PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon and time running out....

JCHibby
11-02-2013, 08:29 PM
4/5 games left, massive change needed, open it up and get this team passing quickly and pushing forward. Dont do that, at your oot on yer erchie, support is turning.

Allant1981
11-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Away and dnt talk rubbish. The team has came on leaps and bounds this season so there is no danger fenlon will be sacked. If you seriously think we are going to play well every week you need to have a look at yourself

Liam89
11-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Paddy fenlons green & white army

JCHibby
11-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Away and dnt talk rubbish. The team has came on leaps and bounds this season so there is no danger fenlon will be sacked. If you seriously think we are going to play well every week you need to have a look at yourself

Tell me the progress, or the last time we played well?

theonlywayisup
4/5 games left, massive change needed, open it up and get this team passing quickly and pushing forward. Dont do that, at your oot on yer erchie, support is turning.

Rubbish! We can't keep sacking managers!

TariqE

It's not about every week. At the moment I'd be delighted with a decent performance once every two or three games. We're looking at one in ten on current form and serious contenders for second bottom.....if we take four our five games at the same performance level as tonight the picture is very bleak.

LeighLoyal
11-02-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm as hacked off as anybody but we need to get behind them and hope the form returns. When ****** like Cregg are putting the ball in the back of your net it can only be attitude and mentality. Sort it oot ffs!

Coco Bryce
11-02-2013, 08:37 PM
We can't keep watching pish!

It's a two way thing...

_hucks_
11-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Theres no denying that we're poor right now, and Fenlon certainly does have to shoulder a portion of the blame for that. We have, however, improved this season on last, and to suggest that he's anywhere near getting his jotters is ludicrous. Sacking managers after every bad run is not the way to go by any means.

alexhibs

Once in a while would be good

CB_NO3
You are aware we are 5 points of second bottom with 2 away games coming up? We have played well once (against Celtic) in about 3 months. Fluked two cup wins with 2 shots on target in 2 games.

Vault Boy
11-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Fenlon has to earn his money in the coming weeks. But the improvement can be seen in the league table, despite a horrendous run of form, we are in the top 6, not second bottom. Paddy has done more than enough to earn more time and allow his team to settle and improve.

adhibs
11-02-2013, 08:41 PM

nonsense. Weve got a better quality of pllayer and were just as bad. playing well every week is too much to ask for but id hope fore more than 1 good performance every few months

Golden Bear
11-02-2013, 08:41 PM

Yes and yes unfortunately. We can only hope that Mr Fenlon might consider his position.

JCHibby
11-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Theres no denying that we're poor right now, and Fenlon certainly does have to shoulder a portion of the blame for that. We have, however, improved this season on last, and to suggest that he's anywhere near getting his jotters is ludicrous. Sacking managers after every bad run is not the way to go by any means.

Correct, it is not just the bad form, it is the application of the team, it's looking at more than just results, I am looking at the performance, how that is being managed and when it isn't our night what we do to change it. That's the biggest issue, performance management!

Speedway
11-02-2013, 08:42 PM

We can if they can't deliver results.

You are aware we are 5 points of second bottom with 2 away games coming up? We have played well once (against Celtic) in about 3 months. Fluked two cup wins with 2 shots on target in 2 games.

11th place have a game in hand on us as well.

adhibs
11-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Fenlon has to earn his money in the coming weeks. But the improvement can be seen in the league table, despite a horrendous run of form, we are in the top 6, not second bottom. Paddy has done more than enough to earn more time and allow his team to settle and improve.

Do you realy think hes capable of improving that team? i dont. Considering how tight the league is i wouldnt read anything into positions, everything can change very quickly. It wont be for the better either

Vault Boy
11-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Do you realy think hes capable of improving that team? i dont. Considering how tight the league is i wouldnt read anything into positions, everything can change very quickly. It wont be for the better either

Yes I do.

theonlywayisup
11-02-2013, 08:47 PM

Well if you are going to make a point, get your facts correct. Against Aberdeen, I recall Deegan's goal and two shots from Griffiths - one a free kick and one a volley, both well saved.

carnoustiehibee
11-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Difference in fenlon compared to calderwood or yogi is I think he's brought in some half decent players, but just can't get the best outa them.

Most worrying thing is the lack of basic football taught at east mains

Hibernia Na Eir
11-02-2013, 08:49 PM
how many rebuilding seasons do hibernian require???

spike220
11-02-2013, 08:50 PM
how many rebuilding seasons do hibernian require???

One and this is it.

GGTTH

Golden Bear
11-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Yes I do.

Fenlon has not got it and that's been evident for a while.

Craig_in_Prague
11-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Fair play to the fans that turn up and pay to see Hibs.
I just dont get worked up anymore about them, we are just awful and seem incapable of utilizing our resources (money, facilities) to get a management team and set of players that can produce reasonably good football. For several years now it seems I see the oppoisition and wonder why we cant play like that.
We have played nice stuff in flashes (months ago) but what they are serving up most weeks is really poor stuff, junior or amateur football aint any worse.
Shambles Fenlon. I have zero confidence in him improving us. Sadly.

Vault Boy
11-02-2013, 08:53 PM

We'll see. Grinding out results against Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts would suggest otherwise. Patience.

ScottB
11-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Ultimately, we've more or less stopped scoring goals, and if it hasn't been for some excellent saves from Williams, we'd probably already be further down the table.

It's all well and good to say that we are 5th, but if this carries on we could well find ourselves down in the depths again.

We have definitely improved this season, however, that improvement feels a long time ago, and with the league so close our early season form will be a faint memory if these sort of performances continue.

Beefster
11-02-2013, 08:57 PM
We'll see. Grinding out results against Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts would suggest otherwise. Patience.

He's great when he can play four defenders and three midfielders in defence. Not so good the rest of the time for the last few months.

jacomo
11-02-2013, 08:57 PM
I just dont get worked up anymore about them, we are just awful and seem incapable of utilizing our resources (money, facilities) to get a management team and set of players that can produce reasonably good football. For several years now it seems I see the oppoisition and wonder why we cant play like that.
We have played nice stuff in flashes (months ago) but what they are serving up most weeks is really poor stuff, junior or amateur football aint any worse.
Shambles Fenlon. I have zero confidence in him improving us. Sadly.

How many games have you seen this season?

If it's as few as me (I don't live in Embra) then I think you need to exercise caution before declaring a 'shambles'.

Hermit Crab
11-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Paddy fenlons green & white army

Where were they tonight then??

Jim44
11-02-2013, 09:00 PM

:agree: Unless we work a miracle in the Cup and or avoid a bottom third finish, I think he'll go.

eastterrace
11-02-2013, 09:00 PM
we just cant keep sacking managers as we would be back to square one, but its worrying how we are on the slide , can fenlon sort it out i would like to think
he can get us few more wins which will probably get us into top six but need to start soon.

Speedy
11-02-2013, 09:01 PM

Exactly...leaps and bounds ahead of last season :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
11-02-2013, 09:02 PM
How many games have you seen this season?

If it's as few as me (I don't live in Embra) then I think you need to exercise caution before declaring a 'shambles'.

Seen plenty of us.
A defeat like this was on the cards for too long, Williams cant keep saving the day.
It would be nigh impossible to not make progress on last year!!

Hoofing the ball to LG, nearly 3 down at HT at home to StJ is not a shambles? Just another off day? Lol

Vault Boy
11-02-2013, 09:03 PM
He's great when he can play four defenders and three midfielders in defence. Not so good the rest of the time for the last few months.

I completely agree, but I truly believe it would be a big mistake making another knee-jerk decision and sacking him. If we get top 6, it's a big improvement and he deserves more time.

Brightside
11-02-2013, 09:06 PM
I'll call it a "shambles" If Doyle doesnt have pictures of Fenlon with a farmyard animal he must be related. Tactically Fenlon appears to have no idea...they are running right through the middle so you take off Deegan and Maybury? Robertson at that point hadnt even attempted a challenge. I would look at giving the young boys a run. Get them all on for the rest of the season. Players that might actually put a shift in.

Vault Boy
11-02-2013, 09:07 PM
http://audioboo.fm/boos/1206536 He's extremely disappointed, it means a lot to him.

Hermit Crab
11-02-2013, 09:09 PM
we just cant keep sacking managers as we would be back to square one, but its worrying how we are on the slide , can fenlon sort it out i would like to think
he can get us few more wins which will probably get us into top six but need to start soon.

No we can't keeping sacking managers but the board needs to keep backing the managers financially.

Beefster
11-02-2013, 09:09 PM
http://audioboo.fm/boos/1206536 He's extremely disappointed, it means a lot to him.

Always blames the players. Never ever admits that his tactics are honking.

Greenblood70
11-02-2013, 09:10 PM
The last time I remember genuinely thinking we'd played some decent stuff was when we beat Dundee Utd at ER in a televised Sunday game earlier in the season.

Of late we seem to put 2 or 3 defensive minded midfield players strung across a narrow, pedestrian midfield that is set out with one objective, stop the opposition scoring. It has "worked" with varying degrees but is rightly imo derided as being awful to watch.

It seems whenever we try and open up a bit the defence (especially the right back position) is ruthlessly exposed and we look like conceding 3 or 4 goals. Without Cairney playing a blinder we lack anyone who can unlock a defence and try to create chances for Leigh. There is little to no movement ahead of the ball resulting in it continually being passed sideways or backwards at walking pace before the inevitable hoof up the park. There is a 20 to 30 yard gap between Sparky and the(seemingly endless) procession of dull, faceless midfielders and we rarely get anyone other than Cairney running beyond him. We must be a dream to defend against. These symptoms of our *****ness have been evident for some time but nothing has been done to address them..other than going back to the turgid, mindnumbing football we witnessed at Tynecastle, Pittodrie and in the cup game against the sheep.

Its not much of a choice tbh...and if its progress I'd question how long people will continue to pay money to watch it...they're drifting away in their thousands as it is..

hibbydog
11-02-2013, 09:11 PM
I completely agree, but I truly believe it would be a big mistake making another knee-jerk decision and sacking him. If we get top 6, it's a big improvement and he deserves more time.

Yep, we've been murder for months now. Sacking another manager would be a big step backwards though. In the last 10 years we've had 7 managers, only one of them (Mowbray) has left the team in a better state than when he found it.

Time for the players to show a bit of desire. The blame lies squarely on their shoulders.

blackpoolhibs
I'll call it a "shambles" If Doyle doesnt have pictures of Fenlon with a farmyard animal he must be related. Tactically Fenlon appears to have no idea...they are running right through the middle so you take off Deegan and Maybury? Robertson at that point hadnt even attempted a challenge. I would look at giving the young boys a run. Get them all on for the rest of the season. Players that might actually put a shift in.

I would have taken Deegan off after 20 minutes, he wanted far too long on the ball and lost it or gave the ball to Hibs players putting them under pressure all first half.

He wants the ball all the time, no bad thing i hear folk say, yet when he gets it he does nothing, slows the game down and most of the time plays a square ball or a ball back the way.

Great goal against the Dons, but in my opinion he's been very poor in general since returning from his injury.

Speedy
No we can't keeping sacking managers but the board needs to keep backing the managers financially.

:confused:

The board seem to be backing PF fairly well this season imo.

Beefster
11-02-2013, 09:14 PM
I would have taken Deegan off after 20 minutes, he wanted far too long on the ball and lost it or gave the ball to Hibs players putting them under pressure all first half.

He wants the ball all the time, no bad thing i hear folk say, yet when he gets it he does nothing, slows the game down and most of the time plays a square ball or a ball back the way.

Great goal against the Dons, but in my opinion he's been very poor in general since returning from his injury.

Agreed. Deegan is part of the problem IMHO. Contributes hugely to our lack of pace, urgency and cutting edge.

Vault Boy
11-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Always blames the players. Never ever admits that his tactics are honking.

He uses 'we' a lot and has said a number of time that 'we' includes himself and anyone else involved in the first team performance. 2/3 of the goals today were due to individual errors, so he wouldn't be entirely wrong to blame them if he was, would he?

inglisavhibs
11-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Seriously, when was the last time we played well! I admire your optomistic attitude but it's misplaced. We have been dreadful for a long while now.

kentao
11-02-2013, 09:17 PM
I had great faith in Pat and thought he was the man for the job at the start of the season, we were playing some decent stuff, getting forward creating chances and having a go at teams. Recently i am starting to have my doubts the football on offer is dire, we are far too negative. We cant keep the ball on the deck or pass the ball forward to a team mate, were not creating anything at the business end and hoofball makes the eyes bleed.

I really want Pat to be the man as i feel he has a great ability to find a few gems but time is running out. Hes brought his own squad of players in and backroom staff so its time to do the talking on the pitch.

Please prove me wrong.

GGTTH

Beefster
11-02-2013, 09:18 PM
He uses 'we' a lot and has said a number of time that 'we' includes himself and anyone else involved in the first team performance. 2/3 of the goals today were due to individual errors, so he wouldn't be entirely wrong to blame them if he was, would he?

Individual errors are fine but it was his tactics that contributed to our lack of threat. I'm not sure how many times he needs to watch us struggle to score before he does something meaningful about it.

Cropley10
Funny thing is I don't think the team's a million miles away. Yogi and CC bought some shocking players, but even though we're still short on creativity and width and we're too slow and obvious, we could improve things without wholesale changes being required.

As others have said, you watch other teams and think why can't we play like that...

Brightside
Robertson is one of the skinniest footballers ive seen in my life. Does anybody actually watch these boys play football before we sign them.

Emerald
11-02-2013, 09:20 PM
The last time I remember genuinely thinking we'd played some decent stuff was when we beat Dundee Utd at ER in a televised Sunday game earlier in the season.

Of late we seem to put 2 or 3 defensive minded midfield players strung across a narrow, pedestrian midfield that is set out with one objective, stop the opposition scoring. It has "worked" with varying degrees but is rightly imo derided as being awful to watch.

It seems whenever we try and open up a bit the defence (especially the right back position) is ruthlessly exposed and we look like conceding 3 or 4 goals. Without Cairney playing a blinder we lack anyone who can unlock a defence and try to create chances for Leigh. There is little to no movement ahead of the ball resulting in it continually being passed sideways or backwards at walking pace before the inevitable hoof up the park. There is a 20 to 30 yard gap between Sparky and the(seemingly endless) procession of dull, faceless midfielders and we rarely get anyone other than Cairney running beyond him. We must be a dream to defend against. These symptoms of our *****ness have been evident for some time but nothing has been done to address them..other than going back to the turgid, mindnumbing football we witnessed at Tynecastle, Pittodrie and in the cup game against the sheep.

Its not much of a choice tbh...and if its progress I'd question how long people will continue to pay money to watch it...they're drifting away in their thousands as it is..

I really can't be bothered getting into the arguments about this tonight AGAIN, so thanks for typing my exact thoughts. Great post. :aok: :top marks

Vault Boy
11-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Individual errors are fine but it was his tactics that contributed to our lack of threat. I'm not sure how many times he needs to watch us struggle to score before he does something meaningful about it.

Playing two up front, having a central midfielder who is known for getting forward a bit more and bringing in a pacey winger all aimed to add to our attacking threat, it just didn't work out today.

Brightside
11-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Can someone please explain why he left Cairney and Claros on the pitch during half time instead of having them in the changing room explaining tactics (im going to assume that Fenlon does have a tactics board and not just that we a5 notebook)

Greenblood70
11-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Funny thing is I don't think the team's a million miles away. Yogi and CC bought some shocking players, but even though we're still short on creativity and width and we're too slow and obvious, we could improve things without wholesale changes being required.

As others have said, you watch other teams and think why can't we play like that...

Usually put together on a fraction of the budget available to the Hibs manager...we seem to specialise in signing a succession of indentikit defensive midfielders. The one bright spot tonight was I think Liam Craig might help us change this when he joins up next season. Hopefully pushing Cairney inside and giving us a creative option. Was very disappointed in Robertson tonight, he was completely anonymous (athough he was far from alone in being *****).

CMac1988
11-02-2013, 09:25 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21421311#asset

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Playing two up front, having a central midfielder who is known for getting forward a bit more and bringing in a pacey winger all aimed to add to our attacking threat, it just didn't work out today.

:agree: There is no doubt we were very poor tonight, but Fenlon did change the tactics tonight and we got humped. If we are to play 4-5-1, its supposed to flood the midfield and outnumber the opposition. They are then supposed to pass through them, and break forward, Done did that job ok tonight, but Robertson was poor, Deegan was poor, Stevenson was poor and that resulted in us going in 2 behind.

The forwards dont hold the ball up, and our defense were like statues, we took a beating tonight from St Johnstone, we were not at the races. Our 4-4-2 Plan B did not work.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Can someone please explain why he left Cairney and Claros on the pitch during half time instead of having them in the changing room explaining tactics (im going to assume that Fenlon does have a tactics board and not just that we a5 notebook)

No takers in two is it - go on try another angle til you get one. Better than a hit and run or wind em up let em go I suppose....

CB_NO3
11-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Well if you are going to make a point, get your facts correct. Against Aberdeen, I recall Deegan's goal and two shots from Griffiths - one a free kick and one a volley, both well saved.
Here is a fact for you. 2 league wins since 11th November. That is dire form.

Allant1981
11-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Seriously, when was the last time we played well! I admire your optomistic attitude but it's misplaced. We have been dreadful for a long while now.

Yet we are still not to far off 2nd place

Vault Boy
11-02-2013, 09:30 PM

The guy has real passion everything matters to him and he isn't resting on our earlier results this season. The man has it, he really does. Bit of an overused cliche, but we need to keep the faith.

Hibby Bairn
11-02-2013, 09:31 PM
No takers in two is it - go on try another angle til you get one. Better than a hit and run or wind em up let em go I suppose....

Fair point though no?

Viva_Palmeiras
Just a thought..... For all those with constructive criticism with ideas perhaps consider the Lets Work Together initiative as an alternative or supplement to gnashing of teeth.

Brightside

Well i cant figure it out. Someone must know why he would do that.

chinaman
11-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Shambles Fenlon. I have zero confidence in him improving us. Sadly. :agree:

lucky
11-02-2013, 09:35 PM
The result was bad enough but it could have been 6. That was as bad as the cup final although it does not hurt as much. I'm not convinced we are progressing. Much of our play all season has been turgid. PF will stay but how long gods knows. But I think he will see out the season bit I doubt we will finish in the top 6. 1 league win in 10 is relegation form. But Dundee will save us as they are miles of anyone.

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2013, 09:35 PM

stoneyburn hibs
11-02-2013, 09:37 PM

Think you are being a wee bit unfair , he made a valid point . Bizarre that Fenlon made the substitutions 3 or 4 minutes into the second half.

JohnStephens91
11-02-2013, 09:37 PM

You're talking pish. Away and check yourself.

Beefster
11-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Just a thought..... For all those with constructive criticism with ideas perhaps consider the Lets Work Together initiative as an alternative or supplement to gnashing of teeth.

While I appreciate the sentiment, this thread is mainly about the performance and tactics. If Hibs are consulting supporters about anything relating to tactics or coaching then someone needs sacked.

IWasThere2016
11-02-2013, 09:40 PM
We can if they can't deliver results.

11th place have a game in hand on us as well.

Cheers for the uplifting post!! You are of course correct.

rcarter1
11-02-2013, 09:42 PM
At least Pat knows we are honking, and I bet he knew we were riding our luck a bit at the start of the season, and hoped we would build on the confidence. We havent, and as a previous poster has pointed out when we try to attack we are left exposed because we don't have enough strength or pace or desire going forward. So of course the only policy is to defend in depth and hope to nick goals.

Fine. We wont get relegated (because Dundee are not up to the SPL). Had Rangers stayed in the league we would probably be sweating about relegation AGAIN. The 'Improvement' argument is running out of evidence, - honestly I can not think of one team bar Dundee that I reckon we are better than. Unfortunately there seems little hope for improvement until the summer.

Pat mentioned at the end of his interview that maybe he should go with youth and energy. Its a desperate move coming a few weeks after the last transfer window, but as long as we accept that 10th is progress, and 11th is bearable, it might be worth it to bring them on a bit in preparation for next season.

Crikey, Hibs really do make it hard to be a footy fan!!! :confused:

Hiber-nation
11-02-2013, 09:44 PM
I don't want us to change another manager but moving Lewis Stevenson to right back has me wondering about Fenlon.

Emerald
11-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Think you are being a wee bit unfair , he made a valid point . Bizarre that Fenlon made the substitutions 3 or 4 minutes into the second half.

I agree, can't ever remember having seen that before. If they need hooked, then do it at half time, give the subs a proper warm up and instruction and make the change then. If you give the players a talking to at half time, then give them time to improve in the first 10 minutes or so and then hook them if there's no change. I heard his interview after the game and he said he could see it in their body lanuage. So playing devils advocate, he may have just been frustrated seeing the players he had just told off doing the exact same things and thought enough is enough. Bizarre though! :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I don't want us to change another manager but moving Lewis Stevenson to right back has me wondering about Fenlon.

Maybury was having a mare, FFS we were being slaughtered down their left our right. I'd have taken him off, and we did not have anyone else, if Fenlon is to be criticized, its for not having Wotherspoon on the bench as a makeshift right back?

khib70
11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
You're talking pish. Away and check yourself.
You away and check yourself. eh? The man's got a valid point but you and the rest of the Blind Faith Brigade are being so found out that slinging abuse is the best you can come up with.

If you're happy with eye-bleeding hoofball, tactical incompetence and poor results, that's your problem, but the support is turning, and the attendances week on week bear this out. Hibs fans have a right to better, and if the manager can't provide it he's not up to the job. Everywhere but on this board, the support is getting wise to PF's huge limitations, and fed up with the non-football he puts on the park. And you've only got to read a few threads to see that even this board is beginning to turn.

Coco Bryce
11-02-2013, 09:51 PM
You away and check yourself. eh? The man's got a valid point but you and the rest of the Blind Faith Brigade are being so found out that slinging abuse is the best you can come up with.

If you're happy with eye-bleeding hoofball, tactical incompetence and poor results, that's your problem, but the support is turning, and the attendances week on week bear this out. Hibs fans have a right to better, and if the manager can't provide it he's not up to the job. Everywhere but on this board, the support is getting wise to PF's huge limitations, and fed up with the non-football he puts on the park. And you've only got to read a few threads to see that even this board is beginning to turn.

Spot on.

Golden Bear
11-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Spot on.

Spot on twice.

Hiber-nation
11-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Maybury was having a mare, FFS we were being slaughtered down their left our right. I'd have taken him off, and we did not have anyone else, if Fenlon is to be criticized, its for not having Wotherspoon on the bench as a makeshift right back?

Lewis is too left sided to play there, it was madness. We were chasing the game with a one footed player on the wrong side. I'd play him first choice LB every week though.

JohnStephens91
11-02-2013, 10:01 PM

We were poor tonight, I'm not denying that, but to say that the support is turning is a joke. Also Fenlon has done a good job so far, yes our recent run is poor but he is trying to change the tactics and is still being criticised despite trying to deliver what the fans wanted - an attacking team. This attacking team selection left the defence exposed and now people are moaning. Make up your minds.

Also if you want a return to the dark days of a passionless manager such as Calderwood then keep up your cries and you'll get your wish. Yes things aren't going smoothly, but I have seen significant improvements in the team from the sides I have watched us put out over the past two seasons and I believe Fenlon is the man to continue doing the job.

Brightside
11-02-2013, 10:01 PM
I'd drop McPake. Apart from the fact he keeps dragging the defence back he is simply not running the team on the pitch. Fenlon has said after the game he might throw the young boys in, hopefully he'll stand by that. Go back to 451 and start from scratch.

Brightside
11-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Lewis is too left sided to play there, it was madness. We were chasing the game with a one footed player on the wrong side. I'd play him first choice LB every week though.

Correct. Blondie and Hanlon in the middle and give one of the youth boys a run at right back.

Borderhibbie76
11-02-2013, 10:04 PM
I've tried hard to look on the positives during the last 2 months but other than a couple of "lucky" cup wins and a good performance against Celtic, it's been horrendous to watch. I cannot believe Fenlon never addressed these issues in the Jan window, FFS a blind man can see where our problems lie, far too many sitting midfielders, at the last count 5....Claros, Deegan, Stevenson, Taiwo and now Robertson (who is not and never will be a box to box midfielder). And if PF insists on playing HOOFball, why on earth not sign a target man to play alongside Griffiths???

As for our captain, he has been absolute murder since he returned from injury and his body language for the last few weeks says it all.

Worrying times again I am starting to have real concerns about Fenlon and his ability to turn this around.

We are going backwards again at a very alarming rate!!!

Hibees07
11-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Fenlon is simply out his depth, has been for months. Any manager can pack a team with defensive players and get a few results. Every team has now sussed out how to play against us and Fenlon has no idea how to change it.

JohnStephens91
11-02-2013, 10:07 PM

Who would you have stuck in at right-back? There was no other alternative.

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Fenlon is simply out his depth, has been for months. Any manager can pack a team with defensive players and get a few results. Every team has now sussed out how to play against us and Fenlon has no idea how to change it.

I keep hearing this pish spouted on here, i'm surprised more teams dont try it?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-02-2013, 10:09 PM

Im not sure about bizarre but Ask Fenlon. Maybe berating the players for lack of application was not needed for the subs and they already knew their roles and could be trusted in that. And perhaps thought give them 10 mins but a jolt in hooking earlier?

Let me state that the jury on Fenlon is out for me still and I'd need to see more evidence of
Ability to change games for the good but accept you need to build from somewhere and that it takes time to get the right players in - would Craig have made a difference tonight?

One thing about Fenlon - he's no Calderwood.

Sir David Gray
11-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Tonight was unacceptable, there's no doubts about that whatsoever but sacking Fenlon just now would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

At least with him in charge, we actually get coherent comments after matches which actually reflect reality, unlike the nonsense that we used to be subjected to with Calderwood and, at times, with Hughes as well.

He knows that tonight was nowhere near good enough and I still believe he's the man to get us to where we need, and want, to be.

I said when he came in that he needed at least 2 years before he should be properly judged. He's only been here for just over a year and we are in a better place now than when he first came in, although I accept you wouldn't know it having watched the match tonight.

This summer's transfer window is a big one for Fenlon. We have something like 12 first team players out of contract at the end of the season and I don't expect many of those players to extend their contracts so we're going to do a lot of business in the summer in recruiting new players. Let's see where we are after a few months have passed next season. If results and performances like tonight are still a recurring theme by the end of this year then I might start to agree that his position should be up for discussion but it would be madness to get rid of him now.

Hibby70
11-02-2013, 10:14 PM
I know who should be considering Working Together and it ain't the fans.

Hermit Crab
11-02-2013, 10:16 PM
I'd drop McPake. Apart from the fact he keeps dragging the defence back he is simply not running the team on the pitch. Fenlon has said after the game he might throw the young boys in, hopefully he'll stand by that. Go back to 451 and start from scratch.

I agree with you however tread cautiously. The McPake love in on here is strong. Stay safe fellow .netter.

Vault Boy
11-02-2013, 10:18 PM

I don't think you have ever given a constructive input to discussion. It's easy to criticise when things aren't perfect, but negatives seem to be the only things you post. Boring.

keep the faith
11-02-2013, 10:19 PM

Yep. Thats how I feel too.

H!BEE
11-02-2013, 10:22 PM
The board have hired and fired as many managers as MAD VLAD, fenlon is next to go, its just a matter of an AGM,

he is out of his dept, both mentally (the cup final jesture) and technically (hoof ball).

:cb come :cbgo ............ time don't change the facts.

The board just do not know how to hire a "real" manager. The club has been going round in circles for the last what 5 years at least -

We have not impoved at all. There is STILL VERY LITTLE ATTACKING PLAY. SOMETIMES FOR THE WHOLE GAME.

IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. SOMEONE MUST TAKE THE BLAME!

It has to stop. Its not even football. Its just p!sh that no one wants to watch.

#ggtth

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2013, 10:23 PM
The board have hired and fired as many managers as MAD VLAD, fenlon is next to go, its just a matter of an AGM,

he is out of his dept, both mentally (the cup final jesture) and technically (hoof ball).

:cb come :cbgo ............ time don't change the facts.

The board just do not know how to hire a "real" manager. The club has been going round in circles for the last what 5 years at least -

We have not impoved at all. There is STILL VERY LITTLE ATTACKING PLAY. SOMETIMES FOR THE WHOLE GAME.

IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. SOMEONE MUST TAKE THE BLAME!

It has to stop. Its not even football. Its just p!sh that no one wants to watch.

#ggtth

:faf::faf:

NAE NOOKIE
11-02-2013, 10:26 PM

Been saying this for weeks now .... we have no players who run beyond the ball into the final 3rd and its making us the easiest team in the SPL to defend against.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-02-2013, 10:32 PM
I know who should be considering Working Together and it ain't the fans.
You'll be there Wednesday then?

Uphall Hibby
11-02-2013, 10:36 PM

We could try signing the right manager though!!

We will never get a better chance to do something in the league. We missed our opportunity at the transfer window. As usual we took the cheap option and will pay dearly for it. Two decent signings (not re-signings) would have put bums in seats and possibly saw our way to a European slot. Griffiths is on his own up front and Maybury took our defending to a new depth. We had better hold on for a very rocky ride

Hiber-nation
11-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Who would you have stuck in at right-back? There was no other alternative.

I didn't think Lewis was an alternative there. He was lost. I'd have kept Maybury on, he was murder but not the only one.

JohnStephens91
11-02-2013, 10:47 PM
I didn't think Lewis was an alternative there. He was lost. I'd have kept Maybury on, he was murder but not the only one.

Maybury had an absolute shocker tonight, massive difference from his excellent performance against Aberdeen, true many did have shockers but Maybury was one of the worst and was rightfully hooked and Stevenson was the only available player to slot into a role in defence to try and shore up.

.Sean.
11-02-2013, 10:50 PM
It was garbage.

That's Fenlon's team and it's the style we're going to need to get used to. It's no wonder folk aren't being enticed back.

truehibernian
11-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Maybury had an absolute shocker tonight, massive difference from his excellent performance against Aberdeen, true many did have shockers but Maybury was one of the worst and was rightfully hooked and Stevenson was the only available player to slot into a role in defence to try and shore up.

Maybury wasn't the culprit tonight - Deegan for both goals in my opinion, with McPake again static for both too - watch Deegan's non attempt to track his runner for the first, then his pathetic attempt to win a header then knock it to the Saints player for the second - for the second watch McPake - his awareness is poor, he should have been helping Alan and attacking the space the minute Vine moved to his right foot - and he tuned his back on the ball which is criminal for a centre half.

Maybury actually saved a couple of other goal chances. He's an easy scapegoat.

Hiber-nation
11-02-2013, 10:56 PM

I didn't think it was a good idea when we were supposed to be chasing the game.

Anyway whether it was right or wrong the fitba is keech. If there was progress its gone in reverse. We are absolutely dire to watch.

Hiber-nation
11-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Maybury wasn't the culprit tonight - Deegan for both goals in my opinion, with McPake again static for both too - watch Deegan's non attempt to track his runner for the first, then his pathetic attempt to win a header then knock it to the Saints player for the second - for the second watch McPake - his awareness is poor, he should have been helping Alan and attacking the space the minute Vine moved to his right foot - and he tuned his back on the ball which is criminal for a centre half.

Just watched the replay and Deegan amd McGivern were basically standing with their fingers up their erses for the first - totally unacceptable. Maybe they think they are certain starters...I doubt if Fenlon will tolerate that.

Scottie
11-02-2013, 10:58 PM
It was garbage.

That's Fenlon's team and it's the style we're going to need to get used to. It's no wonder folk aren't being enticed back.

It's Fenlon's team alright but what puzzles me is what do they do all week at training ?
It seems to me they don't do defending,they don't do attacking but they DO practice HOOF BALL.
Thought the days of MIXU were long gone !!!

Can't get my head round what the managers tactics are all about:confused:

silverhibee
11-02-2013, 11:00 PM

I would have hooked Mcgivern, he was honking tonight, stood and watched the rebound from the goalie for the first goal, gave away a penalty, and was lucky to stay on the park, looked like he couldn't give a toss.

And i have to give a mention to our captain, have a f***ing word with yourself, you were absolutely pish tonight but it is becoming a habit from you in a Hibs shirt nowadays.

Hibby70
11-02-2013, 11:02 PM
You'll be there Wednesday then?
Thought you said it was for constructive criticism? Mine would be nothing of the sort.

JohnStephens91
11-02-2013, 11:05 PM
I would have hooked Mcgivern, he was honking tonight, stood and watched the rebound from the goalie for the first goal, gave away a penalty, and was lucky to stay on the park, looked like he couldn't give a toss.

And i have to give a mention to our captain, have a f***ing word with yourself, you were absolutely pish tonight but it is becoming a habit from you in a Hibs shirt nowadays.

Everyone was ***** tonight, bar Williams and maybe Done and Griffiths. Massive improvement needed for the game on Saturday.

JohnStephens91
11-02-2013, 11:09 PM

I agree, I think he is a good player to have in the squad but tonight I thought he was one of the worst players on the pitch and was rightfully hooked. It surprised me because he was excellent against Aberdeen the week before.