PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren by train

Hibrandenburg
13-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Seems straight forward enough or am I missing something?

wearethehibs
13-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Train to Glasgow, train from Glasgow to Paisley then a small walk to the ground. Simple

Billy Whizz
13-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Train to Glasgow, train from Glasgow to Paisley then a small walk to the ground. Simple

As long as you get off at the right Paisley station, as there are 2.

Ryan91
13-02-2013, 09:34 AM

You'll be wanting off at Paisley St. James

saltandsauce
13-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Get off at gilmour street for a beer first then back on the train to st James is my recommendation

cocopops1875
13-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Aye mate its a doddle and a really good wee day out :-) save yourself for a pie at the match too no quite a killie pie but very decent all the same

wearethehibs
13-02-2013, 10:18 AM
I usually get of at Gilmore street for the great pub beside it. Its still only a short walk to the ground from there. 10mins tops.

HiBremian
13-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Seems straight forward enough or am I missing something?

Or in our case, ICE to Cologne, Thalys to Brussels, Eurostar to London, train to Glasgow, train to Paisley, then a small walk to the ground. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
13-02-2013, 02:15 PM
With the way the trains will (hopefully) work out, my current plan means I'll be home an hour earlier than if it was a home game!

wearethehibs
13-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Or in our case, ICE to Cologne, Thalys to Brussels, Eurostar to London, train to Glasgow, train to Paisley, then a small walk to the ground. :greengrin

Seems straight forward enough lol

Hibernia Na Eir
13-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Aye mate its a doddle and a really good wee day out :-) save yourself for a pie at the match too no quite a killie pie but very decent all the same

had my one and only haggis, neeps 'n tatties pie at old Love Street many years ago......was superb, from what I can remember.

Paisley Hibby
13-02-2013, 02:50 PM

There are 4 stations in Paisley. The ones you want to head for are Gilmour Street (the main one, in the town centre and about a 15 min walk to the ground) or St James (next to the St Mirren Ground but there's nowt else there). Trains going to Greenock, Gourock and Wemyss Bay stop at both these stations. Trains for Ayr, Largs and Adrossan only stop at Gilmour Street. The other two stations are on a different railway line and are called Paisley Canal and Hawkhead. You want to give those ones a miss -even although these are the only trains that actually say Paisley as the final destination. Herendith my Paisley trains sermon :greengrin

neilmartinrocks
13-02-2013, 04:35 PM
There are 4 stations in Paisley. The ones you want to head for are Gilmour Street (the main one, in the town centre and about a 15 min walk to the ground) or St James (next to the St Mirren Ground but there's nowt else there). Trains going to Greenock, Gourock and Wemyss Bay stop at both these stations. Trains for Ayr, Largs and Adrossan only stop at Gilmour Street. The other two stations are on a different railway line and are called Paisley Canal and Hawkhead. You want to give those ones a miss -even although these are the only trains that actually say Paisley as the final destination. Herendith my Paisley trains sermon :greengrin

cheers for that Buddy.:greengrin

.Sean.
13-02-2013, 05:06 PM
I got off at the station by the Wetherspoons, was quite a trek to the stadium I think.

hibee_nation
13-02-2013, 05:16 PM

One thing to add to that is you get fast and slow trains for Gourock. Not all trains stop at St James, only the ones that stop at all stations. The fast trains first stop from Glasgow Central is Gilmour St, get off here or your next stop will be Bishopton.

Hibrandenburg
13-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. Have hired a car for a few days when I'm over but the train seemed the better option. Added bonus of a pie and a pint to boot :-)

Keith_M
13-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. Have hired a car for a few days when I'm over but the train seemed the better option. Added bonus of a pie and a pint to boot :-)

Try to remember they drive on the wrong side of the road and you'll be sorted :greengrin

You takin the wee man with you?

Hibrandenburg
13-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Try to remember they drive on the wrong side of the road and you'll be sorted :greengrin

You takin the wee man with you?

:greengrin

Aye, he's coming over, just the two of us. Gonna decide if he comes to the game at short notice depending on the weather and his Tagesform. If they get beat again though he's getting labelled a jinx and I'll buy him a season ticket for Hertha. :agree:

Keith_M
13-02-2013, 07:42 PM
:greengrin

Aye, he's coming over, just the two of us. Gonna decide if he comes to the game at short notice depending on the weather and his Tagesform. If they get beat again though he's getting labelled a jinx and I'll buy him a season ticket for Hertha. :agree:

That's Child Cruelty!!

Hermit Crab
13-02-2013, 08:01 PM

There are actually 3. Paisley Gilmour st, paisley st James (for the stadium) and paisley canal.

SwanseaHibs
13-02-2013, 08:51 PM
It's a good trek from Gilmour St to the ground but if you go in the pub by the station there's a taxi rank just there so can jump in one. There's a short-cut to the ground from the pub that goes up a big hill by a church but you need to know where you're going.
best idea is to get off at Gilmour St for a pint then back in the station to platform 2 for the train to St. James.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-02-2013, 05:23 PM
If you buy a return to Glasgow, then another one to Paisley from there, its cheaper than buying a return from Edinburgh-Paisley.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Do you not have to get the train to Glasgow central - no connection via queen street ( u can walk between stations of course but its about 10mins iirc)

JimBHibees
15-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Do you not have to get the train to Glasgow central - no connection via queen street ( u can walk between stations of course but its about 10mins iirc)

Pretty sure it is Central you would get the Paisley train from.

SwanseaHibs
15-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Central for the train to Paisley.

jon paul jones
16-02-2013, 08:38 AM

Edinburgh to Glasgow QStreet/Central Off peak day return £12.60
Glasgow to Paisley St James Off peak day return £3.60
£16.20

Type in Edinburgh to Paisley St James return £18.50

Maybe the £2.30 is the can of bevvy I buy between Queen Street and Central??