PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic

SteveHFC
11-02-2013, 09:14 PM
****ing pathetic

The_Todd
11-02-2013, 09:17 PM
A couple of shades below pathetic. Pathetic would be an improvement.

SouthamptonHibs
11-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Agreed 3 nothing down at home is shocking imo. We don't do well in the midweek games. That's us lost the last three or four matches now we`'ve played during the week

Cropley10
11-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Inevitable really. Playing the same, samey players in the same positions, with the same tactics week after week after week.

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-02-2013, 09:27 PM
We were lucky to get away with 3, never won a header all night in their box, just cannot get my head around what this is all about and it is looking worse every game.

Well done Saints, you worked as team and gave 100% all night, enjoy your fish suppers on the way home tonight :aok:

Jim44
11-02-2013, 09:29 PM
We were lucky to get away with 3, never won a header all night in their box, just cannot get my head around what this is all about and it is looking worse every game.

Well done Saints, you worked as team and gave 100% all night, enjoy your fish suppers on the way home tonight :aok:

......................... and no taking the p1ss out of Craig on the bus. :greengrin

SouthamptonHibs
11-02-2013, 09:30 PM
I think Craig will be on the phone to his agent asking if there is a get out clause haha

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 09:32 PM
****ing pathetic

:agree:

Don't worry mate. The .net police will be on in a minute to tell you that you're being too negative and that we're still currently in the top 6. :aok:

manx hibee
11-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Inevitable really. Playing the same, samey players in the same positions, with the same tactics week after week after week.

Exactly no plan B

Jim44
11-02-2013, 09:34 PM
I think Craig will be on the phone to his agent asking if there is a get out clause haha

I've already made this point elsewhere but left the homour out.

lord bunberry
11-02-2013, 09:35 PM

Don't worry mate. The .net police will be on in a minute to tell you that you're being too negative and that we're still currently in the top 6. :aok:

We are still in the top 6 and still in the cup. We were poor tonight but we still have plenty chances to turn it around

SouthamptonHibs
11-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Lomas on tv saying it should off been four or five nil tonight. It has been coming for a long time. Well done to the goalie for another Pen save, mind you might of done better with the build up to the first goal

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 09:41 PM
We are still in the top 6 and still in the cup. We were poor tonight but we still have plenty chances to turn it around

And how do you see us turning this around?

We weren't just having an off day tonight, we've been awful for months, with a few occasional lucky breaks.

Something stinks yet again at the club, it's like the Yogi Hughes saga all over again.

Roll on the comments about me being too negative...

lord bunberry
11-02-2013, 09:49 PM

We weren't just having an off day tonight, we've been awful for months, with a few occasional lucky breaks.

Something stinks yet again at the club, it's like the Yogi Hughes saga all over again.

You are being very negative you always are. I do agree we have been poor this year but fenlon is the manager and he must be given a chance to turn it around. If we were to sack him now it would turn us into a team on a bad run to a team in crisis. And whichever way you look at our current situation its nowhere near a crisis

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 09:53 PM
You are being very negative you always are. I do agree we have been poor this year but fenlon is the manager and he must be given a chance to turn it around. If we were to sack him now it would turn us into a team on a bad run to a team in crisis. And whichever way you look at our current situation its nowhere near a crisis

Just because we're not currently in a crisis, doesn't mean that there isn't currently a serious problem, which seems to linger on.

When other teams hit a slump, it usually lasts 3-4 games, then the manager resolves the issue and the team gets back to performing ways.

Not with us however. When we hit a slump, it lingers on until its too late to do anything about it. It's the same every time.

How can we be a work in progress, if its the same old problems that keep coming back to haunt us?

Woody70x2
11-02-2013, 09:58 PM
****ing pathetic

I think Hibs will finish up in 10th spot in the league this season. Progress though...

lord bunberry
11-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Just because we're not currently in a crisis, doesn't mean that there isn't currently a serious problem, which seems to linger on.

When other teams hit a slump, it usually lasts 3-4 games, then the manager resolves the issue and the team gets back to performing ways.

Not with us however. When we hit a slump, it lingers on until its too late to do anything about it. It's the same every time.

How can we be a work in progress, if its the same old problems that keep coming back to haunt us?

You don't know that we won't turn it around neither do I but fenlon must be given the chance to do so. He will be judged at the end of the season on the progress that's been made. That's the time to judge if he has improved us or whether its been more of the same. Personally if think it will be the former

Hermit Crab
11-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Nothing up top other than Griffiths. Doyle is never a striker. No creativity all our midfielders are scared of going forward into the box.

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 10:07 PM
You don't know that we won't turn it around neither do I but fenlon must be given the chance to do so. He will be judged at the end of the season on the progress that's been made. That's the time to judge if he has improved us or whether its been more of the same. Personally if think it will be the former

Things will need to drastically turn around if we're to finish in the top 6, where we should be finishing consistently.

I wish I shared your optimism, but I just can't see how its going to turn around. The players didn't cover themselves in glory tonight, but neither did the manager and it hasn't been the first time that he's made poor choices either.

He kept 4 major players out of the starting 11 tonight. Why? is anybodies guess.

Mikey
11-02-2013, 10:10 PM

Two people came up to me in BTG before the game and asked if you were definitely a Hibby.

worcesterhibby
11-02-2013, 10:11 PM
On the bright side I was too busy working to follow the game, so saved myself 90 mins of pain :greengrin

allezsauzee
11-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Silver lining for a few folk on here is that get to have a right good moan about how crap we are. Spoilt for choice for scapegoats tonight with Stevenson, Maybury and Hanlon playing.

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Silver lining for a few folk on here is that get to have a right good moan about how crap we are. Spoilt for choice for scapegoats tonight with Stevenson, Maybury and Hanlon playing.

Of course people are going to moan about it, what else do you expect?

If people just accepted that as the standard, then what would be the point?

I haven't seen anybody pick out any scapegoats tonight. The whole team and management are to blame for that shambles.

heretoday
11-02-2013, 10:19 PM
We're so Sh*** it's unbelievable!

inglisavhibs
11-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Exactly no plan B

We don't really have any plan.

Coco Bryce
11-02-2013, 10:20 PM

You forgot Robertson. He was woeful!

Duffys13
11-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Exactly no plan B

You see this is what gets me, apart from Griffiths wonder goals, whats our plan A?We are clueless when we get the ball.

HH81
11-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Two people came up to me in BTG before the game and asked if you were definitely a Hibby.

What was your answer? :-)

allezsauzee
11-02-2013, 10:25 PM

I haven't seen anybody pick out any scapegoats tonight. The whole team and management are to blame for that shambles.

My only point is that some people will get the pleasure of having good moan on here tonight, that's all , nothing more, nothing less

lord bunberry
11-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Things will need to drastically turn around if we're to finish in the top 6, where we should be finishing consistently.

I wish I shared your optimism, but I just can't see how its going to turn around. The players didn't cover themselves in glory tonight, but neither did the manager and it hasn't been the first time that he's made poor choices either.

He kept 4 major players out of the starting 11 tonight. Why? is anybodies guess.

You may well be proved right mate but now is not the time to make judgments on fenlon. I understand people being critical of the way we are playing I'm not enjoying it either but the only logical way forward right now is to get behind the team and hope he gets it right.

Golden Bear
11-02-2013, 10:27 PM

Not a popular viewpoint I dare say but entirely correct all the same.

clerriehibs
11-02-2013, 10:29 PM

Were they clapping happily?

Geo_1875
11-02-2013, 10:29 PM

Maybe he's been reading all the posts on here saying we can't play Claros and Deegan and Taiwo as they are all too similar and they don't get forward enough. He tried something different tonight and it didn't work. It didn't help that McPake and Hanlon refused to pass to the midfield all night and persisted in pumping long balls to Griffiths and Doyle. We all saw it didn't work so hopefully he won't try it again. I'd happily settle for being hard to score against.

Pretty Boy
11-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Tonight was total unadulterated pish.

Something has to change very quickly or this ha anothet Hughes situation written all over it. Good start to a season, couple of mediocre months, couple of poor months that carry over into the next season and all progress has been reversed.

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 10:34 PM

You can tell your slavering pub buddies that I am a Hibs fan, just one of the few honest ones that happens to post on here. :aok:

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 10:36 PM
You may well be proved right mate but now is not the time to make judgments on fenlon. I understand people being critical of the way we are playing I'm not enjoying it either but the only logical way forward right now is to get behind the team and hope he gets it right.

I hope you're right mate.

Onwards and upwards eh.

:flag:

Jonnyboy
11-02-2013, 10:40 PM
You can tell your slavering pub buddies that I am a Hibs fan, just one of the few honest ones that happens to post on here. :aok:

How to win friends and influence people :wink:

SMAXXA
11-02-2013, 10:42 PM

I don't get your comment about something stinks at the club? What are you implying? Isn't it not as simple as a team playing poorly, going through a bad spell and maybe even managerial mistakes which PF may or may not hold his handsa up for?

What has that actually got to do with something stinking at the club? Apart from recent performances.

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 10:43 PM
How to win friends and influence people :wink:

:greengrin

I'd rather have a few good friends, than a hundred slavering sods down the pub. :na na:

Quality, not quantity! :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
11-02-2013, 10:48 PM
:greengrin

I'd rather have a few good friends, than a hundred slavering sods down the pub. :na na:

Quality, not quantity! :thumbsup:

I was just a bit miffed that you thought I told lies :wink:

To be fair you do come across as pretty negative in the vast majority of your posts and I'm guessing that's largely borne out of frustration with the goings on at ER. Out of interest, how would you improve things? What team line up would you have selected tonight? Genuine questions by the way :agree:

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 11:04 PM
I was just a bit miffed that you thought I told lies :wink:

To be fair you do come across as pretty negative in the vast majority of your posts and I'm guessing that's largely borne out of frustration with the goings on at ER. Out of interest, how would you improve things? What team line up would you have selected tonight? Genuine questions by the way :agree:

I wish I could say that there was a magical formula available tonight, that would have won us the game. But to be honest, I don't think it would have made much difference what starting XI we put out tonight, there were far too many individually poor performances all round.

However, without knowing how the players were going to perform tonight, I wouldn't have changed the starting XI that much from what we played against Aberdeen. I know Wotherspoon was out, but I would have started with both Cairney and Claros on the park. They've been 2 big players for us this season and why they didn't start, I really can't get my head around.

Jonnyboy
11-02-2013, 11:07 PM
I wish I could say that there was a magical formula available tonight, that would have won us the game. But to be honest, I don't think it would have made much difference what starting XI we put out tonight, there were far too many individually poor performances all round.

However, without knowing how the players were going to perform tonight, I wouldn't have changed the starting XI that much from what we played against Aberdeen. I know Wotherspoon was out, but I would have started with both Cairney and Claros on the park. They've been 2 big players for us this season and why they didn't start, I really can't get my head around.

Can't disagree with any of that :agree: And it wasn't overly negative :wink:

Brightside
11-02-2013, 11:09 PM
I don't get your comment about something stinks at the club? What are you implying? Isn't it not as simple as a team playing poorly, going through a bad spell and maybe even managerial mistakes which PF may or may not hold his handsa up for?

What has that actually got to do with something stinking at the club? Apart from recent performances.

I think his point is that players are showing no heart to win games. Getting beat is one thing but looking like you dont give a shiyite makes you wonder why they bother playing the game.

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Can't disagree with any of that :agree: And it wasn't overly negative :wink:

:wink:

Done and Robertson should never have started IMO.

You should always start each game with a settled starting XI (only tinkering with it as little as possible when players pick up knocks).

Fair enough, if things aren't going too well with the regulars, then by all means, bring the newbies on to see if they can make an impact. But bringing on 2 new players straight from the start was always going to have an unsettling effect on the team, especially in midfield where we were more or less overrun for majority of the game.

DaveF
11-02-2013, 11:18 PM

Bore off with this ****, eh?

Brightside
11-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Done was alright. Robertson may be 6ft but he's 6ft of shadow. I wish they had spent at least a wee bit of cash to get Craig in earlier.

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Done was alright. Robertson may be 6ft but he's 6ft of shadow. I wish they had spent at least a wee bit of cash to get Craig in earlier.

I thought Done did alright myself, but I think having 2 unfamiliar players on straight from the start had a negative effect on the other players.

Hermit Crab
11-02-2013, 11:26 PM

Lol. :-)

Hibercelona
11-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Bore off with this ****, eh?

Already put it behind me. :aok:

Gmack7
11-02-2013, 11:30 PM
tom kite

Captain Trips
11-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Regardless of progress or not in isolation that is a stinking result and for losing 3-1 at home to St Johnstone stick is 100% deserved.

Mango Man
12-02-2013, 12:04 AM

Spot on, when Hibs hit a slump, we do it in style, can last half a sesason at a time, even with different managers and players, we are a jinxed club, that's how it honestly feels.