noz
11-02-2013, 09:26 PM
.....thats it, nothing more

brianmc
11-02-2013, 09:27 PM
And plan A is????

whereswallace?
11-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Id like to know where plan A was. I said to my amateur team manager that if we performed as badly as that he would tear strips off us and we would be embarrassed. That was nothing short of disgraceful tonight.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2013, 09:29 PM
.....thats it, nothing more

We do, its the same as plan A - knock it sideways/backwards to each other for a bit then lump it forward hail mary style so the opposition can knock it back.

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 09:44 PM
And plan A is????

Hoof the ball up to LG and hope for a miracle.

Even our goal tonight summed up our "tactics" over the last 10 games or so....

sesoim
11-02-2013, 09:48 PM
We do, its the same as plan A - knock it sideways/backwards to each other for a bit then lump it forward hail mary style so the opposition can knock it back.

Pretty much somes us up.

sesoim
11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Hoof the ball up to LG and hope for a miracle.

Even our goal tonight summed up our "tactics" over the last 10 games or so....

But we're progressing.....:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Dinnae see us getting any better by signing Ben Drew, or am I missing something?

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 09:55 PM
But we're progressing.....:rolleyes:

As my old man always says, we've been a work in progress since the 70s. :wink:

Golden Bear
11-02-2013, 09:57 PM

If I said we were predictable it would be the under statement of the year.

Liam89
11-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Dinnae see us getting any better by signing Ben Drew, or am I missing something?

:tee hee:

HibbyKeith
11-02-2013, 10:05 PM
We don't press the ball. we press to 5 yards away then watch teams play.

pretty dire stuff.

I sat tonight when hibs had the ball and you could see it all over the pitch, St J players.. press the ball, press the ball, press the ball. win it back. attack.

on the other hand while St J had the ball.. Hibs Players.. jockey the ball, jockey the ball, jockey the ball... goal.

Calling it school boy stuff is an insult to the young lads playing football every weekend across the country.

To think there are people struggling to make ends meet, working extra shifts at work and struggling to battle though a recession, while these clowns get paid thousands for what we witnessed tonight is bloody infuriating.

Hermit Crab
11-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Plenty folk on here tonight with the low post count syndrome. .net is infested with yams tonight.

hibbydog
11-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Plenty folk on here tonight with the low post count syndrome. .net is infested with yams tonight.

Aye, cos the value of your opinion and your general worthiness as a hibby is all about your post count

Hermit Crab
11-02-2013, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't let it worry you. I got accused of being a yam last week because I slagged mcpake.

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 10:25 PM
I wouldn't let it worry you. I got accused of being a yam last week because I slagged mcpake.

He's been poor since coming back from injury, which was unfortunately always going to be a risk.

At least he has that excuse for being as poor as he has been lately. No such excuses for any of the others however.

Hermit Crab
11-02-2013, 10:29 PM
He's been poor since coming back from injury, which was unfortunately always going to be a risk.

At least he has that excuse for being as poor as he has been lately. No such excuses for any of the others however.

He certainly is not immune to criticism and nor should he be. The whole team were dire tonight. They don't even play as a team. A bunch of individuals. Why should loan players give a toss, they can go back to their parent after we've went down..............

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2013, 10:42 PM
We have been playing 4-5-1, and to be fair Griffiths is not the best at playing the man up top in that formation. Yet he has done ok, and scored 14 or 15 goals mainly playing as a loan front man.

I'd prefer if we were to play 4-5-1, we did it with a front man who could hold the ball up better, and bring the midfield in.

Tonight we went 4-4-2, or plan B if you like, our midfield were overrun. Just listened to Fenlons after match interview, he was right they never turned up, and the fight and desire to win was lacking, and thats normally not been the case.

erskine-hibby
12-02-2013, 07:31 AM
When has Pat actually made any significant changes in a game that has altered the match in our direction? Most of the time he just stands there with his arms crossed. This for me is a worry. Last night he should have virtually been on the pitch shouting and kicking ass.

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2013, 07:39 AM
When has Pat actually made any significant changes in a game that has altered the match in our direction? Most of the time he just stands there with his arms crossed. This for me is a worry. Last night he should have virtually been on the pitch shouting and kicking ass.

You mean like Yogi used to do? :confused:

We changed tactics last night, something 99.9% of this board have been screaming for. He changed the team around to try and get a more creative type of play, 2 up front and a box to box midfielder, plus a wide direct winger.

Its did not work, we were pumped and after 1 game in this new formation the team and manager are clueless, the team have no commitment and apparently we have no plan B? :confused:

hibsbollah
12-02-2013, 07:50 AM

Done and Stevenson switched wings in the first half, he made subs after 53 mins, changed the system on the hour and then played a high line with the cb's getting forward and Lewis and Claros providing defensive cover.

It didnt work, but saying he didnt change things when needed is just plain wrong.

erskine-hibby
12-02-2013, 07:51 AM
You mean like Yogi used to do? :confused:

We changed tactics last night, something 99.9% of this board have been screaming for. He changed the team around to try and get a more creative type of play, 2 up front and a box to box midfielder, plus a wide direct winger.

Its did not work, we were pumped and after 1 game in this new formation the team and manager are clueless, the team have no commitment and apparently we have no plan B? :confused:

Yet again you fail to answer a question. When has pat actually changed a game by making 'telling' substitutions?? Last night he made a double substitution after 3, yes 3, minutes inti the second half?? Why not make those before the teams come out for the second half if they are that bad? As far as your Yogi statement is coincerned, you know I thought he was clueless, unlike yourself, though he was passionate, something, I feel Pat is lacking.

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Yet again you fail to answer a question. When has pat actually changed a game by making 'telling' substitutions?? Last night he made a double substitution after 3, yes 3, minutes inti the second half?? Why not make those before the teams come out for the second half if they are that bad? As far as your Yogi statement is coincerned, you know I thought he was clueless, unlike yourself, though he was passionate, something, I feel Pat is lacking.

The first half was an absolute disgrace, perhaps the reason he did not change it was to make sure the players had warmed up properly, i don't know but i know 3 or 4 minutes would have made little difference? I'm also not sure what waving your hands about or Kicking some ass from the sidelines would have done either, can you explain what it would have done?

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Done and Stevenson switched wings in the first half, he made subs after 53 mins, changed the system on the hour and then played a high line with the cb's getting forward and Lewis and Claros providing defensive cover.

It didnt work, but saying he didnt change things when needed is just plain wrong.

The changes actually did change the game, we drew the 2nd half 1-1. :wink:

RIP
12-02-2013, 07:59 AM
We don't press the ball. we press to 5 yards away then watch teams play.

pretty dire stuff.

I sat tonight when hibs had the ball and you could see it all over the pitch, St J players.. press the ball, press the ball, press the ball. win it back. attack.

on the other hand while St J had the ball.. Hibs Players.. jockey the ball, jockey the ball, jockey the ball... goal.

Calling it school boy stuff is an insult to the young lads playing football every weekend across the country.

To think there are people struggling to make ends meet, working extra shifts at work and struggling to battle though a recession, while these clowns get paid thousands for what we witnessed tonight is bloody infuriating.

Sifting through hundreds of posts, however well intentioned and then BINGO! - Well done mate - sums it up for me

:top marks

erskine-hibby
12-02-2013, 08:49 AM
The first half was an absolute disgrace, perhaps the reason he did not change it was to make sure the players had warmed up properly, i don't know but i know 3 or 4 minutes would have made little difference? I'm also not sure what waving your hands about or Kicking some ass from the sidelines would have done either, can you explain what it would have done?

It may have not done anything true, but if he doesn't show any passion, then maybe, just maybe this rubs off on those on the park??

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2013, 12:38 PM
There doesn't seem to be a plan. Even the timing of the substitutions were ridiculous, why didn't he make them at half time instead of wasting more time?

You could put eleven amateur footballers on a park without a manager and they could sort themselves out better than we did last night. Very little movement, either into space or looking for the ball meaning our defence were playing it amongst each other sideways until the inevitable punt every time. How the **** can professional footballers not make more of an effort and impression on a game regardless of what the manager has said, it just baffles me.