sure about the last time he kicked a ball, but look at it this way, for at least a few seconds!. who, would you prefer to see in a Hibs jersey? James Mc Fadden or Kuji,Shugji or whatever bloody name he goes by/went by? that was one of the most farcical things I've ever seen, donning the Hibernian green, in ma puff.

monktonharp
15-02-2013, 10:18 PM
So McFadden, Craig Gordon, Kevin Thomson, O'Connor, Riorden all without a team and anything that resembles a football career left, a pretty sad state of affairs given what these guys once had (Granted injuries played a part for some). could certainly have used some o' that lot, at various times in certain games this season, albeit sparsely with the exception o' plooky puss, as I am sure the majority on hear would agree. plus, does he do well wi' penalties?:wink:

monktonharp
15-02-2013, 10:19 PM
So McFadden, Craig Gordon, Kevin Thomson, O'Connor, Riorden all without a team and anything that resembles a football career left, a pretty sad state of affairs given what these guys once had (Granted injuries played a part for some).please detail the part that was played by others:greengrin

jeffers
15-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Was/could still be a great player, but don't think he is what we need at present especially if we persist in hoofing the ball up to our forwards.

SMAXXA
15-02-2013, 10:48 PM
please detail the part that was played by others:greengrin

Me confused :confused: lol

sesoim
16-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Would be a crazy signing. The guys not kicked a ball in anger in years. Leave the daft signings to the Merricks. Thank you please.

McFadden would be a "crazy" signing if he is expecting big wages. If he is willing to accept Hibs-level wages, and he is fit, I would take a look at him if I was Fenlon. McFadden could create/score a few, and he could also take a bit of pressure off Griffiths.

At his best, he was creative, unpredictable and entertaining - all the things that Hibs completely lack at the moment. I think it is the kind of gamble we need to take to give the fans (and the club) a lift.

sesoim
16-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Was/could still be a great player, but don't think he is what we need at present especially if we persist in hoofing the ball up to our forwards.

On the positive side:

If we had McFadden, maybe Fenlon would be tempted to stop playing long aimless balls.

And if McFadden was in our team, that could mean one of Fenlon's other signings wont be able to get a game.

cocopops1875
16-02-2013, 12:32 AM
On the positive side:

If we had McFadden, maybe Fenlon would be tempted to stop playing long aimless balls.

And if McFadden was in our team, that could mean one of Fenlon's other signings wont be able to get a game.

How many has he played ?

Carheenlea
16-02-2013, 12:32 AM

Who are the 11 imposters?

gegs70
16-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Would take him straight away, just dont see it happwning!!

hibs4thecup1988
16-02-2013, 08:05 AM

The 11 that started last monday night for starters

cocopops1875
16-02-2013, 08:33 AM

The 11 that started last monday night for starters

Using my Sherlock like deductive skills the answer hibs4thecup1988 was looking for is Last Monday Night:wink: However im still trying to piece together his reason for asking as its clear he had the answer all along :greengrin

H18sry
16-02-2013, 09:54 AM
He has played 3 games during Dec/ Jan for Sunderland prior to being released, he could be a great attacking option if fit, but thats a big if

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_McFadden

darrenmcintosh2
16-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Get him signed stop tossing about it. He will do a job for us might even give the club a lift. Would sell a few shirts aswell

marinello59
16-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Get him signed stop tossing about it. He will do a job for us might even give the club a lift. Would sell a few shirts aswell

So you have seen him play recently? How did he look? How many other teams are we up against to get him?

darrenmcintosh2
16-02-2013, 08:23 PM
So you have seen him play recently? How did he look? How many other teams are we up against to get him?

It doesn't matter how much he has played. He will gain fitness. Their is no denying that he is a good player and for people too turn their nose up at the prospect of signing him need too have a word. He would be hibs best signing if recent times (if we were too sign him that is ) IMO I would love to see him at the club. Yea he has been released by a premiership club. But let's save the guys career before he ends up in Russia or some other country

hibs4thecup1988
16-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Using my Sherlock like deductive skills the answer hibs4thecup1988 was looking for is Last Monday Night:wink: However im still trying to piece together his reason for asking as its clear he had the answer all along :greengrin

Very clever :greengrin

cocopops1875
16-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Very clever :greengrin

I have been watching Elementary LOADS:greengrin shame theres no a Sherlock Holmes Smiley

LeighLoyal
16-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Maybe if we didn't have Kuqi on the books... :rolleyes:

neil7908
17-02-2013, 10:29 AM
As long as his wage demands were reasonable,would love to see him join on a deal until the end of the season.

hfc rd
17-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Can't see him joining another SPL side other than Celtic or Motherwell.