PDA

View Full Version : Team For tonight

Hibee87
11-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Whats everyones thoughts on the team for the night?

Mine would be:

..................Big ben.........................

maybury.....mcpake....hanlon....mcgivern/stevenson
(clancy looking doubtful)

...................claros .....deagan........................

Cairney..................robertson................ .done
........................griffiths................. ..........

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

adhibs
11-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Is claros back? Id give him a break after the traveling. Although if hes been made to rush back from Honduras he might not be too impressed if he isnt involved

Diclonius
11-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Same as last week. Why change a winning team?

Hibee87
11-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Same as last week. Why change a winning team?

Id change it cause spoony was mince, and has looked off the boil for a while now....and cause we have no creativity in midfield normally and I think my line up with the new boys would sort this :aok:

Judas Iscariot
11-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Id change it cause spoony was mince, and has looked off the boil for a while now....and cause we have no creativity in midfield normally and I think my line up with the new boys would sort this :aok:

This

Williams

Maybury McPake Hanlon McGivern

Claros Deegan

Cairney Robertson Done

Griffiths

calumhibee1
11-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Williams

Deegan Claros Stevenson

Cairney Done

Sparky

Zazu62
11-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Would definitely drop wotherspoon theirs a player in their somewhere but to me he looks unfit, fancy hibs tonight 3-0.

happiehibbie
11-02-2013, 12:27 PM
why are we going with one up front !!

big ben

Clancy Mc Pake Hanlon Mcgivern

Done Deegan Roberston Cairney

Doyle Griffiths

I would prefer Cairney on the right tho

scoopyboy
11-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Is claros back? Id give him a break after the traveling. Although if hes been made to rush back from Honduras he might not be too impressed if he isnt involved

He played in the same game as Clint Dempsey and he was playing for Spurs at lunchtime on Saturday for Spurs.

Tim Howard also played for Everton yesterday so IMO Claros should be ok for us tonight.

hibsbollah
11-02-2013, 12:28 PM

Mine would be:

Not bad, but i think Taiwo will be back instead of Claros, its come too soon for him.

Piqué
11-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Done in for Wotherspoon would be my only change if everyone is fit.

andrew70
11-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Williams
Robertson Claros Deegan
Handling Griffiths Cairney

scoopyboy
11-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Two or three different teams posted already, for me this is positive as it means we are closer to a squad now than we have been for a while.

For too long our starting line up has been predictable and we haven't had much on the bench to change things.

Hibee87
11-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Not bad, but i think Taiwo will be back instead of Claros, its come too soon for him.

IF claros is not playing then I agree taiwo is an adequate replacement, however IF mcgivern is fit and Claros is not I would have stevenson in there ahead of taiwo. I like lewis and he has played well the last few games, and I would keep him at left back instead of mcgivern based on perfomances recently alone, however I dont think fenlon sees it like this.

having said all that though I fully expect Claros to start :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
11-02-2013, 12:33 PM

How much time does he need?

The game in Honduras was five days ago.

Golden Bear
11-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Where does Done normally play -------- left side or right side?

Judas Iscariot
11-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Where does Done normally play -------- left side or right side?

Think he's a lefty

Golden Bear
11-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Think he's a lefty

Aye thought that as well.

Probably explains why he was played down the right when he came on as a sub in the last game.

:rolleyes:

Leishy1995
11-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Williams
Maybury Mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern
Deegan Claros
Doyle Stevenson Done
Griffiths

Personally think Spoony and Cairney need to be dropped, they have been poor for awhile.
Even if Clancy is back Maybury earns his spot. Stevenson deserves to be the box to box midfielder. Deegan and Claros need to continue making their runs forward to increase our effectiveness. Doyle back in the squad because he is a good winger and hard worker. Maybury will have more help with him there.

Judas Iscariot
11-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Williams
Deegan Claros
Doyle Stevenson Done
Griffiths

Personally think Spoony and Cairney need to be dropped, they have been poor for awhile.
Even if Clancy is back Maybury earns his spot. Stevenson deserves to be the box to box midfielder. Deegan and Claros need to continue making their runs forward to increase our effectiveness. Doyle back in the squad because he is a good winger and hard worker. Maybury will have more help with him there.

That cant shoot and has scored 1 goal in his Hibs career?!?

Andy74
11-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Aye thought that as well.

Probably explains why he was played down the right when he came on as a sub in the last game.

:rolleyes:

Different managers have different views on this. You don't need to be on the side of the pitch that equates to the foot you are stronger on.

Depends on the way the team plays and the type of players up front as well. It may be better to have players that can cut in rather than going outside.

I prefer wingers to get to the bye line and cross the ball but who would finish it?

Golden Bear
11-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Different managers have different views on this. You don't need to be on the side of the pitch that equates to the foot you are stronger on.

Depends on the way the team plays and the type of players up front as well. It may be better to have players that can cut in rather than going outside.

I prefer wingers to get to the bye line and cross the ball but who would finish it?

If he's a natural left sided player and that's where he normally plays then that's where a Manager would expect to get the best out of him ---------- I think.

I'm also thinking back to Sproule and Galbraith who were both played out of their natural positions and it just didn't work.

Tha Cabbage Kid
11-02-2013, 01:10 PM
someone needs to mark liam craig if he plays tonight. so maybe stevenson on the wing

Hibee87
11-02-2013, 01:18 PM

Thats my thinking....If we had a john daly type as a striker then id be expecting to wingers to whip balls in all day for him but with our set up and griffiths its not as feesable...playing done on the right might be the best for tonight. he can cut in and shoot or lay it off for robrertson (or whever plays centre attacking mid) or to griffiths. Also i believe he is a good runner and good at traking back so might be instructed to follow craig as well

My_Wife_Camille
11-02-2013, 01:19 PM
If he's a natural left sided player and that's where he normally plays then that's where a Manager would expect to get the best out of him ---------- I think.

I'm also thinking back to Sproule and Galbraith who were both played out of their natural positions and it just didn't work.
Not always as simple as that though. I think it's more down to the quality of the player. Look at Messi, a naturally left footed player who often started wide right at Barcelona while Henry, a naturally right footed player would come in from the left. Closer to home we have had Derek Riordan, Dean Shiels and Paul Cairney who are all naturally right footed players who did well while playing on the right.

The fact is that Galbraith, Sproule, Morais, O'Brien etc just weren't good enough footballers in general, even when played on their natural sides.

Golden Bear
11-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Not always as simple as that though. I think it's more down to the quality of the player. Look at Messi, a naturally left footed player who often started wide right at Barcelona while Henry, a naturally right footed player would come in from the left. Closer to home we have had Derek Riordan, Dean Shiels and Paul Cairney who are all naturally right footed players who did well while playing on the right.

The fact is that Galbraith, Sproule, Morais, O'Brien etc just weren't good enough footballers in general, even when played on their natural sides.

It's a different topic altogether but Riordan was never the same player when he was asked to play a wider role which also involved tracking back and defending.

Hibs90
11-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Hanlon
McGirven

Robertson
Claros
Deegan

Wotherspoon
Griffiths
Doyle

Golden Bear
11-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Hanlon
McGirven

Robertson
Claros
Deegan

Wotherspoon
Griffiths
Doyle

Aye that solves the Done question.

:wink:

Hibs90
11-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Aye that solves the Done question.

:wink:

If Wotherspoon is pish again hook him at half time and replace with Done.

Solved. :agree:

My_Wife_Camille
11-02-2013, 01:42 PM
It's a different topic altogether but Riordan was never the same player when he was asked to play a wider role which also involved tracking back and defending. Riordan was hugely effective playing a wider role. It was the deeper role that affected his game

hibsbollah
11-02-2013, 01:45 PM

Well i guess we'll find out in about 4 hours.

kentao
11-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
McGivern
Stevenson

Done
Claros
Deegan
Cairney

Griffiths
Doyle

LancashireHibby
11-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Riordan was hugely effective playing a wider role. It was the deeper role that affected his game
Under Calderwood he spent much of the time stratching his backside on the touchline making no effort to get in to the game. All in the past though and not wishing to de-rail the thread in to another Riordan one.

Andy74
11-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Riordan was hugely effective playing a wider role. It was the deeper role that affected his game

He scored about 15 from left midfield and we were 4th with Stokes in front of him as a top scorer in the SPL.

In what way was that not quite successful?

lord bunberry
11-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I would bring doyle back in for spoony and clancy for maybury if he's fit. I would like robertson to get a start if claros isn't playing

AlbertK86
This
Williams

Claros Deegan

Cairney Robertson Done

Griffiths

That's my team as well

If Claros not recovered the Stevenson as a straight swap
Or

Go 442 and stick Doyle up with Leigh

1-0 Hibs

Ggtth

Speedway
Murdoch

Maybury
Donaldson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Harris
Taiwo
Handling

Kuqi
Doyle

GreenOnions
11-02-2013, 02:12 PM
This

Williams

Claros Deegan

Cairney Robertson Done

Griffiths

I kind of like the look of this. Only one up front but much more attacking midfield. It gives some ideas about how the team could evolve in the close season ........... maybe along the lines of:

Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern/New left back

Claros or Deegan

Robertson Cairney Craig Done/New winger

Griffiths/New striker

GreenPJ
11-02-2013, 02:14 PM
He scored about 15 from left midfield and we were 4th with Stokes in front of him as a top scorer in the SPL.

Team for tonight?????????????????????????????/:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
11-02-2013, 02:16 PM
This

Williams

Claros Deegan

Cairney Robertson Done

Griffiths

Williams

Deegan Claros Stevenson

Cairney Done

Sparky

Mine would be:

One up top at home again?? Not a fan of that.

Hermit Crab
11-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Murdoch

Maybury
Donaldson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Harris
Taiwo
Handling

Kuqi
Doyle

Haha, nice try. :fishin:

sparkiedelpaco7
11-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Williams

Wotherspoon - McPake - Hanlon - McGivern

Deegan

Done ---- Robertson ---- Cairney

Doyle --- Griffiths

GreenOnions
11-02-2013, 02:23 PM

I know what you mean but it could be argued that Mowbray only played with one striker most of the time (O'Connor or Killen) and we were attacking enough then. It depends on whether or not the supporting midfield players can get forward or not - turning it into a 4-3-3.

Hibee87
11-02-2013, 02:50 PM

I like to see it as more of 3 up top when attacking (could even argue 4 with the attcking mid) but also cover for the defence when required.

the way i would like it set out as stated leaves claros and deegan as the definsive midfields and gives the CAM role as the other striker (just in behind) if you like, and with robertson being just over 6ft he is the tallest in the midfield and is where the long kick outs from ben should be aimed at, but ideally the ball should be passed from the back and thus avoiding the need to resort to hoofing. in the past I would agree with you regaridng playing a lone striker but i think there is a decent atacking elemant to my set up withour exposing the defense to much.

whatever nick nack paddy whack chooses lets all get 100% behind the team from the off. Its importnat to start picking up results at home again :pfgwa

scoopyboy
11-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Well i guess we'll find out in about 4 hours.

Beautifully put and I think we will.

steviehibsleith
11-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Nice too see so many guesses about tonights team sure PF knows his best eleven. We seem to have quite a few midfield options right now and only sure starter will be Deegan in this area so ill go for this but only troops who have seen training this week will really know how it will pan- out reackon I could have 4 wrong starters as in Taiwoo Stevenson Wotherspoon and Dolye :confused:

Williams
Done Deegan Claros Robertson Cairney
Griffiths

JimBHibees
11-02-2013, 02:59 PM

:agree: and he only played 10 mins or so.

Leishy1995
11-02-2013, 03:29 PM
That cant shoot and has scored 1 goal in his Hibs career?!?

His performance last Sunday Vs the sheep made my decision, his drive towards their box on 3 occasions was something nobody else does.

markom127
11-02-2013, 03:39 PM
All out attack 4-2-4 Kuqi to score a hat-trick and hibs to win 7-0 :wink::agree:

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2013, 04:02 PM
His performance last Sunday Vs the sheep made my decision, his drive towards their box on 3 occasions was something nobody else does.

I agree, and its certainly nothing you would find Gary Deegan doing. :wink:

LeighLoyal
11-02-2013, 04:14 PM
I'd think twice about Robertson starting, never noticed him vs Sheeps. Would rather play Spoon centrally, give Done a chance though.

S4uzee
11-02-2013, 04:21 PM
I'd think twice about Robertson starting, never noticed him vs Sheeps. Would rather play Spoon centrally, give Done a chance though.
He only played about 5 mins

My_Wife_Camille
11-02-2013, 04:21 PM

Not sure if you meant to quote me as I never said anything about not being successful. I think Riordan generally done well wherever he was asked to play, as his goal scoring record showed.

Having said that I thought he was more effective when playing wide in a slightly more advanced role.

As for team for tonight, I agree with the OP

LeighLoyal
11-02-2013, 04:31 PM
He only played about 5 mins

that'll explain it.:wink:

JimBHibees
11-02-2013, 05:07 PM
I would hope to see Robertson starting and personally would have Done left and Cairney wide right for Spoony.

NOLA
11-02-2013, 05:08 PM
replace spoony tonight please, robertson to start :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
11-02-2013, 05:09 PM
I would hope to see Robertson starting and personally would have Done left and Cairney wide right for Spoony.

Agreed.

If Done plays I hope he is LW.
Fenlon played Sproule mostly left and Done came on at RW against the Dons.
Does my nut in.

JimBHibees
11-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Agreed.

If Done plays I hope he is LW.
Fenlon played Sproule mostly left and Done came on at RW against the Dons.
Does my nut in.

Agree dont actually see the point in it either as it IMO is more likely to put the winger off as they arent used to it. Didnt help Sproule either.

FranckSuzy
11-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Spoony just tweeted 'David Wotherspoon‏@14spoonyProtected accountAll the best to the lads 2nite!! #3points (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%233points&src=hash) watching from the stand is gonna b agony but good to get a catch up with my mates'.

JMac
11-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Williams
Clancy (if fit) if not, Maybury
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern
Claros
Deegan
Done
Robertson
Cairney