PDA

View Full Version : Hard To Put Your Finger On My Erchie

Speedway
14-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Why do players and management always trot out the 'can't quite put our finger on the loss of form/lack of goals/what's changed' etc

They're either lying or thick.

What's changed is:

Reduced desire
Reduced focus
Lack of 90 minute concentration
Reduced fight
Reduced movement on and off the ball
Lack of competent defending
Reduced composure
Reduced belief
Reduced bravery

There you go, stick your finger on that. It can't be misread, just like the title of this thread.

Are players lying or thick or both?

edinburghhibee
14-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm struggling to understand why the defence are getting a hard time here. In my opinion our defence has been doing well over the past few weeks and its the strikers were the issue is. Doyle and sparky lack any movement without the ball. St Johnstone was a terrible game defensively but they've been playing well recently, with clean sheets against Celtic, hearts and Aberdeen twice I'd take that every time.

sleeping giant
14-02-2013, 01:31 PM
If a manager "just can't quite put his finger on it" then get someone else who can put his finger on it.

Is that not a football managers job ?

down-the-slope
14-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Hard To Put Your Finger On My Erchie

I can assure you nothing is further from my mind ... :Ummm:

TrickyNicky
15-02-2013, 01:23 AM
I like interactive threads .

So, I put my finger on your avatar and then it came to me - " Management are the peddlers of proverbs and cliche's!

I can't stand the guff they come out with most of the time - it's always the same.

Maybe we all know that they can't tell us the truth and they know that we know so we play the " Buzz word- cliche game "!

Can't they even mix it up occasionally to keep us interested or use code?

" You can lead a horse to water but at the end of the day, it's half-a-dozen of the other "!

" A cat in gloves catches a wise head" !

Leishy1995
15-02-2013, 11:45 AM
It is frustrating that for half a season, Leigh and Eoin were scoring good goals, not just scoring but the goals were good. Leigh has since became more isolated from the midfield, when we stick two up front they both get isolated.

We scored goals when our midfielders all got in and around the strikers and moved of the ball.

Football is a simple game. Pass and move is the bread and butter and all we can do is pass. We sometimes don't even do that right.

Once a midfielder has passed the ball he should automatically be moving into space which in turn drags people from the ball holder, I read on here how good some of our players can be, yet they simply don't do this.

Claros is our best central midfielder on the ball, and against Aberdeen when we won 1-0 himself and Deegan had a fine game moving of the ball. The first time I have seen Gary Deegan actually go forward with the ball. Why on Earth then did we play the Saints and get none of the ball movement? Or going forward.

Bit of a ramble, take any key points from that if you like.:aok: