PDA

View Full Version : Poor wee lad

Waxy
12-02-2013, 05:26 PM
A bit gutted that this was my 8 year olds first Hibs match.
At 2-0 he turned to me with hope and asked "Is there another game on after this one dad"?
Still,he did seem to really enjoy the whole experience and was kicking imaginary balls along Albion road.

cocopops1875
12-02-2013, 06:01 PM
At 2-0 he turned to me with hope and asked "Is there another game on after this one dad"?
Still,he did seem to really enjoy the whole experience and was kicking imaginary balls along Albion road.

Its Real life you are teaching him mate :greengrin If he comes back after that he will suffer like the rest of us but god will he love our club.
And maybe one day he will See a 0-7 a 6-2 or a cup win and it will all be worth it :thumbsup:

London Hibs FC
12-02-2013, 06:04 PM
And maybe one day he will See a 0-7 a 6-2 or a cup win and it will all be worth it :thumbsup:

Amen :agree:

JollyGreenGiant
12-02-2013, 06:11 PM
My eldest sons first game was 5-1 v Kilmarnock CIS Cup final :aok:

My youngest sons first game was 5-1 v Yams Scottish Cup final :rolleyes:

Still, I buy them both season tickets and force them along every other week :agree:

heretoday
12-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Don't worry. When my dad started taking me along in 1963 we were bottom of a 20 team league. I was hooked despite it all.

hibsbollah
12-02-2013, 07:59 PM
My 8 year old asked for and got a season ticket under Calderwood. She attended 17 games. We won one.

Larkin springs to mind :boo hoo:

Viva_Palmeiras
12-02-2013, 08:18 PM
My eldest sons first game was 5-1 v Kilmarnock CIS Cup final :aok:

My youngest sons first game was 5-1 v Yams Scottish Cup final :rolleyes:

Still, I buy them both season tickets and force them along every other week :agree:

The ying and the yang that is being a Hibee :)

hihohibby
12-02-2013, 09:34 PM
The saddest bit for me at last nights Saints match was watching a youngish couple take their seats early with their daughter of around 10, high in the Famous 5. They were eager and excited as a wee family for the match to begin. Watching them troop away down the stairs dejected after the Saints third goal (with 32 minutes left) was pitiful. Not long after, a similar situation happened when yet another couple took their son (of approx 7) away. The look on the kids' faces told its own story. How many of these potential future supporters will our club lose before this current malaise of the last 3 to 4 years ends?:ill:

EdinMike
12-02-2013, 09:42 PM
"When I was 5 my daddy..."

Stop that ! Will admit I left at the 3rd goal yesterday. And I did so almost subconsciously. Stood up and before I knew it I was on Albion Rd.

I feel for the younger ones that have have had to come into the Hibernian family in the last few years but I hope they get it. :agree:

Number69
12-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Don't worry. When my dad started taking me along in 1963 we were bottom of a 20 team league. I was hooked despite it all.

Brilliant, but look at what you've seen compared to some so its possible!

Waxy
12-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Well we watched it all.Couldn't teach him to leave early at his first match.
He looked bamboozled as to why people were leaving while the football was still on.

surreyhibbie
12-02-2013, 10:36 PM
My older son's first game was a pre season against East Stirling, may have been league cup.... Anyway we won1-0.

Younger son saw us score 5 against Dunfermline.

Both hooked... :greengrin

My first five games were 0-0.

hibs4thecup1988
12-02-2013, 11:04 PM
My older son's first game was a pre season against East Stirling, may have been league cup.... Anyway we won1-0.

Younger son saw us score 5 against Dunfermline.

Both hooked... :greengrin

My first five games were 0-0.

My young lads first game was Irvine Meadow in the cup. Thought I should break him in gently...that was until they nearly scored after 3 minutes, will NEVER forget that haha.

Last night I took a friends kid along and she was so dejected at all the empty seats, and then at 3-0 laughed when everyone was leaving.

My first game was a 0-0 vs Sheffield Wednesday(I think!!) in a friendly must have been c.1990(anyone got anything on it?) and I stood up cheering when the full time whistle went and firmly got told by my auld man...that was pish now shut up :greengrin

basehibby
13-02-2013, 01:30 AM
I took my wee girl along to her first game a few years back for the now notorious Hibs vs Falkirk/Alan Freedland debacle - a Hibs kids' game between two teams with no bad blood who liked playing football turned into a scrappy battle with one of the most poisonous atmospheres I've ever experienced (all directed against the ridiculous excuse for a ref).

Hibs lost that one and she's been to half a dozen Hibs kids' games since, and in perfect demonstration of Hibs' amazing tendency to **** up against teams they should in theory be beating, one day she asked me "Daddy - why do Hibs never win?" :brickwall

I'll keep on trying and maybe one day she'll experience the joy of a Hibees victory :pray:

Diclonius
13-02-2013, 02:15 AM
I didn't get into football till late - my first game was in 2006. Scottish cup semi-final. We'll say no more.

spike220
13-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Well we watched it all.Couldn't teach him to leave early at his first match.
He looked bamboozled as to why people were leaving while the football was still on.

I am with him, this is sport anything can happen and once in a blue moon it does. Support them to the bitter end. Death or Glory!!!!

hungryhibs
13-02-2013, 10:01 AM
my son is 6 he turned round after the 2nd goal and said we are rubbish there not even interested dad after the 3rd goal he looked at me and said lets go there ***** with a slap across the head a said lets go son worst hibs performance iv saw in a long time

Woody70x2
14-02-2013, 11:49 AM
My lad is 4... soon to be 5... and the wife urges me to take him along to the football. I have not done so to-date... and the reason why is I simply do not wish to subject him to years of misery. Our football is eye bleeding at the moment... how is that going to capture my son's attention?

Future17
14-02-2013, 01:38 PM
I took my wee girl along to her first game a few years back for the now notorious Hibs vs Falkirk/Alan Freedland debacle - a Hibs kids' game between two teams with no bad blood who liked playing football turned into a scrappy battle with one of the most poisonous atmospheres I've ever experienced (all directed against the ridiculous excuse for a ref).

Hibs lost that one and she's been to half a dozen Hibs kids' games since, and in perfect demonstration of Hibs' amazing tendency to **** up against teams they should in theory be beating, one day she asked me "Daddy - why do Hibs never win?" :brickwall

I'll keep on trying and maybe one day she'll experience the joy of a Hibees victory :pray:

I was at that game and couldn't remember the score - it was that type of game I guess. Checked the article online (confirming your memory was accurate) and noted that soon-to-be Hibee Liam Craig was sent off from the subs bench that day for getting involved in the rammy between Brown and O'Donnell (and everyone else) in front of the dugouts.

sleeping giant
14-02-2013, 01:45 PM

:rotflmao::hilarious

Thats a belter :greengrin

I took my laddie to his first game on his 4th Birthday against Aibirdeen at ER in the main stand 9 years ago.
Sure Hibs won 2-1 (Riordan screamer i thnk).

He hated it. He hated the noise , he hated the fact someone was smoking beside him (you could smoke back then).
Went down for a pie at halftime and he refused to go back to his seat. Started crying. I've never felt so guilty in my life.
He just wanted to go home and plays with his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:greengrin

Cue us leaving . I remember walking away from Easter rd and hearing the roar as Pat Stanton was paraded for a presentation.
It was an earie feeling.

One year later he asked for a season ticket and he's now on his 8th year in a row :greengrin

marinello59
14-02-2013, 04:17 PM
I took my wee girl along to her first game a few years back for the now notorious Hibs vs Falkirk/Alan Freedland debacle - a Hibs kids' game between two teams with no bad blood who liked playing football turned into a scrappy battle with one of the most poisonous atmospheres I've ever experienced (all directed against the ridiculous excuse for a ref). Hibs lost that one and she's been to half a dozen Hibs kids' games since, and in perfect demonstration of Hibs' amazing tendency to **** up against teams they should in theory be beating, one day she asked me "Daddy - why do Hibs never win?" :brickwall

That was my wee lads first game at Easter Road. It didn't put him off though, for some reason he loved it.

InterviewLoI
15-02-2013, 11:58 AM
My first Hibs game was home to Dundee united last May.... Have yet to watch us win (Cup Final and THAT Motherwell game)