PDA

View Full Version : Jim Traynor exposed for trying to get job with the Huns pre SEVCO

itslegaltender
13-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Not seen this on here yet, what a repugnant individual. http://blogs.channel...-lamb-rack/4144 (http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/succulent-lamb-rack/4144)

Steve20
13-02-2013, 06:18 PM
That guy is obsessed with Rangers. Is it his job just to write about them every so often?

AgentDaleCooper
13-02-2013, 06:32 PM
That guy is obsessed with Rangers. Is it his job just to write about them every so often?

as far as i can see, he's simply taken it upon himself to provide a journalistic service almost entirely unavailable through scottish pundits, that is, a critical voice against (the) rangers that sees nothing about them sacrosanct. i'm guessing it prickles him that noone else is doing this properly up here, so he's filling that gap. fair play to him, i say - we should be greatful.

keep the faith
13-02-2013, 06:35 PM

I hope so.

Purple & Green
13-02-2013, 06:37 PM

Saorsa
13-02-2013, 06:39 PM
That guy is obsessed with Rangers. Is it his job just to write about them every so often?You call him obsessed! Everytime there's a thread on here slagging the stickies you're normally all over it like a rash.

Jim44
13-02-2013, 06:40 PM
When you consider his shameful charade of feigned neutrality in relation to the Old Firm in print and on the air and his thinly disguised claims of supporting Airdrie, when all the time he was deep down rooting for his beloved Glasgow Rangers, how can he look at his ugly puss in the mirror?

Keith_M
13-02-2013, 06:57 PM

If he didn't, the only people writing about them would be the sycophants in the Scottish Media. There aren't any journalistic articles in the Scottish Press about The Rangers, just full page press releases.

We should all be grateful to Thomson.

lapsedhibee
13-02-2013, 07:01 PM
We should all be grateful to Thomson.

:agree:

The Green Goblin
13-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Its in the sevco thread

MrSmith
13-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Agree too! To think BBC Scotland used license payers money to fund his Rangers agenda and obsession.

Hank Schrader
13-02-2013, 07:09 PM

No, it's his job to be a proper investigative journalist but feel free to write him off just like the useless hacks that parade as "journalists" in the Scottish sporting media did. If you did your research you'll find this guy has an impressive CV which includes frontline reporting on the war on Afghanistan. He got involved in the Rangers story by accident and was so shocked at the level of corruption and biased reporting surrounding Rangers in this country that he felt there was a story to be told.

Hank Schrader
13-02-2013, 07:11 PM
You call him obsessed! Everytime there's a thread on here slagging the stickies you're normally all over it like a rash.

And Hearts will "never go bust" apparently. :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
13-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Not seen this on here yet, what a repugnant individual. http://blogs.channel...-lamb-rack/4144 (http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/succulent-lamb-rack/4144)
Are you suggesting he is an opportunist twat with an eye for the main chance?

Jack Hackett
13-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Also note that Alex Thomson isn't afraid to open his blog to comments, and is prepared to accept the rancid spoutings of his Sevco haters. In the many links to Traynors stories and blogs I've followed from here, not one of them has been open to comment....Pretty much the same as the way he'd cut off anyone who dared to question him on the radio. Coward!

truehibernian
13-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Also note that Alex Thomson isn't afraid to open his blog to comments, and is prepared to accept the rancid spoutings of his Sevco haters. In the many links to Traynors stories and blogs I've followed from here, not one of them has been open to comment....Pretty much the same as the way he'd cut off anyone who dared to question him on the radio. Coward!

The only person who has taken JT on that I've heard in recent times was Stuart Cosgrove - had JT squirming many times during the Rangers debates and JT had absolutely no comeback and would always try and deflect the argument when he was clearly out his depth. He is a very unintelligent man and to be quite frank, we shouldn't be giving him any airspace/media time.

His terrible documentary/question time about the state of the game in Scotland was on the same ironic plain as having Amanda Holden as a judge on a talent show. Jim Traynor should be nowhere near opinions on how to change the game in Scotland for the greater good and that was a waste of licence fees.

lenny leith
13-02-2013, 08:47 PM
I think this says alot more about the Daily Record and the Sunday Mail than it does about Traynor.

Utterly despicable newspapers

Zondervan
13-02-2013, 09:35 PM
It's all lies, of course!

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/opinion/item/3359-thomson-should-blog-off

Hank Schrader
13-02-2013, 09:42 PM

The fact he is allowed to vent his spleen personally on a football clubs website shows how little class The Rangers and JT have.

ScottB
13-02-2013, 09:46 PM

Not even going to read it, but it sums up the state of that club that they have an 'opinion' section on their site. Could you imagine Hibs doing anything like that? Utter nonsense.

Amazing that they seem to think they have right to tell the free press and the internet what can and can't be discussed.

Dashing Bob S
13-02-2013, 10:34 PM
That guy is obsessed with Rangers. Is it his job just to write about them every so often? If you mean Traynor, yes it is officially his job now, whereas it was unofficially his job for years. If you mean Thomson, he's a newcoming to this enthralling party.

PatHead
13-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Favourite comment from the article

"I'll show a hack who wasn't doing his job."

He is an expert in that right enough. Maybe he will appear in public.

hibbysam
13-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Favourite comment from the article

"I'll show a hack who wasn't doing his job."

He is an expert in that right enough. Maybe he will appear in public.

Mine personally was

"Enjoy, and stop worrying about bloggers."

Yet he had just sat for probably a couple of hours thinking of a reply to a certain blog.

Absolute bellend of a man!

Jack Hackett
14-02-2013, 06:05 AM
So we can expect a writ for libel any day now from jabba?

AndyM_1875
14-02-2013, 08:24 AM
If you mean Traynor, yes it is officially his job now, whereas it was unofficially his job for years. If you mean Thomson, he's a newcoming to this enthralling party.

Indeed Bob and its better hearing from the likes of Thomson than slavering Sellik types like Mental Phil and his minions who usually resort to type and start whinging and greeting about conspiracies and how 'it's no fair'.

Of course if you are as cynical as me we all know this is all garbage anyway.
Wind the clock forward 3 and a bit years and we'll be approaching summer 2015.
Rangers will be on the point of re-entering the SPL and the first fixture Celtic fans will look to will be the Rangers one. Season Ticket sales will be rising at Parkhead in anticipation of one thing. Sponsorships will be up and the TV deal will have been renegotiated. Clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen given coverage as "most likely" in the previous couple of years will revert back to being patronised by the media (Weejia).
So much for the new club argument then with Rangers.

At a low key meeting in a Glasgow hotel, Peter Lawell will meet Charles Green and shake him warmly by the hand " Hello Charles, good to see you. Can I get you a glass of red? Now ... 8,500 visiting fans tickets for the fixtures at Parkhead and the Broomloan for our fans. Can we set up some meetings for joint sponsorship? There's a lot of revenue streams to tap etc etc".
By 2016 they'll both carry the same shirt sponsors and the Old Firm cartel will be fully back in action. It will be as nothing had ever happened and we should not be surprised at Celtic jumping right back on board the Old Firm Wagon as it's all they know.

poolman
14-02-2013, 08:40 AM

:rolleyes: Why the Hell not, Alex Thomson's blogs have been first class since der Hun went into administration

He's brought to light a lot of information that the likes of us on The Net would never have known

keep it up I say :agree:

hibsbollah
14-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Alex Thomson is a real journalist. But Traynor is a typical journalist, sadly.

Bill Milne
14-02-2013, 09:17 AM
I think we are all familiar with the way in which "celebrities" in the West identify with smaller clubs to avoid accusations of bias. I can think of the following examples offhand:-

Billy Connolly - Partick Thistle - now Celtic
Dougie Donnelly - Clyde - obviously Sevco
Chick Young - St Mirren - ditto Sevco

Perhaps others can come up with other examples.

Honourable exemptions are:-

Arthur Montford - Morton
Bob Crampsey - Queens Park
Bill Leckie - St Mirren

JeMeSouviens
14-02-2013, 10:20 AM
I think we are all familiar with the way in which "celebrities" in the West identify with smaller clubs to avoid accusations of bias. I can think of the following examples offhand:-

Billy Connolly - Partick Thistle - now Celtic
Dougie Donnelly - Clyde - obviously Sevco
Chick Young - St Mirren - ditto Sevco

Perhaps others can come up with other examples.

Honourable exemptions are:-

Arthur Montford - Morton
Bob Crampsey - Queens Park
Bill Leckie - St Mirren

Leckie is a Hun as well. He was caught off guard during (I think) a 5 live radio appearance when asked to comment on the Huns. The presenter introduced him saying, "you're a big Rangers man, Bill, what do you think?". Cue much spluttering (but no denial) from Leckie.

dangermouse
14-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Indeed Bob and its better hearing from the likes of Thomson than slavering Sellik types like Mental Phil and his minions who usually resort to type and start whinging and greeting about conspiracies and how 'it's no fair'.

Rangers will be on the point of re-entering the SPL and the first fixture Celtic fans will look to will be the Rangers one. Season Ticket sales will be rising at Parkhead in anticipation of one thing. Sponsorships will be up and the TV deal will have been renegotiated. Clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen given coverage as "most likely" in the previous couple of years will revert back to being patronised by the media (Weejia).

At a low key meeting in a Glasgow hotel, Peter Lawell will meet Charles Green and shake him warmly by the hand " Hello Charles, good to see you. Can I get you a glass of red? Now ... 8,500 visiting fans tickets for the fixtures at Parkhead and the Broomloan for our fans. Can we set up some meetings for joint sponsorship? There's a lot of revenue streams to tap etc etc".
By 2016 they'll both carry the same shirt sponsors and the Old Firm cartel will be fully back in action. It will be as nothing had ever happened and we should not be surprised at Celtic jumping right back on board the Old Firm Wagon as it's all they know.

This would be really funny if it weren't likely to be true. :grr:

LeighLoyal
14-02-2013, 12:35 PM
The slug had the cheek to lampoon the integrity of the media in relation to Sevco in his Daily Gercord departure piece, this from a man who gave Craig Whyte editorial control of his and his alleged newspapers Oldco output while pimping himself for a hun full time job. Despicable.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Who's holding up the Rangers end at the Record - Jackson or someone else?

AndyM_1875
14-02-2013, 01:25 PM
This would be really funny if it weren't likely to be true. :grr:

It's why I can't get excited about any of this Rangers stuff dangermouse.

The same Sellik muppets who slaver their bitter outrage at every po-faced ,self-righteous pronouncement from Mad Phil, CQN, Paul McConville or the Tax Case guy will be in full "I know thee not old man" mode towards these same once feted individuals who will be kicked into touch (much like Brother Walfrid was in 1888) and dismissed as 'extreme voices' or 'fringe lunatics' after the first Old Firm games have been played.

As Rangers restablish themselves in the top flight the Celtic position will change, the language will soften and the bulk of the support will swing fully behind the re-established cartel.

Rank hypocrisy given all the rubbish that's been put out. But for Peter Lawell and Charles Green it's just business and bloody lucrative business at that. In April 2015 when Rangers win SPL2, there will never have been a Rangers league win as warmly received in the boardroom at Parkhead. In a non footballing sense I predict by 2017 or 2018 they'll be wearing the same sponsors on their shirts again and as they'll probably both be near enough free of debt I don't think the Old Firm will ever have been stronger or tighter with each other off the park.

WindyMiller
14-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Who's holding up the Rangers end at the Record - Jackson or someone else?

I'm sure Jackson started out as a "journalist" with Rangers News.

JimBHibees
14-02-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm sure Jackson started out as a "journalist" with Rangers News.

Wonder how his JC court case is going. I know courts are busy but surely that must have been heard by now. :greengrin

Was there not something like 12 hacks that had started there and now were in mainstream media jobs. Think BAanderson may be one

Hibernia Na Eir
14-02-2013, 02:24 PM
So we can expect a writ for libel any day now from jabba?

Haha, I was just thinking he looked like Jabba.
either that, or an overweight, diseasead Walrus.

Hibs On Tour
16-02-2013, 12:27 AM

Great post :agree: