PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at ourselves

er75
12-02-2013, 10:12 AM
I have logged on this morning to read some complete and utter p****

we have posts calling for Fenlon to go.....the man who has improved our form against our neighbours.....is still undefeated by celtic this season and has us to the quarter finals of the scottish cup

posts about our captain not being good enough.......the same guy who was praised only weeks ago for a solid performance against celtic

and now we are on our stadium announcers back.....the same guy that was praised for creating one of the best atmospheres seen at easter road in years following our win against the yams

yes things aren't how we wanted them to be or how we started out at the beggining of the season but what do you expect.....numbers at the games are at an all time low....which obviously contributes to the low spending on our playing field

the atmosphere at the stadium is horrific.....that will have a huge bearing on how the players react....

we support one of the best run clubs in the spl.....we are lucky that we do not have the financial difficulties as our neighbours or that of motherwell killie and need a say it....but the gers

We still have every chance of finishing second.....every chance of reaching a cup final....and everychance of european football next season......

GGTH :flag::greengrin:cb

Keith_M
12-02-2013, 10:21 AM
I have logged on this morning to read some complete and utter p**** from what I once regarded as a forum full of hibs enthusiasts and people who know what's what when it comes to our beloved club however.....

I thought that was the norm for hibs.net :greengrin

instead we have posts calling for Fenlon to go.....the man who has improved our form against our neighbours.....is still undefeated by celtic this season and has us to the quarter finals of the scottish cup

I'm not sure about the Fenlon must go (wasn't that a humorous thread?) but the other parts are selective. Undefeated against Celtc and Hearts is very good but must surely be balanced against the results against Dundee, Ross County, St Johnstone, et al.

posts about our captain not being good enough.......the same guy who was praised only weeks ago for a solid performance against celtic

Not necessarily by the same people, though.

and now we are on our stadium announcers back.....the same guy that was praised for creating one of the best atmospheres seen at easter road in years following our win against the yams

I get what you're saying, cos it is stupid, but it's actually a different guy, as the one you mean has retired :wink:

We still have every chance of finishing second.....every chance of reaching a cup final....and everychance of european football next season......

I admire your enthusiasm but we have just as much chance of finishing 11th and being pumped out the Cup in the Quarter Finals. I think that's the point that a lot of people have made, we shouldn't selectively pick parts of the season as evidence of improvement and just ignore the rest.

Strange as it may seem, I'm all in favour of Fenlon being given more time but I hate when people just write off people's views/concerns just because it doesn't match theirs.

Matty_Jack04
12-02-2013, 10:23 AM
I have logged on this morning to read some complete and utter p**** from what I once regarded as a forum full of hibs enthusiasts and people who know what's what when it comes to our beloved club however.....

instead we have posts calling for Fenlon to go.....the man who has improved our form against our neighbours.....is still undefeated by celtic this season and has us to the quarter finals of the scottish cup

yes things aren't how we wanted them to be or how we started out at the beggining of the season but what do you expect.....numbers at the games are at an all time low....which obviously contributes to the low spending on our playing field

the atmosphere at the stadium is horrific.....that will have a huge bearing on how the players react....

we support one of the best run clubs in the spl.....we are lucky that we do not have the financial difficulties as our neighbours or that of motherwell killie and need a say it....but the gers

Not for the first time we have been out played out fought and well and truly found out by a club with half the fan base and half the spending power of ourselves, we're not a well run club the 5 managers in 3 years stat proves that, the accounts are pretty and so is the stadium and training centre it ends there.
yes we have improved...so far but we are in real danger of the erse falling out the season and people are quite rightly worried about it, we have far too many under performing players at the moment and we are looking more and more like last years team with the same issues (no wide men, no threat from midfield, strikers goals drying up, poor defending)

i hope like yourself we get back on track and make a push for the final and 2nd place but you can't expect people to ignore the obvious, it's not looking likely and there looks to be problems either in the squad, fitness wise or confidence because they've been awful for months...hard but true.

er75
12-02-2013, 10:30 AM
I thought that was the norm for hibs.net :greengrin

I get what you're saying, cos it is stupid, but it's actually a different guy, as the one you mean has retired :wink:

its the same guy buddy

i was going off on a rant this morning lol

Steve20
12-02-2013, 10:36 AM

I suppose you're right. I mean with Inverness, Motherwell and St Johnstone all having far bigger crowds than us. :rolleyes: