IanM
13-02-2013, 04:26 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21431994

Shame

BarneyK
13-02-2013, 04:30 PM

Shame

So they cannae play him, and they cannae sell him. That must be a right pisser :greengrin

Haymaker
13-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Hahaha! **** him!

AberdreamHibee
13-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Literally 2 games after they miss the window to sell their highest earner so he can play for them he's out hahahaha

Nae luck. Him and Paterson out...hopefully N'Goo next and they are utterly screwed.

Big Frank
13-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Pretty much one of their most consistent performers. They are definitely weaker.

Great, coudln't happen to to a nice bunch of fudroasters.

DaveF
13-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Never mind Zal. You'll still collect your 10 grand a week from those muppets. Flash them the odd 5-1 and mumble the hearts song and they will lap it up.

Good lad :thumbsup:

#FromTheCapital
13-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Bit worried where our goals against them are going to come from now.

NOLA
13-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Never mind Zal. You'll still collect your 10 grand a week from those muppets. Flash them the odd 5-1 and mumble the hearts song and they will lap it up.

quality :thumbsup:

13-02-2013, 08:56 PM

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
13-02-2013, 09:05 PM

Shame

Maybe he's insured and the insurers are paying the wages now? :wink:

mca
13-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Maybe he's insured and the insurers are paying the wages now? :wink:

diny spoil it.. i was trying to work out how many fairy cakes they would need to pay his wages until the end of the season..

hopefully his insurance only covers the expensive medical treatment - that he will now require... :cb

Bostonhibby
13-02-2013, 09:19 PM
diny spoil it.. i was trying to work out how many fairy cakes they would need to pay his wages until the end of the season..

hopefully his insurance only covers the expensive medical treatment - that he will now require... :cb

:greengrin if it covers the wages whilst he isn't playing (many do) then he can take as long as possible to recover and as every week goes by its a week he gets paid where he otherwise might not have and another there's nae chance of him being sold or walking away, every silver lining has a silver lining.

TrinityHibs
13-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Just a personal thing but I think we are better than this thread. I just dont get the s******ing at players injuries. It doesn't matter who it is.

hibees 7062
13-02-2013, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=mca;3505574]diny spoil it.. i was trying to work out how many fairy cakes they would need to pay his wages until the end of the season..

hopefully his insurance doesnt cover the expensive medical treatment - that he will now require... :cb[/QUOTE Fixed that for you mate :greengrin

California-Hibs
13-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Couldn't of happened to a nicer person :faf: Karma. Get it up him, get it up Hearts. HUGE loss for them. :cb

Frazerbob
13-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Just a personal thing but I think we are better than this thread. I just dont get the s******ing at players injuries. It doesn't matter who it is.

Whilst I see your point, the man is a prick of the highest order. They are weaker without them and he costs them a fortune. What's not to like? Still, he's got his 5-1!

SMAXXA
13-02-2013, 09:59 PM

To be fair I expected to see a comment such as this on this thread. I dont care to be honest, if he has alife thretening illness or something similar I would expect evryone on here to be wishing him well, but an injury that he will be out for a few months, **** him, hes never shown us any respect so why should we suddenly start saying aww what a shame hes injured? :confused:

Many more to go the same way for them the better IMO

California-Hibs
13-02-2013, 10:02 PM
To be fair I expected to see a comment such as this on this thread. I dont care to be honest, if he has alife thretening illness or something similar I would expect evryone on here to be wishing him well, but an injury that he will be out for a few months, **** him, hes never shown us any respect so why should we suddenly start saying aww what a shame hes injured? :confused:

Many more to go the same way for them the better IMO

Exactly.

StevieC
13-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Don't forget that Swiss team Young Boys, whose transfer window doesn't close till this Friday, were looking at tabling a late bid for the defender.

That's potential transfer income that won't be going towards wages any time soon.

#FromTheCapital
13-02-2013, 11:19 PM

We are football fans not devout christians. I'm glad he's injured because it ends any hope hearts had of cashing in on him. Couldn't care less about Zaliukas either because he's a twat. Don't understand why anyone would have sympathy for someone who earns 10k a week for doing something they enjoy. He's only out for a few months anyway

Saorsa
13-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Just a personal thing but I think we are better than this thread. I just dont get the s******ing at players injuries. It doesn't matter who it is.:angelic:

Billy Whizz
13-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Don't forget that Swiss team Young Boys, whose transfer window doesn't close till this Friday, were looking at tabling a late bid for the defender.

That's potential transfer income that won't be going towards wages any time soon.

They'll probably pick him up for nothing when Hearts go pop

Cool_Hand_Luke
13-02-2013, 11:42 PM
We are football fans not devout christians. I'm glad he's injured because it ends any hope hearts had of cashing in on him. Couldn't care less about Zaliukas either because he's a twat. Don't understand why anyone would have sympathy for someone who earns 10k a week for doing something they enjoy. He's only out for a few months anyway

:agree: :top marks

This.
Its not as if he's not getting paid while he's out injured either :fibber: :greengrin

allezsauzee
14-02-2013, 08:07 AM
A huge blow for us as he was our main goalscoring threat for next month's derby

TrinityHibs
14-02-2013, 10:33 AM

Did you actually read my post? Its about class not sympathy. In my opinion openly glorifying in any footballers injury lacks class that was the point of my post. For clarity I am a football fan. Fans of football generally dont like seeing players being injured due to the relatively short careers they have. I am a Hibs fan as well and do appreciate the benefit to Hibs of Zaliukas not playing. This also benefits every other team in the league that Hertz have to play so the benefit is probably minimal in real terms. There is a serious disbenefit to Hertz as they are likely not to be as solid at the back and will drop points. Class is a broad church and not specific to Christians devout or otherwise. I have no idea about whether or not he was going to be sold to some Swiss outfit but I would have thought if he was going he would have been away already. You claim you dont care about Zaliukas and then immediately say he's a twat which would suggest that you do. Zaliukas lacks class and panders to the dafties. Expressing dislike shows he has got under your skin sometimes its best to say nothing. I have not expressed sympathy at any time. I have no idea what he might earn but that is irrelevant to the point I made nor does his enjoyment of his job. I have no idea if he's out for a week, month or year.

SMAXXA said he doesnt care about this injury but would expect people to wish him well if he had a life threatening illness. I wouldn't. I dont know him or his family personally. My only knowledge of him is as a football player through the media and he comes across as someone I have no respect for whatsoever. I would empathise with him should his career be ended, he contracted cancer or he died. However I would not post saying that I was sorry to hear about what had happened or RIP. Some posters do and thats their choice. Saying nothing or wishing him well shows a degree of class laughing at his injury doesn't in my opinion.

Finally, just to be clear. I think Zaliukas is a c@ck and its got nothing to do with his physical well being or otherwise. When I said I was sorry to hear about big Zal to the Jumbos in my office I was told to F*** off as they knew what I was really thinking. To me a simple Zaliukas is out for the rest of the season says everything that needs to be said. Sympathising plays with their (small) minds as they know that financial issues and defensive frailties are the reality. Getting ripped in with Zal's crocked gives them the moral high ground.

Anyway Zal's out for the rest of the season:wink:

lapsedhibee
14-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Did you actually read my post? Its about class not sympathy. In my opinion openly glorifying in any footballers injury lacks class that was the point of my post. For clarity I am a football fan. Fans of football generally dont like seeing players being injured due to the relatively short careers they have. I am a Hibs fan as well and do appreciate the benefit to Hibs of Zaliukas not playing. This also benefits every other team in the league that Hertz have to play so the benefit is probably minimal in real terms. There is a serious disbenefit to Hertz as they are likely not to be as solid at the back and will drop points. Class is a broad church and not specific to Christians devout or otherwise. I have no idea about whether or not he was going to be sold to some Swiss outfit but I would have thought if he was going he would have been away already. You claim you dont care about Zaliukas and then immediately say he's a twat which would suggest that you do. Zaliukas lacks class and panders to the dafties. Expressing dislike shows he has got under your skin sometimes its best to say nothing. I have not expressed sympathy at any time. I have no idea what he might earn but that is irrelevant to the point I made nor does his enjoyment of his job. I have no idea if he's out for a week, month or year.

SMAXXA said he doesnt care about this injury but would expect people to wish him well if he had a life threatening illness. I wouldn't. I dont know him or his family personally. My only knowledge of him is as a football player through the media and he comes across as someone I have no respect for whatsoever. I would empathise with him should his career be ended, he contracted cancer or he died. However I would not post saying that I was sorry to hear about what had happened or RIP. Some posters do and thats their choice. Saying nothing or wishing him well shows a degree of class laughing at his injury doesn't in my opinion.

Finally, just to be clear. I think Zaliukas is a c@ck and its got nothing to do with his physical well being or otherwise. When I said I was sorry to hear about big Zal to the Jumbos in my office I was told to F*** off as they knew what I was really thinking. To me a simple Zaliukas is out for the rest of the season says everything that needs to be said. Sympathising plays with their (small) minds as they know that financial issues and defensive frailties are the reality. Getting ripped in with Zal's crocked gives them the moral high ground.

If you're that bothered about the perception of classiness, why do you imply on a public forum that your workmates are small-minded? Wouldn't it be better to get another job rather than sneer at them in this way? :confused:

TrinityHibs
14-02-2013, 11:30 AM
If you're that bothered about the perception of classiness, why do you imply on a public forum that your workmates are small-minded? Wouldn't it be better to get another job rather than sneer at them in this way? :confused:

There was no implication. The (small) minded comment was aimed at the greater collective of Hertz followers but would also apply to my hertz minded colleagues. I could also have used the terms narrow minded, simple minded, deluded or irritating. I dont sneer at them but do treat them with contempt. I am happy with my job.

With regard to the extended post on class it was in response to another poster who seemed to thnk my original post was in some way sympathetic towards Zaliukas.

Geo_1875
14-02-2013, 11:47 AM
I'd be surprised if HoMFC have paid the premiums for the insurance.

#FromTheCapital
14-02-2013, 12:31 PM

I don't think anyone was particularly glorifying his injury. People are laughing at it because of the circumstances surrounding it which sees him out for the rest of the season and coincidentally the remainder of his contract with hearts. If his career was over then I'm sure the reaction wouldn't be the same.
My post was relative to this situation. Sympathy was perhaps the wrong word to use.
The Swiss transfer window is different to ours and there were lots of rumours that a Swiss team were going to put a bid in for him this month. Obviously not happening now which is quite funny given how much hearts would of benefitted by not having to pay his huge wages as well as a transfer fee.
I couldn't care less about an injury for Zaliukas which keeps him out for a couple of months, he plays for another team who happen to be our rivals. Same goes for any non-hibs player who picks up an injury that only keeps them out for a couple of months, it simply doesn't interest me. Most of them get paid fortunes anyway.
I'm glad we agree that Zaliukas is a cock ;-)

Haymaker
14-02-2013, 05:50 PM
I'd be surprised if HoMFC have paid the premiums for the insurance.

Pretty sure they have to be paid before the season starts and the league must have copies or a player cant play.

That is how my local side do it at non professional level so would be the same at pro level.

givescotlandfreedom
14-02-2013, 06:58 PM

Now he's injured they'd surely offer nothing more than a pre-contact.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2013, 07:54 PM

He's got an ankle injury that will prevent him from playing football for a couple of months, he's not dying of some horrible disease.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2013, 07:56 PM
He's got an ankle injury that will prevent him from playing football for a couple of months, he's not dying of some horrible disease.

Is it only his ankle, i saw the incident on the news and hoped it was cruciate damage at least?

Sir David Gray
14-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Is it only his ankle, i saw the incident on the news and hoped it was cruciate damage at least?

He's torn one ankle ligament and the other one is apparently "hanging by a thread" according to McGlynn.

hibee_nation
14-02-2013, 07:59 PM

With any luck they will operate on the wrong leg and he is out for 6 months :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2013, 08:07 PM
He's torn one ankle ligament and the other one is apparently "hanging by a thread" according to McGlynn.

Surely 5 minutes with Rima and her magic sticks, and he will be fit for Saturday?

darwenhibby
14-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Surely 5 minutes with Rima and her magic sticks, and he will be fit for Saturday?

No doubt it means he's fit for the derby!

kaimendhibs
15-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Can't stand him. In fact, hope I never see him again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
15-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Can't stand him. In fact, hope I never see him again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You probably won't unless they make him limp up to get a loser's medal at Hampden :)