PDA

View Full Version : Announcer(s)

Hibby70
11-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Two points.
1. Can you please not play 2 minutes of some rubbishy song if we score a consolation goal.
2. 4 minutes injury time, Lets get behind the team.....aye right
3. Is the guy that reads out the banning order bit the same guy that does the voice of he judge in he opening credits of Porridge?

Sir David Gray
11-02-2013, 09:54 PM
He also announced that St Johnstone's substitute goalkeeper was coming on right at the end. :confused:

Gatecrasher
11-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Two points.
1. Can you please not play 2 minutes of some rubbishy song if we score a consolation goal.
3. Is the guy that reads out the banning order bit the same guy that does the voice of he judge in he opening credits of Porridge?
Agreed, send them to @hibsannouncer on twitter

Hiber-nation
11-02-2013, 09:57 PM
He also announced that St Johnstone's substitute goalkeeper was coming on right at the end. :confused:

And managed not to be able to read out the teams or St J's goalscorers and also read Cairney's number as 16. Where do we get them?

Hibby70
11-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Agreed, send them to @hibsannouncer on twitter
I don't do twitter, can someone get Leigh to do it.

Seekyit
11-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Two points.

That was really bad...

Speedy
11-02-2013, 10:04 PM
And managed not to be able to read out the teams or St J's goalscorers and also read Cairney's number as 16. Where do we get them?

There seemed to be a big mix up with the boards when cairney and claros came on.

At one point 2 was coming off then 18 was coming on.

Borderhibbie76
11-02-2013, 10:19 PM
We have the worst announcer in spl, almost as laughable as the performance tonight!!

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 10:35 PM
We had a decent enough announcer before him. Clearly Rodders was looking to cut corners when he sacked the last guy for no real reason. :greengrin

matty_f
11-02-2013, 10:47 PM
It would be good if he stopped the music before the game started as well.

Hibby70
11-02-2013, 10:51 PM
It would be good if he stopped the music before the game started as well.

If only he could stop the game before the music started.

Greenblood70
11-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Agreed, the music after scoring a goal is cringeworthy, americanised *****.

CB_NO3
11-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Always get the scores wrong too.

Hiber-nation
11-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Always get the scores wrong too.

Is that the same guy that sometimes makes a chorus and verse of reading the HT scores? I thought it was a different bloke but maybe not. Its not exactly rocket science...read scores out, identify names and numbers of players, don't play daft music after a consolation goal.

er75
12-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Two points.

I am going to jump to the defense of our announcer! For years we have had a dull unenthusiastic voice at Easter Road....and now you're moaning about bloody goal music which btw is played by four other teams in the spl.....

We were all on here singing his praises after wins over the yams and the tims yet the minute we are defeated we have the worst announcer in the spl.....its laughable

I have watched with interest as the announcer twitter campaign was launched and knew it would back fire and was a bad move by the club..... as it would expose the announcer to criticism such as this....If you have a look at it.....he is simply playing requests asked for by us the supporters.....through the @announce campaign launched with a view to getting us - the fans back intouch with our match days

now...i seen the fourth official make a noel hunt of it when the substitution errors were made.....the wrong number went up three times....my understanding is that the control room is over in the south stand....they have no contact with officials....

we have never announced the opposing team scoring.....we are the first team in the spl to have a say in what happens on match day so instead of slating the club and our new announcer who I am sure will be reading this.......and help improve it with contributing he has a job to do and is under instruction of the club....

I personally think he is doing a sterling job and I really hope is not on reading the p*sh like this!

happiehibbie
12-02-2013, 10:09 AM
I agree with the post above we seem to have 300 fans wanting to decise what goes on at ER

its about the matchday experiance

i have noticed several things TBH

1 he needs to tell us who scores home or away team
2 his timing needs to improve with the build up to kick off
3 he is on strick instructions from our media team
4 he is to far away from what is going on

The main thing is we got beat its not the guys fault

er75
12-02-2013, 10:19 AM
I agree with the post above we seem to have 300 fans wanting to decise what goes on at ER

its about the matchday experiance

i have noticed several things TBH

1 he needs to tell us who scores home or away team
2 his timing needs to improve with the build up to kick off
3 he is on strick instructions from our media team
4 he is to far away from what is going on

The main thing is we got beat its not the guys fault

We have never announced opposing team goals matey. I think it must be a stance from the club however I could be wrong.

I mention the attendance factor....it must very diofficuilt to create an atmosphere in a stadium that is bairly even half full.....or he fact that no one is in the standium early enough

maybe if there was more pre match entertainment then it would help the whole situation.

We have a chance to shape the sound of the stadium.....no other club in the spl has that.....and if things like this continue the club will pull it!

Keith_M
12-02-2013, 10:24 AM
:faf:

happiehibbie
12-02-2013, 10:42 AM
We have never announced opposing team goals matey. I think it must be a stance from the club however I could be wrong.

I mention the attendance factor....it must very diofficuilt to create an atmosphere in a stadium that is bairly even half full.....or he fact that no one is in the standium early enough

maybe if there was more pre match entertainment then it would help the whole situation.

We have a chance to shape the sound of the stadium.....no other club in the spl has that.....and if things like this continue the club will pull it!

I love the MATEY comment

er75
12-02-2013, 10:53 AM
I love the MATEY comment

haha :cb

Diclonius
12-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Why don't we announce opposition goals? Not a complaint or anything, just wondering.

HibeeMG
12-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Why don't we announce opposition goals? Not a complaint or anything, just wondering.

Maybe we're not acknowledging that they happened. :3wise smi

Greenblood70
12-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I am going to jump to the defense of our announcer! For years we have had a dull unenthusiastic voice at Easter Road....and now you're moaning about bloody goal music which btw is played by four other teams in the spl.....

We were all on here singing his praises after wins over the yams and the tims yet the minute we are defeated we have the worst announcer in the spl.....its laughable

I have watched with interest as the announcer twitter campaign was launched and knew it would back fire and was a bad move by the club..... as it would expose the announcer to criticism such as this....If you have a look at it.....he is simply playing requests asked for by us the supporters.....through the @announce campaign launched with a view to getting us - the fans back intouch with our match days

now...i seen the fourth official make a noel hunt of it when the substitution errors were made.....the wrong number went up three times....my understanding is that the control room is over in the south stand....they have no contact with officials....

we have never announced the opposing team scoring.....we are the first team in the spl to have a say in what happens on match day so instead of slating the club and our new announcer who I am sure will be reading this.......and help improve it with contributing he has a job to do and is under instruction of the club....

I personally think he is doing a sterling job and I really hope is not on reading the p*sh like this!

Other than the music after a goal I've no real complaints with the DJ /Announcer. I want to hear the stadium celebrating a Hibs goal (they're rare enough as it is) not Calvin Harris blaring out the speakers as happened against Aberdeen. Most fans round me seemed equally non plussed by the music after the goal although I accept we could be in a curmudgeonly minority.

You seem to now quite a bit about the DJ/Announcing at ER, was this something that was requested by fans in connection with improving the atmoshpere?

Swedish hibee
12-02-2013, 01:37 PM
I like music after a goal is scored.. Each to their own but Thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

basehibby
12-02-2013, 01:54 PM
I like music after a goal is scored.. Each to their own but Thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

I personally cannot stand the crappy wee bits of music after a goal is scored - corny in the extreme - what's wrong with the noise of the crowd cheering FFS?!?

As for the announcer last night - I've no problem with him trying to help get the crowd up at appropriate moments, but WTF was he playing at at the start of the second half??? The Hibs players were obviously dying to get on with it, but the ref refused to start until the muppet DJ had played Glory to The Hibees to it's bitter fusty cobweb infested end! (I appreciate this song is part of our history/culture but with it's pensionably pedestrian pace and mawkish sentimentality for an age long gone by it is hardly the stuff that's going to put fire in the bellies of either the players on the pitch or the fans in the stands).

I dunno what he was trying to achieve, but embarassment was what I felt at this idiot who seemed to think his agenda was more important than what was going on on the field of play :grr:

PS - bring back the "Tax Man" DJ - someone who at least seemed to have a bit of humour as well as a handle on what the fans really want to hear.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2013, 02:00 PM
I personally cannot stand the crappy wee bits of music after a goal is scored - corny in the extreme - what's wrong with the noise of the crowd cheering FFS?!?

As for the announcer last night - I've no problem with him trying to help get the crowd up at appropriate moments, but WTF was he playing at at the start of the second half??? The Hibs players were obviously dying to get on with it, but the ref refused to start until the muppet DJ had played Glory to The Hibees to it's bitter fusty cobweb infested end! (I appreciate this song is part of our history/culture but with it's pensionably pedestrian pace and mawkish sentimentality for an age long gone by it is hardly the stuff that's going to put fire in the bellies of either the players on the pitch or the fans in the stands).

I dunno what he was trying to achieve, but embarassment was what I felt at this idiot who seemed to think his agenda was more important than what was going on on the field of play :grr:

PS - bring back the "Tax Man" DJ - someone who at least seemed to have a bit of humour as well as a handle on what the fans really want to hear.

:faf: You mean when he was waiting for the signal fron ESPN that it was okay to start the second half.

basehibby
12-02-2013, 02:18 PM
:faf: You mean when he was waiting for the signal fron ESPN that it was okay to start the second half.

:embarrass Is THAT what it was all about?!? Ach well, I stand corrected. But my comments still stand about

1) Crapness of music played after a goal

2) Inappropriateness of GGTTH (cobwebbed 1930s version) for getting the crowd and players geed up

Hibby70
12-02-2013, 05:18 PM

Calm down dear.
I made two points about the timing and length of the song and shout. If he is reading this and finds that upsetting then he's a bit too thin skinned and maybe needs to think about the game a bit more when deciding what to do. (Similar to screaming out that Hearts got beat after we had a crap result like that was our main goal).

My third point was probably a recording and in no way should be seen as having a go at Ronnie Barker just in case any of his relatives are reading.

3pm
12-02-2013, 09:43 PM
We played music when it was raining goals during the 6-2.

Glory Lurker
12-02-2013, 09:55 PM
I don't mind our boy.

I noticed an announcer at the start of a game on MOTD the other week telling the fans the names of the two teams that were playing as they came on to the field. That takes some beating.

FranckSuzy
12-02-2013, 10:02 PM
I hope he learns how to pronounce Jorge correctly :wink:

.Sean.
12-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Did the old announcer (Gavin ?) not do a home game recently or am I imagining this?