PDA

View Full Version : Rumour about Wotherspoon

fatbloke
13-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Pre contract with Sevco - anyone heard similar?

Hermit Crab
13-02-2013, 09:58 PM

It was mentioned during the recent window. Loady p@sh imo

Macaroon
13-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Hope it isn't

California-Hibs
13-02-2013, 09:59 PM

Would LOVE it to be true! Don't care what the Wotherspoon lovers have to say about that, but I don't rate him and he's shown himself up to be useless more than he has shown to be handy, get rid.

hibeemikey21
13-02-2013, 10:02 PM

Pfft. In the voice of Ivan Drago: "If he goes, he goes"

CB_NO3
13-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Would not be too fussed about Spoony leaving. He has had a few good games this season but thats it, although in his defence I dont think Fenlon's system suits him.

Pretty Boy
13-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Good luck to him. Won't lose any sleep over it.

In saying that I doubt it's true. The signings of Bell, Black, Shiels etc suggest they are after better quality than Wotherspoon.

Wotherspiniesta
13-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Wotherspoon's agent is Gary Mackay IIRC.

Mackay also touted Black and Wallace to Rangers so wouldn't surprise me.

anderson3
13-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Would LOVE it to be true! Don't care what the Wotherspoon lovers have to say about that, but I don't rate him and he's shown himself up to be useless more than he has shown to be handy, get rid.
Fitba is all about opinions i suppose but i couldn`t disagree more with yours.

Golden Bear
13-02-2013, 10:15 PM
He looked as though his mind was elsewhere in the cup tie v Aberdeen so maybe that explains it.

Jonnyboy
13-02-2013, 10:15 PM

So his form's been poor which is hardly deliberate but you've decided he deserves the kind of comments you've made? Jeezus

SMAXXA
13-02-2013, 10:18 PM
So his form's been poor which is hardly deliberate but you've decided he deserves the kind of comments you've made? Jeezus

To be fair mate if thats the guys opinion he is entitled to it, there are many more of the same nature but maybe not so strongly worded IMO.

Bostonhibby
13-02-2013, 10:19 PM

:agree: will comment appropriately as/ when/ if.

Emerald
13-02-2013, 10:21 PM

He has something and he's a Hibs player. In my opinion he is the sort of player we should be trying to develop and not let go.

Meant to be a general thread reply and not to you in particular but on my phone so anything can happen, sorry.

SMAXXA
13-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Would not be too fussed about Spoony leaving. He has had a few good games this season but thats it, although in his defence I dont think Fenlon's system suits him.

What you mean like Yogi's and CC's system didnt suit him either? :wink:

Personally I wouldnt lose any sleep over it, but if he goes it would be with my best wishes and hope he goes on to have a great career. Which to be fair would surprise me if I am honest.

Wotherspiniesta
13-02-2013, 10:25 PM
To be fair mate if thats the guys opinion he is entitled to it, there are many more of the same nature but maybe not so strongly worded IMO.

Slightly off topic a little, but that phrase highlighted has got to be, single handedly, THE most annoying phrase on every forum around the ******* planet.

It's a forum for open debate, does anybody actually say "You're not entitled to an opinion on this matter" ....No.

But the amount of times this gets said does my tits in :bsod::bsod:

Jonnyboy
13-02-2013, 10:26 PM

I've no problem with folk having opinions SMAXXA, some I'll agree with and others not. What I do have a problem with is the nasty undertones of that post. Why not just say 'he won't be missed by me' instead of the mean view of a young laddie who's never done anything but behave professionally while at the club?

Judas Iscariot
13-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Heard this on Monday, being the reason be was out the squad all together..

Thought it was a loaday, bit like him tbh

Not fussed

Seems every other teams young players are streets ahead of ours

***** being a hibby the now

SMAXXA
13-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Slightly off topic a little, but that phrase highlighted has got to be, single handedly, THE most annoying phrase on every forum around the ******* planet.

It's a forum for open debate, does anybody actually say "You're not entitled to an opinion on this matter" ....No.

Whats you view on topic then? Cany believe you went out your way to go on such a rant over that, chillax, if you see it gettin said that amount of times and it does your tits in take a deep breath and move on.......simples :wink:

SMAXXA
13-02-2013, 10:37 PM
I've no problem with folk having opinions SMAXXA, some I'll agree with and others not. What I do have a problem with is the nasty undertones of that post. Why not just say 'he won't be missed by me' instead of the mean view of a young laddie who's never done anything but behave professionally while at the club?

I know what you are saying and I do agree JB, unfortunatley as you know people express their views in different ways rightly or wrongly, as much as I dont think that post was massivly offensive I can see how others would find it OTT. Personally wouldnt go as far as saying I would LOVE to see him go etc

marinello59
13-02-2013, 10:37 PM

Fair enough, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
:greengrin

SMAXXA
13-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Fair enough, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
:greengrin

:faf:

Are you a computer hard man like :greengrin

Emerald
13-02-2013, 10:40 PM
You got in there quick with that one. Dont know how to add smilies from my phone but :)

lucky
13-02-2013, 10:43 PM
If he goes to so what. 3/4 decent games in 3 years. He won't be missed.

easty
13-02-2013, 10:46 PM
I hope he stays.

Eyrie
13-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Can't say I'd miss him other than as depth, but I hope he does better than a club chasing promotion to the giddy heights of the Second Division.

Wotherspiniesta
13-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Whats you view on topic then? Cany believe you went out your way to go on such a rant over that, chillax, if you see it gettin said that amount of times and it does your tits in take a deep breath and move on.......simples :wink:

I think he's a talented young guy who is very much a confidence player.

Think the majority of fans have turned on him unfortunately and after starting the season so well he's now looking like the player of last season.

He'll probably move on and if he does, will look a much better player in another SPL team.

#FromTheCapital
13-02-2013, 11:10 PM
He'll probably move on and if he does, will look a much better player in another SPL team.

This.

SMAXXA
13-02-2013, 11:14 PM

Think the majority of fans have turned on him unfortunately and after starting the season so well he's now looking like the player of last season.

I agree he has talent he just doesnt show it enough which leads to people questioning his ability, and quite rightly so. I dont know if the majority of fans have turned on him, and are you implying this is the reason he has gone on to look like the player of last season because of this? If so thats nonsence, and if that is the case for the lads poor form and lack of concistency then he does need to move on as he needs to be mentally stronger.

There looks like a player in there somewhere, wether he finds that level of concistency required is another matter, we cant keep on going over the confidence player, played out of position, Fenlons style doesnt suit him comments much longer IMO, hes a grown man and if he cant make the grade and establish himself by now, its natural questions will be asked about him.

NOLA
13-02-2013, 11:17 PM
i dont think we would miss him TBH, lacks outright pace (like many in the team) too inconsistent to be a regular starter and doesnt count as an impact sub, he's a squad player and no more than that. we should be looking at better players but they cost money, maybe theres someone in the u21's coming through like stanton or harris that could make the step up should wotherspoon leave?

California-Hibs
13-02-2013, 11:27 PM

So many Hibs fans accept mediocre, it's one of the main reasons why we find ourself in our current situation and I'm sick of it. We're far too nicely nice when it comes to the likes of Wotherspoon/Stevenson/Hanlon. The problem is people live under the false notion of 'they're young laddies, give them time and they'll develop/play they in the right position and they'll flourish/play them in the right system and they'll flourish/don't you you remember that one game in particular when he was pretty good?

This is the problem.

These players have been tried and tried and tried and failed to come up with the goods the majority of the time...under a HOST of different managers.

Our minds still are somewhat fresh of the Riordan/Whittaker/Brown/Fletcher/O'Connor etc days that we cling onto the false hope and notion that our current youngers/the Stevensons and Wotherspoons of the squad will be in the same bracket.

Well people need a SERIOUS wake up call and need to realize the harsh reality that the players mentioned above and the youngsters we've saw so far this season (I use Caldwell and Handling in this example) are NO WHERE near the standard of those others that broke through at Hibs, and are simply not good enough.

We often have threads after defeats praising opposition players and asking why we can't play the way the majority of other spl teams play and its because players like Wotherspoon just aren't good enough.

Sorry for the hugely negative response but this is my opinion and I don't care who doesn't agree with me, those who don't are kidding themselves on if they can ask the following question and honestly answer it hand on heart...

Which other spl teams would Wotherspoon get a regular game for in the starting 11?

Sadly, none.

Fresh ideas and better attacking players both badly needed at our club. Cue the 'you're talking nonsense' responses. Bring em on!

Scouse Hibee
13-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Had potential, has failed to realise it. As simple as that.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2013, 11:36 PM
I thought Rangers were limited on who they could sign in the next window? Is of not September 1st before they can sign anyone?

Macaroon
13-02-2013, 11:39 PM
He definitely has talent. So letting him go to another SPL team is a big mistake. Even to Rangers who may end up in our league way sooner than people anticipate.

All it takes is a different management style or tactical role and he could come back to haunt us big time.

Emerald
13-02-2013, 11:44 PM
So many Hibs fans accept mediocre, it's one of the main reasons why we find ourself in our current situation and I'm sick of it. We're far too nicely nice when it comes to the likes of Wotherspoon/Stevenson/Hanlon. The problem is people live under the false notion of 'they're young laddies, give them time and they'll develop/play they in the right position and they'll flourish/play them in the right system and they'll flourish/don't you you remember that one game in particular when he was pretty good?

This is the problem.

These players have been tried and tried and tried and failed to come up with the goods the majority of the time...under a HOST of different managers.

Our minds still are somewhat fresh of the Riordan/Whittaker/Brown/Fletcher/O'Connor etc days that we cling onto the false hope and notion that our current youngers/the Stevensons and Wotherspoons of the squad will be in the same bracket.

Well people need a SERIOUS wake up call and need to realize the harsh reality that the players mentioned above and the youngsters we've saw so far this season (I use Caldwell and Handling in this example) are NO WHERE near the standard of those others that broke through at Hibs, and are simply not good enough.

We often have threads after defeats praising opposition players and asking why we can't play the way the majority of other spl teams play and its because players like Wotherspoon just aren't good enough.

Sorry for the hugely negative response but this is my opinion and I don't care who doesn't agree with me, those who don't are kidding themselves on if they can ask the following question and honestly answer it hand on heart...

Which other spl teams would Wotherspoon get a regular game for in the starting 11?

Sadly, none.

Fresh ideas and better attacking players both badly needed at our club. Cue the 'you're talking nonsense' responses. Bring em on!

I kind off agree with most of that but is it the fact the young players aren't good enough or is it the development they get from the club? I don't know but I think if Wotherspoon was at Dundee Utd we would probably be pleased if he was signing for Hibs, if you get my drift. If he was at Hearts he would be getting huge support from their fans, we seem to turn very easily on our raw talent. He is still a young laddie after all. I would stick with him and try to develop him rather than get second rate journeymen in from all corners of the world.

The Green Goblin
14-02-2013, 12:00 AM
If it's true (I have no idea if it is or not) then they'll certainly have turned his head with a better wage offer and that might be what decides it.

oldbutdim
14-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Sounds like a load of rubbish.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Sounds like a load of rubbish.

:agree: The queens of Scottish football would never deem him good enough.

Jones28
14-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Hopefully not

Spudster
14-02-2013, 12:58 AM

:agree:
Probably been affected more so than any player by the instability at the club. I've seen him at right back, centre forward, supporting forward and right across the midfield. You could say similar about Stevenson actually.

NOLA
14-02-2013, 05:10 AM
He definitely has talent. So letting him go to another SPL team is a big mistake. Even to Rangers who may end up in our league way sooner than people anticipate.

All it takes is a different management style or tactical role and he could come back to haunt us big time.
So we keep hold of him till he comes good? Maybe under the next hibs manager? Anyway if he wants to leave then good luck to him.

jeffers
14-02-2013, 05:30 AM
In the 2 games against Aberdeen he was atrocious and how bad was he last season ? One of the worst Hibs sides in years and he couldn't even make the bench for the final and I don't remember many lamenting his omission. This season he has done some great things but more often than not his contribution has been poor. How long do we need to wait 'til he turns in performances on a consistent basis ? Even if the rumour is nonsense I wouldn't be offering him a new deal in the summer - for both us and him I think it is time he moved on.

Hainan Hibs
14-02-2013, 05:42 AM
Would be happy to see him move on if it meant a more effective player was brought in.

Beefster
14-02-2013, 07:09 AM

Are you saying its the fans' fault that Wotherspoon hasn't done it for Hibs?

If he is a confidence player, moving to Castle Greyskull might not be a smart move.

mcfly
14-02-2013, 07:28 AM
I kind off agree with most of that but is it the fact the young players aren't good enough or is it the development they get from the club? I don't know but I think if Wotherspoon was at Dundee Utd we would probably be pleased if he was signing for Hibs, if you get my drift. If he was at Hearts he would be getting huge support from their fans, we seem to turn very easily on our raw talent. He is still a young laddie after all. I would stick with him and try to develop him rather than get second rate journeymen in from all corners of the world.

Hearts fans realise that they have no option but to play youngsters so they will back them.

We on the other hand are so desperate for any success we are accepting dire viewing in the hope we can win the scottish cup with 1-0 wins each round.

How ever personally I would rather Ross Caldwell had a run in the team than kuqi any day. That'd fenlons worst signing by a long way .

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2013, 07:43 AM
I don't think Wotherspoon would get in the current sevco side, so for that reason i think this rumour is pish?

bookert
14-02-2013, 07:51 AM
I don't think Wotherspoon would get in the current sevco side, so for that reason i think this rumour is pish?

He wasn't involved on Monday were we a better team because of his ommission, I think we all know the answer to that. The first two goals came from an area of the pitch he would normally have been defending. I think fenlons made the same point saying it may have been a mistake to leave him out. As for the fact he was left out of the cup final squad, please let's.not go there.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2013, 08:01 AM
He wasn't involved on Monday were we a better team because of his ommission, I think we all know the answer to that. The first two goals came from an area of the pitch he would normally have been defending. I think fenlons made the same point saying it may have been a mistake to leave him out. As for the fact he was left out of the cup final squad, please let's.not go there.

And there was me thinking Mondays defeat was all down to Stevenson playing?

bingo70
14-02-2013, 08:10 AM

If he is a confidence player, moving to Castle Greyskull might not be a smart move.

If that is the case and he can't cope with a bit stick from small hibs crowds I'd suggest he's not mentally tough enough to make it at a club our size or certainly one the size of the rangers.

J-C
14-02-2013, 08:52 AM
And there was me thinking Mondays defeat was all down to Stevenson playing?

Ooo you naughty boy lol
Re Wotherspoon., sometimes players just don't reach the potential shown when young, this seems to be the case here, his level maybe lower SPL or div 1 but right now he's not showing enough to warrant a new deal here

The Sea-gull
14-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Wotherspoon can be a good player. If he played like he did for the first 3 or 4 months of this season I'd happily keep him as our first choice right midfielder.

The fact is he is now in his 4th season as a first team player and has only really managed to string two decent spells together. The first being for a few months at right back when he broke into the team under Yogi and the second being the afore mentioned spell this season. The rest has been take it or leave it stuff. That's why I am indifferent as to whether he stays or goes.

IFONLY
14-02-2013, 09:16 AM

This is the problem.

Sadly, none.

Whats with the digs at Stevenson/Hanlon. Stevenson has not let the team down anytime he has played this season, he had a little blip in form a while ago but is now an important part of the set up. Hanlon IMO the best centre half we have , he carries McPake through most games. Handling has hardly had a chance ffs.

SMAXXA
14-02-2013, 09:39 AM

Doesn't that prove the point most are making, if he's not good enough to get into a 3rd division side then why is he good enough for an SPL side?

Dayton, humpreys, G MStevens, Hays, Dorans to name but a few SPL players of other clubs would walk into that Rangers team.

The more I think of it I don't think it would be a bad move for him. Couple of seasons playing against poorer quality players, then come back and have another crack at SPL with that under his belt? I said at the start of the season I would have liked him to go out on loan this season for the first part, to someone like Livi or Falkirk where he would play regular and hopefully come back full of confidence with the hunger to show he is good enough for this level.

JimBHibees
14-02-2013, 10:04 AM

Couldnt agree more if he thinks he gets it tight at ER just imagine the reaction if he turned in his Aberdeen performance at Ibrox. I like his ability and think he started the season well scoring and creating a few goals however much like the team his form has dipped markedly in the last couple of months. He always looks as if he is carrying an injury when running. If he is being offered decent money at Rangers it makes sense to take it IMO at this stage of his career.

worcesterhibby
14-02-2013, 10:40 AM
I said at the start of the season I would have liked him to go out on loan this season for the first part, to someone like Livi or Falkirk where he would play regular and hopefully come back full of confidence with the hunger to show he is good enough for this level.

But that would have been a mistake wouldn't it..as he played great at the start of the season and scored some crackers. He had plenty of confidence in the first 1/4 of the season. That wasn't an issue.:rolleyes:

legends of 73
14-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Whats with the digs at Stevenson/Hanlon. Stevenson has not let the team down anytime he has played this season, he had a little blip in form a while ago but is now an important part of the set up. Hanlon IMO the best centre half we have , he carries McPake through most games. Handling has hardly had a chance ffs.

Well said tam.

Lewis will no doubt get player of the season again because of the 100% commitment he gives everytime he's picked and no matter where he plays

basehibby
14-02-2013, 11:22 AM

Don't agree with this - have been to pretty much every home game this season and have found the crowd to be generally very supportive - certainly can't recall Spoony getting unreasonable stick at any point. Sure you might get the odd Grumpy Gibby type showering random players with insults but the MAJORITY :confused:

Anyway - I think in the first half of the season Spoony was showing fine form which was part of the reason the whole team was doing so well. On that basis it'd be a shame to let him go to the huns at a point when he seems to be growing into a much more effective player.

J-C
14-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Well said tam.

Lewis will no doubt get player of the season again because of the 100% commitment he gives everytime he's picked and no matter where he plays

:agree:

Beefster
14-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Well said tam.

It would be ridiculous to have a player who can't even get into the first eleven half of the time as POTY.

legends of 73
14-02-2013, 12:00 PM
It would be ridiculous to have a player who can't even get into the first eleven half of the time as POTY.

He got it last season from the players and he'll get it this season

SMAXXA
14-02-2013, 12:03 PM

No chance

Williams looks more likley IMO

sahib
14-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Would be happy to see him move on if it meant a more effective player was brought in.

What are the chances of that?
Spoony is a decent player and although his form has dipped a bit recently, he is not unique in that respect. I would not be slashing my wrists if he leaves, but he is well worth keeping imho.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2013, 12:19 PM
What are the chances of that?
Spoony is a decent player and although his form has dipped a bit recently, he is not unique in that respect. I would not be slashing my wrists if he leaves, but he is well worth keeping imho.

Imagine he had signed for us at the beginning of the season, would you think on his performances so far that he is still worth keeping?

Baldy Foghorn
14-02-2013, 12:26 PM

Spot on re the above....

My take on DW is that he infuriates me, there is no doubting his ability and potential, however the majority of his performances have been insipid, and he is obviously very low on confidence......That needs changing, so will be interesting to see if PF can bring the best out of him again......

LeighLoyal
14-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Wouldn't like to see him or any of our players at Sevco, but it would explain his dip in form if his head is at Sevco and a pot of zombie silver.

GreenPJ
14-02-2013, 12:28 PM
The lad has ability and a lot more ability than a lot of our current midfielders/attacking players. Whether he has the appetite or temprament is still in question.

He has shown when he is in the mood and confident he is very reminiscent of Whittaker but that mood and confidence is still very sporadic. Personally I would rather lose one of the surplus of defensive central midfielders we have than lose someone who has and can have the ability to create something for us.

Beefster
14-02-2013, 12:32 PM

He got it last season but played most games IIRC. He's played less games this season, hasn't stood out in a sea of dross like last season and there have been better players than him this season - Williams, Griffiths, McGivern and more.

carnoustiehibee
14-02-2013, 12:32 PM
As i posted on a similar thread a few weeks ago but got shot down.
If spoony was any good then English clubs would have bought him and he woulda been on the fringes of the Scotland side. Both of which have no chance of happening.
He should be taking games by the scruff of the neck and standing out playing in a poor side.

Sudds_1
14-02-2013, 12:38 PM

.......bad day spooniesta? :greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
14-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Please let this be true.

The truth is that Wotherspoon has played very poorly in most of the games he has played for Hibs (if you don't think this is true then look back at historical "Player Ratings" threads).

Next.

P.S If Wotherspoon moves to Rangers there could be another "bonus" for us folks - "Wotherspiniesta" might start posting on the Follow Follow Messageboard instead of here !!! :devil: :greengrin

The_Exile
14-02-2013, 12:42 PM
I've been a regular at ER since the early 90's, we've always attacked our own when they're having a bad spell of form, some folk have short memories, anyone remember the utter dogs abuse Ian Murray got as a teenager i nhis first year? Nish is a more recent example, when O'Connor was not playing well in his first spell his head was on the block too. Fans used to cheer and celebrate when Alen Orman got subbed. When Bobby Williamson was manager of Kilmarnock he commented on our moaning nature, i'm sure he wasn't the only one.

We are an unforgiving bunch, more so than other clubs, previous poster said Hearts get behind their team, they certainly don't get on the backs of younger players as much as we do, whoever pulls the shirt over their head should get our full support, even if they're having a bad game or a bad run of form, there aren't many people who respond well to constant criticism.

For what it's worth i think it's a load of balls re: Wotherspoon going to them, but i certainly wouldn't blame him if he did.

Edit: Completely forgot to mention Section 43, who have almost single handedly changed the atmosphere from one of a complaining and pressurised nature to a more vocally supportive one in recent seasons, a big step in a better direction :thumbsup:

LeighLoyal
14-02-2013, 12:48 PM
I've been a regular at ER since the early 90's, we've always attacked our own when they're having a bad spell of form, some folk have short memories, anyone remember the utter dogs abuse Ian Murray got as a teenager i nhis first year? Nish is a more recent example, when O'Connor was not playing well in his first spell his head was on the block too. Fans used to cheer and celebrate when Alen Orman got subbed. When Bobby Williamson was manager of Kilmarnock he commented on our moaning nature, i'm sure he wasn't the only one.

We are an unforgiving bunch, more so than other clubs, previous poster said Hearts get behind their team, they certainly don't get on the backs of younger players as much as we do, whoever pulls the shirt over their head should get our full support, even if they're having a bad game or a bad run of form, there aren't many people who respond well to constant criticism.

For what it's worth i think it's a load of balls re: Wotherspoon going to them, but i certainly wouldn't blame him if he did.

Not sure Spoon has taken much flak, most seem to agree he's a good young player. I remember Ian Murray's first outings at Hibs and he was pretty murder, not helped by the fact he put Pat McGinaly out the side which was fairly bizarre by McLeish on reflection as McGinaly went to the first divi and scored a barrowload at Ayr the following year. Nish got the benefit of the doubt when he first signed and he did at first look a good addition, but then he just stagnated and became a huddy, a huddy that Mixu and Hughes couldn't see but every fan and his maw could.

JimBHibees
14-02-2013, 12:50 PM

No chance.

hibsmad
14-02-2013, 12:51 PM

This is the problem.

Sadly, none.

I agree with a lot of what you say. However there are a couple of points I would pick you up on.

Firstly, I don't think that it's fair to say that Caldwell and Handling are simply not good enough. These guys are young and need a bit more time. I remember thinking that Kenny Miller when he first broke through didn't really look good enough and he's done ok. Another example would be Wellbeck at Man Utd. During his first season I thought that he was nowhere near good enough for Man Utd and now look at him. Regular for England and scoring last night on about as big a stage as it's possible to get. Anyway, I realise that I am going off track here but the bottom line is that I feel it is far too early to judge these two players.

Secondly, you say that Wotherspoon would not get a game in any other SPL side. What about Sproule? Wotherspoon has offered far more over the last couple of seasons than Sproule yet Sproule has left and walked into a side that has now beaten us three times this season.

Anyway, I agree with most of what you say. In my opinion people just need to let go when it comes to Wotherspoon and Stevenson. It doesn't matter anymore if these two are good enough and would go on to do well for another SPL side. They have contributed largely to some massively average (at best) Hibs sides over recent years and it is surely time to move on.

JimBHibees
14-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Please let this be true.

The truth is that Wotherspoon has played very poorly in most of the games he has played for Hibs (if you don't think this is true then look back at historical "Player Ratings" threads).

Next.

P.S If Wotherspoon moves to Rangers there could be another "bonus" for us folks - "Wotherspiniesta" might start posting on the Follow Follow Messageboard instead of here !!! :devil: :greengrin

As long as you followed him there also. :greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
14-02-2013, 01:26 PM
As long as you followed him there also. :greengrin

Oh James.....that's a bit harsh ! :greengrin

JimBHibees
14-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Oh James.....that's a bit harsh ! :greengrin

Harsh but true. :greengrin

patlowe
14-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Wotherspoon is technically gifted and I want to see as many technically gifted players at Hibs as possible. However, he's never quite reached his potential for whatever reason (lack of confidence, fight etc) and to be honest he doesn't seem to have the main attributes Fenlon appears to look for in a player (pragmatism, determination, mental strength etc). IMO he'd be most effective in a team that gives him the freedom to roam and express himself; getting into dangerous spaces like his goal away to Motherwell. He's not going to be effective under a manager that prefers a more rigid structure and for that reason we should probably just let him go when the opportunity arises.

Edit: Just realised that my post sounds like an attempt to indirectly criticise Fenlon; not my intention, I just think certain styles of football suit certain types of player.

adhibs
14-02-2013, 01:50 PM
did that rumour not start ages ago on some facebook page 'the spl's *****st players'? I mind having a quick look it and imediately dismissing it. Woulod be quite happy if he did leave mind you

fatbloke
14-02-2013, 01:51 PM

That was my first thought too.

sleeping giant
14-02-2013, 02:33 PM
I think if he can get a sniff of £8k per week then he should bite their hand off.
Can't see him being offered that from anywhere else IMO.

I like Spoony though:cb

Hibernia Na Eir
14-02-2013, 02:34 PM
no great loss if he goes, never been impressed.

sleeping giant
14-02-2013, 02:38 PM
no great loss if he goes, never been impressed.

Never ?

Did he not score a raker against Celtic a few years back ? Cant mind if he scored or the keeper parried it for us to score.
I was well impressed when i first saw Spoony. Booth too for that matter.

Like them both.
I would keep him if we can but i wouldn't break the bank.

JimBHibees
14-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Never ?

Did he not score a raker against Celtic a few years back ? Cant mind if he scored or the keeper parried it for us to score.

Like them both.

:agree: Or this season few absolute beauties and also set up a few.

Golden Bear
14-02-2013, 02:45 PM
It's sad to say, but the lad's form probably peaked in the same season that he made his first team debut.

SMAXXA
14-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Never ?

Like them both.

I think you may be thinking of the raker he hit at ER that looked in all the way until Boruc came out of nowhere and tipped it onto the bar or over the bar canny mind, was a belter though.

Golden Bear
14-02-2013, 03:12 PM
I think you may be thinking of the raker he hit at ER that looked in all the way until Boruc came out of nowhere and tipped it onto the bar or over the bar canny mind, was a belter though.

He had a few similar efforts in his first season. I often wondered whatever happened to the fast overlapping full back who had the confidence to take the opposition on and was not scared of having a shot at goal.

Coaching or confidence? :dunno: but sadly he's went downhill.

sleeping giant
14-02-2013, 03:16 PM

Was indeed Boruc :agree:

HibeeSince85
14-02-2013, 03:34 PM
If he goes then so be it. I wouldn't see it as the huns stealing one of our better players.

Very rarely turns up and I'm okay with him moving on tbh.

Mikeystewart
14-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Never ?

Like them both.

I scored a raker in 5 a sides once :rolleyes:

3pm
14-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Needs a move for his own sake IMO. If it's to The Rangers then so be it.

DH1875
14-02-2013, 05:31 PM
I thought Rangers were limited on who they could sign in the next window? Is of not September 1st before they can sign anyone?

They've signed Cammy Bell on a pre-contract so I'm guessing they just can't play them till September 1st.

SMAXXA
14-02-2013, 05:54 PM
They've signed Cammy Bell on a pre-contract so I'm guessing they just can't play them till September 1st.

No they aint :bitchy:

DH1875
14-02-2013, 06:02 PM

Heard he'd signed a 5 year deal on £8k a week :confused:.

Billy Whizz
14-02-2013, 06:03 PM

What sort of reception from the Hibs support would Wotherspoon get if we found out he had signed a pre contract with Newco?

DH1875
14-02-2013, 06:11 PM

Just checked and, Aye he has :wink:.

Golden Bear
14-02-2013, 06:12 PM
What sort of reception from the Hibs support would Wotherspoon get if we found out he had signed a pre contract with Newco?

Can't be any worse than the normal abuse he's subjected to!

Wotherspiniesta
14-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Please let this be true.

Next.

In your dreams Voice of Nonsense :na na:

The sad fact for you is that clearly you're basing too much opinion on the "Ratings Thread" that you like to re-gurge to suit your views. Perhaps if you went along to a few matches you could have a more valid opinion on players :aok:

Wotherspiniesta
14-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Just a quick question for all those who would be happy to see him leave.... How did the team look on Monday...much better? In terms of creating chances? Did our right back cope OK without Wotherspoon's support?

Still think we're a better team with him in the side.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Just a quick question for all those who would be happy to see him leave.... How did the team look on Monday...much better? In terms of creating chances? Did our right back cope OK without Wotherspoon's support?

Our whole team didn't cope on Monday, maybe he's that good and we haven't actually realised!

The Voice Of Reason
14-02-2013, 07:08 PM
In your dreams Voice of Nonsense :na na:

The sad fact for you is that clearly you're basing too much opinion on the "Ratings Thread" that you like to re-gurge to suit your views. Perhaps if you went along to a few matches you could have a more valid opinion on players :aok:

Lol! I am at most games and can see how bad he is for my own eyes! The ratings threads are proof that most fans agree!

You don't like that fact and are in denial!!!!!

The Voice Of Reason
14-02-2013, 07:11 PM

Another classic post!

The new boy (Done) was our best player on Monday (had you been there you would have seen that for yourself!

Done before Wotherspoon every time please ! !

jeffers
14-02-2013, 07:22 PM

I know you are a fan of his and good on you for constantly stickiing up for him, but you seriously think he provides his fullback with support ?
I see a player with no positional sense, who leaves his fullback constantly exposed while he drifts into the middle of the park and ball watches. I can honestly say I do not remember ever seeing him actually sprint, he runs like he has been rolled up wet and put away.

So in my personal opinion, no we didn't miss him on Monday, although he did contribute as much as he did in the cup game v Aberdeen.

Wotherspiniesta
14-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Another classic post!

The new boy (Done) was our best player on Monday (had you been there you would have seen that for yourself!

Done before Wotherspoon every time please ! !

Done looked lively, I liked his directness and he looks a good player, but at the same time, he didnt help Maybury out at all when he was getting torn a new one.

I think we can accomadate both Done and Wotherspoon in the team.

The Voice Of Reason
14-02-2013, 07:45 PM
I know you are a fan of his and good on you for constantly stickiing up for him, but you seriously think he provides his fullback with support ?
I see a player with no positional sense, who leaves his fullback constantly exposed while he drifts into the middle of the park and ball watches. I can honestly say I do not remember ever seeing him actually sprint, he runs like he has been rolled up wet and put away.

So in my personal opinion, no we didn't miss him on Monday, although he did contribute as much as he did in the cup game v Aberdeen.

Spot on mate.

You are wasting your time though, wotherspoons stalker is in denial !!!

Lol! 😄

SMAXXA
14-02-2013, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=jeffers;3506320]I know you are a fan of his

What do you mean it is him lol. Let's check the timings of his posts during the day and see if its when he should be at training ha

The Voice Of Reason
14-02-2013, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=jeffers;3506320]I know you are a fan of his

What do you mean it is him lol. Let's check the timings of his posts during the day and see if its when he should be at training ha

Tee Hee !😃😃

SMAXXA
14-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Done looked lively, I liked his directness and he looks a good player, but at the same time, he didnt help Maybury out at all when he was getting torn a new one.

I don't think we can accommodate both. Also DW's defending is very poor so let's not make excuses that he suddenly offers more In a defensive capacity cause he doesn't.

He lacks positional sense defensively and can't tackle a fish supper, not that I'm expecting my wingers to be tackle merchants to be fair.

Brooster
14-02-2013, 08:24 PM

I have to agree. D and cairney are the only 2 attacking midfielders we have at the club. Both would be in my team most weeks. We certainly look livelier when they play

SMAXXA
14-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Just checked and, Aye he has :wink:.

Where does it say that? Am no avin it sunny :wink:

SMAXXA
14-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I have to agree. D and cairney are the only 2 attacking midfielders we have at the club. Both would be in my team most weeks. We certainly look livelier when they play

I think its no coincidence we have had a real dip in form since Cairney has lost his form. Even when DW wasnt at the races we did seem to have enough to scrape through games. At the moment I dont think we have that attacking threat that Cairney and Spoony do offer when both on their day.

Tp be fair I think the Cairney situation has went relativly uncommented on since his loss of form. Maybe suffering the effects of the step up and excersions of the SPL season up to Christmas time.

Malthibby
14-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Don't want Wotherspoon to go.
GG

J-C
14-02-2013, 08:32 PM

And Wotherspoon helps out when played on the right, I've watched him numerous times at ER this year and his biggest problem has been losing the ball cheaply then not trying a leg getting back to get it back, he's weak in the tackle andgets shoved off the ball all to easily.

Baldy Foghorn
14-02-2013, 09:01 PM

I asked PF directly after the Cup win over the merricks, if the plan was to have Maybury playing in, with support being provided for him, as Novowhatshimname was running riot in first half. The answer was yes, with Spoony meant to be covering, but he never did as instructed.....

monktonharp
14-02-2013, 09:33 PM

Still think we're a better team with him in the side.I go to most games, certainly at home and can confidently confirm that Spoony has been absolutely keek for weeks and looks as if he disnae gie a flyin' fiddler's ****** if he he was given the ball throughout 90 mins. sorry, but it's my opinion. and I wonty miss him.

.Sean.
14-02-2013, 10:43 PM
'He's a confidence player...'

He'll probably end up a puff of smoke if he's having a bad game at Ibrox then. No great loss if he goes.

Paisley Hibby
14-02-2013, 11:04 PM

Exactly! If it's not Spoony then it's Stevenson getting it. Why do some of our fans not see that they are only making things worse by getting on the players backs? If Spoony goes then I bet you he'll come back to haunt us. Honestly, some folk need to be careful what they wish for.

lord bunberry
14-02-2013, 11:05 PM
'He's a confidence player...'

He'll probably end up a puff of smoke if he's having a bad game at Ibrox then. No great loss if he goes.

I don't know what he's got to not be confident about he is a young guy living the dream. He needs to man up and be the player we have seen in glimpses throughout his time at hibs

IWasThere2016
15-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Nae loss IMHO. I would be confident in PF bringing in better.

Edit: and Irish :greengrin

SMAXXA
15-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Exactly! If it's not Spoony then it's Stevenson getting it. Why do some of our fans not see that they are only making things worse by getting on the players backs? If Spoony goes then I bet you he'll come back to haunt us. Honestly, some folk need to be careful what they wish for.

We wish for better, nothing to be carefull about that. If a player cant be mentally strong enough to take a bit of criticism every now and again then he wont make it far in the game.

steviehibsleith
15-02-2013, 09:02 AM
I think Spoony is in the same boat as Hanlon and other younger players of late who come into the team show something and we all expect them to perform like our past golden generation boys, broony thompson riordan fletcher...... The problem is they are not in that bracket. Yes they won Scotland caps at under21s but unless there is a gigantic improvement no Hibs player is getting near the full Scotland team.
DW is 23 this is not a young boy he has ability but anyone who has been to games can all see he is having problems onthe pitch. Ihope for him its just a period where he is out of contract - possibly tapped if the rumour is to be believed because he for quite some time IMO cannot run or has no desire too and this is why so much anger towards him, pefect example was Aberdeen where macginn just ran away from him and scored
Also now Done has arrived and showed a lot more desire and pace i dont think DW is going to feature much so if people are right and hes a confidence player he needs a move.

The Voice Of Reason
15-02-2013, 09:12 AM

I bet you that if he does leave he will NOT "come back to haunt us"!

I do not lambast Wotherspoon when I am at the games, but I am continually extremely disappointed by his contribution (lack of). I take my dad and my kids to the games and it costs me between £50 and £60 per game. For that I expect to watch players who have got something about them, e.g pace, strength, will to win, ability............for the vast vast majority of Wotherspoons games for Hibs he has shown none of that (with the very odd exception).

I would be delighted if he went to Ibrox because I confidently predict that the Hun fans (who are not known for their patience) will be sick of him after a couple of games ! It will be hilarious !!!! :faf:

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-02-2013, 10:35 AM

I do not lambast Wotherspoon when I am at the games, but I am continually extremely disappointed by his contribution (lack of). I take my dad and my kids to the games and it costs me between £50 and £60 per game. For that I expect to watch players who have got something about them, e.g pace, strength, will to win, ability............for the vast vast majority of Wotherspoons games for Hibs he has shown none of that (with the very odd exception).

I would be delighted if he went to Ibrox because I confidently predict that the Hun fans (who are not known for their patience) will be sick of him after a couple of games ! It will be hilarious !!!! :faf:

This probably quite fair, his lack of pace is staggering. He is constantly getting done by his opposite men and looks painfully unfit by 60 minutes. Just not good enough.

jeffers
15-02-2013, 01:40 PM
The only way I could ever see him coming back to haunt us is if BBC do a new series of Rent-a-Ghost.
I might be giving it tight to him here but I don't abuse him at the games (well other than the "aaw FFS" when he's failed to control the ball, or lost possession and just stands there or fails to track a runner.)

Billychaotic182
15-02-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm sick of reading comments putting our players down. Every year there is someone who gets picked on by our so called fans. Rankin got it and look at him now. A stand out in a good utd team

strummbo
15-02-2013, 02:11 PM
I despair of some supporters so i do.

I dont care where he goes. he is a Hibs player and until the point in time he is not I will encourage him on from the sidelines

Give it a rest ya moaning gits, hardly encouraging for the laddie

Funny how some of those on the terrace are experts eh? if ye were an expert you would be in the game

Muppets!

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm sick of reading comments putting our players down. Every year there is someone who gets picked on by our so called fans. Rankin got it and look at him now. A stand out in a good utd team

Naw he's not? :confused:

Beefster
15-02-2013, 02:52 PM

Not according to the folk that watch him every week.

IWasThere2016
15-02-2013, 02:56 PM

Arabs I know - who all have STs and go regularly (this includes a Jambo and a Hibby who get cheap seniors' STs :confused:) - say Flood has been their POTY this season, and Rankin was one of their better players last season but NOT this season.

The Voice Of Reason
15-02-2013, 03:53 PM
I despair of some supporters so i do.

I dont care where he goes. he is a Hibs player and until the point in time he is not I will encourage him on from the sidelines

Give it a rest ya moaning gits, hardly encouraging for the laddie

Funny how some of those on the terrace are experts eh? if ye were an expert you would be in the game

Muppets!

Dearie Me, Drama Queen alert !!!!! :faf:

Someone starts a thread about Wotherspoon and fans comment on his performances (Reminder - this is a Message Board!)

I happen to think that Wotherspoon is not good enough for our 1st Team (based on what I have seen with my own eyes). You assume that anyone who does not rate Wotherspoon has never played the game! What about the fans who do rate Wotherspoon, have they played the game ?!?!?

Like a number of fans, I played to a decent level and only started watching Hibs on Saturdays once I retired (not that it matters really!) :rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
15-02-2013, 07:08 PM

How can you be "continually extremely disappointed" at anything? Surely you could be extremely disappointed, then disappointed, then a little disappointed, then accept it as the norm. But continually extremely disappointed? No.

Wotherspoon's fall from grace, as always, has been widely blown out of proportion. He was playing very well at the start of the season and getting a little recognition on the forum here. He's been off the boil (like everyone else at the club) for the past few months and has been shot down in flames. " Can't run, doesn't track back, can't tackle, can't beat his man" Yet at the start of the season he had the beating of his man in several games, provided a large number of assists and scored a few cracking goals. Motherwell away, Caley at home, Hearts in the cup and at home, Dundee, Killie at home. But some bad team and personal performances and suddenly we get posts like this laying into every aspect of his game.

Wotherspoon is a bit of an enigma. In his few years at Hibs, his form has been a lot like his positions on the pitch. All over the place. When he's good he's very good and when he's bad he's awful. But he does have talent and when I read lines like this, about a current Hibs player who has always given 100% for his club, wether he's on a going day or not, and about a guy who has provided a lot of great moments for us this season, including a winner against THEM it actually makes me despair at some of the idiots we have in our support.

In terms of Wotherspoon's future, I've got faith in Paddy to either get the deal sorted, get him tied down for a couple of years and help him recapture his form of earlier this season, or move him on and replace adequately.

PS, training was a hard shift today, Alan Maybury won the sprint race, Ben Williams saved 74 out of 70 penalties and things almost boiled over when Sparky threw a bib at a man's face.

Billychaotic182
15-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Arabs I know - who all have STs and go regularly (this includes a Jambo and a Hibby who get cheap seniors' STs :confused:) - say Flood has been their POTY this season, and Rankin was one of their better players last season but NOT this season.

My boss is an Arab and he raves about him. Thinks hibs were foolish to let him leave on a free.

The Voice Of Reason
15-02-2013, 07:58 PM
How can you be "continually extremely disappointed" at anything? Surely you could be extremely disappointed, then disappointed, then a little disappointed, then accept it as the norm. But continually extremely disappointed? No.

Wotherspoon's fall from grace, as always, has been widely blown out of proportion. He was playing very well at the start of the season and getting a little recognition on the forum here. He's been off the boil (like everyone else at the club) for the past few months and has been shot down in flames. " Can't run, doesn't track back, can't tackle, can't beat his man" Yet at the start of the season he had the beating of his man in several games, provided a large number of assists and scored a few cracking goals. Motherwell away, Caley at home, Hearts in the cup and at home, Dundee, Killie at home. But some bad team and personal performances and suddenly we get posts like this laying into every aspect of his game.

Wotherspoon is a bit of an enigma. In his few years at Hibs, his form has been a lot like his positions on the pitch. All over the place. When he's good he's very good and when he's bad he's awful. But he does have talent and when I read lines like this, about a current Hibs player who has always given 100% for his club, wether he's on a going day or not, and about a guy who has provided a lot of great moments for us this season, including a winner against THEM it actually makes me despair at some of the idiots we have in our support.

In terms of Wotherspoon's future, I've got faith in Paddy to either get the deal sorted, get him tied down for a couple of years and help him recapture his form of earlier this season, or move him on and replace adequately.

PS, training was a hard shift today, Alan Maybury won the sprint race, Ben Williams saved 74 out of 70 penalties and things almost boiled over when Sparky threw a bib at a man's face.

Thanks for that David :aok::faf:

The Voice Of Reason
15-02-2013, 08:03 PM

What do you mean when you say "wether he's on a going day or not" ?!? :confused:

scoopyboy
15-02-2013, 08:05 PM
My boss is an Arab and he raves about him. Thinks hibs were foolish to let him leave on a free.

You think we should have sold him?????????????

AlbertK86
15-02-2013, 08:49 PM

Done created more but was as bad as Spoon at not covering back

If you think David is good at covering back you are surely rrelated to him ...

I like Spoony and want him to do well but his pathetic sticking a foot out as an excuse for a tackle and lack of tracking back (usually trots back uninterested) frustrates the hell out of me

A step down a division or two may actually give him a chance to rebuilt his fragile confidence

Won't be despondent if he goes

Steve-O
15-02-2013, 10:57 PM
I blame his mum for feeding him too many cakes.

Billychaotic182
15-02-2013, 11:49 PM
You think we should have sold him?????????????

No but we let his contract run out and ended up signing worse players on the same wage. Meaning a player like him should have cost them a fee

TrickyNicky
16-02-2013, 02:19 AM
Dearie Me, Drama Queen alert !!!!! :faf:

Someone starts a thread about Wotherspoon and fans comment on his performances (Reminder - this is a Message Board!)

I happen to think that Wotherspoon is not good enough for our 1st Team (based on what I have seen with my own eyes). You assume that anyone who does not rate Wotherspoon has never played the game! What about the fans who do rate Wotherspoon, have they played the game ?!?!?

Like a number of fans, I played to a decent level and only started watching Hibs on Saturdays once I retired (not that it matters really!) :rolleyes:

The manager obviously does, otherwise he wouldn't have him on the park.

So, is Fenlon not very smart or is Wotherspoon the best option we have?

Who would you put in his place?