PDA

View Full Version : Playing music after the goal.

Cabbage East
12-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Yes we have bigger things to worry about but this is an absolute nonsense. We are not Livingston or some daft little club that needs to engineer an atmosphere. Having some daft song that has nothing to do with Hibs blasted at us after a consolation is a total shambles. I hope never to hear this at ER again.

Alfred E Newman
12-02-2013, 06:42 AM
Yes we have bigger things to worry about but this is an absolute nonsense. We are not Livingston or some daft little club that needs to engineer an atmosphere. Having some daft song that has nothing to do with Hibs blasted at us after a consolation is a total shambles. I hope never to hear this at ER again.

It was embarrassing.

Zazu62
12-02-2013, 07:15 AM
What was the song?

Pete
12-02-2013, 07:29 AM

Agree. It sounds mince and there's no need.

It works during big games at Hampden but other than that...

happiehibbie
12-02-2013, 08:26 AM
The guy has a job to do FFS and his job is to let people enjoy the MATCH DAY EXPERIANCE we need atmosphere in a bottle at the moment every ground plays music after a goal in fact every sport apart from cricket i think

come on guys yes

yes it was crap last night but give the guy a break put your disapointment in another direction

s.a.m
12-02-2013, 08:52 AM
The guy has a job to do FFS and his job is to let people enjoy the MATCH DAY EXPERIANCE we need atmosphere in a bottle at the moment every ground plays music after a goal in fact every sport apart from cricket i think

come on guys yes

yes it was crap last night but give the guy a break put your disapointment in another direction

If we'd won 10 - 0 last night, I would still have been p****d off about the goal music. It's artificial and unnecessary.

So there.:na na:

Brebners Bookie
12-02-2013, 08:54 AM

come on guys yes

Nope. Sounds dire and would noise me up even if it was the proclaimers or something never mind whatever pish was blared out yesterday.

cabbageandribs1875
12-02-2013, 09:01 AM
i mentioned the pre-match music before the cup game with aberdeen, it was utterly ****** p@sh

happiehibbie
12-02-2013, 09:44 AM
I find this unbelivable

we nust be the only fans that think we can build an atmosphere

the place is empty FFS

I give up i feel for the guy and the hibs media team with comments like this

one min we up in arms aout the guy playing the tax man the next he is a numpty for playing music Just doing his job !!

my pet hate was he did not mention who scored the St johnstones goals Now thats bad as I said he is there to do a job

his timing could better but an sure he will improve not like our team

er75
12-02-2013, 10:37 AM
can't believe I am reading this today. Is this really what we have stooped to? Its pathetic!!

The guy is interacting with fans and if you took two seconds to look at twitter you would see that the requests for goal music is coming from our own fans!!!

One defeat and we look to blame an announcer....its getting worse

danhibees1875
12-02-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm all for goal music, it doesn't bother me. I don't think a goal to make it 1-3 deserved it though...

er75
12-02-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm all for goal music, it doesn't bother me. I don't think a goal to make it 1-3 deserved it though...

agree he shouldnt have played it was a little bit like rubbing salt into the wound but I suppose if we had fans that turned out in numbers and created the atmosphere he wouldnt need to try cover up the horrendous atmosphere at easter road

danhibees1875
12-02-2013, 11:06 AM
agree he shouldnt have played it was a little bit like rubbing salt into the wound but I suppose if we had fans that turned out in numbers and created the atmosphere he wouldnt need to try cover up the horrendous atmosphere at easter road

I thought the atmosphere was okay at the start, for a short time after the pen save and just after our goal. I think this highlights that it does depend a lot on what's going on the pitch to dictate how the fans react.

3 points against St. Mirren and all shall be rosey again. :wink:

Treadstone
12-02-2013, 11:08 AM

Works two ways though. Players need to do something to gee up the fans too. Bens penalty save gave the whole stadium a lift immediately after it. I was looking for a response until half time and we barely made a pass never mind a chance.

er75
12-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Works two ways though. Players need to do something to gee up the fans too. Bens penalty save gave the whole stadium a lift immediately after it. I was looking for a response until half time and we barely made a pass never mind a chance.

i think looking at last night....the team were horrific.....but we can't start digging at bloody music as the blame.

3 points next week and we will be on the up again ha

1875HFC
12-02-2013, 11:28 AM
What song was it?

s.a.m
12-02-2013, 11:32 AM
i think looking at last night....the team were horrific.....but we can't start digging at bloody music as the blame.

3 points next week and we will be on the up again ha

I don't think anyone is blaming the music for our ineptitude. People are just saying that they don't like goals being accompanied by music. Some people like that kind of thing, some people recognise it for the abomination that it is.:wink:

er75
12-02-2013, 11:34 AM
agreed with above

the song last night was absolutely pish however thats not the point

Baldy Foghorn
12-02-2013, 11:48 AM
I actually never even noticed the song being played after the goal, either I am going deaf, or was so excited thinking of a 10 minute cavalry charge occurring.......:greengrin

Not a fan of playing music after goals though.....

Hermit Crab
12-02-2013, 12:27 PM
I actually never even noticed the song being played after the goal, either I am going deaf, or was so excited thinking of a 10 minute cavalry charge occurring.......:greengrin

This. I wouldn't have it either mate.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2013, 01:56 PM

Is that not exactly what SECT 43 try to do..................failed miserably last night mind.

SaulGoodman
12-02-2013, 02:20 PM
What song was it?

Avicii, I think.. :greengrin

basehibby
12-02-2013, 03:10 PM
I am not a fan of this at all - doesn't matter if it's at ER, Hamden, Celtic Park or Ochilview - it still sounds like a load of contrived pish and does nothing but DROWNS OUT the real atmosphere created by fans celebrating a goal.

Can't stand it - GET F'IN RID!!!

LancashireHibby
12-02-2013, 04:32 PM

Same here on both counts.