PDA

View Full Version : attracting fans back to ER?

erskine-hibby
11-02-2013, 10:44 PM
There was more entertainment at a funeral than there was at ER tonight. How the hell can the club expect fans to return to watch that rubbish on a regular basis?? This is not just a knee jerk reaction, we have been poor most, if not all of the season. We are, as some others have said, a 1 trick pony. If LG doesn't perform then we are ******. Oh for someone who can actually put a foot on the ball and actually attack teams. This long ball sh*t is desperate and needs addressed or even more fans will desert.

down-the-slope
11-02-2013, 10:50 PM
We need a quick turn around in fortunes and a win anyhow in cup or ST sales for next season - which won't be long in being released - are going to be harder to sell than processed meals :rolleyes:

andy1875
11-02-2013, 10:59 PM
I've been asking myself the same question the last few weeks. Ive tried to get along to every home game this season out of a devotion and love for the club. Me and the boys at the game tonight all agreed that's obviously what keeps you going to watch Hibs. It certainly aint down to good football! Since the Mowbray era it's becoming harder and harder to get people along. I know a lot of good Hibbys who just don't go anymore. Sadly I reckon everyone has pals like this!

I dread to think what the crowds are going to be like next year if this form continues into May.

Keeping my fingers crossed Paddy sorts this. I still think he will.

GGTTH

SouthamptonHibs
11-02-2013, 11:17 PM
I think we need another cup final offer, purchase season ticket to guarantee a final ticket hail hail. Or we could try and sign some real quality forward thinking players, unfortunately I can't see the latter happening

erskine-hibby
11-02-2013, 11:20 PM
I think we need another cup final offer, purchase season ticket to guarantee a final ticket hail hail. Or we could try and sign some real quality forward thinking players, unfortunately I can't see the latter happening

Can you see the former happening??

Hibby70
11-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Remember the half time entertainment where a punter tried to win a car by hitting a ball into the boot? Bring it back but make it a players car, let them walk home - lazy gits.

SouthamptonHibs
11-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Im just hopeful mate that it's our year for the cup, even getting to the final will help the club funds, think we will toil to hit the 7mil turnover of we don't get to the final.

Hibby70
11-02-2013, 11:27 PM
I reckon if we take every tie to a penalty shoot out we'll win the thing.

Brightside
11-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Remember the half time entertainment where a punter tried to win a car by hitting a ball into the boot? Bring it back but make it a players car, let them walk home - lazy gits.

Or win a big mac meal.

hihohibby
11-02-2013, 11:35 PM
I gave up getting a season ticket a few seasons ago, and now only attend the odd game for financial, but mostly for lack of entertainment reasons. Tonight was one of those "odd" games..and once again, the only satisfaction I got was in knowing that I could walk away, safe that I would not be compelled to return because I purchased a season ticket. Tonight was as bad as anything Hibs have served up these last few seasons.

erskine-hibby
11-02-2013, 11:38 PM
I gave up getting a season ticket a few seasons ago, and now only attend the odd game for financial, but mostly for lack of entertainment reasons. Tonight was one of those "odd" games..and once again, the only satisfaction I got was in knowing that I could walk away, safe that I would not be compelled to return because I purchased a season ticket. Tonight was as bad as anything Hibs served up these last few seasons.

Sad, but TOTALLY understandable.

hihohibby
11-02-2013, 11:40 PM
I gave up getting a season ticket a few seasons ago, and now only attend the odd game for financial, but mostly for lack of entertainment reasons. Tonight was one of those "odd" games..and once again, the only satisfaction I got was in knowing that I could walk away, safe that I would not be compelled to return because I purchased a season ticket. Tonight was as bad as anything Hibs have served up these last few seasons.

gegs70
11-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Ive felt a wee bit conned at er, I want to be entertained....but that was nothing more than playing the ball side ti side then back to the keeper a whooosh the ball up the park! Not worth my time and 22quid. Sorry if thats whats on offer I wont re-new my season ticket its not worth it, just wait and see who they bring in and if its any good buy a half season book no point in paying up front for pish anymore we have done it for the last few seasons!!

BoltonHibee
12-02-2013, 12:04 AM
I knew I had little chance of making many games this season due to other commitments, but bought a season ticket nonetheless. I have been to 1 game this season, but have seen plenty more on TV and internet streams.

The football is dire. I have had the opportunity to attend more but could not face the travel and the ***** fare on display!

I will not be getting another season ticket, and cannot envisage the next time I will want to go and watch Hibs.

This football is garbage and fair play to those that make the effort, but its not for me anymore

erskine-hibby
12-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Ive felt a wee bit conned at er, I want to be entertained....but that was nothing more than playing the ball side ti side then back to the keeper a whooosh the ball up the park! Not worth my time and 22quid. Sorry if thats whats on offer I wont re-new my season ticket its not worth it, just wait and see who they bring in and if its any good buy a half season book no point in paying up front for pish anymore we have done it for the last few seasons!!

This is what I fear. A lack of vision will cost the club dearly in the end.

gegs70
12-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Its like cost cutting/down sizing but charging the punter the same money!! Unfortunately my wife lost her job and money is more than a little tight I doubt we will be able to afford a seasin ticket next year and to be honest Im not sure we enjoyed it....hard as it is to admit nothing there today that made me think we have turned a corner!!! We should be better than Ict, Ross CountySt Johnstone....surely we canpay better wages attract better players, and yet they have brought in better players and seem to have a better youth policy.....what the hell are we doing wron:confused:g!!!!!:confused:

TrickyNicky
12-02-2013, 03:56 AM
Its like cost cutting/down sizing but charging the punter the same money!! Unfortunately my wife lost her job and money is more than a little tight I doubt we will be able to afford a seasin ticket next year and to be honest Im not sure we enjoyed it....hard as it is to admit nothing there today that made me think we have turned a corner!!! We should be better than Ict, Ross CountySt Johnstone....surely we canpay better wages attract better players, and yet they have brought in better players and seem to have a better youth policy.....what the hell are we doing wron:confused:g!!!!!:confused:

I don't think they have better players - they just have a " BOSS " who controls everything - all good teams have one and we haven't had one for yonks!

Davidson tore us a new one tonight and made everyone on his team look like Pele.

We don't have one and everyone looked like... well...Doyle, Maybury and Deegan.

Beefster
12-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Never mind the football, my steak pie was ****ing cold.

down-the-slope
12-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Never mind the football, my steak pie was ****ing cold.

Having seen the team Horse'd it may be that your 'steak' was in fact ...well cold Horse....Mr Horseter :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
12-02-2013, 09:34 AM
The date and time of the game was pish for a start, that alone would have accounted for at least 1000 hibbies missing last night.

Houchy
12-02-2013, 01:06 PM
The date and time of the game was pish for a start, that alone would have accounted for at least 1000 hibbies missing last night.

I totally agree with this. I practically had to be dragged along tonight and really didn't want to be there when I got there. There's just no fun going to the football midweek. It's bad enough at the weekend these days but I'm finished with midweek games despite being a season ticket holder.

gegs70
12-02-2013, 11:45 PM
It really discounts anyone traveling from any distance too. However I was looking forward to the game.....pity really....I couldnt take many positives from the game apart from williams penalty save.