PDA

View Full Version : Knee Jerk Reactons - Place here.

scott7_0(Prague)
11-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Just thought I would try to keep them all in one place :greengrin

Come on, dont fail me!!!!!

Greendub
11-02-2013, 07:50 PM
That's it, am gonna keep supporting my team no matter what!!!

Grrrrrrr

loanheadhibby
11-02-2013, 07:51 PM

Let me be 1st. Fenlon out now!

ALF TUPPER
11-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Ahhhhhh my knee !!

JCHibby
11-02-2013, 07:53 PM

You at the wind up, we have been bent over and buggered and this has been on the cards for months, anyone thinking different has been kidding themselves.

BoltonHibee
11-02-2013, 07:54 PM
How many knee jerk reactions are needed before its not a knee jerk reaction?

Godsahibby
11-02-2013, 07:56 PM
1 win in 10 and 1 goal this year. Nothing knee jerk just facts.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2013, 07:56 PM

We've got the Crabs, several of them knocking it sideways or backwards before finally lumping it forward for St Johnstone to win it in the air, not for the first time no plan B. We rarely have any variation.

scott7_0(Prague)
11-02-2013, 07:58 PM
You at the wind up, we have been bent over and buggered and this has been on the cards for months, anyone thinking different has been kidding themselves.

Of course I am not... :rolleyes:

Sarcasm... eh, who needs it.

Heisenberg
Not really knee jerk. We've been ***** for weeks now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
What if Pat was English? Just asking likes!

The Green Goblin
11-02-2013, 07:59 PM
We have been totally outplayed. If fans are angry at that, then it's hardly surprising really and they have every right to be imo.

MrSmith
11-02-2013, 08:00 PM

He'd still have my support!

Brummie_Hibs
11-02-2013, 08:00 PM
All is good, not a thing wrong, great manager, exceptional team, nothing to see here. Now why don't we all just focus our attention on Hearts woes.

Jim44
11-02-2013, 08:01 PM
How anyone can be positive about them is beyond me. I've hardly commented on the drivel they've produced for weeks (barring the odd bit of luck which has earned us undeserved wins) because of the backlash from the happy clappers and uberfans, but there is no defending this shower now.

Thecat23
11-02-2013, 08:01 PM

Are you serious? Can you tell me what people shouldn't be worried about? We can't score we can't defend and Fenlons tactics are what I'd expect from a clueless woman. We are in free fall at an alarming rate.

JCHibby
11-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Of course I am not... :rolleyes:

Sarcasm... eh, who needs it.

Apologies - watching this gash makes the blood boil. My own view and will get shot down for this, change the game plan Pat, attacking expansive football, force the players to play that way, or find a new job.

scott7_0(Prague)
11-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Not really knee jerk. We've been ***** for weeks now.

No but you know there will be some guys coming on here with sare knees. You just know.

Ryan69
11-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Hibs are absolutely shocking! getting beat 3-0 from St Johnstone at home...70 mins gone...what the ****!
We cant even pass,defend or even shoot...its a joke.
I suppose the fact that I have all sports channels and watch Barca,Milan,Inter,PSG and whoever is on thats good....them go online for Hibs doesnt help!

I remember one time I played for a team that was really poo,and I said to manager I guarantee I could get a bunch of mates together too beat them and he agreed! We won 10-1...I went in goals that day and even I scored!......With Hibs I feel the same at times I really do!

northseahibby
11-02-2013, 08:04 PM
I am only 62 so I must have seen worse than this.....can't remember though ....

Houchy
11-02-2013, 08:07 PM
F@@@@@@ disgrace!!! Not going back to evening games.

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2013, 08:07 PM
How anyone can be positive about them is beyond me. I've hardly commented on the drivel they've produced for weeks (barring the odd bit of luck which has earned us undeserved wins) because of the backlash from the happy clappers and uberfans, but there is no defending this shower now.

when we see the p@sh that anyone making negative comments about the team/PF etc from the uber brigade it's just not worth the hassle of commenting

adhibs
11-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Can call it knee jerk if u want but iv had enough. Iv supported fenlon untill now but he's ****ing useless. Ive got absolutely no confidence in him turning things around, hes had months and a transfer window since the rot set in and were still as bad

Ryan69
11-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Tell me the positives cabbageribs? Taking into account we have 3rd biggest budget in spl....and losing money fast.

Diclonius
11-02-2013, 08:14 PM
I blame Colin Nish.

adhibs
11-02-2013, 08:15 PM
I am only 62 so I must have seen worse than this.....can't remember though ....

At 25 iv been wondering for the last cpuple years whats the point. Another 40 years of this would be brutal

hibbybrian
11-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Pat Fenlon will finally grasp the fact that if you're going to constantly play the high ball forward, it makes sense to play the ball OVER the defenders and let your forwards run onto it :wink:

Brummie_Hibs
11-02-2013, 08:20 PM
At 25 iv been wondering for the last cpuple years whats the point. Another 40 years of this would be brutal
Not a true fan...Yam...GTF...you'll be first to moan when you can't get a cup final ticket...yadda, yadda, yadda...ad nauseum.

TariqE
11-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Freefall.......

scott7_0(Prague)
11-02-2013, 08:24 PM
I see a few with dodgy knees have wandered in.

Here was me thinking after last season peoples expectations would have been lowered and learn that this year was about stability and consolidation.

Hey Ho ""SACK THE BOARD"" :na na:

Ozyhibby
11-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Is it still a knee jerk reaction if you have been saying the football is brutal to watch all season and that you don't think Fenlon is doing a good job?
His solution to a bad defence was to stick a couple of midfielders into it and play six at the back. Worked for a bit but a soon as he tries to play a more open game we get hammered at the back.
I really can't take much more of this progress. Let's face it, my wee sister would have been an improvement on Calderwood. Watching our team being outclassed tonight by guys on half their wages was a disgrace.
Won't please Pat's fans on here but if he does not improve then he won't be back next season. Nothing makes Petrie act quicker than falling attendances and we are certainly going to have that.

The Green Goblin
11-02-2013, 08:26 PM

Here was me thinking after last season peoples expectations would have been lowered and learn that this year was about stability and consolidation.

I'm not sure that one win in ten games and our weekly deteriorating level of performance represents "stability".

sesoim
11-02-2013, 08:27 PM

Or a Glaswegian Rangers fan?

SouthamptonHibs
11-02-2013, 08:28 PM
We have two important games coming up 1. KILLIE away in the cup, must get through cup tie to continue the season 2. Don`t get beat from Hearts at Easter Road, the other games are pointless as we are not good enough to get second and can't string enough wins together to get in Europe. Fun times hail hail

Ozyhibby
11-02-2013, 08:33 PM

Stability and consolidation? Is that it? Is that what we are aiming for? Really?

scott7_0(Prague)
11-02-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure that one win in ten games and our weekly deteriorating level of performance represents "stability".

Depends on how you define stability.

When did people stop saying this season is progress? why, because we got lucky with a good early run...... and people expected it was job done.

Jesus guys we have been and still are a very long way from any finished article, but you have to give it time and a chance, we are not in a dog fight this year, do we really want to see another manager and another year of people saying he is playing with Fenlons team let him have a few windows to make it his own team.......

Come on, eh!

scott7_0(Prague)
11-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Stability and consolidation? Is that it? Is that what we are aiming for? Really?

What were you expecting from last season to this season?

Thecat23
11-02-2013, 08:34 PM
What Hibs have to realise here is to win fans back they need to not only pick up results but at least entertain the fans. Not on the wind up but when did we last play 90 mins at ER and come away saying we hammered that team? Getting sick of watching a toothless team with ridiculous tactics. Stevenson on the right? We play long ball to a lone striker who's about 5'10 so he can't win much with the high ball. Play a 4-4-2 and stop playing this narrow defending and letting wingers run at us. Stop sitting off and hoping the defenders win the cross balls. For once just once have a ****ing go at these teams. By the way Fenlon encourages playing narrow and letting the wingers run at us. This was from Alan Maybury himself. We are so easy to play against its frightening. I reckon most of us could call how we will play most games because its now the same each week. I'm losing faith with Fenlon as well as patience because he's yet to show me plan B. in fact his plan A leaves a lot to be desired. Come on Hibs this was the season to make a statement don't let it fall apart now.

sesoim
11-02-2013, 08:39 PM

Sarcasm doesn't work when it makes no sense.

IberianHibernian
11-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Bad result and performance but actually thought we played better tonight than in most recent games ( both recent Derbies and Ross County at home for example ) . We were the better team until the first goal which came just after we nearly scored . Think St Johnstone deserve some credit too for scoring 3 goals despite missing a penalty and not making many chances . Positives ? Done did ok and Cairney looked better on right than in usual left side so hopefully will play more on right now . We missed Claros in first half but looks like Pat had decided to give Robertson match time by playing him for full 90 minutes since Deegan was one of our better players in first half though like others he lost the way after first goal . At least we now have some options on the bench .

LeighLoyal
11-02-2013, 08:42 PM
:taxi for agent Maybury

IberianHibernian
11-02-2013, 08:44 PM
We have two important games coming up 1. KILLIE away in the cup, must get through cup tie to continue the season 2. Don`t get beat from Hearts at Easter Road, the other games are pointless as we are not good enough to get second and can't string enough wins together to get in Europe. Fun times hail hailAll the league games are important not just the Hearts game ( on current form there must be a fair chance that there`ll be a fourth derby but in bottom six ) but I agree that the Killie game is crucial .

TariqE
11-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Bad result and performance but actually thought we played better tonight than in most recent games ( both recent Derbies and Ross County at home for example ) . We were the better team until the first goal which came just after we nearly scored . Think St Johnstone deserve some credit too for scoring 3 goals despite missing a penalty and not making many chances . Positives ? Done did ok and Cairney looked better on right than in usual left side so hopefully will play more on right now . We missed Claros in first half but looks like Pat had decided to give Robertson match time by playing him for full 90 minutes since Deegan was one of our better players in first half though like others he lost the way after first goal . At least we now have some options on the bench .

That's the bright side eh? I admire your optimism-I don't agree with it but it is admirable. Can't help but think there is a real lack of professionalism and focus on fitness at Hibs that had been evident for years and shows no sign of letting up.

Thecat23
11-02-2013, 08:49 PM
We have two important games coming up 1. KILLIE away in the cup, must get through cup tie to continue the season 2. Don`t get beat from Hearts at Easter Road, the other games are pointless as we are not good enough to get second and can't string enough wins together to get in Europe. Fun times hail hail

So the rest of the games are pointless apart from Killie and Hearts? Really? Holy Jesus that's a shocking statement unless your joking? Every game means as much as the next. We are losing fans all over the place so believe me a big performance is needed in ALL games. If you are joking then I take this back.

Brightside
11-02-2013, 08:53 PM
That's the bright side eh? I admire your optimism-I don't agree with it but it is admirable. Can't help but think there is a real lack of professionalism and focus on fitness at Hibs that had been evident for years and shows no sign of letting up.

Spot on. Second to every ball again. Defenders being encouraged to stay back. Midfielders who cant tackle...and in Doyle possibly the least technical striker i have ever seen. That was an awful game of football and yet again the team that Fenlon has put on the pitch DO NOT KNOW THE ROLE they are playing. And this is were is gets really basic...If you know you are bringing on two players just after half time, do you leave them on the pitch at half time to play keepy up or do you get them in the fecklin dressing room and explain the tactics to them. THAT WAS A DISGRACE TONIGHT.

khib70
11-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Is it still a knee jerk reaction if you have been saying the football is brutal to watch all season and that you don't think Fenlon is doing a good job?
His solution to a bad defence was to stick a couple of midfielders into it and play six at the back. Worked for a bit but a soon as he tries to play a more open game we get hammered at the back.
I really can't take much more of this progress. Let's face it, my wee sister would have been an improvement on Calderwood. Watching our team being outclassed tonight by guys on half their wages was a disgrace.
Won't please Pat's fans on here but if he does not improve then he won't be back next season. Nothing makes Petrie act quicker than falling attendances and we are certainly going to have that.
:top marks Spot on

Sammy7nil
11-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Performances like that get managers the sack.
Players did not know their role looked unintrested and wee Pat was unable to lift them at HT 1 win in 10 league games :rolleyes: Bottom 6 beckons.

Not saying he should sacked but fans dont forget performaces like that a lose to Hearts and cup exit and the Wolves will be in a circle :wink:

allezsauzee
11-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Bring back Clayton Donaldson, he's brilliant

MrRobot
11-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Tbh up until their first goal I thought we looked fired up for it. Seriously fell apart after that.

Amit
11-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Definitely bottom 6 form. Clearly the tactic tonight should've been to play in behind their slow defence. Yet we play right into their hands by humping it up front.

Sammy7nil
11-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Tbh up until their first goal I thought we looked fired up for it. Seriously fell apart after that.

Hibs were truly awaful and prior to them scoring had, had NO effort at goal. :cb If that is fired up then gawd help us.

Jim44
11-02-2013, 09:36 PM
All the league games are important not just the Hearts game ( on current form there must be a fair chance that there`ll be a fourth derby but in bottom six ) but I agree that the Killie game is crucial .

I don't think we've the slightest hope of a top six finish and I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak into the top six. Then again we've not got their off-the pitch problems. :yawn: :rolleyes:

Famous Fiver
11-02-2013, 09:45 PM
My knee jerk reaction?

Where's the list for Cup Final tickets? Can you put my name at the top, please? If this thread is anything to go by I'll be the only one on the famous Hampden slopes!!

Been watching Hibs since the fifties and have seen some worse dross in that time.

Onwards and upwards. As the song goes 'Gie the ba' tae Reilly'. Even at 80 odds he wouldn't have looked out of place tonight!!

So optimistic I've just printed off the route to Hampden from the AA website.

You heard it here first!!!!

DaveF
11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
we are not in a dog fight this year

Not yet, but if Dundee get on a run we might be :greengrin

I struggle to see where our next win is coming from. Hopefully on sat at paisley but based on recent form thats highly unlikely.

Seekyit
11-02-2013, 09:53 PM

When did people stop saying this season is progress? why, because we got lucky with a good early run...... and people expected it was job done.

Jesus guys we have been and still are a very long way from any finished article, but you have to give it time and a chance, we are not in a dog fight this year, do we really want to see another manager and another year of people saying he is playing with Fenlons team let him have a few windows to make it his own team.......

Come on, eh!

The above points sum it up for me. I hope PF has brought some stability to the club and is working towards next season. In the meantime a wee Cup run would be nice; that and remaining undefeated against them since whenever it was..

Tonight was bad though...

clerriehibs
11-02-2013, 09:53 PM

Think you have to look up the meaning of "knee jerk reaction". Unless you have very very slow knees?

Emerald
11-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Not yet, but if Dundee get on a run we might be :greengrin

I struggle to see where our next win is coming from. Hopefully on sat at paisley but based on recent form thats highly unlikely.

We have improved though, we've managed to consolodate second bottom place with loads of games to go this year. :greengrin Meow :offski:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Quality bait on that line Scott!

hibs4thecup1988
11-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Knee jerk reaction my backside!

We are absolutely bloody garbage. HAve been for months, and I don't usually agree with Chick Young but he said had the penalty gone in it could have been 6 or 7 and I totally agree.

If people are HAPPY AND THINK THIS IS PROGRESS you are absolutely blind! Even Fenlon said tonight it is garbage and so what if we have the same points total as last year. That is gone. That is history.

I swear to god if we were not in the quarter finals of the cup then people would be screaming for Fenlon to be sacked.

I think his tactics are outrageous and he should immediately re-think his ideas. Tonight we were totally out classed by what? A St Johnstone team that must be on a 1/4 of our budget. This is now Fenlon's team no more excuses. We could be out the cup and 2nd bottom going into the next Edinburgh derby, then what?

Raging doesn't even come close. And as for Scott in Prague...mate you can make a jesting post but you don't need to sit and watch that 90 minutes in the freezing flipping cold with a kid chittering in your ear asking to go home because it is garbage.

Oh and btw YES if we DO make the final I WILL still want a ticket cause I have followed this home and away for years now. Call me a yam all you want, but this team has been garbage for MONTHS. A win against Hearts and Celtic has papered over the cracks.

Speedy
11-02-2013, 10:02 PM
The bovril was too hot and it burnt my mouth.

Shambles!

Won't be back in a hurry.

SaulGoodman
11-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Been sticking up for the team after every game this season, but that was woeful.

Hibby70
11-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Fenlon for Pope.

SouthamptonHibs
11-02-2013, 10:07 PM
So the rest of the games are pointless apart from Killie and Hearts? Really? Holy Jesus that's a shocking statement unless your joking? Every game means as much as the next. We are losing fans all over the place so believe me a big performance is needed in ALL games. If you are joking then I take this back.

To me these are the only games I interested in this season. We can't beat Ross County, Dundee and should have been beaten by four or five tonight. Europe is pointless as we get two games in July then we r booted out by some fiddly team from eastern Europe. These days the game that I'm interested in are v Hearts and the cup games. This season Dundee will get relegated we have enough points to stay up.
We had a good start this season but we`'ve messed it up in the league. March is when it gets interesting for me hail hail

Thecat23
11-02-2013, 10:33 PM
To me these are the only games I interested in this season. We can't beat Ross County, Dundee and should have been beaten by four or five tonight. Europe is pointless as we get two games in July then we r booted out by some fiddly team from eastern Europe. These days the game that I'm interested in are v Hearts and the cup games. This season Dundee will get relegated we have enough points to stay up.
We had a good start this season but we`'ve messed it up in the league. March is when it gets interesting for me hail hail

We haven't messed it up as a win tonight would have taken us joint 2nd. Still a lot to play for if Fenlon can just get his tactics right and stop being so negative at home. We can still beat teams Ross County and because we didn't before we surely shouldn't have the attitude to just give up. Europe brings in a lot of money for the club and that could be the difference to watching a better side next season or the same poor standard we have seen tonight. So I stand by my comment that to think Hearts and Killie are the only important games is just ridiculous.

Captain Trips
11-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Nothing knee jerk about this 3-1 at home to St Johnstone is deserving of stick under any circumstance.

Scottie
11-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Nothing knee jerk about this 3-1 at home to St Johnstone is deserving of stick under any circumstance.

Agree mate but its the manner of the defeat that is so worrying.
This is NO blip anymore as some on here would lead you to believe.
1 win in 10 tells the story.:confused:

The Green Goblin
11-02-2013, 11:01 PM

Come on, eh!

If you have a look at my previous posts, going back weeks and months, you would find that I definitely argue that progress has been made this season and you would also find me advocating patience and supporting Fenlon. I appreciate you answered my post, but you go on to talk about Fenlon as if I was implying he should be sacked. I definitely did not say or imply that, nor have I ever done so.

But there comes a point where criticisms have to be levelled when certain things, basic things, which should be happening are not, even setting aside results and the "entertainment factor" e.g creating chances, passing effectively as a team rather than resorting to the ineffective long ball, being first to the ball rather than 2nd, looking as fit as our oppponents rather than watching them run past us and so on. These things are lacking imho. I like Fenlon, but he's not above criticism and it's fair enough for fans to voice their concerns when things are not right or should be better.

Captain Trips
11-02-2013, 11:05 PM
If you have a look at my previous posts, going back weeks and months, you would find that I definitely argue that progress has been made this season and you would also find me advocating patience and supporting Fenlon. I appreciate you answered my post, but you go on to talk about Fenlon as if I was implying he should be sacked. I definitely did not say or imply that, nor have I ever done so.

But there comes a point where criticisms have to be levelled when certain things, basic things, which should be happening are not, even setting aside results and the "entertainment factor" e.g creating chances, passing effectively as a team rather than resorting to the ineffective long ball, being first to the ball rather than 2nd, looking as fit as our oppponents rather than watching them run past us and so on. These things are lacking imho. I like Fenlon, but he's not above criticism and it's fair enough for fans to voice their concerns when things are not right or should be better.

1 win in 10 is deserving of criticism no doubt about it. Yes there is progress in first half of season but 2nd half so far? awful stuff.

MrRobot
11-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Hibs were truly awaful and prior to them scoring had, had NO effort at goal. :cb If that is fired up then gawd help us.

Yeah fair enough no attempts at that point but we were chasing the ball down and playing decent. Straight after the goal we were rank.

The Green Goblin
11-02-2013, 11:16 PM
1 win in 10 is deserving of criticism no doubt about it. Yes there is progress in first half of season but 2nd half so far? awful stuff.

Yes, I agree.

Houchy
11-02-2013, 11:25 PM

Come on, eh!

I do agree with most of this and still believe that we are taking 3 steps forward then 2 back and that PF with the right support will get us there but when are people going to stop gauging our progress by compared to last seasons points?

All that's happened is that with sevco not being in the league, all the other teams are beating each other and sharing rangers 80 odd points.

I have to pull you up in the "we're not in a dog fight". 5 points off 11th says we're not 1,000,000 miles away from one despite already having more points than last year. I just hope we can see out the remainder of the season and secure 4th. Scottish cup (or just another final even) final would be a bonus too.

Keith_M
12-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Does it count as a knee jerk reaction if we've just been humped yet again by a team with a much smaller support and much smaller finances after two and a half months of poor football?

I would class myself as now being 'very concerned' about the way we're going and 'having little confidence' in which team is going to turn up in future Hibs games.

Is that knee jerk? :dunno:

Russell The Dug
12-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Does it count as knee jerk saying progress has been made not knowing how the season will pan out?

Hermit Crab
12-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Fenlon must go along with the board. GTF!!!!!!!!!:grr::grr::grr:

Keith_M
12-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Fenlon out, Benedict in.