PDA

View Full Version : 6-6.

darrenmcintosh2
15-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Was just at my folks their and my dad has the 6-6 game on his sky. Brings back great attacking memories. And also calamities in the defence and goal.
Riordan stokes nish miller spoony.

Aldoo
15-02-2013, 12:10 PM
add yet, quite rightly that team got slaughtered on here for the total and utter collapse that was the second half of the season.

EdinMike
15-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I hadn't, nor still have, seen Hibs win at Fir Park. Anytime I go we lose/draw.

And that day sitting there in the stand with us 6-2 up I honestly thought "Today is the day !"

:idiot:

wearethehibs
15-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Hated that game at the time but when we still qualified for europe after the next game, I was glad Id seen such a game. Shows anything can happen (usually to us)

Zazu62
15-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Motherwell missed a penalty as well, remember feeling gutted after the game, Graeme smith had an absolute nightmare one of the worst goalie performances I've seen

silverhibee
15-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Motherwell missed a penalty as well, remember feeling gutted after the game, Graeme smith had an absolute nightmare one of the worst goalie performances I've seen

I heard it was all the fault of the strikers as well. :cb

Andy74
15-02-2013, 01:38 PM
I heard it was all the fault of the strikers as well. :cb

The complaint was that the strikers stopped working in terms of chasing down and allowed Motherwell to keep launching attacks.

It's not really the daft point that you are suggesting.

I'm_cabbaged
15-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Pretty sure substitutions changed our tactics ;)

Hibstrooper
15-02-2013, 02:55 PM

THE worst performance I've seen from any Hibs player never mind just goalies. Still convinced there was something dodgy going on. The penalty he conceded was baffling but he was that bad a keeper he guessed the wrong way and saved it!

JimBHibees
15-02-2013, 03:09 PM
THE worst performance I've seen from any Hibs player never mind just goalies. Still convinced there was something dodgy going on. The penalty he conceded was baffling but he was that bad a keeper he guessed the wrong way and saved it!

Funny I mentioned that at the time also, it was scandalously bad.

MWHIBBIES
15-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Best game I've ever been at though, sure it was only a pound for me to get in as well.

That really was horrible losing that lead though, we must be the only team in the world who aren't safe at 6-2.

Greendub
15-02-2013, 03:32 PM
That's the best and worst game of fitbaw I've ever seen

basehibby
15-02-2013, 03:36 PM

IIRC Smith got dunted on the head at some juncture - pretty sure it affected his game therafter.

KeithTheHibby
15-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Always remember big Nishy after the game, man of the match, hat-trick yet was gutted.

He went up in my estimations after that game with his comments about how it could only happen to Hibs, spoken like a true fan.

Sweet Left Peg
15-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Watched the game live on teletext and had a horrible feeling when we went 2-6 up in the second half. I said to my father in law "it's too early, we'll blow it". No team should not win after being that much ahead.

Albanian Hibs
15-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Was living in Alaska at the time and remember getting text updates from my sister. Thought she was taking the piss until I got the chance to check the score online.

SaulGoodman
15-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Was actually reading the match updates thread for that game on this the other day, makes entertaining.. And quite depressing reading!

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?182141-***Hibs-v-Motherwell-Updates***

R'Albin
15-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Smith was such a weird one. He was fantastic for us first few months, then Yogi randomly dropped him and pretty much destroyed his confidence. Sure his first game back was Ross County, and everything just went downhill from there...

Baldy Foghorn
15-02-2013, 09:58 PM
IIRC Smith got dunted on the head at some juncture - pretty sure it affected his game therafter.

He did, however at the point of his head knock, Yogi should have said to him, listen you are Gordon Banks, you can save everything, unfortunately he played like Jeff Banks:cb

heidtheba
15-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Watched the game live on teletext and had a horrible feeling when we went 2-6 up in the second half. I said to my father in law "it's too early, we'll blow it". No team should not win after being that much ahead.

This - I sat and watched it through my fingers after they got 3...never been so sure of a capitulation in my life. Can't figure it out why I was so sure. Conversely I remember watching us beat Aberdeen 1 or 2-0 back in 93/94 or 94/95 (Danny Lennon got a goal) and have never been more sure that we would win a match.

zlatan
15-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Still the worst thing about it was Tam Cowan telling the story about Hughes smiling and laughing giving thumbs up as the bus pulled away.

silverhibee
15-02-2013, 11:29 PM
The complaint was that the strikers stopped working in terms of chasing down and allowed Motherwell to keep launching attacks.

It's not really the daft point that you are suggesting.

It was the daft point the manager made at the time, blaming the strikers, :faf: he made the change at 6-2 and took a striker off and brought on a midfielder to stop them launching attacks, worked a treat so it did eh, he certainly seemed happy with things at the end of the game anyway.

Can't remember anyone blaming the strikers that night apart from the manager, can remember a lot of folk blaming the manager and the goalie that night mind you.

KWJ
16-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Some strike from Lukas Jukewitz at the end. I watched the game in Melbourne on delay and had been text the score, still didn't beleive it.

Springbank
16-02-2013, 12:41 AM
I remember a team of laursen zitelli Latapy sauzee oneil mixu leading 6-2,in a floodlit game.

I don't remember an embarrassing collapse under those boys right enough...

hibeedonald
16-02-2013, 01:07 AM
If Smith hadn't saved the pen and the last goal wasn't so damm good I would of said match fixing. John Hughes was to blame I think, I would of subbed the Smith, you could see his confidence had gone. His tactics were so ****ing bad.

harry-hibee
16-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Was just at my folks their and my dad has the 6-6 game on his sky. Brings back great attacking memories. And also calamities in the defence and goal.
Riordan stokes nish miller spoony.

We got defeated that night a 6-6 gubbing!

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 08:56 AM
We moan when we are involved in probably the most exciting match in SPL history, and we moan now because its apparently eye bleedingly boring.

HH81
16-02-2013, 09:04 AM
We moan when we are involved in probably the most exciting match in SPL history, and we moan now because its apparently eye bleedingly boring.

I think with Williams in goal it would have been an easy win :-)

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 09:30 AM

I think with either you or me in goal it would have been an easy win. :greengrin

EdinMike
16-02-2013, 09:36 AM

Wasn't Maybury Right-Back that night as well for their equaliser !?

Maaaaaaaaybury !!:grr: