PDA

View Full Version : First goal tonight

Monts
11-02-2013, 09:45 PM
See a lot of blame given to Williams for the first goal. I was right behind the initial shot and it was 'a squiggler''. He did well to parry it at all. The real blame lies with no defender defending in the 18 yard box

R'Albin
11-02-2013, 09:46 PM
He should have done better with it, but I agree. Shocking defending.

soupy
11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
See a lot of blame given to Williams for the first goal. I was right behind the initial shot and it was 'a squiggler''. He did well to parry it at all. The real blame lies with no defender defending in the 18 yard box

I was right behind it also, didny look like a squiggler to me, looked to me like it was straight at him and he should have palmed it over the bar..

Monts
11-02-2013, 09:51 PM
I was right behind it also, didny look like a squiggler to me, looked to me like it was straight at him and he should have palmed it over the bar..

I can assure you it was moving in the air.

hibbymick
11-02-2013, 09:52 PM
I was behind it and it defo was a bit o a squiggler.

soupy
11-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Ok ill believe the two of you then,,,wouldnt be the first time I've been wrong....

PeeJay
11-02-2013, 10:01 PM

It was a difficult shot, but he should surely have parried it away to the side or up and over instead of straight back into the danger area - as bad as it was, it was nothing compared to the shocking defence which left him completely alone!

HibeeN
11-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Think he was initially to blame, maybe could have done better, but the defence has to shoulder most of the responsibility. Very poor that nobody was first to that ball to clear it.

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 10:14 PM
The ball had a lot of zip on it, so it was always going to be difficult for Williams to parry it away cleanly.The space given on the edge of the box was a disgrace.

The St Johnstone player being the first in the box to hit it on the rebound, more or less summed up the difference between us and them.

They were hungry and first to latch onto any free ball anywhere on the park. We looked very clumsy at best.

kentao
11-02-2013, 10:20 PM
The big mans allowed to make a mistake every now and again especially after he has pulled us out the **** so much this season. Real blame lies at the guys who are suppose to be putting the boot in. !st and 2nd goals could have been defended better but this is what happens when the team stand off and don't attack the ball.

GGTTH

silverhibee
11-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Mcgivern could have made a better attempt to try and get to the ball, he had a shocker tonight, lucky to stay on the park by either being subbed or red carded.

hihohibby
11-02-2013, 10:36 PM
It was head shakingly bad and embarrassing to watch so called professionals behaving like Sunday League football bevvy merchants who couldn't be bothered. The goalkeeper instinctively saved the first attempt, but unfortunately for him, his defenders were no where to be seen for the follow up...an easier goal will never be had for the Saints scorer.

EastCalderHibby
11-02-2013, 10:55 PM
see a lot of blame given to williams for the first goal. I was right behind the initial shot and it was 'a squiggler''. He did well to parry it at all. The real blame lies with no defender defending in the 18 yard box

dont blame ben for any of the goals lack of defending by so called ( hard to beat ) defenders

Sir David Gray
11-02-2013, 11:22 PM
I would like to see it again (well I wouldn't actually but you know what I mean!). I thought at the time that he was at fault as I felt he should have palmed it out to the side and away from danger, instead of putting it back into the path of the striker.

However he's been fantastic for us this season and has made another brilliant penalty save so if that's all we have to complain about with him then we're doing well.

madabouthibs
12-02-2013, 12:39 AM
It was a squirmer, I watched it on telly and thought it had actually taken a deflection.
He looked to be going to his right for it, but had to adjust swiftly in order to parry it, looked like it had spun off the defenders foot.

Jones28
12-02-2013, 12:58 AM
The number of times Williams has bailed out the defence with terrific goal keeping over the past few months deserves more than the lack of protection/help he had tonight. Would've been worse if it wasn't for Ben!

gegs70
12-02-2013, 01:06 AM
The defence was rooted to the spot and no one closed the player down. After St Johnstone goal they all just looked at each other....poor body language!!!