PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Hibs90
11-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Williams - 6 - Good pen save, shocking at the first goal.

Maybury - 4 - Vine took the piss all night
McPake - 4 - Shocking from the 'captain'
Hanlon - 5 - Average
McGirven - 5 - Average

Robertson - 4 - Honking
Done - 5 - Average
Deegan - 4 -
Stevenson - 4 -

Doyle - 3 - First touch of a donkey
Griffiths 6 - Tried, but with no proper support or service what is he meant to do?

Claros - 4 - Should have started IMO. Murray Davidson and friends bossed the midfield
Handling - 3 - Nothing of note
Cairney - 4 - An improvement but still rubbish

Fenlon - 1 - Why change a winning team? Balance was wrong, tactics were shocking (pass sideways and backwards x10 then hoof forward), subs were baffling. Very poor

SneakersO'Toole
11-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Pass marks to Griffiths for goal and workrate and the same to Williams for pen save.

The rest were honking. Absolutely dreadful each of them to man.

Doyle in particular was exceedingly woeful. Please release at the end of the season.

Robertson - has there been a worse home debut in the last 10years. Absolutely anonymous.

Pretty Boy
11-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Give Williams 5 for the penalty save, Done 4 for trying to run at players a few times.

The rest barely deserve a mark between them.

neil7908
11-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Only players getting even close to pass mark for me were Williamson, Claros and maybe Done and Griffiths. Done looked decent but hardly set the game alight. Leigh did absolutely nothing and I was getting frustrated at him until he popped up with that goal.

The rest were poor, particularly the midfield and full backs who offered nothing going forward and got rolled over everytime St Johnstone went forward.

I like Doyle but I feel that he is not a good partner for Leigh and doesn't have a chance of doing anything positive with the brand of football we're playing at the moment.

Dislike saying this but maybe a 4-5-1 is the way to go. Its going to make for some eye bleeding stuff I think rather see us grind out draws or 1-0 wins than watch that kind of performance again.

erskine-hibby
11-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Why Fenlon sticks with Doyle is beyond me. A total waste of space.

Fergos
11-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Worst defensive display for ages. McGiverns distribution woeful, Maybury slow and ball watching. McPake not playing Captain.

Another middle 4 with no pace or creativity going forward. To be fair thought Deegs did OK up until 1st goal, Robertson should have been the first sub. Louis off pace tonight, Done the pick for me. Mid outfought after 1st goal went in with Davidson bossing it or them.

Front 2 poor with Doyle particularly bad.

Wierd Subs made little or no impact. Jorge getting diddled for Creggs run and goal and Cairney still managing to find his recent poor form.

A night to forget.

DaveF
11-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Pass marks to Griffiths for goal and workrate and the same to Williams for pen save.

The rest were honking. Absolutely dreadful each of them to man.

Doyle in particular was exceedingly woeful. Please release at the end of the season.

Robertson - has there been a worse home debut in the last 10years. Absolutely anonymous.

Agree with that, only to add that Done tried and showed some fight.

Fenlon gets a big fat 0. Staggeringly inept and needs to boot himself up the arse, followed by a boot up the arse for the entire squad.

HibeeN
11-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I thought Done showed promise considering it was his first 90 minutes and the fact that he kept switching from the left to the right (which he was clearly less comfortable with). And he's not static either - when he releases the ball at least he tries to find space rather than just stand there which so many of our players seem to do. If he gets more game time I'd expect to see his link-up play improve - it was just a shame that when he did manage to get the ball in the box, there was nobody interested in getting on the end of it.

hibsbollah
11-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Williams 8

Maybury 4 Beaten by Vine again and again
Hanlon 5
McPake 5
McGivern 4 the worst ive seen him play

Done 7 i like the look of him.
Deegan 5 the usual. Great without possession, poor with it.
Robertson 5
Stevenson 4 His worst game for ages. Note For Pat: Lewis is NOT a right winger.

Doyle 3 woeful in the air, but to be fair we all know this so why launch all these balls at his heid?
Griffiths 4

Jonnyboy
11-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Williams 8

Maybury 4 Beaten by Vine again and again
Hanlon 5
McPake 5
McGivern 4 the worst ive seen him play

Done 7 i like the look of him.
Deegan 5 the usual. Great without possession, poor with it.
Robertson 5
Stevenson 4 His worst game for ages. Note For Pat: Lewis is NOT a right winger, or a right back

Doyle 3 woeful in the air, but to be fair we all know this so why launch all these balls at his heid?
Griffiths 4

Fixed that for you Mr bollah :thumbsup:

Speedy
11-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Fixed that for you Mr bollah :thumbsup:

Decent call to put him on the right, he provided better cover for Maybury who was ripped apart by Vine.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Pass marks for Sparky and Ben. The others don't get into double figures all added together. How nine bodies can disappear from sight on an open field in full view of 8000 people would even stump David Blaine.

hihohibby
11-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Williams - 7 Saved another penalty but suffered little protection from his back line

Maybury - 2 Torn to pieces time and again
McPake - 3 No leading by example by our captain..a poor performance
Hanlon - 3 Why did he insist on stray passes time and again to the Saints
McGivern -4 He at least looked a little more hungry than his fellow defenders

Robertson - 2 Embarrassing home debut...to say he was low key would be an understatement
Done - 3 anonymous
Deegan - 3 same as Done
Stevenson - 3 same as Done

Doyle - 3 Sunday league performance
Griffiths - 6 Persistant, niggly performance, rewarded by another goal

HibeeN
11-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Done - 3 anonymous

:confused: He was our only attacking threat. Managed to get a couple of balls into the box too, not his fault that nobody was getting forward to support him. I'm not saying he was fantastic, but he at least showed signs of being a decent player.

Sir David Gray
11-02-2013, 10:31 PM
I thought Done was our best player tonight, although that really is no badge of honour given how bad we were. He at least tried to show some urgency in attacking positions by taking on the defender and trying to whip in some crosses.

I would also give pass marks to Williams for his penalty save and Griffiths for his goal.

Other than that we were dreadful.

gegs70
11-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Midfield was shocking!!

Waste of 22quid and time.

Was it players, manager or petries fault?

Oh andan enraged fenlon sugested using young blood in the team? Who and where will they play? Do we have any decent central midfielders in the youth team!!!

erskine-hibby
11-02-2013, 10:49 PM
:confused: He was our only attacking threat. Managed to get a couple of balls into the box too, not his fault that nobody was getting forward to support him. I'm not saying he was fantastic, but he at least showed signs of being a decent player.

Agreed, he at least showed willing. Unlike most others.

Callum_62
11-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Midfield was shocking!!

Oh andan enraged fenlon sugested using young blood in the team? Who and where will they play? Do we have any decent central midfielders in the youth team!!!

Caldwell for Doyle....Handling for any of the starting midfield?

JollyGreenGiant
11-02-2013, 10:57 PM
McPake - has he lost the ability to win a header???

Especially in the opposition box, I watched him at corners/set pieces and he gets nowhere near winning a ball.

RyeDaTyke
11-02-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm glad Done is doing ok, considering the apparent dreadful performance. I didn't realise you were that high in the league, what are your realistic aims? Europa league?

MrRobot
11-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Thought Done was promising. Willing to take a player on. Harsh to criticise Stevenson considering he had to switch from LM to RB?!?!

Williams attempt to save the first was a joke but a cracking penalty save.

Claros was the only real highlight. We were simply awful tonight. Claros was the heads and shoulders above the rest.

gegs70
11-02-2013, 11:25 PM
I thought the way the team re-acted to the 1st goal was poor, williams parried the ball andthe defenders looked frozen to the spot, no closing down the player!! Poor stuff!!

gegs70
11-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Caldwell for Doyle....Handling for any of the starting midfield?

Stanton was only ob a 1 month loan could he make any difference. I saw pat nevin in the famous 5 lower wonder what his thoughts are on the players, fenlon and the club!!

basehibby
12-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Williams - 8 - suspect at one of the goals but yet another pen save as well as keeping the score down gets him my MOM!

Maybury - 3 - seemed to be getting a roasting at RB and justifiably subbed

McPake - 5 - far from a dominant performance in either box

Hanlon - 5 - ditto

McGivern - 4 - stupid challenge to give away the penalty - summed up a game when he too often took the wrong option.

Done - 6 - did get on the ball and run at St Js a bit but no end product of note

Robertson - 5 - looked a decent player but failed to exert any great influence on the game

Deegan - 6 - was perplexed when he was taken off just after HT as he was our best midfielder at that stage IMO

Stevenson - 5 - being kind to him since he spent half the game at RB - frustrated me that even at three goals down he still too often took the easy option of passing backwards

Doyle - 4 - pretty ineffective game although not helped by a referee who allowed defenders to barge straight through the back of him at every turn

Griffiths - 7 - frustrating game for Leigh with little decent service but still managed a good goal and our best efforts in general

Subs -

Claros - 7 - should have been on from the start IMO - picked some good passes and got stuck in - not given the ball enough by a defence too keen to blooter it up the park!

Cairney - 6 - Also wondering why Cairney didn't start (?) we looked better when he came on even if not one of his better performances

Handling - 3 - didn't have much chance to get involved as he joined a team running out of ideas

Manager -
Fenlon - 2 - Failed to get the balance right in the midfield from the start - tried to change things after HT but his sub of Deegan was perplexing and more to the point - didn't work! I've been a big supporter of Pat but this was a poor performance and the buck undoubtably stops at his door

basehibby
12-02-2013, 12:18 AM
I thought the way the team re-acted to the 1st goal was poor, williams parried the ball andthe defenders looked frozen to the spot, no closing down the player!! Poor stuff!!

:agree: Infuriating as they just seemed to switch off

gegs70
12-02-2013, 12:20 AM
I thought robertson was supposed to be a "box to box" player. Maybe he needs time but was disapointed with him today!!

Not sure deegan did enough....if griffiths is suspended or injured Im not sure where the goals will come from....

basehibby
12-02-2013, 12:27 AM
I'm glad Done is doing ok, considering the apparent dreadful performance. I didn't realise you were that high in the league, what are your realistic aims? Europa league?

In theory we should be challenging for second along with just about every other team in the league (8 points between 2nd and 11th!) - on tonight's performance though we will struggle to stay in the top 6 let alone make Europe.

Leishy1995
12-02-2013, 12:50 AM
It is obvious which Hibs players are interested in being put into the shop window.

Done Mcgivern Claros and Griffiths all on loan and all get the best reviews.

truehibernian
12-02-2013, 01:05 AM
It is obvious which Hibs players are interested in being put into the shop window.

Done Mcgivern Claros and Griffiths all on loan and all get the best reviews.

I wouldn't have spent any time whatsoever in getting Claros's deal extended, nor would I have signed Robertson or Done - I'd have used the money from 'tiles', seasons and maybe asked Sir Tom to really 'invest' in potential - Taylor, Carmichael and Wylde - Swanson too - then second would be a real chance - now, in my opinion - Hibs again are bottom 6, 9th or 10th at best - other teams have pace and urgency, we don't. I said at the end of the window we'd missed a trick - posters that criticised me says 'we've signed a winger' - we may have done, but I know for a fact we got none of our targets, which says it all - we picked up strays again. I don't like picking up strays - I like picking up football players. We failed to invest cash in targets so we will reap what we sow - and that's a fact sadly.

TrickyNicky
12-02-2013, 01:23 AM
I wouldn't have spent any time whatsoever in getting Claros's deal extended, nor would I have signed Robertson or Done - I'd have used the money from 'tiles', seasons and maybe asked Sir Tom to really 'invest' in potential - Taylor, Carmichael and Wylde - Swanson too - then second would be a real chance - now, in my opinion - Hibs again are bottom 6, 9th or 10th at best - other teams have pace and urgency, we don't. I said at the end of the window we'd missed a trick - posters that criticised me says 'we've signed a winger' - we may have done, but I know for a fact we got none of our targets, which says it all - we picked up strays again. I don't like picking up strays - I like picking up football players. We failed to invest cash in targets so we will reap what we sow - and that's a fact sadly.

I actually think Fenlon has some decent players as did Calderwood, Yogi and Mixu.

Who was our last proper attacking centre midfielder with talent, brains and character?

They are not cheap and they are hard to find but they are there and we have built teams that have all the correct parts with no-one to truly drive it from the centre.

We have lacked that " special player" for a while - the one who can inspire movement from his teammates, sharp one-two's, put fear into the opposition and give his own team and the fans confidence going forward.

Imagine, Williams, " special player" and Griffiths as the spine of a team.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Claros was the only real highlight. We were simply awful tonight. Claros was the heads and shoulders above the rest.

:confused:

I thought he looked 2 yards slow!